New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Oldcasman » 13 Mar 2019, 18:49

derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote: On another point, the club also said they have a plan B involving Wheldon Road
Thats interesting, Hudds. There wasn’t any further info regarding this was there?
"IF - If (unlikely) worst case, Plan B is based around WR. Remember tho, SL is separate to RL and focus for SL is attendances and ratings, not facilities first n foremost."
Cheers Hudds. I do think that attendances and facilities do go hand in hand a little though. We won’t grow attendences without improved facilities so it becomes a vicious circle.
I think most people come to see a winning team not the facility’s the way to grow attendances is to create a team capable of winning trophies unfortunately we are still short of 2 or 3 players to do that.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Mar 2019, 18:53

Flat Capper wrote:Latest post in the Wakey stadium thread in Anything RL says WMDC are lending the Pussies 3.15m to buy back and upgrade Belle View. At least we know what plan b will be!
Well that's a surprise last time I asked someone if money could be made available to help Wakefield or cas for that matter that didn't seem high on the agenda WMDC had
Suddenly they have found 3.15 million spare to lend to wakey
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Mar 2019, 19:18

Firstly, I would ask where as the 3 million + come from ? We are about to get our council tax bills in the next few days and I for one am expecting a bit of a hike in price.

Secondly, what are the details of how Wakey will pay back the loan ? What is the timescale ? What if they go into admin' again ?

Thirdly, does anyone else find it strange that just as we are about to have (hopefully) our bit of good news tommorrow the council find over 3 million quid down the back of the sofa for Wakey ? Could it be ten million split 3 ways with us and Fev included ?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Mar 2019, 19:22

Flat Capper wrote:Latest post in the Wakey stadium thread in Anything RL says WMDC are lending the Pussies 3.15m to buy back and upgrade Belle View. At least we know what plan b will be!
I'll be very surprised were that to happen. We have no collateral to borrow this money against, it would be a massive risk in today's economic climate. Could the council buy BV and loan it back to us on a 100yr lease? That way if we defaulted on any payments they could boot us out and sell on the land. My guess and this is an absolute guess, Yorkcourt (boooo) I believe want to build houses on Thornes park, WMDC give them planning permission that they are currently struggling to get. Yorkcourt as a sweetener buy BV from Manni Hussain and donate to WMDC. Or am I just dreaming? :)

Edit....Got that completely wrong, WMDC have loaned Trinity £3.15M! Absolutely shocked by that.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Mar 2019, 20:22

Anybody else think there's something fishy going on here ?
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Mar 2019, 21:59

It gets better when you read this :-

https://mobile.twitter.com/winitycats/s ... 9435323392

Phil Townsend (SWAG) (a.k.a TRB on RLFans.com) eludes to an additional £2 million payout from the council towards the re-development of Belle Vue. He also states that the £3.15 million loan is for the buy-back of the stadium only. Manni Hussain (the current owner) of M88 group as made a royal killing out of this !

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Mar 2019, 00:10

Tigerade wrote:It gets better when you read this :-

Phil Townsend (SWAG) (a.k.a TRB on RLFans.com) eludes to an additional £2 million payout from the council towards the re-development of Belle Vue. He also states that the £3.15 million loan is for the buy-back of the stadium only. Manni Hussain (the current owner) of M88 group as made a royal killing out of this !
I’m sure if Axiom could get £5 million from the council then they would be willing to crack on with our stadium without the extra 15-20% occupancy take-up. Maybe we should start pressurising the council.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 14 Mar 2019, 00:50

The Firm wrote:

I’m sure if Axiom could get £5 million from the council then they would be willing to crack on with our stadium without the extra 15-20% occupancy take-up. Maybe we should start pressurising the council.

I don’t think it’s as simple as that, Axiom do not have the funds at the moment. The full funds will only be released for the whole project once they reach the agreed occupancy levels. As it’s stands lateral do not have the funds . It’s about the long term income the shopping centre will generate from store leases.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Mar 2019, 04:07

The link's not working Tigerade, I've looked on Phils Twitter and can't see anywhere that Trinity are to get an extra £2M towards the refurb, re post the Twitter addy would you? ;)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Mar 2019, 06:21

It says on the Wakefield forum the council have taken out the 3 million plus loan on Wakefields behalf
Seems like a life-line for them but they will have to hope the revamped belle-vue will bring more support in or they could be in trouble
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 Mar 2019, 11:13

The link's not working Tigerade, I've looked on Phils Twitter and can't see anywhere that Trinity are to get an extra £2M towards the refurb, re post the Twitter addy would you? ;)
There's been a few problems on here Jinge with linking web pages. I'll try again here:-

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 14 Mar 2019, 12:39

tigerfeat wrote:It says on the Wakefield forum the council have taken out the 3 million plus loan on Wakefields behalf
Seems like a life-line for them but they will have to hope the revamped belle-vue will bring more support in or they could be in trouble
So what's happened is Wakefield tried to get that loan themselves and were rightly rejected because of the well known history they have of not paying debts and the idiot council have come along and gone "oh we can do that for you but promise you'll pay us back this time!"

What odds would you guys have on them not paying back the council for a 2nd time?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Mar 2019, 12:48

Yeah I doubt wakey would have being able to get the kind of loan they needed or at least not without massive interest on it elections coming up maybe that a factor who knows
Vince Lombardi

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 14 Mar 2019, 13:43

Wakey got 3.5 mil loan and is that why your council tax as gone up 4.2% whilst the NHS service's in the area of Wakefield are being cut

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Mar 2019, 14:08

Tigerade wrote:
There's been a few problems on here Jinge with linking web pages. I'll try again here:-

Still no good Tigerade, thanks for trying.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 14 Mar 2019, 14:22

flood light tiger wrote:Wakey got 3.5 mil loan and is that why your council tax as gone up 4.2% whilst the NHS service's in the area of Wakefield are being cut

This.

I'm not really one for politics but I'm going to be writing a letter to my local councillor over this. Why the hell are they throwing my tax money at a bloody professional sports team?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Mar 2019, 14:36

If it was Cas getting it I think everyone's reaction would be slightly different, however, I would expect Wakefield and Fev fans to be equally annoyed if it was Cas getting it.

It should be open to all or open to none. Simple as. After all the accusations of favouritism from over the t'common towards Peter Box and Cas, I don't see them saying it now.

However, there's only one club in the district that has gained from WMDC. Who got their planning design fees paid for due to WMDC being a guarantor, and when the Trust couldn't pay? (£150k) WMDC. Who's now giving a loan to Wakefield? WMDC.

Not to mention their involvement 20 or so years ago when Wakey had financial issues.

Where was our offer of planning fees paid for? Oh, we didn't get one - instead we had to sell Joe Westerman for £115k. Where's our loan? Oh wait, we don't get one.

The inconsistency is a joke.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 14 Mar 2019, 14:41

IF THIS IS TRUE ITS A BLOODY DISGRACE, THIS GROUND HAS BEEN PURCHASED FOR WAKEFIELD TRINITY 4 TIMES NOW AND ENDED UP BEING GIVEN BACK TO THESE SCROUNGING TURDS FOR VIRTUALLY NOTHING BY THIS COUNCIL, I AM FUMING!!! THIS TOWNSEND FELLA ALWAYS SAYS THAT THEY'VE NEVER BEEN HELPED OUT BY THE COUNCIL, HE MUST BE ON MIND ALTERING DRUGS!! ... THEY DONT HAVE A POT TO P IN AND YET HERE THEY ARE GETTING BAILED OUT YET AGAIN, WE ACT PRUDENTLY AND TRADE WITHIN OUR MEANS AND WE GET BUGGER ALL!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WAKEY FANS LIKE THIS TOWNSEND MORON AND THAT FELINE WOMAN ON TWITTER/FACEBOOK WHINE ALL THE TIME ABOUT HOW CORRUPT THE COUNCIL IS AND THAT BOX IS A CAS FAN BLAH BLAH BLAH....... THIS NEWS IS SICKENING!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Mar 2019, 14:58

Wakefield arnt suddenly winners there's a lot of ins and outs to there situation the winners are the 88m group or whatever there called who will be making fortunes out of this
And Carter is also a winner in my book for getting the club in the position there in at this moment in time you could have had long odds in my book he would have achieved what he has when he took over
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Mar 2019, 15:02

Tigerwood posse wrote:

IF THIS IS TRUE ITS A BLOODY DISGRACE, THIS GROUND HAS BEEN PURCHASED FOR WAKEFIELD TRINITY 4 TIMES NOW AND ENDED UP BEING GIVEN BACK TO THESE SCROUNGING TURDS FOR VIRTUALLY NOTHING BY THIS COUNCIL, I AM FUMING!!! THIS TOWNSEND FELLA ALWAYS SAYS THAT THEY'VE NEVER BEEN HELPED OUT BY THE COUNCIL, HE MUST BE ON MIND ALTERING DRUGS!! ... THEY DONT HAVE A POT TO P IN AND YET HERE THEY ARE GETTING BAILED OUT YET AGAIN, WE ACT PRUDENTLY AND TRADE WITHIN OUR MEANS AND WE GET BUGGER ALL!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WAKEY FANS LIKE THIS TOWNSEND MORON AND THAT FELINE WOMAN ON TWITTER/FACEBOOK WHINE ALL THE TIME ABOUT HOW CORRUPT THE COUNCIL IS AND THAT BOX IS A CAS FAN BLAH BLAH BLAH....... THIS NEWS IS SICKENING!!!
Yet most people in cas will still vote labour council blind next council election