New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Oldcasman
Dean Widders

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Oldcasman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:49 pm

derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote: On another point, the club also said they have a plan B involving Wheldon Road
Thats interesting, Hudds. There wasn’t any further info regarding this was there?
"IF - If (unlikely) worst case, Plan B is based around WR. Remember tho, SL is separate to RL and focus for SL is attendances and ratings, not facilities first n foremost."
Cheers Hudds. I do think that attendances and facilities do go hand in hand a little though. We won’t grow attendences without improved facilities so it becomes a vicious circle.
I think most people come to see a winning team not the facility’s the way to grow attendances is to create a team capable of winning trophies unfortunately we are still short of 2 or 3 players to do that.

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Flat Capper wrote:Latest post in the Wakey stadium thread in Anything RL says WMDC are lending the Pussies 3.15m to buy back and upgrade Belle View. At least we know what plan b will be!
Well that's a surprise last time I asked someone if money could be made available to help Wakefield or cas for that matter that didn't seem high on the agenda WMDC had
Suddenly they have found 3.15 million spare to lend to wakey
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
Danny Orr

Post by Tigerade » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Firstly, I would ask where as the 3 million + come from ? We are about to get our council tax bills in the next few days and I for one am expecting a bit of a hike in price.

Secondly, what are the details of how Wakey will pay back the loan ? What is the timescale ? What if they go into admin' again ?

Thirdly, does anyone else find it strange that just as we are about to have (hopefully) our bit of good news tommorrow the council find over 3 million quid down the back of the sofa for Wakey ? Could it be ten million split 3 ways with us and Fev included ?

JIN JER
Junior Moors

Post by JIN JER » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Flat Capper wrote:Latest post in the Wakey stadium thread in Anything RL says WMDC are lending the Pussies 3.15m to buy back and upgrade Belle View. At least we know what plan b will be!
I'll be very surprised were that to happen. We have no collateral to borrow this money against, it would be a massive risk in today's economic climate. Could the council buy BV and loan it back to us on a 100yr lease? That way if we defaulted on any payments they could boot us out and sell on the land. My guess and this is an absolute guess, Yorkcourt (boooo) I believe want to build houses on Thornes park, WMDC give them planning permission that they are currently struggling to get. Yorkcourt as a sweetener buy BV from Manni Hussain and donate to WMDC. Or am I just dreaming? :)

Edit....Got that completely wrong, WMDC have loaned Trinity £3.15M! Absolutely shocked by that.

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Anybody else think there's something fishy going on here ?
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
Danny Orr

Post by Tigerade » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 pm

It gets better when you read this :-

https://mobile.twitter.com/winitycats/s ... 9435323392

Phil Townsend (SWAG) (a.k.a TRB on RLFans.com) eludes to an additional £2 million payout from the council towards the re-development of Belle Vue. He also states that the £3.15 million loan is for the buy-back of the stadium only. Manni Hussain (the current owner) of M88 group as made a royal killing out of this !

The Firm
Danny Orr

Post by The Firm » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:10 am

Tigerade wrote:It gets better when you read this :-

Phil Townsend (SWAG) (a.k.a TRB on RLFans.com) eludes to an additional £2 million payout from the council towards the re-development of Belle Vue. He also states that the £3.15 million loan is for the buy-back of the stadium only. Manni Hussain (the current owner) of M88 group as made a royal killing out of this !
I’m sure if Axiom could get £5 million from the council then they would be willing to crack on with our stadium without the extra 15-20% occupancy take-up. Maybe we should start pressurising the council.

sirocco7
Dean Widders

Post by sirocco7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:50 am

The Firm wrote:

I’m sure if Axiom could get £5 million from the council then they would be willing to crack on with our stadium without the extra 15-20% occupancy take-up. Maybe we should start pressurising the council.

I don’t think it’s as simple as that, Axiom do not have the funds at the moment. The full funds will only be released for the whole project once they reach the agreed occupancy levels. As it’s stands lateral do not have the funds . It’s about the long term income the shopping centre will generate from store leases.

JIN JER
Junior Moors

Post by JIN JER » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:07 am

The link's not working Tigerade, I've looked on Phils Twitter and can't see anywhere that Trinity are to get an extra £2M towards the refurb, re post the Twitter addy would you? ;)

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:21 am

It says on the Wakefield forum the council have taken out the 3 million plus loan on Wakefields behalf
Seems like a life-line for them but they will have to hope the revamped belle-vue will bring more support in or they could be in trouble
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
Danny Orr

Post by Tigerade » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:13 am

The link's not working Tigerade, I've looked on Phils Twitter and can't see anywhere that Trinity are to get an extra £2M towards the refurb, re post the Twitter addy would you? ;)
There's been a few problems on here Jinge with linking web pages. I'll try again here:-

TheSheriff
Danny Orr

Post by TheSheriff » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 pm

tigerfeat wrote:It says on the Wakefield forum the council have taken out the 3 million plus loan on Wakefields behalf
Seems like a life-line for them but they will have to hope the revamped belle-vue will bring more support in or they could be in trouble
So what's happened is Wakefield tried to get that loan themselves and were rightly rejected because of the well known history they have of not paying debts and the idiot council have come along and gone "oh we can do that for you but promise you'll pay us back this time!"

What odds would you guys have on them not paying back the council for a 2nd time?

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Yeah I doubt wakey would have being able to get the kind of loan they needed or at least not without massive interest on it elections coming up maybe that a factor who knows
Vince Lombardi

flood light tiger
Junior Moors

Post by flood light tiger » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Wakey got 3.5 mil loan and is that why your council tax as gone up 4.2% whilst the NHS service's in the area of Wakefield are being cut

JIN JER
Junior Moors

Post by JIN JER » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Tigerade wrote:
There's been a few problems on here Jinge with linking web pages. I'll try again here:-

Still no good Tigerade, thanks for trying.