New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Mar 2020, 11:54

Whilst I appreciate the website is called "Leeds Live", what is the date of the announcement?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 02 Apr 2020, 17:18

HuddsTigers wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 00:24 "While, we once again contacted the Axiom team, who on this occasion replied to tell us 'significant and positive news' is coming in the next few weeks"

Taken from Leeds Live
Hi Hudds, I obviously missed the announcement please can you bring me up to speed?

When can we expect shovels in the ground?

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 04 Apr 2020, 18:03

Any chance has now gone..........
Truth is always best !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 04 Apr 2020, 20:06

Robbo wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 18:03 Any chance has now gone..........
Quite right, anyone still believe there’s even an outside chance of this happening?

Some economists are predicting 20% unemployment and a 1930’s style depression. Hardly the conditions to build a new retail complex!

Dead and buried.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 04 Apr 2020, 20:50

Unfortunately, what we are experiencing just now will be like a “Walk in the Park” compared to the carnage that awaits us as the new normal will be an absolute decimation of life as we know it if this carries on into next year which it may do - not much money around, closed businesses, plenty of people on the breadline and will just about afford to feed their families and no help from the government as we would have already maxed out in trying to stem this virus and pay all these 80% furloughing and the massive bill for equipment to fight the virus.

I give a tolerance threshold of 6 months and after that Be Afraid as it’s not going to be very pretty !

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Apr 2020, 23:30

Doubt anyone is going to be bothered about whether any of the surviving clubs have a shiny new stadium in the next ten years so the stadium might be dead and buried, but so is its importance

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 05 Apr 2020, 06:17

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 23:30 Doubt anyone is going to be bothered about whether any of the surviving clubs have a shiny new stadium in the next ten years so the stadium might be dead and buried, but so is its importance
you took the post right out of my mouth Tamworth, the clubs and the sport itself will be facing an existential crisis in the coming years. Plans of expansion and new stadiums will be the last thing the RFL will be focussed on.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 05 Apr 2020, 10:11

alftupper wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 06:17
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 23:30 Doubt anyone is going to be bothered about whether any of the surviving clubs have a shiny new stadium in the next ten years so the stadium might be dead and buried, but so is its importance
you took the post right out of my mouth Tamworth, the clubs and the sport itself will be facing an existential crisis in the coming years. Plans of expansion and new stadiums will be the last thing the RFL will be focussed on.
Unsure about that to be honest. If the game is to continue, I think the RFL would look at any new potential franchise/club more than sympathetically.
The advantage of having a fit for purpose stadium with modern day facilities which can be used and create income 365 days of the year will be a distinct and possibly overriding advantage.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 05 Apr 2020, 12:47

Casmania wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 10:11
Unsure about that to be honest. If the game is to continue, I think the RFL would look at any new potential franchise/club more than sympathetically.
That is my point though, I don’t see there being any new franchise applications for some time and the RFL will be happy that existing clubs regardless of their facilities can simply survive.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 Apr 2020, 14:27

I dont recall many people believing this was ever going to happen and the longer it has taken then the worse the situation has become. The club can't be at fault for what is going on but this just shows that the "We are moving soon so why would we spend money on the ground" approach has come back to bite the club in the butt. You have to keep up with things or it just won't be fit for purpose eventually. That eventually is almost upon us and many teams, in particular us and Wakey, are so far behind and maybe won't catch up.

We having been waiting well over 20 years and that simply isn't good enough.

We shall see what plan B is. It will now need to change form "Keep pushing that we are following Plan A". Lets hope we still have a team.

Having said that I think this current situation may make it easier for the RFL to start branching out more to clubs with money and spreading the word. Expansion is always good but can only be effective if the expansion still delivers the product. At the moment Toronto aren't and won't be able to do that.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Apr 2020, 17:47

alftupper wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 12:47
That is my point though, I don’t see there being any new franchise applications for some time and the RFL will be happy that existing clubs regardless of their facilities can simply survive.
Absolutely, if any do go under or lose access to stadia (a lot don’t own their own)which is likely then that may create vacancies for newcomers but there won’t be money for surviving clubs to stick into venues for a long time.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 05 Apr 2020, 20:10

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 17:47
alftupper wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 12:47
Absolutely, if any do go under or lose access to stadia (a lot don’t own their own)which is likely then that may create vacancies for newcomers but there won’t be money for surviving clubs to stick into venues for a long time.
It's a worrying time for all sport, however RL I feel is particularly vulnerable.
I can see the scenario where 'rugby clubs' come to the fore. With dual reg/partnership rugby union and league clubs playing at a single stadium to reduce costs and maximise income.

The days of sporting clubs living as just a sporting club are long since gone. They now have to adapt to be run as a business with the aim of increasing revenue at every opportunity.

There will be some real soul searching and some very difficult choices ahead in these uncertain times.

Stay safe everyone.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 06 Apr 2020, 13:04

wasn’t New Look one of the retailers purported to have signed up to this fantasy? It looks like they’ll struggle to make it to the end of the month reading this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52153183

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 Apr 2020, 14:22

I think we've just got to try and get through the current period, make sure the club survives and then start to put plans in place for the old girl, even though these plans should have been in place a long while back.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 06 Apr 2020, 16:17

Not that anyone needs more to think about - but the timing is incredibly difficult for our sport with the TV deal being up.
I have said on other threads it is a massive challenge to decide what our sport wanted to be with juxtaposed views of the "core" and expansion.
Challenge was already there to look at subscription and season pass - but that is all for a long way down the track when people aren't losing their lives, which is happening as we speak. Not to mention livelihoods, businesses and incomes.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Apr 2020, 16:47

I still can't help but think that when this is all over there will be a great desire to rebuild. I'm also optimistic new employment opportunities will come about as we try to reinstate a British manufacturing industry, moving away from an over-reliance on foreign imports.

This could in turn push a spending spree that may see a return to shopping in store. A day out at the Outlet centre and nice get together for a coffee and afternoon tea.

Who knows..?

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 06 Apr 2020, 17:23

Flat Capper wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 16:47 I still can't help but think that when this is all over there will be a great desire to rebuild. I'm also optimistic new employment opportunities will come about as we try to reinstate a British manufacturing industry, moving away from an over-reliance on foreign imports.

This could in turn push a spending spree that may see a return to shopping in store. A day out at the Outlet centre and nice get together for a coffee and afternoon tea.

Who knows..?
Hey, we’ll not be having any of that optimistic nonsense on here, if you don’t mind! :D

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 06 Apr 2020, 18:02

Flat Capper wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 16:47 I still can't help but think that when this is all over there will be a great desire to rebuild. I'm also optimistic new employment opportunities will come about as we try to reinstate a British manufacturing industry, moving away from an over-reliance on foreign imports.

Who knows..?
Problem with that optimistic outlook is that you aren't considering significant factors:-

1/ China being a dictator communistic country keep their workers in their place and they have to work for peanuts in comparison to us so will always be cheaper than us to manufacture. Note I mentioned on another forum topic that I saw their mile upon mile of factories and facilities last year in just only 3 major city outskirts on my visit there which was totally and enormously gobsmacking !! Hence why they have become a major superpower and way ahead of any other country just now.

2/ Even if we get into cutting edge Green or High Tech industries, we are already lagging behind the likes of Huwawi on 5G for example and not even anywhere near the space race where high tech is far ahead in China, America and even India.

3/ China have more or less bought up countries who have natural minerals and resources, massively, for example, in Africa while the rest of the world have been sleeping !!

So, while we have all enjoyed our cheap Chinese product imports in the West, we have inadvertently put ourselves massively at a disadvantage which will come back to haunt us over the next number of years and I personally think it's looking very dark from what I can deduce especially now when we are going to be in a massive hole on paying for this covid crap !

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Apr 2020, 21:58

Never seen that used as to why Cas will/won’t get a new ground but it is a different viewpoint.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Apr 2020, 22:52

CasRus wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 18:02

Who knows..?
Problem with that optimistic outlook is that you aren't considering significant factors:-

1/ China being a dictator communistic country keep their workers in their place and they have to work for peanuts in comparison to us so will always be cheaper than us to manufacture. Note I mentioned on another forum topic that I saw their mile upon mile of factories and facilities last year in just only 3 major city outskirts on my visit there which was totally and enormously gobsmacking !! Hence why they have become a major superpower and way ahead of any other country just now.

2/ Even if we get into cutting edge Green or High Tech industries, we are already lagging behind the likes of Huwawi on 5G for example and not even anywhere near the space race where high tech is far ahead in China, America and even India.

3/ China have more or less bought up countries who have natural minerals and resources, massively, for example, in Africa while the rest of the world have been sleeping !!

So, while we have all enjoyed our cheap Chinese product imports in the West, we have inadvertently put ourselves massively at a disadvantage which will come back to haunt us over the next number of years and I personally think it's looking very dark from what I can deduce especially now when we are going to be in a massive hole on paying for this covid crap !
And there was me thinking that having left the EU we now had the powers to negotiate trade deals in our favour. Perhaps not and we'll be stuck trying to negotiate with little power against the likes China. I may have suggested that?

The fact is we will have the opportunity to make a different choice and we've only ourselves to blame if we take the wrong option......agaiin!