Business End Of Season Observations

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Business End Of Season Observations

Post by corvusxiii » 16 Sep 2018, 00:42

I too am worried by loose passes not just in pressured situations but those from seemingly straight forward plays. Pies at at Cas would be interesting but at the PieDome with compulsory nothing penalties at the ptb just kills the game.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Business End Of Season Observations

Post by Hepworth7 » 16 Sep 2018, 14:16

Interesting take on things, the squad does seem to be coming together at the right time,our attacking kicking game is for me the best in SL,offensively it seems to be heading in the right direction but defensively we haven't faced a quality attack in the last four games, Wigan and Saints would be a different prospect so the focus and intensity needs to be ramped up a level. Gales organisational abilities are key for me in this. Kick defence is a worry but that would probably apply to any team top four or otherwise given the number of tries from kicks. Handling errors are a double edged thing,can accept them if we're playing expensively and looking for something special in a tight game but there have been too many basic errors when we should have just been looking at field position or completing the set. For all I'm still a Shenton fan he's been responsible for more than his fair share. Silly penalties? Watts can be a hot head,but clearly his game would suffer if you took out the niggle and aggression, whereas Milner has conceded three pointless penalties by coming in late to an already completed tackle,but I still wouldn't swap him. Completely agree that for all his undoubted talents Truman does lack pace,a yard of which would elevate him from a promising half to a great one,can't actually remember a world class half who hasn't had it. For me loads of positives still,yup there are negatives but not insurmountable ones and at least we'll be going into any semi in decent form and competitive squad.