New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jan 2021, 11:00

I have never known supposed “supporters” of a club take as much joy out of something NOT happening that would benefit the club for years to come, than ours.

I’ve just watched the documentary on Amazon Prime about Tottenham Hotspur and their chairman says they started planning for their new ground in 2001, moving into it about April 2018...

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 22 Jan 2021, 11:07

Fumper27 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 11:00 I have never known supposed “supporters” of a club take as much joy out of something NOT happening that would benefit the club for years to come, than ours.

I’ve just watched the documentary on Amazon Prime about Tottenham Hotspur and their chairman says they started planning for their new ground in 2001, moving into it about April 2018...
Difference between Tottenham ground was self funding mainly with 20% help from nfl. Not a false offer off a total free ground. You no what they say if it seems to good to be true it ussally is not.Theys now way take any joy once again we being conned useing cas as a levage to get land we desperately need to concentrate on developing Wheldon Road are only option now. I do get joy prove in the know it alls on here who was, wrong trying to convince people it was definitely happen and rubbish in any body who said it wunt.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Jan 2021, 11:18

Fumper27 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 11:00 I have never known supposed “supporters” of a club take as much joy out of something NOT happening that would benefit the club for years to come, than ours.
Spot on.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Jan 2021, 11:29

I've been nothing but optimistic on this project. Things have gone wrong, like brexit and covid, which aren't in our hands to deal with.

I do think we'll get something out of it. Lateral have invested millions so far and can only build and open their project after they hand over the keys to the agreed stadium. That's according to the agreement and agreed by all parties. Its non negotiable.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jan 2021, 11:35

mart0042 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 11:18
Spot on.
I'd be happiest man in Cas if we got a new ground built I just don't want us to hang on to a belief for years to come like we have in the past that it will happen and not do all we could to improve Wheldon Road which is likely IMO were we will end up staying
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 22 Jan 2021, 11:40

mart0042 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 11:29 I've been nothing but optimistic on this project. Things have gone wrong, like brexit and covid, which aren't in our hands to deal with.

I do think we'll get something out of it. Lateral have invested millions so far and can only build and open their project after they hand over the keys to the agreed stadium. That's according to the agreement and agreed by all parties. Its non negotiable.
That's easy to get out off just sell the land to another company under a, different name the agreement probaly only lasted so many years on the land any way. One off lateral main lines is building houses

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jan 2021, 11:44

mart0042 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 11:18
Spot on.
I don’t think fans are joyous because it looks like the stadium looks to be a white elephant.
It’s the fans who have been saying for what..... near 20yrs this won’t happen. Saying told you so.

My personal view is and always has been it won’t happen in my life time.

It’s going to take a massive up turn in the country getting back on its feet and getting Covid under control.

This could take years and years.
A stadium will be way back of the queue.

I think that ship as sailed.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Jan 2021, 12:15

Regarding fans, all clubs have the sort of fans that appear to want everything to fail, I think it’s a case of “I told you so”, we all have them. I feel your pain with the ground, it’s well documented how we got royally shafted, I thought (enviously) a few years since that your ground would be built, but.......Along came Brexit, which appeared to slow everything building wise which was pretty devastating, little did we know that Covid would come along, this sadly for you hammered the nail well and truly into the coffin. Onwards and upwards.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 22 Jan 2021, 16:20

The fact that lateral executed the planning permission in September by installing the one of the concrete footings would suggest to me they haven’t given up just yet and they are simply biding there time. Don’t get me wrong i don’t think it will be happening anytime soon but when the world recovers from this god awful pandemic and it will, Lateral can go full steam ahead to deliver this project.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 Jan 2021, 18:43

on side wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 11:07

Difference between Tottenham ground was self funding mainly with 20% help from nfl. Not a false offer off a total free ground. You no what they say if it seems to good to be true it ussally is not.Theys now way take any joy once again we being conned useing cas as a levage to get land we desperately need to concentrate on developing Wheldon Road are only option now. I do get joy prove in the know it alls on here who was, wrong trying to convince people it was definitely happen and rubbish in any body who said it wunt.
Comedy gold.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Jan 2021, 19:07

Fumper, do you want to give us the names of these “Fans that want the club to fail” then seeing how you appear to know?

I have never ever wanted the club to fail, far from it. I also don’t know of anyone else that does. Can’t say I have ever seen anyone post the words “I hope the clubs fails” on here either.

Be interesting to know who these “Fans” are. Over to you Fumper?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jan 2021, 19:08

Absolutely

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 22 Jan 2021, 19:10

SuffolkTiger wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 18:43
on side wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 11:07

Comedy gold.
Omfg. Is there any of that the queens English?

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 22 Jan 2021, 19:35

Queens English!! WT☆ is that coming from someone who resides (I presume by the name) from south of Gods own where they call each other duck! So, ere tha guz old pecker. The club is in a old mining town in (God rest it's soul 🙏) Gods own county and vis is ow its sed, so lump it or mooov over't county line and we might let thu in, if vas lucky... 💪👌👊

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 22 Jan 2021, 19:39

On a more serious note, let's do the old girl up a bit, paint, toilets etc, give us sens a date for new ground completion, and if nowt happens then concentrate on the old girl downt lane.. 🙏🐯👊💪COYF

Al letuknow1

Post by Al letuknow1 » 22 Jan 2021, 20:46

Tigers1926 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 19:35 Queens English!! WT☆ is that coming from someone who resides (I presume by the name) from south of Gods own where they call each other duck! So, ere tha guz old pecker. The club is in a old mining town in (God rest it's soul 🙏) Gods own county and vis is ow its sed, so lump it or mooov over't county line and we might let thu in, if vas lucky... 💪👌👊
Too right, it’s the same people having a go at the guy called on side all the time. It’s a discussion forum not an exam😂😂

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Jan 2021, 21:44

Let's be honest we all want to be right.
This topic has certainly divided opinion and polarised people.
I firmly believe that in the beginning we were destined to have a new ground although in my heart l also longed to stay at Wheldon Road.
The shortcomings of the ground,
It facilities and the lack of commercial attraction are without a doubt reminder of yesteryear.
Like they say nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
I can't for one minute we were led up the garden path.
The amount of money and energy expended was done with an eye for profit otherwise they would not have agreed to the stadium.
Brexit, the increasing popularity of online shopping and of course a pandemic have left the commercial landscape very different.
So l believed we would get a new ground but would mourn the old.
Now if people choose to call me niave so be it.
I've been called worse.
I like being an optimist if l am right it's so pleasant.
Being a pessimist well smug but unhappy if your right.
Unhappy about something good if your wrong.
Bit of a no win situation.
At the moment I would settle for watching a game on the local park.
So if this pandemic has not made people re evaluate what is and isn't important without failing out, calling names and so on we haven't learned a great deal.
Stay safe and hopefully we will get to watch our beloved Cas in our delapidated ground.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 22 Jan 2021, 22:13

Al letuknow1 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 20:46
Tigers1926 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 19:35 Queens English!! WT☆ is that coming from someone who resides (I presume by the name) from south of Gods own where they call each other duck! So, ere tha guz old pecker. The club is in a old mining town in (God rest it's soul 🙏) Gods own county and vis is ow its sed, so lump it or mooov over't county line and we might let thu in, if vas lucky... 💪👌👊
Too right, it’s the same people having a go at the guy called on side all the time. It’s a discussion forum not an exam😂😂
It's fine lol you will find certain people on here who are proved wrong go on the attack having go at people's spelling or any thing else not to do we the post. Proper key board warriors now way would they have balls to say it to you face that's for sure. :lol: :lol: suffork tiger feels brave all them miles away 😂

Al letuknow1

Post by Al letuknow1 » 22 Jan 2021, 22:13

casjunction wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 21:44 Let's be honest we all want to be right.
This topic has certainly divided opinion and polarised people.
I firmly believe that in the beginning we were destined to have a new ground although in my heart l also longed to stay at Wheldon Road.
The shortcomings of the ground,
It facilities and the lack of commercial attraction are without a doubt reminder of yesteryear.
Like they say nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
I can't for one minute we were led up the garden path.
The amount of money and energy expended was done with an eye for profit otherwise they would not have agreed to the stadium.
Brexit, the increasing popularity of online shopping and of course a pandemic have left the commercial landscape very different.
So l believed we would get a new ground but would mourn the old.
Now if people choose to call me niave so be it.
I've been called worse.
I like being an optimist if l am right it's so pleasant.
Being a pessimist well smug but unhappy if your right.
Unhappy about something good if your wrong.
Bit of a no win situation.
At the moment I would settle for watching a game on the local park.
So if this pandemic has not made people re evaluate what is and isn't important without failing out, calling names and so on we haven't learned a great deal.
Stay safe and hopefully we will get to watch our beloved Cas in our delapidated ground.
Totally agree with that👍

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Jan 2021, 18:00

on side wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 22:13
Al letuknow1 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 20:46
It's fine lol you will find certain people on here who are proved wrong go on the attack having go at people's spelling or any thing else not to do we the post. Proper key board warriors now way would they have balls to say it to you face that's for sure. :lol: :lol: suffork tiger feels brave all them miles away 😂
Oh dear. Back in the playground at break time again.

Probably more to do with what got you banned previously under different names - the sometimes unpleasant and aggressive content of your posts - as opposed to spelling or grammar.

My measure of what's acceptable to post is if my daughter would be uncomfortable reading any content then it shouldn't be posted on a public forum that is used by people of all age groups and creeds. Maybe try something similar so not to cause offence.

In a similar vein - I don't post anything I would be uncomfortable saying to someone in person.