New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by lurcher » 19 Feb 2019, 22:02

HuddsTigers wrote:While you are right, if the club goes into administration he may not get all his cash back anyway. At the end of the day Mr Fulton has a choice to make. He can make CTRLFC great and secure the loan against the new stadium, forfeiting the repayment in the process.

It needs a concierted effort from everyone.

If Cas/sponsors/fans can fund one stand, council get a loan like Leeds Council did for Headingley and stump up the cash for another, and Axiom/GMI “sponsor” a third and we give a lifetime sponsorship to a company for the 4th surely that’s a viable plan.

Surely it’s better to get one new stadium in the district than not have one at all.

We could have the Jack Fulton Stand paid for by Cas fans/community, the WMDC Community Stand with community facilities, the GMI Stand and then the Betfred Stand or whoever for the stand opposite the TV cameras.
its feasible but like you say it needs a concerted effort.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Feb 2019, 22:43

lurcher wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:While you are right, if the club goes into administration he may not get all his cash back anyway. At the end of the day Mr Fulton has a choice to make. He can make CTRLFC great and secure the loan against the new stadium, forfeiting the repayment in the process.

It needs a concierted effort from everyone.

If Cas/sponsors/fans can fund one stand, council get a loan like Leeds Council did for Headingley and stump up the cash for another, and Axiom/GMI “sponsor” a third and we give a lifetime sponsorship to a company for the 4th surely that’s a viable plan.

Surely it’s better to get one new stadium in the district than not have one at all.

We could have the Jack Fulton Stand paid for by Cas fans/community, the WMDC Community Stand with community facilities, the GMI Stand and then the Betfred Stand or whoever for to he stand opposite the TV cameras.
its feasible but like you say it needs a concerted effort.
if the council agreement stills stands axiom got to pay and build the all thing before they even think about building the other units. Now way council will fund it or sponsors. Be interesting meeting 12th if they turn up i would not be that cofident them turning up but think as many as possible should go just in case.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Feb 2019, 08:43

yes we are all frustrated , but the simple fact is with out Axiom being able to get the tenants signed up we are in a bad place RE stadium, they have put a lot of money into getting the scheme of the ground if it comes to nothing they will be big looses, if it does not get off the ground we have only got the Fultons to turn too, would they want to pump a large amount of cash into Weldon road, in my mind I think not

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 20 Feb 2019, 10:38

He’ll continue to rubbish every MP that chooses to leave the sinking ship, I would take him a bit more seriously if he were to give us a list of all the Labour MP’s that he doesn’t want in the party before they jumped!

For instance I would be quite happy for Soubry to Foxtrot Oscar

I’m sure the likes of Balls-Cooper and Liz Kendal to name only 2 don’t sit comfortably with his hard left leanings

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Feb 2019, 11:01

Elstone is funded by and working for the super league clubs.would Cas vote themselves out of existence along with wakey and London.

Renting a stadium is very different to owning one. Wakey for one have nearly been thrown out of belle Vue in the last few years. Wigan have been in dispute with Wigan football for a while.

I'm sure they will agree something and it'll be interesting how the voting works. In pretty sure any vote would have to be agree by all teams or they could work in harmony to rid themselves of teams.

Now I'm not a wakey fan but they bring more to the fans than hudds, Salford and London and thus money.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Feb 2019, 11:09

But the point is they will look to have Toronto in they will have no trouble replacing teams who don't have the required standard of ground in a ten team league if that's the way they choose to go
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 20 Feb 2019, 11:29

I think we all know Castleford Tigers need a new ground or a major re development of the current ground
The council have helped to provide lateral / axiom with securing green belt land to develop for these companies to make money on the provision they provide a new stadium for Castleford Tigers lateral / axiom have upto now failed to provide the proposed development its not the council duty to provide funds for a new stadium for Castleford Tigers which is a private company and as mr Fulton said at the AGM if or when the new ground is built the Fulton family would own almost 100% of it as a tax payer I do not want the council to provide the Fulton family with a asset
If the proposed new development is a none starter the land should be returned to green belt and the Fulton family forfeit there loan and interest paid on the loan virtually leaving the club debt free other chairman benefactors have written loans off this May then help the club loan money to gradually re develop the current ground Featherstone with the help of volunteers have transformed there groun without council money
We need answers from all involved and we need action now before it’s too late
COYF

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 20 Feb 2019, 11:37

Johnlewis1920 wrote:I think we all know Castleford Tigers need a new ground or a major re development of the current ground
The council have helped to provide lateral / axiom with securing green belt land to develop for these companies to make money on the provision they provide a new stadium for Castleford Tigers lateral / axiom have upto now failed to provide the proposed development its not the council duty to provide funds for a new stadium for Castleford Tigers which is a private company and as mr Fulton said at the AGM if or when the new ground is built the Fulton family would own almost 100% of it as a tax payer I do not want the council to provide the Fulton family with a asset
If the proposed new development is a none starter the land should be returned to green belt and the Fulton family forfeit there loan and interest paid on the loan virtually leaving the club debt free other chairman benefactors have written loans off this May then help the club loan money to gradually re develop the current ground Featherstone with the help of volunteers have transformed there groun without council money
We need answers from all involved and we need action now before it’s too late
COYF
At last somebody talking sense best post since this thread started

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 20 Feb 2019, 12:07

Have we written off axiom now?

They keep putting in plans to the council and have not missed a date. I would suggest that, if the meeting is about this matter, in the 12tg. I guess we'll know more then?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Feb 2019, 15:29

mart0042 wrote:Elstone is funded by and working for the super league clubs.would Cas vote themselves out of existence along with wakey and London.

Renting a stadium is very different to owning one. Wakey for one have nearly been thrown out of belle Vue in the last few years. Wigan have been in dispute with Wigan football for a while.

I'm sure they will agree something and it'll be interesting how the voting works. In pretty sure any vote would have to be agree by all teams or they could work in harmony to rid themselves of teams.

Now I'm not a wakey fan but they bring more to the fans than hudds, Salford and London and thus money.
heard thats starting to turn really nasty now.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 21 Feb 2019, 10:42

lurcher wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Elstone is funded by and working for the super league clubs.would Cas vote themselves out of existence along with wakey and London.

heard thats starting to turn really nasty now.
Yes, they are using the athletics stadium next door as a place to drink and function and advising fans not to use the ground, so is rumoured.

With the football team doing rubbish they need to up the rent and I'm not sure the pies get anything from food and drink sales.

Look at Huddersfield town doing it next year when they do down the leagues.

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 25 Feb 2019, 13:37

It would seem that talk of a 'Stadium Trust' owning the new ground has disappeared with talk of perhaps the Fultons owning it. I would have thought if that were to be the case there would a (rather large) tax implication?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 Feb 2019, 14:14

Digger Dave wrote:It would seem that talk of a 'Stadium Trust' owning the new ground has disappeared with talk of perhaps the Fultons owning it. I would have thought if that were to be the case there would a (rather large) tax implication?
I'm sure there would be but that is for them.

Tbh, if not heard anything other than a trust paying a pound for the ground.

In most sporting realms, the clubs are owned by the owner, lock stock and barrel. Man utd, Chelsea, Leeds. It does not worry me
In the slightest. If the fultons want it then they must be footing a bill to ensure it happens. In fact, it might be the way to get it going before the shops.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 25 Feb 2019, 17:25

mart0042 wrote:
Digger Dave wrote:It would seem that talk of a 'Stadium Trust' owning the new ground has disappeared with talk of perhaps the Fultons owning it. I would have thought if that were to be the case there would a (rather large) tax implication?

In most sporting realms, the clubs are owned by the owner, lock stock and barrel. Man utd, Chelsea, Leeds. It does not worry me
In the slightest. If the fultons want it then they must be footing a bill to ensure it happens. In fact, it might be the way to get it going before the shops.
When you say footing the bill do you mean the £1? Lol

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 27 Feb 2019, 10:50

TT Tiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:

When you say footing the bill do you mean the £1? Lol
I read rather hoping the full build and then being paid back by axiom. :pray:

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 27 Feb 2019, 12:01

Ive never understood why the club haven't sold the naming rights to the stadium to a company for 50 years @ 250K a year. That would raise 12.5 mill to fund the build (which was quoted at 10 mill costs).

I know not many companies have that much disposable cash but surely a worldwide brand like Haribo would love to advertise at the side of the M62.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 Feb 2019, 12:53

im surprised no one has said anything about Keltbray
Attachments
keltbray 3.jpg

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 27 Feb 2019, 14:31

StevieTheTV wrote:Ive never understood why the club haven't sold the naming rights to the stadium to a company for 50 years @ 250K a year. That would raise 12.5 mill to fund the build (which was quoted at 10 mill costs).

I know not many companies have that much disposable cash but surely a worldwide brand like Haribo would love to advertise at the side of the M62.
I can’t believe it either; considering how simple you make it sound! Just out of interest; where have you pulled the figures from for this flight of fancy?
Also, why would haribo pay circa £12 million to advertise 2 miles further along the M62 than where they currently have an instantly recognisable building they already use?!?
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Feb 2019, 15:09

I'm not sure any business would sign up to a 50 year sponsorship deal. Anything can happen in that length of time as I'm sure Woolworths, BHS and many others could testify.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Feb 2019, 16:31

every time I see a new post on the ground I read it hoping that there is some thing official being posted, after 1489 posts we are as far from having a new ground as we were from post one, we can all think how things ought to be but as fans it is out of our hands I am sad to say, that's unless one of us can win the Euro millions