New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by duke street 10 » 20 Feb 2020, 12:57

It possible The Express knows more than the article in today's edition

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Feb 2020, 13:09

The Firm wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 17:20
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 17:02 Absolutely. There just seemed to be a growing sense of belief on here that we were doomed without a new ground and I was trying to work out whether it was justified or not.
Michael Carter has said about Belle Vue on more than one occasion that he is expecting a time in the not so distant future that the RFL will tell him you’ve had long enough to sort your ground off you go. Theres isn’t really much worse than ours. Tv image of the stadium is actually part of the criteria. Tarting up the bogs won’t change that.

The next tv deal is quite possible going to be for less, don’t be shocked if that is a time frame that us being worked to and the big clubs will want the biggest slice of the pie. Elstone & Co’s wet dream is only one of us or Wakey, a Manchester branded club replacing Salford, Toulouse & London promoted along with maybe Newcastle and Ottawa and/or New York. An

d stuff the rest.
Elstone’s statement today which appears on the Sky Sports website doesn’t sound very supportive of Toronto

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Feb 2020, 13:33

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 13:09
The Firm wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 17:20
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 17:02 Absolutely. There just seemed to be a growing sense of belief on here that we were doomed without a new ground and I was trying to work out whether it was justified or not.
Michael Carter has said about Belle Vue on more than one occasion that he is expecting a time in the not so distant future that the RFL will tell him you’ve had long enough to sort your ground off you go. Theres isn’t really much worse than ours. Tv image of the stadium is actually part of the criteria. Tarting up the bogs won’t change that.

The next tv deal is quite possible going to be for less, don’t be shocked if that is a time frame that us being worked to and the big clubs will want the biggest slice of the pie. Elstone & Co’s wet dream is only one of us or Wakey, a Manchester branded club replacing Salford, Toulouse & London promoted along with maybe Newcastle and Ottawa and/or New York. An

d stuff the rest.
Elstone’s statement today which appears on the Sky Sports website doesn’t sound very supportive of Toronto
"We are looking at how, within certain constraints, Super League can help them"

Not exactly throwing them to the Wolves either is it? Along with the clubs Elstone is jacked off that they didn't get a TV deal sorted for this year. Same goes for Catalans. You watch the mood change if/when they do.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Feb 2020, 14:18

I’ll be stunned if they don’t get relegated when they finish bottom

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Feb 2020, 19:20

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 14:18 I’ll be stunned if they don’t get relegated when they finish bottom
So would i. Until the franchising arrived again in a couple of years time....

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Feb 2020, 20:58

The Firm wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 19:20
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 14:18 I’ll be stunned if they don’t get relegated when they finish bottom
So would i. Until the franchising arrived again in a couple of years time....
Isn't there still talk of going to 14 teams next season still floating about? Woolfpack stay up plus the Champioship winners and runners up.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Feb 2020, 20:58

If they go down this year I’ll also be surprised if they last two more years

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Feb 2020, 21:32

We seem to be drifting from the subject.
I know there are links but they are becoming al little tenuous.
Some believe rightly or wrongly the club's future is in peril if we don't get a new ground or a major revamp of Wheldon Road.
No crystal ball.
So l will do what l do best.
Support the team and try not to overly concern myself with things beyond my control.
Looking forward to getting down to the Old Girl and hope to be singing Sweet Caroline by the end of the evening
COYF

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Feb 2020, 21:35

like Wigan Toronto is loved that much top class players are willing to play for nothing, its a shame we have not got the same pulling power

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Feb 2020, 11:07

tigerfeat wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 07:52 I was at junction 32 yesterday and it was heaving it would make sense to me to build a extension to it at some point over the road where the land is
Junction 32 is dead 90% of the time, it was only busy because of school holidays.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 21 Feb 2020, 15:03

TheSheriff wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 11:07
tigerfeat wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 07:52 I was at junction 32 yesterday and it was heaving it would make sense to me to build a extension to it at some point over the road where the land is
Junction 32 is dead 90% of the time, it was only busy because of school holidays.
Soon as, we now it's definitely not happening which we don't yet no announcement yet from axim or lateral. Think its time to put pressure on wakefield Council we wont same deal as wakey trin got to invest in old ground fare is fare an all were in same council district.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 22 Feb 2020, 11:43

MY CLUB. MY CAS

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2020, 12:45

The silence is deafening.
The evidence is mounting.
If my interpretation of the article is correct.
We will be at Wheldon Road for the foreseeable.
Still enjoy the atmosphere which can't be replicated in the new stadia.
Will it spell the end of Cas if franchising is reintroduced?
Will youmg Ian call in his debt?
I have no idea.
That is why as a pensioner with a fifty mile round trip for home games(l know there are others who travel much further)
I love to get to live games
I know the weather wasn't great, it was on tv.
But!!!

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 22 Feb 2020, 16:03

Cant see the RFL going back to the franchise system it nearly bankrupt the clubs before forcing some to build new stadia or rent at rates that were more than they were taking in monies every week. Some off the clubs are still paying for the flawed system

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Feb 2020, 17:03

yorkie1bn wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 16:03 Cant see the RFL going back to the franchise system it nearly bankrupt the clubs before forcing some to build new stadia or rent at rates that were more than they were taking in monies every week. Some off the clubs are still paying for the flawed system
I can. The RFL are mostly interested in sponsorship and TV revenue. They want games on TV in shiny new stadiums, not at the likes of Wheldon Road and the Mobile Rocket Stadium.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Feb 2020, 18:16

Thought the RFL was made up of its constituent clubs. I suspect that there will be a wide array of ambitions, but the biggest driver will be self interest.
They may well want games on TV but shiny new stadia don’t look great on TV when they are largely empty. Also the product has to be entertaining.
Cas , who are on TV a lot never appear to be playing to an empty stadium at home and our travelling fans do more than most to bring atmosphere to the large purpose built football stadia that the likes of Wigan and Huddersfield play in.
Projects to build stadia, are entirely dependent on economic factors and if the conclusion to be drawn from the Axiom silence is that they are concerned about an economic downturn ( and we are due one) , then our Stadium project is at the best on hold, but the likelihood that any others in the pipeline will be too.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 22 Feb 2020, 19:17

nottinghamtiger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 17:03
yorkie1bn wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 16:03 Cant see the RFL going back to the franchise system it nearly bankrupt the clubs before forcing some to build new stadia or rent at rates that were more than they were taking in monies every week. Some off the clubs are still paying for the flawed system
I can. The RFL are mostly interested in sponsorship and TV revenue. They want games on TV in shiny new stadiums, not at the likes of Wheldon Road and the Mobile Rocket Stadium.
Shiny new stadiums with nobody in them you mean?

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2020, 20:18

The crowd or lack of has little to do with shiny new stadia.
Although not a fan of them
They have better facilities for all.
Players, coaches, press and spectators
Love our grounds as l do it's shortcomings are there for all to see.
Trying to sell the Wheldon Road experience especially hospitality and corporate hospitality packages must be a challenge.
Perhaps we could consider having it designated as an asset of community value so it can only be used as a rugby-league venue,

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 Feb 2020, 21:41

We have no excuses for not moving forward with our stadium { new or old} after all the years we have been taking the sky money.
Looks like Glasshoughton is dead, what is our plan B ?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Feb 2020, 00:41

Sharlotiger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 21:41 We have no excuses for not moving forward with our stadium { new or old} after all the years we have been taking the sky money.
Looks like Glasshoughton is dead, what is our plan B ?
The Sky money would never have paid for a new stadium and there was no other money other than in the Waystone and Axiom schemes if they could be made to stack up financially like any potential development. Sadly the economic climate just hasn’t been right. No excuses just financial reality