Next Year's Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 2175
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by TT Tiger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:17 am

I would go

Mata’utia
Minikin
Foster(destroyed Leeds when he played there)
Shenton
Eden

Then turner can cover fb so Mata’uia can cover centre and Clare can cover wing and egodo can cover wing centre as can Gill

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 16504
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by old cas lass » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 am

Looks like sau is a no go.
Just put on Instagram he’s on his way home for pre season and can’t wait to rip in with his Salford brothers

Tigerman2014
Dean Widders
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:31 pm

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by Tigerman2014 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:23 am

Hmmmm

Fumper27
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4892
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by Fumper27 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:28 am

old cas lass wrote:Looks like sau is a no go.
Just put on Instagram he’s on his way home for pre season and can’t wait to rip in with his Salford brothers
Was it ever a go???

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 16504
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by old cas lass » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 am

Fumper27 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Looks like sau is a no go.
Just put on Instagram he’s on his way home for pre season and can’t wait to rip in with his Salford brothers
Was it ever a go???
Imo nah.
Not to fussed tbh.
Don’t like his hair for starters :D

User avatar
Flat Capper
Alan Hardisty
Posts: 14377
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:10 am
Location: Where ever I lay my fat

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by Flat Capper » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Well, after 22 pages of forum speculation we do not appear to be any clearer to signing any new players and for me that is a worry.

I know we have the basis of a good squad but if you stand still in any sport you end up going backwards. A prime example of this are Spurs in football. They had a reasonable season last time out but have made no signings and for me, do not appear to be as competitive this season. They are still a reasonably good side but I doubt they'll repeat last season's 'success'.
Image
Spreading the Cas gene pool

heritage1926
Danny Orr
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by heritage1926 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:47 pm

I look at Saints and I'm very fearful for next season.

They've managed to replace Barba with Coote. They've Wes Naiqama who's an exciting player. Then you look at the progress that Makinson and Thompson have made, 2 massive players for England, as well as Percival who for me, was the best centre in the league last year, no doubt about it. They've also got Walmsley to come back in fit and fresh. They'll be a scary proposition next season and certainly aren't messing around.

Mysterio
Luke Gale
Posts: 3824
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by Mysterio » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:01 pm

heritage1926 wrote:I look at Saints and I'm very fearful for next season.

They've managed to replace Barba with Coote. They've Wes Naiqama who's an exciting player. Then you look at the progress that Makinson and Thompson have made, 2 massive players for England, as well as Percival who for me, was the best centre in the league last year, no doubt about it. They've also got Walmsley to come back in fit and fresh. They'll be a scary proposition next season and certainly aren't messing around.
Exactly.
Perhaps HT can tell us why she thinks we can’t do similar. Would be interested to read actually.
Audacter Et Sincere

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5365
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by mart0042 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Fumper27 wrote:
fords wrote:
jackknife wrote:So if we start the season with

Peanut
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden

That to me is fine but if any get injured we're a very weakened side imo
Holy sh*t i'm so glad your not in charge of recruitment ](*,) . That's prob about 7th best in SL next year

Leeds
Wigan
Wire
Wakey
Saints
Huddersfield

All have better.
Hull also have a better back line the. That lists in Faraimo, Tuimivave, Griffin :shock: and Talanoa
That's the back line that hit thumped by lots each week. You need forwards and half backs as well.

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5365
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by mart0042 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:27 pm

I can see lots of people are worried and fearful. Come on let's get some reality here.

We are waiting for the player merry go round to start. Only a few teams have space on the cap or willing to spend. So you have to wait until they spend before getting space on your own cap.

Ultimately we have a right set of forwards and half backs.

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7448
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by tigerfeat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Oh please don't start with the no space on the salary cap bunkem we almost signed sau obviously we got space and obviously we feel we need a centre
We appear to have taken the position oh well If we don't sign anybody foster will play there prity poor by cas but the speccies will take it on the chin seen it all before
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Kenilworth Tiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1498
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:56 pm
Location: Hook, Hampshire (No longer Kenilworth!)

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:56 pm

tigerfeat wrote:Oh please don't start with the no space on the salary cap bunkem we almost signed sau obviously we got space and obviously we feel we need a centre
We appear to have taken the position oh well If we don't sign anybody foster will play there prity poor by cas but the speccies will take it on the chin seen it all before
How do you know we nearly signed Sau
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me
Image

User avatar
the machine
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9705
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by the machine » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:05 pm

tigerfeat wrote:Oh please don't start with the no space on the salary cap bunkem we almost signed sau obviously we got space and obviously we feel we need a centre
We appear to have taken the position oh well If we don't sign anybody foster will play there prity poor by cas but the speccies will take it on the chin seen it all before
Powell has said Minikin is centre, the fans are saying foster
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7448
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by tigerfeat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Oh please don't start with the no space on the salary cap bunkem we almost signed sau obviously we got space and obviously we feel we need a centre
We appear to have taken the position oh well If we don't sign anybody foster will play there prity poor by cas but the speccies will take it on the chin seen it all before
How do you know we nearly signed Sau
ok rumored to have tryd to sign him,even if that was bogus information you have to believe we have salary cap space left every team tries to upgrade for next season a combo of clare-minikin would be one of the weakest in the league in my honest opinion
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7448
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by tigerfeat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:57 pm

mart0042 wrote:I can see lots of people are worried and fearful. Come on let's get some reality here.

We are waiting for the player merry go round to start. Only a few teams have space on the cap or willing to spend. So you have to wait until they spend before getting space on your own cap.

Ultimately we have a right set of forwards and half backs.
the forwards were not good enough to win a grand final for the last two years some of them need to step up a lot if we want to win a grand final next year i would have been looking to make a upgrade in the forwards but there seems little chance of that
it depends what you want to settle for... with powell in charge i think we will be in the top five next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Post Reply