Gales injury

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Gales injury

Post by lurcher » 13 Nov 2018, 12:38

flow wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
flow wrote:don't no if any truth in it but rumours going round were swapping gale for myler and some cash. probably a load off [REMOVED] but always some thing sets rumours going
If Leeds have no cash to spend heaven help the rest of the clubs.
Gone over budget on the ground massively. Insurance didn’t fully pay out to cover flood damage the other year.
rhinos have not paid a penny for ground improvement was business and council
according to the leeds rlfans board they will be paying off the loans at £500,000 a year for the next 34 years. and as some one said, by that time it will want updating again. thats if rugby league as a sport still exists. :(
jo brand is eddie warings love child

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Nov 2018, 13:50

flow wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Leeds also about to sign second marquee player, they can't be that skint.
Martin taupau I believe.[/quote

and we still sit on are ass dont sign anybody on when we need to improve. teams are going to start and pass us if we try and do it on the cheap. :roll: :roll:
Were not doing it on the cheap we have just decided to pay people stupid money and ran out it would seem and we haven't even used the marquee signings :roll:

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 13 Nov 2018, 15:34

flow wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
flow wrote:don't no if any truth in it but rumours going round were swapping gale for myler and some cash. probably a load off [REMOVED] but always some thing sets rumours going
If Leeds have no cash to spend heaven help the rest of the clubs.
Gone over budget on the ground massively. Insurance didn’t fully pay out to cover flood damage the other year.
rhinos have not paid a penny for ground improvement was business and council
Not a penny from council. The money is coming out of Leeds rugby. ECB gave some money for the corporate side as they use them too for internationals. GH is paying for the improvements so they won’t spend any transfer money

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 13 Nov 2018, 15:45

I got told they had taken a 40 year loan out to pay for knew stands .. so gone are the days of signing players who are big earners

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Nov 2018, 15:48

rubbish mate was funded by council and Yorkshire cricket business man so can hold world cup cricket and test matches in the city why would rhinos be bothered about cricket and you say no transfer money big announcement tomorrow rhinos two big signings ,

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Nov 2018, 16:41

Ladytiger wrote:I got told they had taken a 40 year loan out to pay for knew stands .. so gone are the days of signing players who are big earners
If they sign taupau which I still can't see he will be on massive money
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 13 Nov 2018, 17:08

flow wrote:rubbish mate was funded by council and Yorkshire cricket business man so can hold world cup cricket and test matches in the city why would rhinos be bothered about cricket and you say no transfer money big announcement tomorrow rhinos two big signings ,
I'm pretty sure that the north stand was paid for by Yorkshire cricket and council but he south stand isn't however I would have thought they would receive some money from cricket due to having to reduce the size of the north stand

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 13 Nov 2018, 17:29

flow wrote:rubbish mate was funded by council and Yorkshire cricket business man so can hold world cup cricket and test matches in the city why would rhinos be bothered about cricket and you say no transfer money big announcement tomorrow rhinos two big signings ,
Caddick and an other fronted the cash not paid for but council not after the fiasco they had with Elland Road. They are in talks over the west stand and asking for a grant from the council as they would have maintenance work to carry out on the foot path that runs behind it and same business man has started buying up the student housing behind the west stand already for when they do as rhinos will buy them off him as the housing prices are increasing.

Greyhound
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Greyhound » 13 Nov 2018, 17:33

IIRC Leeds Rugby wanted sell off spare land to a housing developer at weetwood (Tetley Field) and land at Tong to pay for the new stands, however they didnt get planning permission so it all fell through. A property developer/speculator bought the North stand off the rugby club and is leasing it to the council. The council as tenant is sub- letting it back to Leeds Rugby. All very complex/dodgy

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 13 Nov 2018, 19:09

Correct. Yorkshire and Leeds are leasing the North Stand and the new stand on the south side of the cricket ground. It belongs to a company in London. This information was given to Yorkshire cricket members before the stand was started.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 13 Nov 2018, 20:45

fords wrote:
flow wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Leeds also about to sign second marquee player, they can't be that skint.

and we still sit on are ass dont sign anybody on when we need to improve. teams are going to start and pass us if we try and do it on the cheap. :roll: :roll:
Were not doing it on the cheap we have just decided to pay people stupid money and ran out it would seem and we haven't even used the marquee signings :roll:
Since when did, a few tweaks to the squad and have little can space turn us having run out of money?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Nov 2018, 21:05

SREGITSAC wrote:
fords wrote:
flow wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Since when did, a few tweaks to the squad and have little can space turn us having run out of money?
Ran out of money on the cap I mean. Can't believe for the life of me DP is happy to go with what we have in 2019.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 13 Nov 2018, 22:52

fords wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
Ran out of money on the cap I mean. Can't believe for the life of me DP is happy to go with what we have in 2019.
But we haven’t ran out of money on the cap, it’s just limited. We shouldn’t be needing loads of cap space and new signings it’s about making the small tweaks that Powell deems a requirement to progress. A fit squad plus 1 or 2 more will go well. A fit squad without additions won’t struggle.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Nov 2018, 23:45

SREGITSAC wrote:
fords wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
But we haven’t ran out of money on the cap, it’s just limited. We shouldn’t be needing loads of cap space and new signings it’s about making the small tweaks that Powell deems a requirement to progress. A fit squad plus 1 or 2 more will go well. A fit squad without additions won’t struggle.
I strongly disagree a full fit squad with out any requirement true it wont struggle but that's not were we want to be just getting bye we want to be winning things we definitely need at least three new players you might be happy we mid table but need to build on last three years.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 13 Nov 2018, 23:55

Look at leeds a few years ago when all their top players left/retired.they tried to go with what they had and put the kids in and didnt really replace people and look where that got them....in the bottom 8s fighting to get back into the top flight.look at them now signing BIG names not making the same mistake again.i belive that we could go the same way as leeds did this year and find ourselfs behind the rest of the field in terms of quality of players coming in and strengthening our sqaud to replace the players whos left.for me you carnt have 5 players leave and not have 1 come in to replace them...as of now we havnt signed anyone yet for next year.hope this changes to put abit of faith back into the club for signing quality players like we did watts and Peter mid season

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 14 Nov 2018, 03:37

Bolton-tiger wrote:Look at leeds a few years ago when all their top players left/retired.they tried to go with what they had and put the kids in and didnt really replace people and look where that got them....in the bottom 8s fighting to get back into the top flight.look at them now signing BIG names not making the same mistake again.i belive that we could go the same way as leeds did this year and find ourselfs behind the rest of the field in terms of quality of players coming in and strengthening our sqaud to replace the players whos left.for me you carnt have 5 players leave and not have 1 come in to replace them...as of now we havnt signed anyone yet for next year.hope this changes to put abit of faith back into the club for signing quality players like we did watts and Peter mid season
So the 5 players that left are of the same ilk for us as the players that Leeds without any experience to compete at the level they had been?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Nov 2018, 10:23

SREGITSAC wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Look at leeds a few years ago when all their top players left/retired.they tried to go with what they had and put the kids in and didnt really replace people and look where that got them....in the bottom 8s fighting to get back into the top flight.look at them now signing BIG names not making the same mistake again.i belive that we could go the same way as leeds did this year and find ourselfs behind the rest of the field in terms of quality of players coming in and strengthening our sqaud to replace the players whos left.for me you carnt have 5 players leave and not have 1 come in to replace them...as of now we havnt signed anyone yet for next year.hope this changes to put abit of faith back into the club for signing quality players like we did watts and Peter mid season
So the 5 players that left are of the same ilk for us as the players that Leeds without any experience to compete at the level they had been?
you seem very happy with squad we have hope powell and people with purse strings don't have your view you will get your wish a nice safe mid table .

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Nov 2018, 11:17

SREGITSAC wrote:
fords wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
Limited been the issue in that we cant bring the quality in to take us to the next level to win one of the big ones. The current squad hasn't managed to do it in last 2 years so we obviously need something extra.

But yes if we stay as we are then mid table and safe will be where we finish. I want us to win something and no doubt DP and the rest of the staff will do too.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Nov 2018, 11:33

I can’t believe the nature of what I’m reading,

We absolutely need to strengthen the squad, at LEAST one world class player or 3 very good ones to challenge,
Defo think we’re going to go backwards next year in terms of league performance. I’ll wager a bet with anyone wishing to disagree (if we don’t strengthen)

As for inflated contacts, they’re easy to sort. You offload the player to a team needing to strengthen desperately.

I wouldn’t be sad to see MM leave for a decent fee and a chunk of cap space free for example.
Audacter Et Sincere

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 14 Nov 2018, 21:20

fords wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
fords wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
Limited been the issue in that we cant bring the quality in to take us to the next level to win one of the big ones. The current squad hasn't managed to do it in last 2 years so we obviously need something extra.

But yes if we stay as we are then mid table and safe will be where we finish. I want us to win something and no doubt DP and the rest of the staff will do too.
People said same about mid table last year, I’m more optimistic than that, but doesn’t mean I don’t think we do need those tweaks to win something big.

Let’s hope that “limited” means they can bring in at least one decent back....