Steve Gill

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Steve Gill

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Feb 2018, 10:11

You must go in some dodgy clubs Gateman.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I wouldnt tbink the club would need to make any statements about any stories with 100% no truth in them or they would be very busy. If there is any truth in them then maybe they should and will.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 17 Feb 2018, 10:25

If there's any truth in SG stepping down then I would hope the club would be looking farther afield than current employees. To simply hand the CEO job to someone without advertising or interviewing is negligible to say the least & I would hope we'd be more professional than that.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Feb 2018, 10:27

Couldnt agree more if we dont get the right person in i will fear the worst for cas tigers
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Feb 2018, 10:31

What you're failing to recognise is that Steve Gill, and Daryl Powell, nutured and developed the environment we have now.

In a corporate setting it doesn't matter how you see your boss, because you just do your job.

In a sporting environment the extra value and performance is boosted by the feel-good factor in and around the club, fans and officials. LIKE WE HAD LAST YEAR AND PRIOR.

Mark Grattan, in my experience, is everything that has been posted above. I've come across his type a few times in my life and as soon as I'd talked to him, or should I say when he INTERRUPTED my conversation, I had his number and personality wrapped up.

If I hear or see anything like what I imagine is to come, I won't be bothering.

The question is : what is the point, if the person at the top isn't right. I can only see us going backwards. Big time.

If this all proves to be true, I predict

1. Powell to England
2. A downward spiral over 18 months to 2 years.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DP to England is involved in this (did anyone hear Eddie on sky mention him/England)

For the very first time in the clubs history we were/are on the cusp of success and sustained excellence and people like Grattan will always be hanging around in the wings waiting. It's why I'll be finished with the club if we ruin it.
Audacter Et Sincere

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 17 Feb 2018, 10:37

gateman wrote:I wish to god that the club would make a statement to either confirm or deny
If the club had to make a statement every time someone said something, they would need to employ another person just to put rumours to bed. All i know is that someone on social media last week said something about how Steve Gill had left the club, but he was in the office (working) at Cas the next day. The rumour has snowballed since then and i've no idea if it is true or not, but probably not. It's probably just the same story that's been passed round. I guess someone will spot him down the lane at some point or perhaps Cas will put a statement out about our new CEO.
Last edited by GThornton on 17 Feb 2018, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Feb 2018, 10:46

Steve is not CEO as is stands this morning.

I know NOTHING as to how/why or anything else.

I just know he's not CEO right now.

EDIT : I want to put my absolute admiration and thanks on record for what he's done for this club
Audacter Et Sincere

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 17 Feb 2018, 10:54

look Steve has gone and we will be told when the Club are ready.

We are mere supporters ,followers ,etc

Whilst Steve and I did not agree on a few things ,I wish him well.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Feb 2018, 10:55

If people have doom and gloom inside them its because every time we have a chance to kick on and do something good at our club we shoot ourselves in the foot its in our dna
Vince Lombardi

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 17 Feb 2018, 11:14

If this is true it is diabolical. Steve Gill has been brilliant for this club and just as much a part of our recent success as Daryl Powell and the rest of the coaching team or any individual player.

I don't know what is going on and what the cause of the problem is but I do know that losing Steve Gill is a backward step and a potential disaster for this club. I have supported the club for the last 55 years but I have to say that my patience is wearing thin, every time we get close to being a top force in the game we press the self-distruct button. Get your act together Cas.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 17 Feb 2018, 11:20

Let’s me honest if rumours are true about him going behind Powell’s back signing Aston and Clare and trying to offload Hardaker to Wigan on the cheap it’s probaly best he’s gone.
Don’t get me wrong he’s done great for the club but we need someone new to take us to the next level.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Feb 2018, 11:42

Mucky1978 wrote:Let’s me honest if rumours are true about him going behind Powell’s back signing Aston and Clare and trying to offload Hardaker to Wigan on the cheap it’s probaly best he’s gone.
Don’t get me wrong he’s done great for the club but we need someone new to take us to the next level.
Yeah made some errors and looks like hes being pounced on
Vince Lombardi

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 17 Feb 2018, 12:17

On the face of it this is bizarre, Steve Gill took on a club in deep trouble, heading for oblivion.
He turned it round off the pitch (£260,000 profit in 2016) and appointed D Powell who did the business on the pitch.

Obviously I do not know what has happened (and we might never get to the bottom of it) but, it is very, very worrying,
cum on you Ford

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Feb 2018, 12:26

Steve Gill is 100% CAS TIGERs he as been the main reason for our success over recent years, most of us fans know this and we all know these rumours are doing no one any good

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 17 Feb 2018, 12:26

Mucky1978 wrote:Let’s me honest if rumours are true about him going behind Powell’s back signing Aston and Clare and trying to offload Hardaker to Wigan on the cheap it’s probaly best he’s gone.
If what you say is true about him trying to offload Hardaker to protect the clubs image then he has my utmost respect.

If he has gone then the next person has to take the club to the next level.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 17 Feb 2018, 13:08

Tiger53 wrote:If this is true it is diabolical. Steve Gill has been brilliant for this club and just as much a part of our recent success as Daryl Powell and the rest of the coaching team or any individual player.

I don't know what is going on and what the cause of the problem is but I do know that losing Steve Gill is a backward step and a potential disaster for this club. I have supported the club for the last 55 years but I have to say that my patience is wearing thin, every time we get close to being a top force in the game we press the self-distruct button. Get your act together Cas.
Never have truer words been spoken than the last sentence. Self - destruction is what we do best unfortunately.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 17 Feb 2018, 13:41

i feel exactly the same, i have supported this club since i was 10 & im 70 now & its all familiar ground to me, we were going to be an established top 4 club, i now see us back to square one. we always seem to pull defeat from the jaws of victory ](*,)

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Feb 2018, 13:49

People talking about packing in watching Cas because of Gill going is quite laughable. Gill going does not mean we will all of a sudden be crap. It does not mean we wont be challenging for honours. If it was Powell that went then we would be struggling.

DP is way more important than the CEO whoever that may be. I could understand people being angry if it was DP but not the CEO.

We are in a much better place now than in a long time but lets be honest, the clowns we had before arent difficult to beat are they?

Nobody is bigger than the club remember.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 17 Feb 2018, 14:02

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:People talking about packing in watching Cas because of Gill going is quite laughable. Gill going does not mean we will all of a sudden be crap. It does not mean we wont be challenging for honours. If it was Powell that went then we would be struggling.

DP is way more important than the CEO whoever that may be. I could understand people being angry if it was DP but not the CEO.

We are in a much better place now than in a long time but lets be honest, the clowns we had before arent difficult to beat are they?

To be honest SG leaving maybe a good thing. Don’t get me wrong he’s done a brilliant job but ultimately he’s not a business man he’s a former coal miner and rugby coach. A new CEO may help us take the next step !

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 17 Feb 2018, 14:09

sirocco7 wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:People talking about packing in watching Cas because of Gill going is quite laughable. Gill going does not mean we will all of a sudden be crap. It does not mean we wont be challenging for honours. If it was Powell that went then we would be struggling.

To be honest SG leaving maybe a good thing. Don’t get me wrong he’s done a brilliant job but ultimately he’s not a business man he’s a former coal miner and rugby coach. A new CEO may help us take the next step !
Problem is ideal be amazed if we appointed anyone with calibre to take us to the next level.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 17 Feb 2018, 14:12

KB80 wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:

Problem is ideal be amazed if we appointed anyone with calibre to take us to the next level.
True !