Reiss butterworth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Reiss butterworth

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 10 Jul 2018, 08:28

Weareone wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
Weareone wrote:Dont know why people would be suprised oneil spent 4 years at cas playing some great rugby but yet again DP would rather bring outsiders in no wonder we are the worse club for producing talant a great talant lost yet again
Just out of interest; can you tell me how many of these junior players thrown on the scrap heap by DP are now forging successful SL careers elsewhere?
Quite a few its like douglas and gill feel sorry for the lads
I understand the sentimental attachment to local/academy lads, but if they’re good enough, they’ll make it.
I still can’t think of any of the names of the “quite a few” that are regularly playing SL though?!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Jul 2018, 08:49

I always thought oneill had a good chance of making it when I've seen him , with our ex under 19s coach at wire the rumour about him being part of a deal to get lineham might have some legs
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 Jul 2018, 10:09

Wire are building. They are unlikely to let Lineham leave!?
Leeds need a hooker however....
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jul 2018, 12:27

Interesting that Luke Million didn't get picked up after leaving Cas last season.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Jul 2018, 14:33

tigerfeat wrote:I always thought oneill had a good chance of making it when I've seen him , with our ex under 19s coach at wire the rumour about him being part of a deal to get lineham might have some legs
maybe riding is taking callum turner. ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Jul 2018, 14:36

It was inevitable that when our head of youth left for one of the richest clubs in the super league, that they would cherry pick out best talent and no way will CAS match any wages that wire will offer.
🐯 COYF!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Jul 2018, 14:38

Nobody wrote:It was inevitable that when our head of youth left for one of the richest clubs in the super league, that they would cherry pick out best talent and no way will CAS match any wages that wire will offer.
In a salary capped sport that will only harm Wire in the long run.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Jul 2018, 14:43

Wire can afford 2 marquee signings which I believe are not included in the cap, leaving them more space than other teams like us that cannot afford to do so.
🐯 COYF!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jul 2018, 14:53

Nobody wrote:Wire can afford 2 marquee signings which I believe are not included in the cap, leaving them more space than other teams like us that cannot afford to do so.
Marquee Player – Each Super League Club is permitted to have two Marquee Players whose Salary Cap Value is limited to £150,000 (or £75,000 if Club Trained).

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 10 Jul 2018, 16:15

Casmoley wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Turner, Gill, Milner, Holmes, Egodo, Clare, Shenton, Trueman all played youth level at Cas? I know Trueman ccame from Bradford and Egodo from London but still not bad.
Can only think of Tom Holmes who was making any impact of youth that Powell has 'let go' (although he didn't want Tom to go).

DON'T FORGET MAHER!
Trying to....
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Jul 2018, 16:32

I don't know anything about Butterworth but it seems a strange one Bradford sending him out on loan to Batley who are in a league above them

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 10 Jul 2018, 16:51

gateman wrote:I don't know anything about Butterworth but it seems a strange one Bradford sending him out on loan to Batley who are in a league above them
I believe Dewsbury were having a bit of an injury crisis and Bradford had a few hookers who were before Reiss

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Jul 2018, 17:42

BigBez10 wrote:
gateman wrote:I don't know anything about Butterworth but it seems a strange one Bradford sending him out on loan to Batley who are in a league above them
I believe Dewsbury were having a bit of an injury crisis and Bradford had a few hookers who were before Reiss
sorry mate I thought I had read it was Batley he was loaned out to, if he is better the O Neil he must be a good player O Neil was my man of the match last week

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 10 Jul 2018, 17:52

gateman wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:
sorry mate I thought I had read it was Batley he was loaned out to, if he is better the O Neil he must be a good player O Neil was my man of the match last week

it was Batley, he scored a try at Blackpool bash. A lady on Facebook has said O'Neil has signed a 2 year deal also. Could look more and more likely there will be a reserve grade.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Jul 2018, 18:00

Casmoley wrote:
gateman wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:

it was Batley, he scored a try at Blackpool bash. A lady on Facebook has said O'Neil has signed a 2 year deal also. Could look more and more likely there will be a reserve grade.
good thinking moley
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 10 Jul 2018, 18:45

O'Neil will be fringe first team/regular reserve player.

Pretty sure he can't play in the 19s next year along with a few others so having a healthy reserve team (which Holmes confirmed on 6 til 8 a few month back) is ideal for these players.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 11 Jul 2018, 08:47

gateman wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:
Sorry gateman, not a clue why I wrote Dewsbury! ](*,) I agree, O'Neil has always looked to have something whenever I have seen him play

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2018, 10:16

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/mobile ... hp?id=6016

Confirmed as a loan deal until the end of the season

Clubber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Clubber » 12 Jul 2018, 11:06

callum_walker wrote:Does this mean Jacques O'Neill is on his way out?
In an interview Powell said he saw O'Neill as more of a loose forward playing an Adam Milner style role. He also said that he would need to put on some size to achieve this but he sounded positive about him as a player for the future for Cas. Butterworth was seen as potential for cover in the hooking position but said "lets walk before we can run", although he said he had already made a good impression even in his first hit out with the squad..

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 14 Jul 2018, 12:26

Reiss in at 9 in U19s today with Jaques at loose.