General Feeling - Stadium Poll

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Do we REALLY think we’ll actually get a new Stadium within 5 yrs?

Yes
69%
No
25%
Seriously, just no -it’s never going to happen.
7%

Total votes: 89

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

General Feeling - Stadium Poll

Post by Mysterio » 05 Mar 2019, 14:34

Personally, (if it were to ever happen I’d be so absolutely delighted to be proven wrong!) how do we all feel about the possibility of a new stadium?

I’m not opening it up to a debate, excuses, current reasons (valid or not), but do you personally feel we’ll have a new stadium within the next 5 years? A simple yes or no will tell me how many people can ‘see’ what I think I can see.
Audacter Et Sincere

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: General Feeling - Stadium Poll

Post by sparky49 » 05 Mar 2019, 16:44

yes

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 05 Mar 2019, 18:47

I (think) I remember some retail association spokesman saying that last christmas' results were poor against further fading results and the Birmingham Building lost money of late. Add slow take up and Brexit then whatever actually happens the wind is clearly blowing cold at the moment.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 05 Mar 2019, 20:38

it has been said though that the high streets are failing because they can't compete with the large out of town retail parks wit their free parking and easy access and that seems to be the way forward.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 05 Mar 2019, 21:08

Gone for yes.

BTW - A much more balanced poll would be:-

1. Definitely, positively yes - It will surely happen.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Seriously, just no -it’s never going to happen.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 06 Mar 2019, 00:55

Tigerade wrote:Gone for yes.

2. Yes
3. No
lol pointless poll really , this forum i guess is not the view off the wider public in Castleford . People you talk to in local pubs and around town and work have lost faith in it. An official announcement from the club would probably get more people believing not a statement on a facebook page .

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 06 Mar 2019, 10:22

lurcher wrote:it has been said though that the high streets are failing because they can't compete with the large out of town retail parks wit their free parking and easy access and that seems to be the way forward.
As far as the new ground goes let's hope so.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Mar 2019, 10:40

flow wrote:

2. Yes
3. No
lol pointless poll really , this forum i guess is not the view off the wider public in Castleford . People you talk to in local pubs and around town and work have lost faith in it. An official announcement from the club would probably get more people believing not a statement on a facebook page .
But it's a statement from the people sorting it. Where it is posted is irrelevant, social media gets it to people better than just a post on a website. It's there and it tells us what we have been asking.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 06 Mar 2019, 15:03

mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:

2. Yes
3. No
But it's a statement from the people sorting it. Where it is posted is irrelevant, social media gets it to people better than just a post on a website. It's there and it tells us what we have been asking.
The club wont post till its 100% going to happen they have had there fingers burnt before, anouncing false dawns . when the club announce it i will be 100% confident, and very wise too by the club too .

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 Mar 2019, 15:37

flow wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:

2. Yes
3. No
The club wont post till its 100% going to happen they have had there fingers burnt before, anouncing false dawns . when the club announce it i will be 100% confident, and very wise too by the club too .
The club have put the statement on the website for what it’s worth

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Mar 2019, 19:13

derbystiger wrote:
flow wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:

2. Yes
3. No
Here: https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=6262
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 06 Mar 2019, 20:45

derbystiger wrote:
flow wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:

2. Yes
3. No
its not a statement from the club its exactly the same statement put on axiom facebook they have just copied it. Like I said the club will not officially announce any thing till they have a water tight start date which you cant blame them after the last chairman and directors got there fingers burnt .

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Mar 2019, 21:10

Can anyone remember the year we were first told that a new ground was going to be built? Just a question not a comment.

For what it’s worth I don’t see anything to say a new ground will be built for sure, this is why I am in the “I will believ e it when I see it” team just now. Never really got too giddy about a new ground from day one knowing how the club have operated for the last 20 years.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 06 Mar 2019, 21:56

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Can anyone remember the year we were first told that a new ground was going to be built? Just a question not a comment.

For what it’s worth I don’t see anything to say a new ground will be built for sure, this is why I am in the “I will believ e it when I see it” team just now. Never really got too giddy about a new ground from day one knowing how the club have operated for the last 20 years.
cant remember exact date but about 15years ago, can remember the big public meeting in civic centre hosted by mr right :roll: :roll: he said a new ground would push us to be a top four side . Well probably a bit behind time line but we have come a top four team with out a new ground lol.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2019, 22:58

flow wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Can anyone remember the year we were first told that a new ground was going to be built? Just a question not a comment.

cant remember exact date but about 15years ago, can remember the big public meeting in civic centre hosted by mr right :roll: :roll: he said a new ground would push us to be a top four side . Well probably a bit behind time line but we have come a top four team with out a new ground lol.
Longer than 15 years Flow. Sure it was the end of the last century where talk of a ground down whitwood was bandied about.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 07 Mar 2019, 00:19

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:

Longer than 15 years Flow. Sure it was the end of the last century where talk of a ground down whitwood was bandied about.
Or it was the one less than both of those and it was when the 2nd round of licensing was done and the meeting involved showing everyone the bid + stadium news (the one in Glasshoughton previous to Axiom...That Wright somehow thought could be self funded).

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 07 Mar 2019, 09:49

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:

Pretty sure it would have been around 1998 when the first meeting was at the Civic Centre.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2019, 09:56

So 20 years and counting and 70 per cent vote yes ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Mar 2019, 10:55

There so much more to this build. Actual money spent (30m), plans, signed up parties, a traffic plan and new junction designed. The over head cables put under ground already. Permission to build.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 07 Mar 2019, 11:31

mart0042 wrote:There so much more to this build. Actual money spent (30m), plans, signed up parties, a traffic plan and new junction designed. The over head cables put under ground already. Permission to build.
Weres your prove all ready spent 30million part from a statement on facebook . You now what they say Facebook is mainly fake news lol