Reiss butterworth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
steadygetyerboots-on
Junior Moors

Re: Reiss butterworth

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:28 am

Weareone wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
Weareone wrote:Dont know why people would be suprised oneil spent 4 years at cas playing some great rugby but yet again DP would rather bring outsiders in no wonder we are the worse club for producing talant a great talant lost yet again
Just out of interest; can you tell me how many of these junior players thrown on the scrap heap by DP are now forging successful SL careers elsewhere?
Quite a few its like douglas and gill feel sorry for the lads
I understand the sentimental attachment to local/academy lads, but if they’re good enough, they’ll make it.
I still can’t think of any of the names of the “quite a few” that are regularly playing SL though?!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:49 am

I always thought oneill had a good chance of making it when I've seen him , with our ex under 19s coach at wire the rumour about him being part of a deal to get lineham might have some legs
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
Michael Eagar

Post by Mysterio » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:09 am

Wire are building. They are unlikely to let Lineham leave!?
Leeds need a hooker however....
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Interesting that Luke Million didn't get picked up after leaving Cas last season.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Post by lurcher » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:33 pm

tigerfeat wrote:I always thought oneill had a good chance of making it when I've seen him , with our ex under 19s coach at wire the rumour about him being part of a deal to get lineham might have some legs
maybe riding is taking callum turner. ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Nobody
Junior Moors

Post by Nobody » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:36 pm

It was inevitable that when our head of youth left for one of the richest clubs in the super league, that they would cherry pick out best talent and no way will CAS match any wages that wire will offer.

Fumper27
Brad Davis

Post by Fumper27 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Nobody wrote:It was inevitable that when our head of youth left for one of the richest clubs in the super league, that they would cherry pick out best talent and no way will CAS match any wages that wire will offer.
In a salary capped sport that will only harm Wire in the long run.

Nobody
Junior Moors

Post by Nobody » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Wire can afford 2 marquee signings which I believe are not included in the cap, leaving them more space than other teams like us that cannot afford to do so.

fords
Luke Gale

Post by fords » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Nobody wrote:Wire can afford 2 marquee signings which I believe are not included in the cap, leaving them more space than other teams like us that cannot afford to do so.
Marquee Player – Each Super League Club is permitted to have two Marquee Players whose Salary Cap Value is limited to £150,000 (or £75,000 if Club Trained).

bane73
Junior Moors

Post by bane73 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Casmoley wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Turner, Gill, Milner, Holmes, Egodo, Clare, Shenton, Trueman all played youth level at Cas? I know Trueman ccame from Bradford and Egodo from London but still not bad.
Can only think of Tom Holmes who was making any impact of youth that Powell has 'let go' (although he didn't want Tom to go).

DON'T FORGET MAHER!
Trying to....
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

gateman
Luke Gale

Post by gateman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:32 pm

I don't know anything about Butterworth but it seems a strange one Bradford sending him out on loan to Batley who are in a league above them

BigBez10
Dean Widders

Post by BigBez10 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm

gateman wrote:I don't know anything about Butterworth but it seems a strange one Bradford sending him out on loan to Batley who are in a league above them
I believe Dewsbury were having a bit of an injury crisis and Bradford had a few hookers who were before Reiss

gateman
Luke Gale

Post by gateman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 pm

BigBez10 wrote:
gateman wrote:I don't know anything about Butterworth but it seems a strange one Bradford sending him out on loan to Batley who are in a league above them
I believe Dewsbury were having a bit of an injury crisis and Bradford had a few hookers who were before Reiss
sorry mate I thought I had read it was Batley he was loaned out to, if he is better the O Neil he must be a good player O Neil was my man of the match last week

Casmoley
Danny Orr

Post by Casmoley » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:52 pm

gateman wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:
sorry mate I thought I had read it was Batley he was loaned out to, if he is better the O Neil he must be a good player O Neil was my man of the match last week

it was Batley, he scored a try at Blackpool bash. A lady on Facebook has said O'Neil has signed a 2 year deal also. Could look more and more likely there will be a reserve grade.

lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Post by lurcher » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Casmoley wrote:
gateman wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:

it was Batley, he scored a try at Blackpool bash. A lady on Facebook has said O'Neil has signed a 2 year deal also. Could look more and more likely there will be a reserve grade.
good thinking moley
jo brand is eddie warings love child