New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Jan 2021, 11:10

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 14:01 Just looking for a quick update from Fumper......have you got your list of “Fans that want us to fail” yet?

Must be a long list of it is taking this long to put it together.
No list, but I just get fed up reading the same negative crap from the same few posters. Examples:

Problem: need a new full back
Solution: club sign Niall Evalds, one of the best in the league
Problem becomes; he’s only signed for 1 year

Problem: injury prone players
Solution: release two and replace with younger players
Problem becomes: we’re only signing other teams rejects

I pity those people as they clearly have no joy in their lives and only like to see the negative side of things.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Jan 2021, 12:35

I don’t know why you let them bother you so much Fumper. If that’s how some people see it then that’s fair play. We can’t and don’t all agree on what is said all the time, people are allowed, within reason, to express what they see/feel/think.

Opinions Fumper, we all have them.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 25 Jan 2021, 13:15

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 13:59 My choice would always to update WR and stay where we are but we know that won’t happen because we don’t have a BOD a CEO or an investor with the funds to do so.

If we do get a new ground and that is where it is muted to be then so be it but like most modern stadia they don’t have the atmosphere of WR and with that the club will lose a lot of why it is what it is.

Sadly the way forward appears to a new ground wherever that maybe.

What I will ask is if we do move then the BOD/CEO think we can make WR a state of the art centre of excellence then where will the funding come from? If that funding is already there, which I doubt, then why it use them to upgrade WR now?
From a purely personal point of view I would much prefer an updated version of the current ground, atmosphere, convenience , emotional attachment and so on.

But from a business perspective I think being built right next to a shopping centre with high footfall is a far better idea, it gives you the potential to open up the bar and restaurant 7 days a week, the chance to shut down your shop in carlton lanes and escape and save the rent from these as you have sufficient footfall at the stadium retail outlet.

We will never have footfall at Wheldon Rd unless there is a game on, that to me seems to be the problem in terms of generating funds other than match days which will never be overcome in the present location.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 25 Jan 2021, 13:18

Fumper27 wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 11:10
Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 14:01 Just looking for a quick update from Fumper......have you got your list of “Fans that want us to fail” yet?

No list, but I just get fed up reading the same negative crap from the same few posters. Examples:

I pity those people as they clearly have no joy in their lives and only like to see the negative side of things.
Dont sweat it Thumper, the world is full of people who love to moan and complain, the term "drainer" springs to mind.

You'll never change them, its a perspective thing, so dont let them grind you down.

I expect your common sense and knowledgeable posts are enjoyed by the silent majority such as I who post infrequently but read often.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Jan 2021, 13:42

westyorkylad wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 13:18
Fumper27 wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 11:10

Dont sweat it Thumper, the world is full of people who love to moan and complain, the term "drainer" springs to mind.

You'll never change them, its a perspective thing, so dont let them grind you down.

I expect your common sense and knowledgeable posts are enjoyed by the silent majority such as I who post infrequently but read often.
Cheers WYL. However, soon to follow will be the “westyorkylad and Fumper27 are the same person”...

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 25 Jan 2021, 15:01

A few years back there was good reason to moan and groan and I did plenty myself as the club was being very badly run. But, even then, when I tried to organise some action, the keyboard warrior remained sat at home, happy to moan but not prepared to do anything about it.

No club is perfect and criticism is sometimes warranted but more often than not, we're getting it right at the moment.

marty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by marty_tiger » 25 Jan 2021, 18:37

Each to their own, but I will wait to pass judgement or complain until at least a ball has been kicked off. A little early for me.
And no one knows what is going on with the ground, so I might as well try and enjoy the on-field stuff until I do.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Jan 2021, 18:44

We at Wakey have/had a similar problem, when we were campaigning for a new ground. SWAG was founded, we were the general dogs bodies, we organised functions, meetings, demonstrations and petitions. Everyone was bullish whilst sat behind a computer but to get them to lend a hand, not a chance, even trying to get them to sign a petition outside Belle vue was a chore, you’d think we were handing them a slice of Covid! Some people love to moan.

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 26 Jan 2021, 00:13

We have no ambition on or off the field
The problem with the ground is somewhere along the line the condition of are ground will have a impact. We need to be putting together a plan b pretty quick. As far as the playing staff since 2017 we have have not moved forward so are position in league as dropped year on year.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 26 Jan 2021, 11:45

true supporter of which team or are you just a key board warrior from over the common ?that is the Q,, :D :D

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 28 Jan 2021, 16:56

When you get the new stadium built, it’s possible you need a plastic pitch installed. Below, is a small section from last week’s reply from Wakefield council Health Improvement Consultation Response
The full report is not happy reading.

Increased and improved facilities for health and fitness in central Wakefield
 Provision to address the needs of older people through increased indoor
facilities
 New stadia development particularly in Wakefield and Castleford
Section 3.3.30 of the Application Site and Proposed Development statement indicates that the playing area will be upgraded and a new 4G artificial pitch will be installed

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 28 Jan 2021, 18:25

Been support for many years.have been through many ups and downs, But the problem with not getting the new ground it will leave us open to the facilities not good enough. And wheldon road must be down at the bottom. The chairman does not seem to want to put any money into the stadium. And when i read the chairmans statement he did not say anything about the new stadium or wheldon road.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 28 Jan 2021, 19:22

True-supporter wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 18:25 Been support for many years.have been through many ups and downs, But the problem with not getting the new ground it will leave us open to the facilities not good enough. And wheldon road must be down at the bottom. The chairman does not seem to want to put any money into the stadium. And when i read the chairmans statement he did not say anything about the new stadium or wheldon road.
Comments removed. You have the wrong person and in addition have posted potentially libelous comments.

Post anything similar again, will result in a ban!

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 18 Apr 2021, 14:08

No response says it all I am afraid maybe hudds tiger as some information on the project

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 18 Apr 2021, 16:12

I noticed all those flags that we're on the supposed development site have disappeared. So I think that's it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Apr 2021, 16:55

at the same time as they took the flags down they laid some bits of concrete road way which apparently keeps the planning permission open for another 5 years. make of that what you want.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Apr 2021, 19:21

lurcher wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 16:55 at the same time as they took the flags down they laid some bits of concrete road way which apparently keeps the planning permission open for another 5 years. make of that what you want.
just a technicality as you alluded to, I could take you to several development sites that I know of with a token foundation in the ground which were poured for the same reason. No doubt our de facto spokesman for all things new stadium, the HuddsTigers would present this as evidence for an imminent start as is his way but in my opinion it’s dead in the water.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 18 Apr 2021, 21:39

Keeps the PP live, and land is more valuable with PP in place. Amendments to that PP for either them or a new buyer would be chicken feed compared to what they could make for housing or warehousing etc.