First loss - no big deal

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

First loss - no big deal

Post by Swagger » 07 Mar 2019, 22:30

I know a few will be angry with the performance but let's look at positives.

Warrington are meant to be the next best to Saints this year and they have struggled to beat us tonight even though we have 10 players out.

A loss will give us a kick up the bum and make us want it more.

Looks like our right side will finally change... Whether it's Egodo and Minikin or Foster and Minikin... I'm sure we will see a change.

Yes we have lost but we didn't really get outplayed. Once we get bodies back I can see us being up there with Saints for sure.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: First loss - no big deal

Post by old cas lass » 07 Mar 2019, 22:34

Suppose 4/5 ain’t to bad.
Need to get back on the horse big style next week.
Also some players need to look at themselves in the mirror tonight.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Mar 2019, 22:42

For sure. We will see some changes next week definitely. Sounds like Holmes and Milner will be back so can see...

Foster and Minikin on right edge with Holmes and Jesse in back row.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2019, 22:43

Swagger wrote:I know a few will be angry with the performance but let's look at positives.

Warrington are meant to be the next best to Saints this year and they have struggled to beat us tonight even though we have 10 players out.

A loss will give us a kick up the bum and make us want it more.

Looks like our right side will finally change... Whether it's Egodo and Minikin or Foster and Minikin... I'm sure we will see a change.

Yes we have lost but we didn't really get outplayed. Once we get bodies back I can see us being up there with Saints for sure.
I think you summed it up well mate when we were leading 4-0 we looked confident and were on top then we let three soft trys in all down the same side you could see the other players shaking there heads in disbelief
Powell made the change that was needed at half -time early days but cas not be far away I don't think
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 07 Mar 2019, 22:46

Sometimes a kick up the backside can be a good thing, hopefully that will focus a few minds. Tonight highlighted a few weaknesses for all to see and the coaching staff now know what they have to do to rectify it. There’s nothing wrong effort wise and things will improve when players come back but the spine is fit so the combinations can be worked on now and an answer to the right-hand side has to be found. Onwards and upwards.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 07 Mar 2019, 22:47

Roberts finished iv heard tonight.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Mar 2019, 22:50

Anyone see Roberts in the stand?? I may be wrong and if I am I apologise but I feel like he has no heart for the club. All injured players still going to watch but never see Roberts.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Mar 2019, 22:54

Swagger wrote:Anyone see Roberts in the stand?? I may be wrong and if I am I apologise but I feel like he has no heart for the club. All injured players still going to watch but never see Roberts.
He's been with Denny Solomona tonight. Whether they were at the game or not. Not sure.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Mar 2019, 22:57

One more thing. We are still gauranteed to be 2nd after this weekend which is still nice to see after a loss. Big performance Vs Salford next week hopefully.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 07 Mar 2019, 23:14

Mucky1978 wrote:Roberts finished iv heard tonight.
Iv heard Roberts been moved on so we can get Gelling in under cap
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 07 Mar 2019, 23:28

jackknife wrote:
Cap wouldn't be an issue With The gale dispensation

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 07 Mar 2019, 23:28

jackknife wrote:
Cap wouldn't be an issue With The gale dispensation just the quota

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 07 Mar 2019, 23:37

Just goes to show how much we rely on watts and millington. Moors has been great for us off the bench and makes a big impact! Add millington to tonights team with moors coming off the bench with cook and foster and we look a lot stronger and better balanced side. Great effort tonight and i hope no more injuries

On to next week.....
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Mar 2019, 23:39

SWISS TONY!! wrote:Just goes to show how much we rely on watts and millington. Moors has been great for us off the bench and makes a big impact! Add millington to tonights team with moors coming off the bench with cook and foster and we look a lot stronger and better balanced side. Great effort tonight and i hope no more injuries

On to next week.....

Talking of injuries, had a panic attack when macca went down.
Looks like he took a nasty poke to the eye, it looked really sore.
:pray: he’s gonna be ok.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 07 Mar 2019, 23:40

If true then im happy with moving roberts on to make room for another player but would gelling count of the quota spot as inu has already been given dispensation not to count as hel come under non federation i belive if im wrong im sorry.inu or gelling would be a boost for our right side unless powell has his sights set on someone else

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 08 Mar 2019, 07:55

Bolton-tiger wrote:If true then im happy with moving roberts on to make room for another player but would gelling count of the quota spot as inu has already been given dispensation not to count as hel come under non federation i belive if im wrong im sorry.inu or gelling would be a boost for our right side unless powell has his sights set on someone else
Inu was released so doesn't count. Gelling has been kept so believe he will count on everything.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Mar 2019, 08:03

We missed two glorious sitters to score through McShane and Shenton. They scored off the back of a bad back to 1 decision. Game of fine margins, execution and luck/decisions going your way

For Wire having virtually full strength team out vs us with 9 first team players out, I think we put up a brave and strong fight. At 24-4 we could have collapsed and didn’t.

I don’t know where this idea we played “badly” comes from. Sure there were a couple of soft tries but there was only one really bad one and that isn’t down to just 1 player - there were at least 4 men there including Foster and Rankin who didn’t attempt or effect a tackle. I know people will no doubt scapegoat Clare and Minikin but those other two shouldn’t be exempt either. Most teams attack down their left edge as it’s their strongest side, so I would always expect it to be tested down that side more. Those guys have done a decent job so far even making some try saving tackles so I think we can forgive them for the odd error, especially against the side probably spending the most in Super League.

On to our players, I thought some individuals set a benchmark for themselves. Massey in particular had the best game I think I’ve ever seen from him from a carries point of view - seemed to make metres every single time. I thought Eden and Mata’utia were solid and you know what you get from Watts and McShane. Good to see O’Neill come on and make a crunching tackle immediately too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Mar 2019, 08:13

Can't agree with you on Clare and minikin if we persist playing them together which I don't think we will teams will fill there boots all season down that side
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Mar 2019, 08:35

Well we have played 5 games and conceded 12 tries this season. That’s playing 1 side who will definitely be in top 5 and two sides (Catalans and Hull) who many predicted to be above us or in there too.

We had the best defence in the league up until last night. Not all the tries we have conceded have come down our left edge - last week two were plundered through the middle but no one wants them replacing.

I do think we are a back short but I think it’s a bit early to panic based on 1 game. Players have good games, players have bad games. We can’t win every one and teams will score out wide as we do indeed ourselves.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Mar 2019, 08:40

No panic we've got a good team in fact I was encoraged by last night just don't think Clare and minikin are strong enough playing together in a team with a chance of winning the grand final
Last edited by tigerfeat on 08 Mar 2019, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Vince Lombardi