New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by JIN JER » 02 Feb 2020, 10:58

As biased as I am regarding Trinity I've always thought a sensible option would have been a shared facility in Normy.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 02 Feb 2020, 11:24

There is a perfect plot of land ready to build on for a shared ground just over the road from junction 32 :-"

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 02 Feb 2020, 18:35

Mucky1978 wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 10:31 Sharing a ground would be the best thing for me.
Ground would have been built 5 years ago if Wakey didn't throw the teddies out of the cot when they asked for the council to do a feasibility study on both grounds for a ground share and the council said Glasshoughton.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 03 Feb 2020, 17:51

Went past the supposedly new ground today. Whilst parked up at the lights tried to have a nosey. Could see porta cabins to the left and to the right something caught my eye but still trying to fathom what it was I was looking at. Seemed to be some sort of a stand but to be honest I haven't got a scooby. Thank god the lights went to green my brain couldn't take any more.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 03 Feb 2020, 18:23

Piquad1 wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 17:51 Went past the supposedly new ground today. Whilst parked up at the lights tried to have a nosey. Could see porta cabins to the left and to the right something caught my eye but still trying to fathom what it was I was looking at. Seemed to be some sort of a stand but to be honest I haven't got a scooby. Thank god the lights went to green my brain couldn't take any more.
Could it have been a long weight?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2020, 13:22

Better they let everyone know where we stand so we can get on with other plans if we can to just say nothing and let it drag along is frankly ridiculous
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Feb 2020, 13:25

A wall of silence from Lateral and that silence is deafening. I think those who endlessly protested that this would definitely be happening need to prepare themselves for a major dose of reality and disappointment.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Feb 2020, 13:27

tigerfeat wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 13:22 Better they let everyone know where we stand so we can get on with other plans if we can to just say nothing and let it drag along is frankly ridiculous
Exactly what happened with the Wakey ground and look what happened there. It died and they had to move to a plan B. And that hasn’t happened yet either.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 Feb 2020, 13:38

I wouldn't expect Axiom to rush into saying we've wasted years and hundreds of thousands trying to progress this and will keep their options open for as long as possible in an attempt to make some money.
No doubt those who were optimistic will be slighted by the pessimists.
Being happy on bad outcomes.
Never really got that concept.
Left me with tge occasional egg on my face
But conversely smiling more than frowning.
So what's next?
The unthinkable a ground share?
Realistically I see little alternative.
Only financially viable option.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Feb 2020, 13:51

Might as well face it next time licensing come in next 2-3 years we will be out of super league.
Enjoy it while you can.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Feb 2020, 14:05

Mucky1978 wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 13:51 Might as well face it next time licensing come in next 2-3 years we will be out of super league.
Enjoy it while you can.
Bet your a right laugh at parties!!!
What facts do you base such a claim on??

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Feb 2020, 14:18

I repssume he's working on te principal we won't get the new stadium at Axiom and our current home will be viewed as unacceptable. Not facts but a reasonale piece of guess work.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2020, 14:27

On the face of it Cas can only be seen as a success story over the last 5 or 6 years hotbed of rugby league to get nearly 9,000 speccies including a few hundred pie eaters on a dank winter Friday night couple of weeks ago shows that
The worry for me is this is the RL or super league were talking about and no decision they come to should surprise anybody
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Feb 2020, 14:50

tigerfeat wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 14:27 On the face of it Cas can only be seen as a success story over the last 5 or 6 years hotbed of rugby league to get nearly 9,000 speccies including a few hundred pie eaters on a dank winter Friday night couple of weeks ago shows that
The worry for me is this is the RL or super league were talking about and no decision they come to should surprise anybody
I still wonder about whether we could be thrown out on ground condition if we did some basics.
The key would be if it met health and safety requirements followed by sorting the toilets out properly. If those were done and we kept the current capacity what would be the grounds for throwing us out?
Just to be clear I know a rebuild on the current site is financially unviable and would like to see a new stadium. I’m just questioning whether there is a real risk to our future if it doesn’t happen. I’m not so sure.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 19 Feb 2020, 15:02

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 14:50
tigerfeat wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 14:27 On the face of it Cas can only be seen as a success story over the last 5 or 6 years hotbed of rugby league to get nearly 9,000 speccies including a few hundred pie eaters on a dank winter Friday night couple of weeks ago shows that
I still wonder about whether we could be thrown out on ground condition if we did some basics.
The key would be if it met health and safety requirements followed by sorting the toilets out properly. If those were done and we kept the current capacity what would be the grounds for throwing us out?
Just to be clear I know a rebuild on the current site is financially unviable and would like to see a new stadium. I’m just questioning whether there is a real risk to our future if it doesn’t happen. I’m not so sure.
Wounder what hudds tiger and sirocco7 veiws are now both was in the 100% will get build opinion. Still think I will turn out to be right and the land will be turned in to lateral new housing project

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Feb 2020, 15:12

on side wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 15:02
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 14:50
Wounder what hudds tiger and sirocco7 veiws are now both was in the 100% will get build opinion. Still think I will turn out to be right and the land will be turned in to lateral new housing project
would you buy a house under high voltage power cables and pylons? i'm struggling to think of any houses in the district that have been built in similar surroundings. not saying the scheme will go ahead but they won't build houses there.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2020, 15:48

lurcher wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 15:12

would you buy a house under high voltage power cables and pylons? i'm struggling to think of any houses in the district that have been built in similar surroundings.
Housing estate off Baker Lane Stanley/Outwood built under OHV lines almost grazing the ridge tiles. Also some very nice houses on Chevet Lane

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 Feb 2020, 15:54

As both ours and our neighbours stadium fall way short of the standards of the rest of the league.
Financially the game is probably going backwards.
The next TV deal may reinforce that.
Tv audiences aren't interested in the stadia but the atmosphere is part of the spectacle and attraction.
So we lose our place at the top table.
That would damage the finances of most clubs as we have one of the largest away followings.
Who will bring more to cash register?
What will be will be.
Lets just ruin jin gers Friday night.
Nothing personal (not much)

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2020, 15:54

on side wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 15:02
I was urging the club to have a plan B contingency 10 years ago around the same time as Hudds was assuring everyone that ‘we will be in our new stadium for the start of the 2014 season’ what’s so laughable about that is he was talking about the pipe dream before this present one on the Waystone site!

They said it couldn’t be done, we didn’t have the money or resources yet in that time Fev have developed their ground into what would probably meet whatever criteria the RFL may set or certainly far closer to it than WR.