New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Tigerade » 14 Aug 2020, 19:07

Fumper27 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 06:48 Has anyone shown an interest in buying the club from the Fulton’s?
NO

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 18 Aug 2020, 18:29

Wonder which will come first, the new ground or Fekis debut? #-o

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 18 Aug 2020, 18:39

Tough call that one 🤔

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 18 Aug 2020, 19:05

The Fultons took full control by getting shut of the Shareholders.

The Fultons may have put money in but as I have always said it was a loan.

The fact that 2 million quid was lost whilst they were in control does matter in my opinion.

Shareholders paid £40.00 a share the Fultons just 10p

There is no AGM to discuss things now they just do as they wish as a BOD.

Accounts will be due. I see the Auditors have resigned and I guess we have new in house Accountants.

Huddesfield still thinks the ground will be built?? The Trafford Centre owner went bust and anyone thinks we are getting more out of town retail?

Anyway onwards and up

robbo
Truth is always best !

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Aug 2020, 23:06

Robbo wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 19:05 The Fultons took full control by getting shut of the Shareholders.

The fact that 2 million quid was lost whilst they were in control does matter in my opinion.

Accounts will be due. I see the Auditors have resigned and I guess we have new in house Accountants.

Huddesfield still thinks the ground will be built?? The Trafford Centre owner went bust and anyone thinks we are getting more out of town retail?

Anyway onwards and up

robbo
hello mate what is the rule on this now, are they allowed to do it?

i did notice on the news today the article about M+S losing 1,000 jobs but in the same piece it said a huge new M+S had just opened on the outskirts of nottingham in a retail park and they saw this as the way forward with free parking.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Aug 2020, 07:29

were this is going to end is anyones guess over half a million views since this thread was started and we are still no further forward

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 19 Aug 2020, 08:53

lurcher wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 23:06
Robbo wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 19:05 The Fultons took full control by getting shut of the Shareholders.

Anyway onwards and up

robbo
hello mate what is the rule on this now, are they allowed to do it?
Since the club changed from being a public limited company to a private limited company in 2017, the owners do not legally have to have a shareholders AGM. Ethically and morally however is a different matter. It should be noted similar business's do have AGM's.
Shareholders are an irrelevance now.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Aug 2020, 09:15

It wouldn't do any good having a AGM all though there are plenty of issues to talk about the room would be full of 95 % yes men-women anybody that stood up to ask about a concerning issue would be heckled with oh no I knew he'd cause trouble that kind of thing the chances of having a open debate on the issues that matter are zero even if such a meeting was called
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 19 Aug 2020, 16:51

That is correct.
What was done is probably not legal but to challenge it would cost £50k and frankly I cant be bothered.

You reap what you sow, and what goes around will come around.

I watch my team and support the players the best way I can.

The change in accountants/Auditors suggests a fall out over charges or corporate governance. ( what's that !!)

Mine and several other shareholders have a clear conscience as we tried to prevent this but were voted down.
robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2020, 21:42

New application submitted end of September for a Certificate of Lawfulness.

Two foundation trenches have been created and filled with concrete, with holding bolts put in.

The Certificate is to prove the lawful commencement of development of planning permission.

Hopefully the starting of foundations, no matter how far down the line the development is, shows some confidence that it will go ahead.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 06 Oct 2020, 22:07

HuddsTigers wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 21:42 New application submitted end of September for a Certificate of Lawfulness.

Two foundation trenches have been created and filled with concrete, with holding bolts put in.

The Certificate is to prove the lawful commencement of development of planning permission.

Hopefully the starting of foundations, no matter how far down the line the development is, shows some confidence that it will go ahead.
I’m awaiting the first comment to shoot you down on this one. I’ve always said it will happen, I can’t say when but one day it will happen.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 06 Oct 2020, 22:53

Isn’t the photo of the long building the former Fiat factory in Turin used in the original Italian job?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/28/58/7d ... 3fc60f.jpg

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Oct 2020, 10:25

sirocco7 wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 22:07
HuddsTigers wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 21:42 New application submitted end of September for a Certificate of Lawfulness.

I’m awaiting the first comment to shoot you down on this one. I’ve always said it will happen, I can’t say when but one day it will happen.
With the Cas shop at xscape closing during the week (hopefully to open full time in the run up to Xmas with the new stock) and now cine world, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I put caution into anything at the moment. The world is screwed and jobs will be lost hand over fist in the new year. (The hope that a build will create the jobs needed in the area)

My hope is raised in so much that lateral have secured the money to build from a pension pot which will not be gaining much interest at the moment and hasn't for a few years now. Cash is King now, so they might be able to build at lower costs.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 07 Oct 2020, 10:39

They is now words to describe your opptisam bravo on you 👀👀

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 07 Oct 2020, 11:05

They is now words to describe your opptisam bravo on you 👀👀
[/quote]

That may be the case.
Out of interest are you Stanley Unwins love child?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Oct 2020, 11:08

OPPTISAM springs eternal...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 08 Oct 2020, 07:40

Unless you've seen the actual documentation it could well be that the certificate is to cover the trenches/concrete which are probably not part of the actual planning application.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Oct 2020, 08:02

I think they will be part of the application. It’s usually used as a legal device to preserve a planning permission which is about to expire and avoid the need to reapply for permission which both saves money and avoids the risk of it not being granted second time round.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 08 Oct 2020, 09:33

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 08:02 I think they will be part of the application. It’s usually used as a legal device to preserve a planning permission which is about to expire and avoid the need to reapply for permission which both saves money and avoids the risk of it not being granted second time round.
This.

Original planning permission was granted in 2015, normally building has to start within 3 years. If not permission has to be reapplied for. To circumvent this 'a material operation' can take place ie demolish old building, laying of pipes or a small length of foundation. It does not mean building is about to start, it's about the planning permission not expiring.

It also means the land could be sold with planning permission, subject to conditional permission.

MY CLUB. MY CAS