Next Year's Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by Casmoley » 15 Nov 2018, 21:57

John wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
gateman wrote:last year we had a very bad run of injuries and still managed a top four finish, we have lost one great servant in big Jake and he will take some replacing, if DP could use a magic wand to find a ready made top class centre I am sure he would do, does any one know a top class centre that a club wants to get rid of at the present time as I certainly don't
Just off the top of my head centres -wingman signed so far by other super league clubs kevin naqauima konrad hurill Ken sio acquilla uate kane linett I'm sure there's a couple more as well
Jake Mamo
Mamo gone to Warrington

he's literally just replied to the post with who has been missed.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 15 Nov 2018, 22:02

Winger from Warrington I reckon.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Nov 2018, 23:14

Casmoley wrote:
John wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
gateman wrote:last year we had a very bad run of injuries and still managed a top four finish, we have lost one great servant in big Jake and he will take some replacing, if DP could use a magic wand to find a ready made top class centre I am sure he would do, does any one know a top class centre that a club wants to get rid of at the present time as I certainly don't
Just off the top of my head centres -wingman signed so far by other super league clubs kevin naqauima konrad hurill Ken sio acquilla uate kane linett I'm sure there's a couple more as well
Jake Mamo
Mamo gone to Warrington

he's literally just replied to the post with who has been missed.
Cheers moley

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 16 Nov 2018, 00:39

Jake Mamo[/quote]
Mamo gone to Warrington[/quote]

he's literally just replied to the post with who has been missed.[/quote]
Cheers moley[/quote]
My error sorry

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Nov 2018, 09:24

Anyone have a list of OOC centres in the SL and NRL?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Nov 2018, 09:32

Your not going to get a good centre without paying him good money you could have a list as long as you like but if you can't pay them the going rate it means sod all
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 16 Nov 2018, 16:04

Interesting read on total rugby showing each clubs players in players out.. we are the only club not to have brought anyone in.. we’ve known for ages jake was leaving and how long can shenton perform at the highest level where is our forward planning.. I just hope a similar situation is not going to happen regarding centre/wing spot like we had with fullback trying out ever playing we had at the club instead of buying.. it took us most of last season to find a fullback and I appreciate top class players at the right price are hard to come by but how come everyone else finds them.. come on cas we need to buy if we are to compete with the top teams don’t let’s rest on our laurels we have nucleas of a great team but we need to tweak it surely each season

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Nov 2018, 16:28

I often think back to just how luck we were that Watts and Mata'tiua became available in the first place. Otherwise last season could of been a whole lot different. Trueman would of still probably been playing FB and we'd certainly now be in the position of needing both a fullback and centre!

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 16 Nov 2018, 17:46

We signed matautia with about 6 weeks to go before the end of this season. And watts part way through the season. If we hadnt but signed them both now for 2019 wed all be sayinh wow, great signings. Expecting great things from PM after a full pre season with us. Watts will just get better and better if he listens to what the coach is saying. Theres a lions tour supposedly end of next year, that must be his motivation!

All those saying that foster was excellent in centre last year can i ask when? He had a good game against leeds and held his own on another occasion and was a good stand in due to injuries but hes an out and out back rower for me who could do a short term job at centre if needed, hes a good player! And it's only because of our strength in the back row that we think foster for centre. The question is do we try and offload a back rower to bring in a centre? But as has been said previously who is there to bring in thats available at the right quality? Maybe minikin is the answer but we wont find out until we try him in a number of games
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Boothinho
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Boothinho » 16 Nov 2018, 22:41

Show Me The Money on twitter earlier saying a deal was about to be done, someone replied Wardle to Salford, Sau to Cas, which he retweeted. Granted, not cast in stone but wouldn't be a bad move for either side at this stage, probably no difference on the cap, and we've loads of 2nd rowers

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Nov 2018, 01:08

SWISS TONY!! wrote:We signed matautia with about 6 weeks to go before the end of this season. And watts part way through the season. If we hadnt but signed them both now for 2019 wed all be sayinh wow, great signings. Expecting great things from PM after a full pre season with us. Watts will just get better and better if he listens to what the coach is saying. Theres a lions tour supposedly end of next year, that must be his motivation!

All those saying that foster was excellent in centre last year can i ask when? He had a good game against leeds and held his own on another occasion and was a good stand in due to injuries but hes an out and out back rower for me who could do a short term job at centre if needed, hes a good player! And it's only because of our strength in the back row that we think foster for centre. The question is do we try and offload a back rower to bring in a centre? But as has been said previously who is there to bring in thats available at the right quality? Maybe minikin is the answer but we wont find out until we try him in a number of games
for me a great post i think you have spelled it out right well done mate

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Nov 2018, 01:11

SWISS TONY!! wrote:We signed matautia with about 6 weeks to go before the end of this season. And watts part way through the season. If we hadnt but signed them both now for 2019 wed all be sayinh wow, great signings. Expecting great things from PM after a full pre season with us. Watts will just get better and better if he listens to what the coach is saying. Theres a lions tour supposedly end of next year, that must be his motivation!

Foster had a cracking game away at HKR at center.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Nov 2018, 09:07

Boothinho wrote:Show Me The Money on twitter earlier saying a deal was about to be done, someone replied Wardle to Salford, Sau to Cas, which he retweeted. Granted, not cast in stone but wouldn't be a bad move for either side at this stage, probably no difference on the cap, and we've loads of 2nd rowers
Regardless of whether Wardle has hit his capabilities last season, swapping a 27 year old who can play both in the forwards and centres, for a 32 year old with possibly 2 years left in him, isn’t smart business. Especially when Sau would probably be on a bigger wage.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Nov 2018, 09:42

Boothinho wrote:Show Me The Money on twitter earlier saying a deal was about to be done, someone replied Wardle to Salford, Sau to Cas, which he retweeted. Granted, not cast in stone but wouldn't be a bad move for either side at this stage, probably no difference on the cap, and we've loads of 2nd rowers
Wardle clearly one we've being trying to get rid of to make room for a incoming id be happy to see him go
Interesting thing if it's true will be wether it's a three year deal or two year one for sau
Are starting 17 will look lot stronger with sau in over Wardle
Vince Lombardi

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 17 Nov 2018, 10:18

heritage1926 wrote:
Regardless of whether Wardle has hit his capabilities last season, swapping a 27 year old who can play both in the forwards and centres, for a 32 year old with possibly 2 years left in him, isn’t smart business. Especially when Sau would probably be on a bigger wage.

it's smart If we recognise we need a out and out centre. It's smart if Wardle has had a fall out with Powell and isn't popular amongst the squad.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Nov 2018, 10:24

Casmoley wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:

it's smart If we recognise we need a out and out centre. It's smart if Wardle has had a fall out with Powell and isn't popular amongst the squad.
But who say's that he's unpopular?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Nov 2018, 10:29

I couldn't care less wether he's popular or not he was bang average last year we've got a surplus of back rowers and a shortage of centres so hope it's true
Vince Lombardi

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 18 Nov 2018, 15:03

Newcastle Knights pair Brock Lamb and Pat Mata’utai could be set for moves to Super League, after both players were given official farewells at the club’s presentation night.

Despite making over 40 appearances between them in the past two years, neither player has been able to nail down a regular spot in the Knights’ side and have been deemed as surplus to requirements ahead of next season.

Samoan international Mata’utai, on the other hand, could be set for a reunion with brother Peter at Castleford.

Could this be part of our waiting game for recruitment for 2019

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 18 Nov 2018, 15:47

the happy hooker9 wrote:Newcastle Knights pair Brock Lamb and Pat Mata’utai could be set for moves to Super League, after both players were given official farewells at the club’s presentation night.

Despite making over 40 appearances between them in the past two years, neither player has been able to nail down a regular spot in the Knights’ side and have been deemed as surplus to requirements ahead of next season.

Samoan international Mata’utai, on the other hand, could be set for a reunion with brother Peter at Castleford.

Bloomin hope so :pray:
Could this be part of our waiting game for recruitment for 2019

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 Nov 2018, 15:56

I hope we get pat
CLASSY CAS FOREVER