New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by lurcher » 15 Jul 2020, 20:10

HuddsTigers wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 17:56 Having done a quick bit of digging, the P+C article is missing a few key details or isn't entirely correct.

Firstly, Axiom aren't asking for the conditions scrapping. They are asking for a phased discharge to allow things to go ahead earlier than waiting, with a full discharge down the line.

Full title is: Non-material amendment to vary the wording of conditions 18, 34, 36, 40 and 54 of approved planning application reference 16/01544/FUL [dated 8 December 2016 and which varied retail conditions imposed upon the original outline consent for a mixed use development comprising retail accommodation, sports stadium, country park and associated works] to permit a phased discharge of the conditions and thereby allow development to commence prior to the full discharge of these conditions. 

Presumably this means they can start progressing on site and discharge as they go rather than having to submit, wait, submit, wait etc.

The second detail omitted is the the above title clearly states to allow development to commence.

And the final bit excluded, which would have been worth waiting for, is some submitted documentation and the covering letter to the application, which hasn't been added yet. Just the application form. Waiting would have added a bit more meat to the bones.

One final comment from a development side is that their PR is not good. This is the biggest development in the area for a number of years, if not a couple of decades since Xscape was built. You'd think having the basics of replying to journalists, even if just to say that there's no comment at this time, wouldn't hurt.

Given the extensive public interest in this project and the eyeballs on this project, you think keeping, maintaining and sustaining interest as well as doing everything to show off the project would be pursued.
wonder if this is linked to all the complaints from dog walkers on spittal hardwick lane. they have walked their dogs on the land for years but now all the entrance points have been blocked off.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Jul 2020, 20:35

its great to read all rhe input trom our fans, but myself seeing how things are at the present time Weldon Rd is were we will be for a number of years

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 16 Jul 2020, 11:08

We need to move on or we could loose everything. We should be looking at upgrading wheldon road?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Jul 2020, 11:15

We all know that but where does the money to do so come from? Especially given the worse economic times on record are about to hit the whole world.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jul 2020, 11:27

True-supporter wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 11:08 We need to move on or we could loose everything. We should be looking at upgrading wheldon road?
I think someone said a bit back there was only two things needed doing to pass the certificate each year one was making the away changing rooms bigger can't find the post to see what the other one was
Were not going to knock everything down and build a new ground if we can do bits to keep improving things like I tried to make the point Featherstone had done...given the financial Times were about to encounter we should be ok while hoping the new ground may still get built... that's what I would be doing anyway
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Jul 2020, 11:50

it was me that said it mate. bigger away dressing room and 250 extra seats. that came from jon wells.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 16 Jul 2020, 12:30

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 11:27
True-supporter wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 11:08 We need to move on or we could loose everything. We should be looking at upgrading wheldon road?
I think someone said a bit back there was only two things needed doing to pass the certificate each year one was making the away changing rooms bigger can't find the post to see what the other one was
Were not going to knock everything down and build a new ground if we can do bits to keep improving things like I tried to make the point Featherstone had done...given the financial Times were about to encounter we should be ok while hoping the new ground may still get built... that's what I would be doing anyway
This would only give us the bare minimum to comply with the current
SL stadia standards.

In this modern day, stadia now need to be raising revenue 365 days a year.
The whole purpose of the new ground was to raise revenue. Operating not only on match days, but opening up to year round corporate, hospitality, rental and other services, as well as increasing match day revenue.

Other clubs have increased their capacity greatly to exploit non-rugby income.
The wealth gap will only increase if things stay the same.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jul 2020, 13:06

Yes I know it's not ideal but would keep us in super league I would imagine for the short term
If a ground dosnt get built for us for nothing which I honestly can't see now what more can we do where are we going to get the money to do owt else
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TonyM
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TonyM » 16 Jul 2020, 13:39

I love our ground. Love the rawness of it. Love what it stands for. Love the history that's contained within it. I appreciate we have to "move with the times", but I'll keep loving it whilst I can. Tony

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 16 Jul 2020, 21:28

Me too Tony. Anything other than walking down't lane for a home game just wouldn't seem rate. I know we need to improve WR if we want to stay, but surely it'd be worth it. Maybe knock down and rebuild the seating stand so as to have the required number of seats and better hospitality. This would in turn sort out the dressing rooms. Get rid of the asbestos (easier said than done) sheeting round the rest of the ground. Improve the toilets, which seem to be a talking point, and the pitch speaks for itself. Sure it'll cost a few bob, but if the club is as passionate as most of us fans, I'm sure it can be done, and we can continue to walk down't lane for our fix of the greatest game 🏉🐯 COYF

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Jul 2020, 23:31

Casmania wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 12:30
SL stadia standards.

The whole purpose of the new ground was to raise revenue. Operating not only on match days, but opening up to year round corporate, hospitality, rental and other services, as well as increasing match day revenue.

i know what you're saying mate and although no one saw this pandemic coming look how its left rhinos investment. check out shenny's latest interview about it and he says how lucky we are. rhino's are in massive financial trouble now.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 16 Jul 2020, 23:57

lurcher wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 23:31
SL stadia standards.

i know what you're saying mate and although no one saw this pandemic coming look how its left rhinos investment. check out shenny's latest interview about it and he says how lucky we are. rhino's are in massive financial trouble now.
The Rhino's have lost projected income, the business model will be altered to suit and it will take longer to recoup the outlay.
The point is that sporting clubs (not just rugby) have had to adapt to become a 365 day a year business. That is why the emphasis now is on multi purpose use stadia where additional revenue can be generated. Those who have such facilities will be far better placed than those who don't.
The tagline for the proposed new stadium was 'To thrive, not survive' as income levels will be much higher.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Jul 2020, 00:05

Casmania wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 23:57
lurcher wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 23:31
SL stadia standards.

The Rhino's have lost projected income, the business model will be altered to suit and it will take longer to recoup the outlay.
The point is that sporting clubs (not just rugby) have had to adapt to become a 365 day a year business. That is why the emphasis now is on multi purpose use stadia where additional revenue can be generated. Those who have such facilities will be far better placed than those who don't.
The tagline for the proposed new stadium was 'To thrive, not survive' as income levels will be much higher.
It’s not just a case of realigning the business model and everything is fine.
Rhinos have creditors commitments which can’t just be shoved under the pillow 😂
Audacter Et Sincere

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 17 Jul 2020, 01:52

Fumper27 wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 11:15 We all know that but where does the money to do so come from? Especially given the worse economic times on record are about to hit the whole world.
The money should come from the owner, at the end of the day he owns the club and if any profit did happen to come the clubs way It would be his especially if the new stadium were to go ahead which in my opinion is dead in the water so he should either put the ground in order or let someone come into the club that’s prepared to,But that’s just my opinion

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jul 2020, 09:57

Oldcasman wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 01:52
Fumper27 wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 11:15 We all know that but where does the money to do so come from? Especially given the worse economic times on record are about to hit the whole world.
The money should come from the owner, at the end of the day he owns the club and if any profit did happen to come the clubs way It would be his especially if the new stadium were to go ahead which in my opinion is dead in the water so he should either put the ground in order or let someone come into the club that’s prepared to,But that’s just my opinion
I agree mate. But I don’t think Ian has the same love for Cas RLFC his parents open did.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Aug 2020, 22:30

The latest application has been approved. The Case Officer Report states that the application was submitted and proposed to implement the planning permission by starting on 'the foundations of anchor retail unit 1'.

'It is therefore proposed to make minor changes to the wording of these conditions to allow the planning permission to be implemented prior to the discharge of these pre-commencement conditions'.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 12 Aug 2020, 22:37

New ground no chance in the current conditions.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Aug 2020, 22:42

Not fluent in planning speak or BS
However no one is going to commit to a multi million pound development in the face of the biggest recession the country has ever faced.
New Ground, franchise and all the old spectres fade into insignificance.
Survival is the number one objective.
COYF

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 12 Aug 2020, 23:00

Well If Cas couldnt make it happen before Covid no chance now. Which is what I was saying ????

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 12 Aug 2020, 23:03

We need to face that it will never happen, businesses are laying workers off left right and centre, stores closing everywhere and this will just be the start of it.
🐯 COYF!