No fight

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

No fight

Post by caslad69 » 30 Jun 2018, 19:11

I am writing this three quarters through watching the Catalans match. I have spent over £2000 to watch cas and in my opinion there has not been one bit of passion or fight for our team from the lads on the pitch. Where is the fight where is the passion ? Not in a long time have I felt so frustrated by the team on the park. I cannot remember the last time I struggled to say that any cas player played well. The support was fantastic by the cas fans but the players must hold their hands up and say they were well off the pace. I am feeling very disappointed and very let down by the players on the park. I just hope they realise the sacrifise that us supporters make to watch the team we love . Come on cas at least show us you care when you enter the paddock . Yes this is a rant but I just have to have my say. Sorry Rant over now COYF

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: No fight

Post by init » 30 Jun 2018, 19:25

I posted earlier they have let you guys n gals who made the effort down so badly......that was not even a contest.

Taking them over early for a jolly has backfired big time …. no effort no concentration no passion no heart....they owe those who travelled a twitter fest of apologies....and don't give me the heat excuse same for both sides and we were blowing after two minutes....

Powell take your hat of ….. the worst decision of the year......

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 30 Jun 2018, 19:29

agree with every thing you say, so many no look passes & big men turning round in the tackle to offload in stead of driving it in + stupid penalties

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 30 Jun 2018, 19:37

Showed up Castleford weaknesses' in the backs.no pressure exerted players looked like it was a Sunday tig and pass game. Like been said I've spent thousands on this club and that was disgraceful. Those who went need a apology.extremely disappointed in this performance

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 30 Jun 2018, 20:13

Can’t wait to pay this trip off for the next 18 month.absolute joke performance .hope they feel as gutted as I do

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 30 Jun 2018, 20:25

Text a friend within 5 minutes of the start saying, we don't look up for this, I feared the worst and was proved right, with the most abject performance for a long time.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 01 Jul 2018, 00:16

Tbf.......er...though .... er......Seriously though this reminded me of playing hull with big bodies moving fast and playing well. That said, Honestly, Cas didn't look well.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 01 Jul 2018, 06:16

I understand perfectly people paid a lot of money to go, but, we worked miracles against wire n Wigan and people were blowing smoke up the players backsides, now, our badly depleted team get a hammering and it’s all “they owe an apology, bad decision this or wrong call for that” I fully expected this score line against Wigan n wire so I’ll take the loss on the chin. Those of you that went there just enjoy the trip forget about the game, enjoy yourselves, it’s not life changing.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Jul 2018, 07:05

over the last few years we have flown out a played the same day coming back with a win, this year we changed it to give the lads a short holiday, they repaid the club with the worst performance I have seen from a CAS team for many a season, it was bad enough to watch it in the WMC if I had paid to watch it live I would have been really miffed , we are CAS see you all Sunday with a bit of luck to watch a team with commitment not the shower I saw yesterday

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 01 Jul 2018, 07:40

bane73 wrote:I understand perfectly people paid a lot of money to go, but, we worked miracles against wire n Wigan and people were blowing smoke up the players backsides, now, our badly depleted team get a hammering and it’s all “they owe an apology, bad decision this or wrong call for that” I fully expected this score line against Wigan n wire so I’ll take the loss on the chin. Those of you that went there just enjoy the trip forget about the game, enjoy yourselves, it’s not life changing.
It's not that we lost or even lost heavily. It was the manner of the defeat.

The last time the players had that look in their eyes was Old Trafford.

It's a mental attitude thing. Sides that always fall short have it.

We are intimidated by big, physical, mobile sides. Hull routinely intimidate us in the same way.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 01 Jul 2018, 10:04

I agree 100% it was all mental not physical....we can match anyone....the change was giving the team a jolly nothing less.

when we have flown over n back in the day we have beaten them because we were only in France to do the job...mentally focussed.

Yesterday we were beaten before a ball was kicked simply because that team treated the trip as a holiday and not a job....that was clear to everyone of us...DPs fault....for being too nice and giving the team a chance to combine the two and it backfired spectacularly...I bet that we revert back to in and out in a day from now on ...

I understand why it happened simply gave the players too much rope and they took it..reign it back in and stop expecting a group of lads given two days prior to a game a free pass holiday to focus in their job .... was never going to happen

Lesson learned.....oh and as usual cas players awol on twitter..great when your getting the praise ... head down hiding when your halos slip....

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jul 2018, 10:09

Jesses posted on Instagram on bike rides and doing a walk.
It said recovery time.
So they are still over there.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jul 2018, 10:24

If there still over there it confirms the immpression from the 80 minutes yesterday nice little holiday with a game to play on the saturday
Not very profesional in my eyes and left a lot of fans who went out there less than happy
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 01 Jul 2018, 10:28

old cas lass wrote:Jesses posted on Instagram on bike rides and doing a walk.
It said recovery time.
If there still over there it confirms the immpression from the 80 minutes yesterday nice little holiday with a game to play on the saturday
Not very profesional in my eyes and left a lot of fans who went out there less than happy
:roll: :roll: They fly home today.... not sure how that's unprofessional. You make out like they went over there to lose the match. It happens, every team has bad performances.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jul 2018, 10:47

You fly there and back on the same day in out job done you get beat you get beat at least it avoids people who have shelled out over a grand feeling like the teams gone for holiday with a game to play
Vince Lombardi

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 01 Jul 2018, 11:12

Matt wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Jesses posted on Instagram on bike rides and doing a walk.
It said recovery time.
:roll: :roll: They fly home today.... not sure how that's unprofessional. You make out like they went over there to lose the match. It happens, every team has bad performances.
looked to me like they made every effort to lose that match......

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 01 Jul 2018, 11:32

We didn't play well yesterday against a side who did play well yesterday. When you have an abundance of injuries you will NOT play well every week. We had a few back who probably weren't quite ready. We've been treated to some great rugby during Powell's reign and days like yesterday are not a common theme, like they were during the previous 15 years. Some of the bile I've read has been madness and I'm someone who is quite negative at times.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 01 Jul 2018, 11:33

tigerfeat wrote:You fly there and back on the same day in out job done you get beat you get beat at least it avoids people who have shelled out over a grand feeling like the teams gone for holiday with a game to play
And if they get hammered it'd be why did we not travel earlier. Jetlag exc. We lost poor performance end of...
TM Out

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jul 2018, 11:40

scottiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:You fly there and back on the same day in out job done you get beat you get beat at least it avoids people who have shelled out over a grand feeling like the teams gone for holiday with a game to play
And if they get hammered it'd be why did we not travel earlier. Jetlag exc. We lost poor performance end of...
Yeah ..take it out on leeds sunday will be a big crowd down all behind there team
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 01 Jul 2018, 11:49

Or they fly out there early and come back the next day - who honestly cares when the team come and go? Yes the performance wasn't great but you wouldn't be complaining about their flight times if the team had won. Every other year the club had done just that but this year they obviously decided to fly out earlier, it doesn't affect you in anyway.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.