Benny roberts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Benny roberts

Post by Tigersbarmy » 20 Aug 2018, 15:26

Benny posting on his twitter he was back training today

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Benny roberts

Post by lurcher » 20 Aug 2018, 15:54

hope he's tweeting the same tomorrow.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Aug 2018, 16:25

lurcher wrote:hope he's tweeting the same tomorrow.
love it

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Aug 2018, 16:38

what's the odds the unlucky sod trips over his boot lace

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 20 Aug 2018, 19:28

What to be a plumber?

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 20 Aug 2018, 19:48

He put a video on his Instagram of him pushing his little one in a toy car. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets whiplash.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Aug 2018, 20:17

Tigersbarmy wrote:Benny posting on his twitter he was back training today
and tomorrows post will be he's back on the treatment table

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 20 Aug 2018, 21:31

No one will be more disappointed with the lack of game time this year than benny himself. You’ve got to feel for the lad in my opinion; being told a few weeks before a ball is kicked that your whole physique & conditioning has to change at short notice to play an unfamiliar position at his age will have taken some doing. Is it any wonder then that he went on to experience injury problems?
I called it after the first game; he was hung out to dry by the club’s lack of activity in securing a fullback. It had the feeling at the time that DP was showing the BoD how ridiculous the situation was & benny is the one who ended up paying for it. For those unsure on bennys impact, try watching highlights from 2017 as a starting point, he practically carried our attack for large parts of the season.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 20 Aug 2018, 21:36

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:No one will be more disappointed with the lack of game time this year than benny himself. You’ve got to feel for the lad in my opinion; being told a few weeks before a ball is kicked that your whole physique & conditioning has to change at short notice to play an unfamiliar position at his age will have taken some doing. Is it any wonder then that he went on to experience injury problems?
I called it after the first game; he was hung out to dry by the club’s lack of activity in securing a fullback. It had the feeling at the time that DP was showing the BoD how ridiculous the situation was & benny is the one who ended up paying for it. For those unsure on bennys impact, try watching highlights from 2017 as a starting point, he practically carried our attack for large parts of the season.
You can't blame his injury problems on a change of position. He has missed 50% of the games since joining Cas.

Yes at his best he is such a talent but he misses too much game time to make that talent worth keeping.

I also hope he returns this year and proves me wrong and wins us a GF. I just feel like I have give in on him now and rather play with PM at full back and Gale and Trueman in the halves.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2018, 22:04

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:No one will be more disappointed with the lack of game time this year than benny himself. You’ve got to feel for the lad in my opinion; being told a few weeks before a ball is kicked that your whole physique & conditioning has to change at short notice to play an unfamiliar position at his age will have taken some doing. Is it any wonder then that he went on to experience injury problems?
I agree it was a ludicrous decision to select Roberts as the new full - back I just put it down to a error of judgment I can't have Powell doing it just to say ok you got rid of zak see how you like Roberts as are full-back
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Aug 2018, 22:15

Best of lucky Benny in return. Hope there’s light at the end of the tunnel for you now, on behalf of the fans who want to show empathy than needlessly mocking you and see you back on the field ASAP to help us to Grand Final glory.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Aug 2018, 01:05

HuddsTigers wrote:Best of lucky Benny in return. Hope there’s light at the end of the tunnel for you now, on behalf of the fans who want to show empathy than needlessly mocking you and see you back on the field ASAP to help us to Grand Final glory.
Agreed

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 21 Aug 2018, 04:42

Swagger wrote:
You can't blame his injury problems on a change of position. He has missed 50% of the games since joining Cas.

Yes at his best he is such a talent but he misses too much game time to make that talent worth keeping.

I also hope he returns this year and proves me wrong and wins us a GF. I just feel like I have give in on him now and rather play with PM at full back and Gale and Trueman in the halves.
Prior to this season of bad luck the reason he missed games previously was predominantly down to a bad injury on his foot that took several surgeries to find resolution, a similar injury to the one that Foster now has...are we gonna start bagging him for needing surgery and time out to recover?

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 21 Aug 2018, 07:14

HuddsTigers wrote:Best of lucky Benny in return. Hope there’s light at the end of the tunnel for you now, on behalf of the fans who want to show empathy than needlessly mocking you and see you back on the field ASAP to help us to Grand Final glory.
here here.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Aug 2018, 07:27

SREGITSAC wrote:
Swagger wrote:

Prior to this season of bad luck the reason he missed games previously was predominantly down to a bad injury on his foot that took several surgeries to find resolution, a similar injury to the one that Foster now has...are we gonna start bagging him for needing surgery and time out to recover?
If Foster starts to miss 50% of the games over the next couple of seasons then of course he was start to be classed as injury prone and won't be worth a new deal. Just like Roberts ain't.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Aug 2018, 07:29

It's not needlessly mocking him at all. It's looking at the facts. He's earning a very good wage for not playing. RL is a business and he is giving us nothing while taking money. It's not good for the club where the money could be going elsewhere.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 21 Aug 2018, 08:18

Swagger wrote:
It's not needlessly mocking him at all. It's looking at the facts. He's earning a very good wage for not playing. RL is a business and he is giving us nothing while taking money. It's not good for the club where the money could be going elsewhere.
Good businesses support their employees through illness and injury, they don’t try to break their contracts

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Aug 2018, 11:45

Who has said to break his contract? All I've said is we shouldn't think about renewing it. He's missed too much game time to earn a new deal where his wage could go elsewhere.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 21 Aug 2018, 14:00

Swagger wrote:Who has said to break his contract? All I've said is we shouldn't think about renewing it. He's missed too much game time to earn a new deal where his wage could go elsewhere.
Many people are suggesting that we “get rid” of him ahead of next year. I don’t think anyone would be thinking about renewing at the end of next year based on current circumstances.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Aug 2018, 14:11

SREGITSAC wrote:
Swagger wrote:Who has said to break his contract? All I've said is we shouldn't think about renewing it. He's missed too much game time to earn a new deal where his wage could go elsewhere.
Many people are suggesting that we “get rid” of him ahead of next year. I don’t think anyone would be thinking about renewing at the end of next year based on current circumstances.
By get rid I don't think they mean terminate his contract. I think they mean offer him out to teams. See if anyone bites to open up a quota and salary spot.