New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 May 2021, 20:02

on side wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 14:08
No response says it all I am afraid maybe hudds tiger as some information on the project

Just quoting this. Make your mind up, Flow...
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 May 2021, 20:51

on side wrote: 13 May 2021, 19:59
HuddsTigers wrote: 13 May 2021, 19:50 The full quotes are in the MEN article:

Mr Campbell, 65, told the M.E.N that Axiom is still going to happen and will be the 'future of retail'.

"It's very much still happening, probably a bit delayed," he said.

"There's a fairly large pandemic that's got in the way."

"We'll certainly have an involvement in it

"Lateral are, and will be, the developer, but [Pradera] will certainly have an involvement with it.

"It's brand new, it's the future of retail but delayed by covid."
Don't fall for this rubbish again pal wunt say owt till actually start building if I was you.
Why don’t you follow your own advice and not say anything until it is finalised either way? Better still, do your own research and share the results of said research with the rest of us?

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 13 May 2021, 21:00

Fumper27 wrote: 13 May 2021, 20:51

Mr Campbell, 65, told the M.E.N that Axiom is still going to happen and will be the 'future of retail'.

"Lateral are, and will be, the developer, but [Pradera] will certainly have an involvement with it.

Don't fall for this rubbish again pal wunt say owt till actually start building if I was you.
Why don’t you follow your own advice and not say anything until it is finalised either way? Better still, do your own research and share the results of said research with the rest of us?
Lol hudds, not researching just copying what it says on Facebook post probably made up any way 😂 your in a mood tonight you ok lol

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 May 2021, 23:10

its more or less the same as jon wells said when asked about a plan B, he said"we don't need a plan B as the new ground will happen but it will be later than planned" i still think it will happen but haven't a clue when.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 13 May 2021, 23:19

lurcher wrote: 13 May 2021, 23:10

its more or less the same as jon wells said when asked about a plan B, he said"we don't need a plan B as the new ground will happen but it will be later than planned" i still think it will happen but haven't a clue when.
Only be waiting over 15years different projects reckon in that time stand by stand, we could have redeveloped Wheldon Road into a nice little ground in that time. Stead waiting for a free ground how long do you wait till we get kicked out off league is the question.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 May 2021, 23:43

on side wrote: 13 May 2021, 21:00

Lol hudds, not researching just copying what it says on Facebook post probably made up any way 😂 your in a mood tonight you ok lol
I've literally named the source as the Manchester Evening News.

It also says that in the first line where it says 'told the MEN'.

You're nothing more than a troll with nowt else better to do.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 14 May 2021, 00:02

HuddsTigers wrote: 13 May 2021, 23:43
on side wrote: 13 May 2021, 21:00

Not a troll but being realistic about chance off the new ground being built your opinion you still believe it will happen and you believe every thing these developers keep drip feeding evey couple years. I believe it will finish up a housing estate on this land hope i am wrong for sake off club and your dream comes, true on this project. I be first to buy you a pint in New ground if ever happens if we're not too old to make it there.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 May 2021, 00:28

on side wrote: 14 May 2021, 00:02 [quote=HuddsTigers post_id=611442 time=<a href="tel:1620945817">1620945817</a> user_id=1911]
[quote="on side" post_id=611415 time=<a href="tel:1620936012">1620936012</a> user_id=4771]
[quote=Fumper27 post_id=611412 time=<a href="tel:1620935494">1620935494</a> user_id=3035]
[quote="on side" post_id=611404 time=<a href="tel:1620932357">1620932357</a> user_id=4771]
[quote=HuddsTigers post_id=611399 time=<a href="tel:1620931811">1620931811</a> user_id=1911]
The full quotes are in the MEN article:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not a troll but being realistic about chance off the new ground being built your opinion you still believe it will happen and you believe every thing these developers keep drip feeding evey couple years. I believe it will finish up a housing estate on this land hope i am wrong for sake off club and your dream comes, true on this project. I be first to buy you a pint in New ground if ever happens if we're not too old to make it there.
[/quote]
on side wrote: 13 May 2021, 23:19
lurcher wrote: 13 May 2021, 23:10

Only be waiting over 15years different projects reckon in that time stand by stand, we could have redeveloped Wheldon Road into a nice little ground in that time. Stead waiting for a free ground how long do you wait till we get kicked out off league is the question.
Not sure how we would have developed the current ground with no money

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 14 May 2021, 00:29

Until some one in an official capacity says it is definitely not happening then my glass is still half full. I am 75 and been a Cas supporter for 65 years and would love to see them either in a new stadium or a significantly upgraded Wheldon Road.

covid tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by covid tiger » 14 May 2021, 07:43

A new planning permission would need to be needed and submitted again surely more gently delays. They have deadlines...?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 14 May 2021, 09:03

You can read into the article in one of 2 ways.

Lateral are using the money, which is a pension fund I believe, to buy into another project to try and turn a profit for the investors.

OR

Lateral have teamed up with a shopping centre management company with a view to them running Axiom.

I'm hoping for the second option and at least it directly quotes a main player as saying its happening, just delayed.

Take from it what you will. The lack of news has been deafening and now we have some. Once covid is gone and the country in financial recovery, this is the type of project that is essential to its long term recovery. The short and long term jobs are a must.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 14 May 2021, 10:11

Personally I think if it's going to happen then it'll happen when certain stages of the ELOR (east Leeds outer ring road) are complete.

GMI are the contractors. They have been put forward as the builder of Axiom. So the ELOR is due for completion in summer 2022. We won't have to wait until full completeness but as each part is done, parts could move over. They have started putting in kerb stones and so a lot of the visible site is close to it set height. So I would expect by early 2022 they will be putting on the tarmac start landscaping

So early 2022 of its going to happen is my guess.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 May 2021, 10:54

I’ve said it before. Developments like this are dependent on market conditions and getting ducks in a row. It sometimes happens quickly, sometimes takes years and sometimes never happens at all so anyone can be right. The one thing that is for sure is that no public company or pension scheme spends millions on site preparations and planning permissions unless they weren’t serious. They have Boards and shareholders that they have to answer to.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 14 May 2021, 11:39

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 14 May 2021, 10:54 I’ve said it before. Developments like this are dependent on market conditions and getting ducks in a row. It sometimes happens quickly, sometimes takes years and sometimes never happens at all so anyone can be right. The one thing that is for sure is that no public company or pension scheme spends millions on site preparations and planning permissions unless they weren’t serious. They have Boards and shareholders that they have to answer to.
Exactly, and someone to manage Axiom is another tick. If only there weren't, what seems like, endless boxes!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 May 2021, 13:11

covid tiger wrote: 14 May 2021, 07:43 A new planning permission would need to be needed and submitted again surely more gently delays. They have deadlines...?
The worked they did last year on the foundations satisfied the existing planning permission.

They got this approved by the council to say that PP had been met in an application.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Aug 2021, 21:02

extensive ground works seem to have been done recently by the look of it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Aug 2021, 23:20

some one on "cas tigers banter" has just posted claiming to have seen the final plans for the redevelopment of the jungle as the axiom site will now be for warehousing. if true the plans sound great and he says the club will announce details soon.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 18 Aug 2021, 04:16

I won't hold my breath.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2021, 06:55

lurcher wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 23:20 some one on "cas tigers banter" has just posted claiming to have seen the final plans for the redevelopment of the jungle as the axiom site will now be for warehousing. if true the plans sound great and he says the club will announce details soon.
I’ve just read that lurcher.
One question not asked, who’s funding it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Aug 2021, 07:23

"The axiom site will now be for warehousing " who could have seen that coming...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi