rangi to the rescue

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: rangi to the rescue

Post by derbystiger » 09 Jul 2016, 13:47

Good read that. Cheers for the link

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 09 Jul 2016, 19:08

Nice that Powell didn't bin him off like some fans did

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 09 Jul 2016, 21:47

Surprised me how much DP wanted Rangi to stay. Great player but never struck me as being a 'structured team player' that DP seems to go for.
Great to see DP helping Rangi and giving him that confidence boost when he probably needs it most.
The door does swing both ways though and Rangi does need to work hard to repay the faith. I'm sure all will come good.

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 09 Jul 2016, 22:49

Andrew6666 wrote:Surprised me how much DP wanted Rangi to stay. Great player but never struck me as being a 'structured team player' that DP seems to go for.
Great to see DP helping Rangi and giving him that confidence boost when he probably needs it most.
The door does swing both ways though and Rangi does need to work hard to repay the faith. I'm sure all will come good.
Good point well made

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 10 Jul 2016, 08:07

I always got told by my coach at rugby to stick to the game plan about 75% of game the other do something that he cant coach something no one expects and rangi is perfect at that. You need a player with the x factor who can do something unexpected because while your sticking to the structures the defence will always be wary of him doing something different and might hang back and leave a gap for someone to go through

chief193
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chief193 » 10 Jul 2016, 12:46

Game plans are great and obviously form a major part of the game today, the problem is that the majority of the sides in super league follow the same or similar attacking and defensive patterns. The coaching staff drill these patterns into the players and they do become rigid at times, just look how many try's you get off of a loose ball or pass that goes to ground, a kick that bounces funny or a mistake by the opposite side. At these times the structure and patterns go out the window and players look lost and we all say "why did they all stop?" A player that can create and react to these kind of situations is worth his weight in gold as long as he can fit into the structure for the remaining time, I think Rangi can be this man.

bath_tub
Academy Player
Academy Player

Chase

Post by bath_tub » 13 Jul 2016, 15:21

Just wondered if anybody had heard how he's getting on? Wonder if we might see him play some part this Sunday??
Merged as already Rangi topic

homeandaway
Academy Player
Academy Player

Rangi

Post by homeandaway » 17 Jul 2016, 23:56

Sorry guys I've been busy .did he play ?how was he if he did.

Merged with Rangi topic - please try to use existing topics rather than duplicate topics.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2016, 10:12

crooks looked a better player to me yesterday with rangi over his side...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi