New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Al letuknow1

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Al letuknow1 » 22 Jan 2021, 20:46

Tigers1926 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 19:35 Queens English!! WT☆ is that coming from someone who resides (I presume by the name) from south of Gods own where they call each other duck! So, ere tha guz old pecker. The club is in a old mining town in (God rest it's soul 🙏) Gods own county and vis is ow its sed, so lump it or mooov over't county line and we might let thu in, if vas lucky... 💪👌👊
Too right, it’s the same people having a go at the guy called on side all the time. It’s a discussion forum not an exam😂😂

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Jan 2021, 21:44

Let's be honest we all want to be right.
This topic has certainly divided opinion and polarised people.
I firmly believe that in the beginning we were destined to have a new ground although in my heart l also longed to stay at Wheldon Road.
The shortcomings of the ground,
It facilities and the lack of commercial attraction are without a doubt reminder of yesteryear.
Like they say nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
I can't for one minute we were led up the garden path.
The amount of money and energy expended was done with an eye for profit otherwise they would not have agreed to the stadium.
Brexit, the increasing popularity of online shopping and of course a pandemic have left the commercial landscape very different.
So l believed we would get a new ground but would mourn the old.
Now if people choose to call me niave so be it.
I've been called worse.
I like being an optimist if l am right it's so pleasant.
Being a pessimist well smug but unhappy if your right.
Unhappy about something good if your wrong.
Bit of a no win situation.
At the moment I would settle for watching a game on the local park.
So if this pandemic has not made people re evaluate what is and isn't important without failing out, calling names and so on we haven't learned a great deal.
Stay safe and hopefully we will get to watch our beloved Cas in our delapidated ground.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 22 Jan 2021, 22:13

Al letuknow1 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 20:46
Tigers1926 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 19:35 Queens English!! WT☆ is that coming from someone who resides (I presume by the name) from south of Gods own where they call each other duck! So, ere tha guz old pecker. The club is in a old mining town in (God rest it's soul 🙏) Gods own county and vis is ow its sed, so lump it or mooov over't county line and we might let thu in, if vas lucky... 💪👌👊
Too right, it’s the same people having a go at the guy called on side all the time. It’s a discussion forum not an exam😂😂
It's fine lol you will find certain people on here who are proved wrong go on the attack having go at people's spelling or any thing else not to do we the post. Proper key board warriors now way would they have balls to say it to you face that's for sure. :lol: :lol: suffork tiger feels brave all them miles away 😂

Al letuknow1

Post by Al letuknow1 » 22 Jan 2021, 22:13

casjunction wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 21:44 Let's be honest we all want to be right.
This topic has certainly divided opinion and polarised people.
I firmly believe that in the beginning we were destined to have a new ground although in my heart l also longed to stay at Wheldon Road.
The shortcomings of the ground,
It facilities and the lack of commercial attraction are without a doubt reminder of yesteryear.
Like they say nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
I can't for one minute we were led up the garden path.
The amount of money and energy expended was done with an eye for profit otherwise they would not have agreed to the stadium.
Brexit, the increasing popularity of online shopping and of course a pandemic have left the commercial landscape very different.
So l believed we would get a new ground but would mourn the old.
Now if people choose to call me niave so be it.
I've been called worse.
I like being an optimist if l am right it's so pleasant.
Being a pessimist well smug but unhappy if your right.
Unhappy about something good if your wrong.
Bit of a no win situation.
At the moment I would settle for watching a game on the local park.
So if this pandemic has not made people re evaluate what is and isn't important without failing out, calling names and so on we haven't learned a great deal.
Stay safe and hopefully we will get to watch our beloved Cas in our delapidated ground.
Totally agree with that👍

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Jan 2021, 18:00

on side wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 22:13
Al letuknow1 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 20:46
It's fine lol you will find certain people on here who are proved wrong go on the attack having go at people's spelling or any thing else not to do we the post. Proper key board warriors now way would they have balls to say it to you face that's for sure. :lol: :lol: suffork tiger feels brave all them miles away 😂
Oh dear. Back in the playground at break time again.

Probably more to do with what got you banned previously under different names - the sometimes unpleasant and aggressive content of your posts - as opposed to spelling or grammar.

My measure of what's acceptable to post is if my daughter would be uncomfortable reading any content then it shouldn't be posted on a public forum that is used by people of all age groups and creeds. Maybe try something similar so not to cause offence.

In a similar vein - I don't post anything I would be uncomfortable saying to someone in person.

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 23 Jan 2021, 18:02

Cas born and bred but saw the light and moved. And no thanks whether you let me in or not I'll pass thanks

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 23 Jan 2021, 18:06

What light was that Derbyshire?

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 23 Jan 2021, 18:07

What light was that Derbyshire?

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 23 Jan 2021, 18:19

Wooooaaaaaa, let's hold the bus! It's a forum, a rugby league clubs forum. There's gonna be some who come with some Informative posts, some with funny or let's call em less serious posts and there are some who will do both or even some I haven't mentioned type of posts, but let's not get up tight about it. I know some people are feeling what's going on more than others, so let's not get too hooked up on what someone might post. We're all missing our rugby and particularly on this forum missing the Tigers especially downt lane, so let's all take a chill pill, me included, and try not taking stuff quiet as seriously, after all the stuff put on by a keyboard does not represent how and what tone it may have come out of the gob. COYF 🐯🙏

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Post by Adam » 23 Jan 2021, 18:47

[[This thread is going a little off-topic. Let’s divert it back to the original subject, please]]

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 23 Jan 2021, 18:59

No worries Adam. COYF

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 24 Jan 2021, 10:09

Who knows what will happen once this pandemic is behind us, Axiom will still be hoping return on their investment and the best way for that to happen, is for a development of sorts to go ahead, whether it's anything like the plans we've all been a party to, or something very different, but at least we know that as things stand, our new ground would have to be built before any development can go ahead.
Danny Boy

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Jan 2021, 13:59

My choice would always to update WR and stay where we are but we know that won’t happen because we don’t have a BOD a CEO or an investor with the funds to do so.

If we do get a new ground and that is where it is muted to be then so be it but like most modern stadia they don’t have the atmosphere of WR and with that the club will lose a lot of why it is what it is.

Sadly the way forward appears to a new ground wherever that maybe.

What I will ask is if we do move then the BOD/CEO think we can make WR a state of the art centre of excellence then where will the funding come from? If that funding is already there, which I doubt, then why it use them to upgrade WR now?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Jan 2021, 14:01

Just looking for a quick update from Fumper......have you got your list of “Fans that want us to fail” yet?

Must be a long list of it is taking this long to put it together.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jan 2021, 08:59

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 13:59 My choice would always to update WR and stay where we are but we know that won’t happen because we don’t have a BOD a CEO or an investor with the funds to do so.

If we do get a new ground and that is where it is muted to be then so be it but like most modern stadia they don’t have the atmosphere of WR and with that the club will lose a lot of why it is what it is.

What I will ask is if we do move then the BOD/CEO think we can make WR a state of the art centre of excellence then where will the funding come from? If that funding is already there, which I doubt, then why it use them to upgrade WR now?
I agree on the atmosphere down lane when it's packed best in League and many away supporters I've talked to say it's there favourite away day
I'd still trade that for a new ground tho simply because I think teams will have to have one at some point to stay in super league tho that might be some way off now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Jan 2021, 11:10

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 14:01 Just looking for a quick update from Fumper......have you got your list of “Fans that want us to fail” yet?

No list, but I just get fed up reading the same negative crap from the same few posters. Examples:

Problem: need a new full back
Solution: club sign Niall Evalds, one of the best in the league
Problem becomes; he’s only signed for 1 year

Problem: injury prone players
Solution: release two and replace with younger players
Problem becomes: we’re only signing other teams rejects

I pity those people as they clearly have no joy in their lives and only like to see the negative side of things.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Jan 2021, 12:35

I don’t know why you let them bother you so much Fumper. If that’s how some people see it then that’s fair play. We can’t and don’t all agree on what is said all the time, people are allowed, within reason, to express what they see/feel/think.

Opinions Fumper, we all have them.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 25 Jan 2021, 13:15

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 13:59 My choice would always to update WR and stay where we are but we know that won’t happen because we don’t have a BOD a CEO or an investor with the funds to do so.

From a purely personal point of view I would much prefer an updated version of the current ground, atmosphere, convenience , emotional attachment and so on.

But from a business perspective I think being built right next to a shopping centre with high footfall is a far better idea, it gives you the potential to open up the bar and restaurant 7 days a week, the chance to shut down your shop in carlton lanes and escape and save the rent from these as you have sufficient footfall at the stadium retail outlet.

We will never have footfall at Wheldon Rd unless there is a game on, that to me seems to be the problem in terms of generating funds other than match days which will never be overcome in the present location.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 25 Jan 2021, 13:18

Fumper27 wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 11:10
Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 14:01 Just looking for a quick update from Fumper......have you got your list of “Fans that want us to fail” yet?

No list, but I just get fed up reading the same negative crap from the same few posters. Examples:

I pity those people as they clearly have no joy in their lives and only like to see the negative side of things.
Dont sweat it Thumper, the world is full of people who love to moan and complain, the term "drainer" springs to mind.

You'll never change them, its a perspective thing, so dont let them grind you down.

I expect your common sense and knowledgeable posts are enjoyed by the silent majority such as I who post infrequently but read often.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Jan 2021, 13:42

westyorkylad wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 13:18
Fumper27 wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 11:10

Dont sweat it Thumper, the world is full of people who love to moan and complain, the term "drainer" springs to mind.

You'll never change them, its a perspective thing, so dont let them grind you down.

I expect your common sense and knowledgeable posts are enjoyed by the silent majority such as I who post infrequently but read often.
Cheers WYL. However, soon to follow will be the “westyorkylad and Fumper27 are the same person”...