Next Year's Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by flow » 20 Nov 2018, 19:54

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:This is the squad that beat St Helens in the Semi Final in 2017

Hardaker; Minikin, Webster, Shenton, Eden; Roberts, Gale; Massey, McShane, Sene-Lefao, Foster, McMeeken, Milner.
Subs - Millington, Moors, Cook, Springer

We have lost Hardaker, Webster and Springer from that squad and added Watts and Matautia so I would say we are only 1 player worse off and that's Webster.

Wells has stated that we are pushing for 1 more signing - if that is a centre I'd say we're in pretty good shape if you add Truman, Holmes and Clark to that squad also
I think your underestimating. How good hardarker was that year shenton not same player mckeenen shadow off player webster gone minikin injury prone dont get your point

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Nov 2018, 08:54

braytontiger wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Good enough for what? Other than Webster its the same pool of players that finished 4th this year. Again just my opinion but we are 1 player short either a winger or centre but if the right player isn't available for whatever reason what do you do. I still feel our biggest problem last year other than no full back was poor fitness brought on by a shocking pre season which has been addressed with a new conditioner. Our squad is good enough,our coaching staff is good enough have some faith.

Finished 4th? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Yep in terms of money 4th.

Wigan
Warrington
Saints
Cas ;) ;)[/quote]

dont follow this one at all ?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Nov 2018, 08:56

braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:I believe it was Winston Churchill who said something along the lines of, you have to look at history to prevent repeating the same mistakes.

Time and time again in our past we have failed to improve and strengthen squads, only to drop like a stone. It doesn't take a genius to work out the likely outcome of repeating the tact.
Great post the people who think squad is good enough are in cuckoo land dont matter how deep your squad if no Quality like when we never replaced Blackmore Kemp ellis ended in relegation with signing lower league players .rather have 16quality then a pool off thirty with 70% only good enough for lower league
Good enough for what? Other than Webster its the same pool of players that finished 4th this year. Again just my opinion but we are 1 player short either a winger or centre but if the right player isn't available for whatever reason what do you do. I still feel our biggest problem last year other than no full back was poor fitness brought on by a shocking pre season which has been addressed with a new conditioner. Our squad is good enough,our coaching staff is good enough have some faith.
Shocking pre season, enlighten us - what does that mean ?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Nov 2018, 08:59

New conditioner going to be answer to everything be looks ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 21 Nov 2018, 09:39

tigerfeat wrote:New conditioner going to be answer to everything be looks ...
Might be for Luke Gale

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Nov 2018, 09:43

fords wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:I believe it was Winston Churchill who said something along the lines of, you have to look at history to prevent repeating the same mistakes.

Time and time again in our past we have failed to improve and strengthen squads, only to drop like a stone. It doesn't take a genius to work out the likely outcome of repeating the tact.
Great post the people who think squad is good enough are in cuckoo land dont matter how deep your squad if no Quality like when we never replaced Blackmore Kemp ellis ended in relegation with signing lower league players .rather have 16quality then a pool off thirty with 70% only good enough for lower league
Good enough for what? Other than Webster its the same pool of players that finished 4th this year. Again just my opinion but we are 1 player short either a winger or centre but if the right player isn't available for whatever reason what do you do. I still feel our biggest problem last year other than no full back was poor fitness brought on by a shocking pre season which has been addressed with a new conditioner. Our squad is good enough,our coaching staff is good enough have some faith.
Half the squad never had a pre season due to the world cup,coaches and medical team were also in Australia.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Nov 2018, 09:47

I don't know what work the other chap who left did or what work the new guy will do put poor show if the guy who left is coping the blame year we got to grand final we went through season relatively putting the same team out most weeks
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Nov 2018, 09:53

braytontiger wrote:
fords wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:

Good enough for what? Other than Webster its the same pool of players that finished 4th this year. Again just my opinion but we are 1 player short either a winger or centre but if the right player isn't available for whatever reason what do you do. I still feel our biggest problem last year other than no full back was poor fitness brought on by a shocking pre season which has been addressed with a new conditioner. Our squad is good enough,our coaching staff is good enough have some faith.[/quot
Half the squad never had a pre season due to the world cup,coaches and medical team were also in Australia.
I still don't get how you can be happy we present squad specially back line with out any signings we got nil last two games and dint look like scoring passing it one side to other we out going any were.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Nov 2018, 10:35

braytontiger wrote:
fords wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:

Not like we were the only team in SL to have players at the World Cup though was it.

Not sure what your expecting we finished 3rd after the regular season i'm sure the player were fit by the end of Sept or are you blaming all the injuries on having no pre-season ?

If so they only difference would have been we may have finished top not 3rd, still wouldn't have won the GF either way

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Nov 2018, 11:39

Time and time again in our past we have failed to improve and strengthen squads, only to drop like a stone. It doesn't take a genius to work out the likely outcome of repeating the tact.[/quote]
Great post the people who think squad is good enough are in cuckoo land dont matter how deep your squad if no Quality like when we never replaced Blackmore Kemp ellis ended in relegation with signing lower league players .rather have 16quality then a pool off thirty with 70% only good enough for lower league[/quote]

Good enough for what? Other than Webster its the same pool of players that finished 4th this year. Again just my opinion but we are 1 player short either a winger or centre but if the right player isn't available for whatever reason what do you do. I still feel our biggest problem last year other than no full back was poor fitness brought on by a shocking pre season which has been addressed with a new conditioner. Our squad is good enough,our coaching staff is good enough have some faith.[/quote]

Shocking pre season, enlighten us - what does that mean ?[/quote]
Half the squad never had a pre season due to the world cup,coaches and medical team were also in Australia.[/quote]

Not like we were the only team in SL to have players at the World Cup though was it.

Not sure what your expecting we finished 3rd after the regular season i'm sure the player were fit by the end of Sept or are you blaming all the injuries on having no pre-season ?

If so they only difference would have been we may have finished top not 3rd, still wouldn't have won the GF either way[/quote]

Ask yourself this. How many of our 2018 squad looked as fit,fast,sharp,strong as they were in 2017. Imo only macca and he walked away with the player of the year by a country mile. Now teams/players don't become bad overnight that is why I believe that if we can get back into the same or better condition than we were in 2017 we can be confident of going well. We even got Zak hardaker into a shape and saw his game rise to a different level. Its very easy to take your eye off the ball in any walk of life and become complacent,maybe we did I don't know and I wouldn't blame anyone if we had as it happens over a period of time and it cannot always be seen until its too late.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Nov 2018, 11:54

If you want to be a top sports team you should never take your eye off the ball.
If that’s the case reguarding last seasons performances, and let’s be honest some of our performances were average at least, then who is to blame why did we became complacent.
Personally I think a lot of our problems were between the ears.
Players thinking how we gonna replicate the 2017, pressure got to some, not all.
Some players thinking there are better than they are.
Hopefully the 2017 season as been left behind and the players get back to the wonderful free flowing rugby we know they can do.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Nov 2018, 12:47

old cas lass wrote:If you want to be a top sports team you should never take your eye off the ball.
If that’s the case reguarding last seasons performances, and let’s be honest some of our performances were average at least, then who is to blame why did we became complacent.
Personally I think a lot of our problems were between the ears.
Players thinking how we gonna replicate the 2017, pressure got to some, not all.
Some players thinking there are better than they are.
Hopefully the 2017 season as been left behind and the players get back to the wonderful free flowing rugby we know they can do.
Although I agree we need to be mentally tougher I believe getting back to the 2017 standards is exactly what we should be striving for,I can give you loads of examples of teams dropping from there peak to not been great the following year but then coming good again that's what makes sport so unpredictable. Understandingly you have to change what your doing and freshen things up or jobs and that's what it is for players becomes boring and tedious but you also have to stick at what works.

I wouldn't be quick to write us off as some are doing here's hoping for a great 2019

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Nov 2018, 13:12

weve spent all or nearly all of the salary cap on this squad so they have to deliver ...with a couple of players out a couple new in i could put down a cas team id back to beat anybody next season at the same time there are with out doubt some question marks against the squad now,thats why people love sport see which way it goes and if we can be top dogs by the end of next season
Vince Lombardi

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 21 Nov 2018, 14:05

I wouldn't be quick to write us off as some are doing here's hoping for a great 2019[/quote]

Brayton Tiger, we have got used to Forum scribes readily writing our team off season after season. I am pleased that we can be seen now, as a team that deserve to be in the mix at the end of season chase for honours, let's embrace where we have come from, and where we are now. Like you hoping for a great 2019.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 21 Nov 2018, 18:30

TT Tiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:New conditioner going to be answer to everything be looks ...
Might be for Luke Gale
:lol:

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 21 Nov 2018, 18:40

You wouldn't write us off completely but would be very surprised if we got close to winning league or even got to GF for that matter. Would be huge for a club of our stature and without improving I can't see it.
The league is not a strong one tbf and so we should do ok but we looked well short last year when it really counted.
Injuries hampered us fair enough. But still we need to build on the squad.
The squad is another year older so saying we have 15 players from the Saints semi is a bit of a fallacy.
Will Millo, Shenny, dare I say it, even Moors be as effective?
If we go with what we got, winning silverware will be tougher than it was before.
Happy to be proved wrong. At the very least a good quality centre and a decent front rower needed imo.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Nov 2018, 12:40

https://twitter.com/greg_minikin/status ... 88320?s=19

Analyzing training and game footage. Look at the two players who are there together. Is this the new wing and centre partnership on our right edge?
🐯 COYF!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Nov 2018, 14:04

Nobody wrote:https://twitter.com/greg_minikin/status ... 88320?s=19

Analyzing training and game footage. Look at the two players who are there together. Is this the new wing and centre partnership on our right edge?
Greg Minikin and ???? Who is the other kid??? Is it James Clare???

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Nov 2018, 14:25

Fumper27 wrote:
Nobody wrote:https://twitter.com/greg_minikin/status ... 88320?s=19

Greg Minikin and ???? Who is the other kid??? Is it James Clare???
Thought it was but after closer inspection it isn't. :oops:
🐯 COYF!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Nov 2018, 15:30

The 1st pic is Minikin Sheridan n Dp, the 2nd pic is Clare Minikin Dp n milner dont think u can say because there in a picture together there wing n centre partner although i do think Minikin n Clare (sorry flow) will be on right with Shenny n Eden on left
CLASSY CAS FOREVER