New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Dez » 17 Jan 2018, 19:12

Shareholder wrote:Sorry should say would not neglect Wheldon Road
You maybe was nearest the first time shareholder. Lol

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Jan 2018, 19:26

For our club to reach the heights it so richly deserves we need a new stadium, on a selfish note i don't think there could be a better atmosphere than at a packed Weldon RD, so in the mean time i will keep turning up like i have done over these many years on match days

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jan 2018, 19:52

heritage1926 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:As much as Steve Gill as admittedly turned the club around, he is living in a dream world when he said we would be in a new stadium by 2020. Didn't he come out last year in an interview and say we had so many games left at WR? he strikes me as a man that will say whatever to get the fans on side short term.
Completely wrong. SG has continuously said he will NOT put out news to appease the fans. The club is reliant on Lateral and the people involved to dictate when things should be released, and the club will only release news when there is news.
There was an interview with him on Look North i believe, where he clearly said we will be in a new stadium by 2020 and that we only have a matter of so many games left to play at WR? either he's a confident man and knows something we don't or he's telling the fans what they want to hear!
There's still 102 weeks until 2020. The stadium build only takes around 50 of those, especially if all the groundworks are done in this year. It's probably less in practice.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jan 2018, 19:59

old cas lass wrote:Anyone know how long it took from getting planning permission to actually playing a game in the saints and Warrington stadiums.
Just want some sort of comparison.
Comparing is futile purely for the fact they were built in different economies and different market conditions.

St Helens - plans were announced in June 2007. They didn't move in and play in there until 2012 (4 and half years). They worked with Pilkington Glass or someone like that, who bought Knowsley Road from them I believe

Warrington - Outline planning permission was submitted in May 2000 - ground handed over in October 2003, first game in 2004. Built in partnership with the Tesco nextdoor. Big supermarkets aren't looking to develop new large format foodstores any more, hence the change of planning app from ours.

3 years from outline PP to build date.

Cas - Outline Planning permission submitted July 2014 (Warrington timeframe would be last year). St Helens timeframe early 2019.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 17 Jan 2018, 21:16

We are being funded as part of a retail development.
Steve was probably told these dates.
It’s a difficult one of which the club has NO control.
I think unlike HUD 2020 is not going to happen. It’s too tight.
I think if the development happens and it’s still a 50/50 bet then we have 5 more seasons at home. If nothing is signed by 2020 then we look at plan B.
If it happens before these dates it’s a bonus. That way we can put the matter to bed.
For now we concentrate on building on 2017 on the field.
That’s my view
Robbi
Truth is always best !

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 17 Jan 2018, 21:34

Robbo wrote:We are being funded as part of a retail development.
Steve was probably told these dates.
It’s a difficult one of which the club has NO control.
I think unlike HUD 2020 is not going to happen. It’s too tight.
I think if the development happens and it’s still a 50/50 bet then we have 5 more seasons at home. If nothing is signed by 2020 then we look at plan B.
If it happens before these dates it’s a bonus. That way we can put the matter to bed.
For now we concentrate on building on 2017 on the field.
That’s my view
Robbi
Spot on. The key thing is that we maintain a CEO, Board, coaching staff & playing squad that allows to compete with the best. A new home will happen at some point...

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 19 Jan 2018, 00:01

Just watched one of Di's uploads, the 2007 Championship GF, in which the commentary team announced that Cas had had good news regarding their new stadium.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jan 2018, 00:16

Looks like the car garage has been approved today!

Hopefully that’s another step in the plans ticked off.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jan 2018, 00:23

And a quick note in the detail:

“Ongoing discussions with the developer indicate works to implement the consented, wider development are due to begin in early 2018 with further reserved matters applications for phases 2b, 3 and 4 of this development (country park, stadium and retail park) due to be submitted for consideration in spring/summer 2018”

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 19 Jan 2018, 12:59

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Dont get built overnight? Try dont get built over a decade. Does anyone know when the club first decided on a new ground. Just the year will do.
The first I remember of plans for a new ground was in the mid 70s while I was still at school, over 40 years ago!

Not sure this project is actually any nearer coming to fruition than previous ones. I note that earlier posts talk of
- work to start soon. Now where have I heard that before?
- road works on the M62 planned for the spring. Those same works were also planned in for spring 2017
- electrical cables having been laid. I live within a 1/4 mile of the site and pass it almost every day and have seen no evidence of the work that would be required to lay electric supply cables for a development of that size. Also it's very unlikely that any utilities will be installed until the ground has been levelled
- work has stopped because the weather is 'bad' in the winter. Well plenty of other construction sites seem to keep going, in fact the bulldozers moved in and started work on the new ground in York in December.

All the time that this goes on costs Lateral money. If it was close to coming off some of the more major work required would have already started.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 19 Jan 2018, 13:18

According to this link Roadworks start on Monday and it is expected to take until December 14th.

https://roadworks.org/?102800057

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Jan 2018, 13:21

sounds like things are about to start then!

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 19 Jan 2018, 13:56

yorky wrote:sounds like things are about to start then!
Yeh, on the M62!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jan 2018, 14:32

Nu Shooze wrote:
Yeh, on the M62!
They are closing part of the slip roads it seems. I would assume this is where they are planning to park work vehicles as they can hardly park them on the site/main road!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jan 2018, 14:42

[quote="Digger Dave"
- road works on the M62 planned for the spring. Those same works were also planned in for spring 2017[/quote]

Were they? Who said this and when? Given that Lateral were in the process of amending the planning application due to the financial foodstore changes, this is highly doubtful.
- electrical cables having been laid. I live within a 1/4 mile of the site and pass it almost every day and have seen no evidence of the work that would be required to lay electric supply cables for a development of that size. Also it's very unlikely that any utilities will be installed until the ground has been levelled
It was "Support cables for supplying electricity have been installed underneath the field where the facility will be located". Given it's across the other side of the site for the stadium, I doubt you will have seen much from Xscape side.
work has stopped because the weather is 'bad' in the winter. Well plenty of other construction sites seem to keep going, in fact the bulldozers moved in and started work on the new ground in York in December.
Generally adverse weather conditions delays things, as well as having more daylight hours. A spring start means less stop-start and I assume with them doing coal extraction on the site first, this also plays a part in the decision.
All the time that this goes on costs Lateral money. If it was close to coming off some of the more major work required would have already started.
As has been explained on this thread, the work is being done in phases. The first phase is the roadworks, coal extraction and some of the preparatory groundworks. No major work will begin until phase 3, which is after the country park has been contoured and planted.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 19 Jan 2018, 15:21

HuddsTigers wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
Yeh, on the M62!
They are closing part of the slip roads it seems. I would assume this is where they are planning to park work vehicles as they can hardly park them on the site/main road!

Clearly says it’s for access to 5 Towns Park...

“M62 Eastbound and Westbound Jct 32 Lane closures on slip roads for Highway Access to Five Towns Park”

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 19 Jan 2018, 16:30

sirocco7 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
Yeh, on the M62!

“M62 Eastbound and Westbound Jct 32 Lane closures on slip roads for Highway Access to Five Towns Park”
Read it again and seen that bit. Sounds positive. Here's hoping. :pray:

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 19 Jan 2018, 16:33

There are other considerations i.e. soils, and there are rules which have to be adhered to. You do not strip soils in winter, so nothing will happen on that front until the winter is well over

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jan 2018, 22:13

sirocco7 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
Yeh, on the M62!

Yes and in to allow them access to the site. They can’t park on the site so they will have to close the M62 to park all the equipment/machinery to do the road layouts

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Jan 2018, 11:09

Would we expect phases 1 and 2 to be completed this year, starting on 3 and 4 in 2019?

Or our can everything start when phase 1 is competed?