Injuries

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Injuries

Post by lurcher » 15 Feb 2019, 15:51

thats how powell explained it on tuesday night at the meet the coaches evening so are you saying he's wrong.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Feb 2019, 12:43

As l only follow Rugby League, l decided to have a brief peruse of how lawn fairies(professional footballers) go on.
They seem to have many similar injuries muscle tears, hamstrings, cruciate ligements.
Not a lot of concussions.
Imagine if the were on the receiving end of the tackles league players encounter.
I feel that player welfare is rightly taking a greater role and rightly so, when the weight of evidence is the potential of long-term consequences of collision sports.
It would lead me to believe our players are made of sterner stuff and the coaches, physios, conditioners and all those involved in keeping these lads fit enough to play arguably the toughest team sport on the planet.
Much as l want the best player on the park
I also want them to enjoy retirement and subsequent retirement without more impairments than anyone of a comparible age.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Feb 2019, 13:01

casjunction wrote:As l only follow Rugby League, l decided to have a brief peruse of how lawn fairies(professional footballers) go on.
They seem to have many similar injuries muscle tears, hamstrings, cruciate ligements.
Not a lot of concussions.
Imagine if the were on the receiving end of the tackles league players encounter.
I feel that player welfare is rightly taking a greater role and rightly so, when the weight of evidence is the potential of long-term consequences of collision sports.
It would lead me to believe our players are made of sterner stuff and the coaches, physios, conditioners and all those involved in keeping these lads fit enough to play arguably the toughest team sport on the planet.
Much as l want the best player on the park
I also want them to enjoy retirement and subsequent retirement without more impairments than anyone of a comparible age.
Good analysis, apart from not comparing “apples with apples”. Footballers are not conditioned to absorb contact with 100kg+ opponents at great speeds, therefore they would appear to be softer, weaker, etc.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 17 Feb 2019, 17:39

The points l was making was injuries are part and parcel of all sports.
That Rugby League players do pretty well considering the collisions you illustrated.
Finally that the well being of athletes including those who play Rugby has more taken much more responsibly than in the past
Essentially l think we are in general agreement

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 24 Feb 2019, 12:48

I hope peter is ok after he went off against london.powell said he just tightend up but i think hes been brilliant at the back for us and think we would miss him if hes out for a nunber or weeks so fingers crossed

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Feb 2019, 13:07

Bolton-tiger wrote:I hope peter is ok after he went off against london.powell said he just tightend up but i think hes been brilliant at the back for us and think we would miss him if hes out for a nunber or weeks so fingers crossed

Think it was cramp with him.
Hopefully ok for next week.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Feb 2019, 13:49

He was walking round talking to the fans after the game, and looked perfectly normal.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Feb 2019, 15:00

Cas are certainly doing it tough at the moment on the injury front, nice to see PETE walking round after the match the lad may not be the fastest fullback but he is one of the safest number ones we have had for many a year, Powel as said Milner very unlikely to feature next week

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Feb 2019, 15:01

Holmes should be close to being fit.
Really do need some bodies back.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 24 Feb 2019, 15:54

Latest on Holmes was that he was due back April, so a few games to go yet!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Feb 2019, 20:11

gateman wrote:Cas are certainly doing it tough at the moment on the injury front, nice to see PETE walking round after the match the lad may not be the fastest fullback but he is one of the safest number ones we have had for many a year, Powel as said Milner very unlikely to feature next week
Milners instagram he has a boot on by looks on train home. Best hope Foster and sicknote are fit for sunday. Otherwise we're without

Gale
Ellis
Holmes
Maher
Clarke
Mcmeeken
Foster
Roberts
Milner

Gonna be tough anyway but that's making it very tough.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 24 Feb 2019, 20:23

Niggling post rather than niggling injury.
I hope the players in question are fit for Friday!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Feb 2019, 20:52

think it was said roberts and foster wre left out as a precaution due to the plastic pitch. wiould have played on normal grass
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 Feb 2019, 22:07

lurcher wrote:think it was said roberts and foster wre left out as a precaution due to the plastic pitch. wiould have played on normal grass
In Powells after match interview he said he didn't think anyone would be available to return to action by next week. have we any decent young forwards in the 19s ready for a shot?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Feb 2019, 22:09

Sharlotiger wrote:
lurcher wrote:think it was said roberts and foster wre left out as a precaution due to the plastic pitch. wiould have played on normal grass
In Powells after match interview he said he didn't think anyone would be available to return to action by next week. have we any decent young forwards in the 19s ready for a shot?

Jaques O'Neil. Hooker / Loose Forward. 19th man against Hull and London so Powell must think he's not far off.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 24 Feb 2019, 22:26

Casmoley wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

Jaques O'Neil. Hooker / Loose Forward. 19th man against Hull and London so Powell must think he's not far off.
Says Roberts hamstring again in league express.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Feb 2019, 22:57

Watts
McShane
Millo
Jesse
Clarkson
Massey

Moors
Cook
Foster/Peachey/Storey
Egodo/Roberts

Backs stay the same. Still not a bad squad and enough to challenge KR.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Feb 2019, 00:34

I hope Benny is leaving is body to medical science, the poor lad limps from one injury to the next , I think he will be a lot better health wise when he returns back home

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 25 Feb 2019, 09:56

gateman wrote:I hope Benny is leaving is body to medical science, the poor lad limps from one injury to the next , I think he will be a lot better health wise when he returns back home
Cas will.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Feb 2019, 10:53

Are these injuries being proved & shown up on scans ? All of them ?
Audacter Et Sincere