Catalans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Catalans

Post by fords » 30 Jun 2018, 20:26

Casmoley wrote:
derbystiger wrote:^^ I've been trying to find the words about Ellis and Roberts, but Fords has done it for me. I have one positive today and thats Mitch Clarke, the rest total garbage. Even Macca's distribution from dummy half was rubbish, which is something you never see

Macca needs a rest, he's been shattered for the last two weeks nevermind in that heat, problem is we don't have another hooker unless Powell gives o'neil a go!
He'd rather play shenton at 9 than use one of the under 19's

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 30 Jun 2018, 20:27

derbystiger wrote:^^ I've been trying to find the words about Ellis and Roberts, but Fords has done it for me. I have one positive today and thats Mitch Clarke, the rest total garbage. Even Macca's distribution from dummy half was rubbish, which is something you never see
Agreed he could be very good in the coming years. Hopefully for us

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 30 Jun 2018, 22:03

fords wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Absolutely disgraceful. Ellis is an absolute turnstile. Where on earth is Roberts the soft arse
Ellis is sh*te and over weight

Sicknote Roberts. Sooner he fu*ks off and we replace him with somebody that can play more the 5 games a year the better
Summed up nicely. Ellis should have bever been signed, crap the first time round, crap inbetween and still crap now.

Those imbeciles went out there for a holiday and not a game of rugby. One or two gave it a go but the rest want dropping in the channel half way home. Utterly pathetic.

Angry? You bet. This lot have fallen in love with themselves. Well today and the Hull KR debicle shows that they aren’t quite as good as they’d like to think. All good when things are flying Daryll but now is when you earn your brass. Sort out the arrogant attitude asap.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 30 Jun 2018, 22:12

How bad was olivor Holmes got to start dropping bad performance s When get all forwards back dropped off three tackles to which they scored

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 30 Jun 2018, 23:29

flow wrote:How bad was olivor Holmes got to start dropping bad performance s When get all forwards back dropped off three tackles to which they scored
He's been doing it regularly this season

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 30 Jun 2018, 23:52

Scoopage wrote:
fords wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Absolutely disgraceful. Ellis is an absolute turnstile. Where on earth is Roberts the soft arse

Sicknote Roberts. Sooner he fu*ks off and we replace him with somebody that can play more the 5 games a year the better
:clap:

You CANNOT blame Ellis solely for the garbage served up this evening (AND ROBERTS WAS NOT IN THE 17) Bad day at the office today. (sorry appalling day at the office today)
Stuff Leeds next week and we will be world beaters again!
cum on you Ford

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 01 Jul 2018, 00:13

The Firm wrote:
fords wrote:

Summed up nicely. Ellis should have bever been signed, crap the first time round, crap inbetween and still crap now.

Those imbeciles went out there for a holiday and not a game of rugby. One or two gave it a go but the rest want dropping in the channel half way home. Utterly pathetic.

Angry? You bet. This lot have fallen in love with themselves. Well today and the Hull KR debicle shows that they aren’t quite as good as they’d like to think. All good when things are flying Daryll but now is when you earn your brass. Sort out the arrogant attitude asap.
I can forgive the Hull KR performance, in fact maybe even credit them with getting something (4 players out of the game injured and 2 playing on one leg with what has turned out to be fairly serious injuries).

Today was s different kettle of fish. Awful to the man. Our pack were pathetic, two of our returnees been the worst offenders in the pack. Simply soft nd clueless across the board.

As for Ellis, I'd sooner give Aston a shot then persist if mo-one else is available, at least he might play like he's got a point to prove.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Jul 2018, 07:25

the ale in France must have been stronger than they are used to the team must have suffering a massive hang over to put in a performance like that, we can pick on individual players that played bad but for me 16 of them were well of the pace only Mitch looking like a player that wanted tp be there

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jul 2018, 07:48

Powell said hisen he rated the two wins against wire and wigan among the best hes seen i wonder if hes said were not going out there to bust a gut in that heat
Something didnt look right i rate our forwards the best in the league but they were owned by the frenchmen from start to finish
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Jul 2018, 09:20

Maybe he is trying to get Leeds relegated?

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 01 Jul 2018, 09:27

tigerfeat wrote:Powell said hisen he rated the two wins against wire and wigan among the best hes seen i wonder if hes said were not going out there to bust a gut in that heat
Something didnt look right i rate our forwards the best in the league but they were owned by the frenchmen from start to finish
Agreed. All the Cas forwards (with the possible exception of Clark) looked as though they had accepted defeat and didn’t want to be there from the first minute of the game. The silly penalties, stray passes, dropped balls was not just the forwards but ran through the team.
All were guilty of pinching their wages and short changing us fans.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jul 2018, 09:28

Yes leeds are in a world of trouble now...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 01 Jul 2018, 11:11

43s flyer wrote:
flow wrote:How bad was olivor Holmes got to start dropping bad performance s When get all forwards back dropped off three tackles to which they scored
Yesterday was a bad en from Oggy but along with foster he's been our best forward this year
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 01 Jul 2018, 11:14

the machine wrote:
43s flyer wrote:
Yesterday was a bad en from Oggy but along with foster he's been our best forward this year
Not for me. Millo has been our best forward by a mile. Most of Foster’s appearance have been as a centre??

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 01 Jul 2018, 11:17

orrsome wrote:
the machine wrote:
43s flyer wrote:
Not for me. Millo has been our best forward by a mile. Most of Foster’s appearance have been as a centre??
Millo and Foster have been the best 2 players all year for us

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 01 Jul 2018, 11:26

tigerfeat wrote:Powell said hisen he rated the two wins against wire and wigan among the best hes seen i wonder if hes said were not going out there to bust a gut in that heat
Sorry but our forwards are far from best in the league

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 01 Jul 2018, 12:48

Powell had owt to say yet on yesterday’s diabolical effort?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 01 Jul 2018, 12:58

Scoopage wrote:Powell had owt to say yet on yesterday’s diabolical effort?
Not seen a peep.

As much as I love our club, I've said before that this aspect of our operating model is extremely poor.

If you want season tickets bought, fans turning up and loyalty then you have to back that up with different behaviours.

There are mentions of apologies on other threads. I never expect that but I do expect to hear something. It's part of a bit of leadership from the senior guys at the club.

It's a bit like politics - say nothing and hope that,eventually, everyone (especially those how spent hundreds of pounds to get to the bottom end of France) will forget it ever happened.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 01 Jul 2018, 13:09

Oldcasman wrote:
Sorry but our forwards are far from best in the league
We probably have the best set of ball handling forwards in SL.

Where we come unstuck is against sides with genuine size and power. We get bullied and lose the rucks.

With the exception of Watts (even that is debatable) we play without genuine props. We've got back rowers everywhere.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 01 Jul 2018, 13:09

Are you sure that's not more to do with less media over in Catalan, there's often less interviews from Catalan away.