New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Apr 2020, 16:47

I still can't help but think that when this is all over there will be a great desire to rebuild. I'm also optimistic new employment opportunities will come about as we try to reinstate a British manufacturing industry, moving away from an over-reliance on foreign imports.

This could in turn push a spending spree that may see a return to shopping in store. A day out at the Outlet centre and nice get together for a coffee and afternoon tea.

Who knows..?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 06 Apr 2020, 17:23

Flat Capper wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 16:47 I still can't help but think that when this is all over there will be a great desire to rebuild. I'm also optimistic new employment opportunities will come about as we try to reinstate a British manufacturing industry, moving away from an over-reliance on foreign imports.

This could in turn push a spending spree that may see a return to shopping in store. A day out at the Outlet centre and nice get together for a coffee and afternoon tea.

Who knows..?
Hey, we’ll not be having any of that optimistic nonsense on here, if you don’t mind! :D

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 06 Apr 2020, 18:02

Flat Capper wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 16:47 I still can't help but think that when this is all over there will be a great desire to rebuild. I'm also optimistic new employment opportunities will come about as we try to reinstate a British manufacturing industry, moving away from an over-reliance on foreign imports.

Who knows..?
Problem with that optimistic outlook is that you aren't considering significant factors:-

1/ China being a dictator communistic country keep their workers in their place and they have to work for peanuts in comparison to us so will always be cheaper than us to manufacture. Note I mentioned on another forum topic that I saw their mile upon mile of factories and facilities last year in just only 3 major city outskirts on my visit there which was totally and enormously gobsmacking !! Hence why they have become a major superpower and way ahead of any other country just now.

2/ Even if we get into cutting edge Green or High Tech industries, we are already lagging behind the likes of Huwawi on 5G for example and not even anywhere near the space race where high tech is far ahead in China, America and even India.

3/ China have more or less bought up countries who have natural minerals and resources, massively, for example, in Africa while the rest of the world have been sleeping !!

So, while we have all enjoyed our cheap Chinese product imports in the West, we have inadvertently put ourselves massively at a disadvantage which will come back to haunt us over the next number of years and I personally think it's looking very dark from what I can deduce especially now when we are going to be in a massive hole on paying for this covid crap !

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Apr 2020, 21:58

Never seen that used as to why Cas will/won’t get a new ground but it is a different viewpoint.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Apr 2020, 22:52

CasRus wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 18:02

Who knows..?
Problem with that optimistic outlook is that you aren't considering significant factors:-

1/ China being a dictator communistic country keep their workers in their place and they have to work for peanuts in comparison to us so will always be cheaper than us to manufacture. Note I mentioned on another forum topic that I saw their mile upon mile of factories and facilities last year in just only 3 major city outskirts on my visit there which was totally and enormously gobsmacking !! Hence why they have become a major superpower and way ahead of any other country just now.

2/ Even if we get into cutting edge Green or High Tech industries, we are already lagging behind the likes of Huwawi on 5G for example and not even anywhere near the space race where high tech is far ahead in China, America and even India.

3/ China have more or less bought up countries who have natural minerals and resources, massively, for example, in Africa while the rest of the world have been sleeping !!

So, while we have all enjoyed our cheap Chinese product imports in the West, we have inadvertently put ourselves massively at a disadvantage which will come back to haunt us over the next number of years and I personally think it's looking very dark from what I can deduce especially now when we are going to be in a massive hole on paying for this covid crap !
And there was me thinking that having left the EU we now had the powers to negotiate trade deals in our favour. Perhaps not and we'll be stuck trying to negotiate with little power against the likes China. I may have suggested that?

The fact is we will have the opportunity to make a different choice and we've only ourselves to blame if we take the wrong option......agaiin!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 07 Apr 2020, 00:45

So Capper, what do you think is the right option now - please tell ??

You seem to have jumped on the waggon of Corbyn in taking advantage of a very unpredictable world crisis to say he was right all along ! Didn’t realise you had your head that far up Jezzas arse to also take advantage of this crisis to justify your pro EU position !

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 07 Apr 2020, 08:06

Wrong option? Come on folks, it's not the Andrew Marr show, it's a Rugby League clubs forum and the subject is New Ground for Cas or NOT!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 07 Apr 2020, 09:08

China? Corbin? Way deeper than anything Robbo or Hudds ever said or used to get their point across. Although to be fair we could always understand and/or maybe believe those 2.

Bit too serious for me this one.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 07 Apr 2020, 10:28

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 09:08 China? Corbin? Way deeper than anything Robbo or Hudds ever said or used to get their point across. Although to be fair we could always understand and/or maybe believe those 2.

Bit too serious for me this one.
Guys, I had already noted I was on the wrong topic which had inadvertently transgressed with certain comments made on this topic and had already last night moved my further response onto the right forum topic (Jeremy Corbyn LOL).

My apologies to all for the transgress.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jul 2020, 10:26

Is it normal for company's who the builder says have signed up to be unwilling to confirm they have seems odd to me but like I say don't know
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 14 Jul 2020, 13:40

I was going to post but a bit too high brow for me I'll pass. Enjoy reading though god wish I'd listened at school. :-s

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 14 Jul 2020, 13:53

Let's face it the chance of the new ground looks less and less likely as time goes on. Maybe we should be looking at a plan b, if we have a plan b.

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 14 Jul 2020, 14:16

why submit new planning applications if it is dead in the water as some seem to think?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Jul 2020, 14:28

Because people on here know far more than those actually involved in the project.

That’s because the heard it first hand from their sisters, boyfriends, uncle, nephews, partner who once had a trial for Cas under 16s....

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 14 Jul 2020, 15:45

Difference with some people is they can see the writing on the wall? Some just hoping that a miracle will happen.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 14 Jul 2020, 16:33

Lol Fumper.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 14 Jul 2020, 17:54

Just read that Axiom says development will start shortly and will be completed in 2022. Unfortunately M&S Primark Next and Boots refused to comment if they were still committed to the project. So we're still upside down but at least someone's made a comment. As they say watch this space.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jul 2020, 17:56

Having done a quick bit of digging, the P+C article is missing a few key details or isn't entirely correct.

Firstly, Axiom aren't asking for the conditions scrapping. They are asking for a phased discharge to allow things to go ahead earlier than waiting, with a full discharge down the line.

Full title is: Non-material amendment to vary the wording of conditions 18, 34, 36, 40 and 54 of approved planning application reference 16/01544/FUL [dated 8 December 2016 and which varied retail conditions imposed upon the original outline consent for a mixed use development comprising retail accommodation, sports stadium, country park and associated works] to permit a phased discharge of the conditions and thereby allow development to commence prior to the full discharge of these conditions. 

Presumably this means they can start progressing on site and discharge as they go rather than having to submit, wait, submit, wait etc.

The second detail omitted is the the above title clearly states to allow development to commence.

And the final bit excluded, which would have been worth waiting for, is some submitted documentation and the covering letter to the application, which hasn't been added yet. Just the application form. Waiting would have added a bit more meat to the bones.

One final comment from a development side is that their PR is not good. This is the biggest development in the area for a number of years, if not a couple of decades since Xscape was built. You'd think having the basics of replying to journalists, even if just to say that there's no comment at this time, wouldn't hurt.

Given the extensive public interest in this project and the eyeballs on this project, you think keeping, maintaining and sustaining interest as well as doing everything to show off the project would be pursued.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 14 Jul 2020, 20:23

Wow people on here still think it's going to happen can't believe it Geoff lol. But really come on time to start thinking ways financially improving down lane which they should have started years ago in stead off hanging on to a distant dream off free staduim.