Luke Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Luke Gale

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Jan 2019, 19:27

Just heard Luke might be fit by beginning of August great news if true.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Jan 2019, 20:21

would we be able to use him though? didnt warrington have to send someone out on loan (to wakey i think) under similar salary cap circumstances?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Jan 2019, 20:22

thedogvinnie wrote:would we be able to use him though? didnt warrington have to send someone out on loan (to wakey i think) under similar salary cap circumstances?

Only if we bring someone in, which at the mo we haven’t done.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Jan 2019, 20:42

old cas lass wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote:would we be able to use him though? didnt warrington have to send someone out on loan (to wakey i think) under similar salary cap circumstances?

Only if we bring someone in, which at the mo we haven’t done.
Maybe that’s why we haven’t if we are aiming to having him back for the business end?

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 16 Jan 2019, 21:16

What happens if this is wrong , we need to look at the bigger picture.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 16 Jan 2019, 22:35

For me I'd write him off the season bring him back slow and steady make sure every box is ticked with no corners cut and no rushing take him in to the 2020 season 100% fit and raring to go.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 16 Jan 2019, 22:38

betts21 wrote:For me I'd write him off the season bring him back slow and steady make sure every box is ticked with no corners cut and no rushing take him in to the 2020 season 100% fit and raring to go.
Look at him last season. Was nowhere near ready when we brought him back. Will be same surely here. Virtually 2 seasons out. 3 rehabs. No chance he will be anywhere near as effective as we will need bearing in mind what we saw last year.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 18 Jan 2019, 01:42

Juscas wrote:
flow wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:In order to put this to bed once and for all because I’m fed up of reading this and others being accused of being me, which is unfair on those people:

* I have one account - this one
* I am one person - I have my own opinions. I don’t ask for people to support them. Everyone is entitled to their own views as right or wrong as they may be viewed by others.
* I don’t need multiple accounts to validate my views. If I’m wrong, I’ll say it. I always post in a balanced view. I put myself in the view of the club and try to think of explanations for certain things. There’s always a reason. Just jumping to the most negative or scurrilous thing does not help anyone, nor does it give a great perception of the fan base. In my view our fanbase is life and soul of this club, and is a driving factor in what makes us attractive to players, sponsors and new fans alike.

* I stopped posting because I was dedicating too much time to individuals who only wanted to slag me off (to the point they only replied to my messages just to try and get a rise) and had no intent on debating without personal abuse or having a proper conversation. I’m saddened that this has continued as the above posts continue to show. I don’t have time for it all and would much rather dedicate my time to things that are worth it in my own personal life. A detox from the forum was long overdue. I know from personal experience that being in a negative environment too long can be damaging to health and make you miserable about the world.

* Finally, an additional reason I left was because my views were clearly divisive and I hoped that leaving would reduce some of the hate, spite and abuse back and forth. I hoped that everyone would get along.

I hope that clarifies everything. Best of luck to everyone, happy New Year and here’s to good health, happiness and a great season ahead for Cas.
Same here. I stopped posting when I started to drop to the level of the daftest contributors.
whats up Spanish did some one disagree with you as well thought off that on a forum some people have no respect
Flow now you have replied in what I presume is Spanish can we have it in English for the rest of us please.
Well from my extensive knowledge of both English and Spanish, I can only conclude that our good friend was speaking Gibberish.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Jan 2019, 10:42

Olé

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Jan 2019, 10:58

With Luke out we always have Benny, is about time he started to pay back the patience the club as shown to him

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Jan 2019, 13:25

I don't quite understand all this Benny bashing about his performances. His injury record isn't great and he's probably as frustrated as the fans, but go back and watch his performances in the league winning year, he was massive for us! He was sponsors MOM more times than not.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Jan 2019, 13:36

heritage1926 wrote:I don't quite understand all this Benny bashing about his performances. His injury record isn't great and he's probably as frustrated as the fans, but go back and watch his performances in the league winning year, he was massive for us! He was sponsors MOM more times than not.
Thats the frustrating thing with Benny. He can be fantastic, plus his defence on that right side for a half is also superb, but it's more about keeping him fit and on the park rather than sat in the stands. When fit he's a match winner

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 Jan 2019, 20:13

heritage1926 wrote:I don't quite understand all this Benny bashing about his performances. His injury record isn't great and he's probably as frustrated as the fans, but go back and watch his performances in the league winning year, he was massive for us! He was sponsors MOM more times than not.
He hit a purple patch that year mainly towards the back end and when he had no real responsibility and hardaker and gale were getting us all over the shop when ever we need him to really step up and lead he's been found lacking imo and I can't think of one game last year where I thought wow he's flying we tried him all over and he never settled anywhere capable of a cracking game but missing way too much for me. It's time to let Aston have a go imo he's 23 extremely eager had to do it the hard way in the friendlys he's played for us he's been pretty solid yeah he's not set the world alight at Sheffield but who has. Only one way to really see see what he's got and that give him a go.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 20 Jan 2019, 12:52

Roberts just doesn’t have the personality or confidence to take charge, he’s a follower not a leader.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Jan 2019, 00:08

we could use him vinnie mate, we would have to make room on the cap relevant to the percentage of his wage for how much of the season remained when he came back. if that makes sense.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Jan 2019, 18:28

not only us having bad luck kev brown to miss full season with similar training injury as gales

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 27 Jan 2019, 19:59

flow wrote:not only us having bad luck kev brown to miss full season with similar training injury as gales
Well, that puts the stop to any rumours about maybe looking at getting Dec Patton over here then, he'll be needed at Warrington. I'm guessing they should get the same cap dispensation given to us?

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 27 Jan 2019, 20:16

Let's be honest it's probably a blessing in disguise for Warrington browns time sailed years ago

CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CHTiger » 27 Jan 2019, 20:21

I rather have Dec Patton over Kevin Brown anyway

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Jan 2019, 20:31

betts21 wrote:Let's be honest it's probably a blessing in disguise for Warrington browns time sailed years ago
true don't know how he still got England call ups to be honest