New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by mart0042 » 28 Oct 2020, 11:04

sirocco7 wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 08:56 They have installed one concrete foundation block for the shopping centre. This is so that the planning permission does not expire and is executed.

Text taken below is from the Wakefield council planning portal.

“Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness to confirm that the excavation of foundation trenches and pouring of concrete to begin erection of foundations comprises the lawful commencement of development of Planning Permission reference 16/01544/FUL dated 8 December 2016 (for a mixed-use development comprising the erection of a 10,000 capacity community stadium (Use Class D2), Class A1 retail uses (up to 53,093sqm), Class A3 food and drink uses, a petrol filling station comprising sales kiosk building (Use Class A1) with associated fuel pump islands and fuel pumps, a country park (Sui Generis), highways improvements and alterations, car parking, servicing areas and extensive hard and soft landscaping) Open for comment icon
Park Road/M62/Stainburn Avenue/Spittal Hardwick Lane (Land At) Castleford
Ref. No: 20/02122/CPE | Received: Fri 25 Sep 2020 | Validated: Mon 28 Sep 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision“
Staying positive, its one step closer, a small one, but closer.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Oct 2020, 11:09

I had a look when we went by on Monday all I could see was that lots of topsoils had been removed but at least something had happened

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 28 Oct 2020, 18:43

As sirocco says this is just to prevent the planning permission from expiring. PP normally lasts for 3 years from being granted and that would run out for the proposed development in January.

If work was really starting do you not think they'd be shouting from the rooftops?

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 29 Oct 2020, 02:07

Digger Dave wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 18:43 As sirocco says this is just to prevent the planning permission from expiring. PP normally lasts for 3 years from being granted and that would run out for the proposed development in January.

If work was really starting do you not think they'd be shouting from the rooftops?
Exactly this. It could be a good sign in that they are still confident it will go ahead. Conversely it also means the with planning permission remaining in place the land retains it’s maximum value if they want to sell it on.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Oct 2020, 10:26

I will gladly eat humble pie for a week if a ground starts to be built ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 29 Oct 2020, 10:30

The Firm wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 02:07
Digger Dave wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 18:43 As sirocco says this is just to prevent the planning permission from expiring. PP normally lasts for 3 years from being granted and that would run out for the proposed development in January.

Exactly this. It could be a good sign in that they are still confident it will go ahead. Conversely it also means the with planning permission remaining in place the land retains it’s maximum value if they want to sell it on.
Not previously commented on this topic but always wanted to see the development go ahead, but had almost given up on it ever happening. I get the feeling that if coVID hadn't of happened, the general demise of the retail sector would most definitely have put pay to our new stadium dreams. However, the CoVID situation we are in could actually raise the odds of the development going ahead. When, eventually, the CoVID situation is confirmed as being under control with normality returning, the massive business void created during the crisis due to all areas of the retail and hospitality sector going into decline is going to drive a period of growth and increased employment which is surely going to be supported by politicians from all sides. Just to say that I am more confident of the development going ahead more than any other time in the last 12 months. :pray: :pray:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Oct 2020, 10:38

Brummietiger wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 10:30
The Firm wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 02:07

Not previously commented on this topic but always wanted to see the development go ahead, but had almost given up on it ever happening. I get the feeling that if coVID hadn't of happened, the general demise of the retail sector would most definitely have put pay to our new stadium dreams. However, the CoVID situation we are in could actually raise the odds of the development going ahead. When, eventually, the CoVID situation is confirmed as being under control with normality returning, the massive business void created during the crisis due to all areas of the retail and hospitality sector going into decline is going to drive a period of growth and increased employment which is surely going to be supported by politicians from all sides. Just to say that I am more confident of the development going ahead more than any other time in the last 12 months. :pray: :pray:
I think that's a fair point mate I read yesterday a hotel chain were about to start building 12 new hotels at a time when the hotel industry is on its knees in anticipation of better times ahead next year ...
Vince Lombardi

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 29 Oct 2020, 11:46

I think that's a fair point mate I read yesterday a hotel chain were about to start building 12 new hotels at a time when the hotel industry is on its knees in anticipation of better times ahead next year ...
[/quote]
During my time in the automotive design industry it was always thought the best time for development of new products was during a recession or slump........would like to think this project will commence but....... :-k

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 29 Oct 2020, 12:02

I won't hold my breath in anticipation.

Delboy66
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @ayeofthetigers

Post by Delboy66 » 29 Oct 2020, 12:11

Be nice to see the two bricks I bought finally up in a wall as promised ,Do bricks go up in value over time 🤔🤔😁😁

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Oct 2020, 14:51

Delboy66 wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 12:11 Be nice to see the two bricks I bought finally up in a wall as promised ,Do bricks go up in value over time 🤔🤔😁😁
that's four bricks with the two I bought we are on our way

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 29 Oct 2020, 15:28

Time to move on ladies and Gents.
The fact that nobody can even get them on the phone tells you all that its not happening.

However a large pot of money is heading to Castleford via the town growth fund and Wheldon road and the river corridor will actually be a place to be.

Its time the club via WMDC moved on and looked at other funding sources they can tap into.

To add to this MY VIEW is also if Ian F and family want out they should formally put the club up for sale and see what comes of it.
We need to move on.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

Classycas62

Post by Classycas62 » 29 Oct 2020, 15:39

Robbo wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 15:28 Time to move on ladies and Gents.
The fact that nobody can even get them on the phone tells you all that its not happening.

However a large pot of money is heading to Castleford via the town growth fund and Wheldon road and the river corridor will actually be a place to be.

Its time the club via WMDC moved on and looked at other funding sources they can tap into.

To add to this MY VIEW is also if Ian F and family want out they should formally put the club up for sale and see what comes of it.
We need to move on.

Robbo
I agree with all your comments

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Oct 2020, 18:13

if what your suggesting is true Robbo, then lets hope the money is enough to build a new main stand & move the railway end back so we can have a ground the right size.

as for Mr Fulton non of us know what he wants but it would be nice if someone with the club at heart took control one way or the other. ?

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 30 Oct 2020, 09:19

I can't quite remember what the development plans were for the Wheldon road area, I think the plans were in the P&C Express a while ago.

How long would it take to clear up the old Hickson site? That would be the main concern for me, but the centre of town is crying out for a pleasant area to spend hours in a leisure sense.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 30 Oct 2020, 13:09

I know plenty of people who worked at Hicksons in the 70s, 80s and 90s and all have said they'd never buy a property on that site! (Those that are still around and haven't departed us - too early in many cases, I'm sorry to say)

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 30 Oct 2020, 16:37

duke street 10 wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 09:19 I can't quite remember what the development plans were for the Wheldon road area, I think the plans were in the P&C Express a while ago.

How long would it take to clear up the old Hickson site? That would be the main concern for me, but the centre of town is crying out for a pleasant area to spend hours in a leisure sense.

In 2011 Cas were in brief dialogue with Aeturnum Capital (the owners of Ex Hicksons site) with respect to options for selling WR. An initial environmental survey showed the land wasn't as contaminated as expected. A full survey including drilling many bore holes, multiple soil sampling and other tests was then undertaken. This again showed contamination was less than expected. Some contaminates had degraded and any remaining could be easily contained.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Oct 2020, 17:32

Casmania wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 16:37
duke street 10 wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 09:19 I can't quite remember what the development plans were for the Wheldon road area, I think the plans were in the P&C Express a while ago.

In 2011 Cas were in brief dialogue with Aeturnum Capital (the owners of Ex Hicksons site) with respect to options for selling WR. An initial environmental survey showed the land wasn't as contaminated as expected. A full survey including drilling many bore holes, multiple soil sampling and other tests was then undertaken. This again showed contamination was less than expected. Some contaminates had degraded and any remaining could be easily contained.
I was at a talk given by the guy I can't remember his name who worked for Hicksons before it shut down he talked about the history of the site all the explosions and life's that had been lost...how the owners of the site at the time of the first world war helped the war effort with the production of sulphur
He said parts of the site were still contaminated and you wouldn't want to be digging too far down at those points !
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Oct 2020, 20:59

Planning applications have been submitted for the old Nestle site to flatten the old Railway embankment and for the building of residential houses on there.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!