Injurys?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Injurys?

Post by lurcher » 12 Apr 2015, 22:49

shenny and keiran cunningham were out for a long time with their dislocated elbows. huby looked in a lot more pain than justin when he went off but was back quickly so we'll just have to wait and see.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Apr 2015, 23:00

According to steve gill on radio leeds, the elbow is back in place and Justin will have xrays sometime next week.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Apr 2015, 23:06

nottinghamtiger wrote:
KB80 wrote:On a side note loved the way Carney jumped to his feet before walking of with physio, tough guy.
I still think he could have grounded the ball as it was in his other hand. Where was his desire?
(That's sarcasm, by the way).

Haha. Must confess at the time I did for a fleeting minute think couldn't he have got the ball down anyway - although didn't realise the severity of his injury.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2015, 08:02

KB80 wrote:
Bengal wrote:
KB80 wrote:Be amazed if it was just 6 weeks my understanding is a dislocated elbow is a nightmare to get right.
It depends on whether it's a "clean" dislocation or whether there is any other surrounding damage to tissues, ligaments etc. As said Huby was back two weeks later, although had that been any normal game I am pretty certain that would not be the case. Also Shenton with his dislocated shoulder. As said it depends whether there's any other damage etc.
On a side note loved the way Carney jumped to his feet before walking of with physio, tough guy.
Don't recall that happening. I seem to remember JC being helped to his feet by both physio's and then being supported by both all the way to the tunnel.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 13 Apr 2015, 10:04

Will probably watch game again tonight so will check. I seem to remember him receivin attention an the floor but getting himself to his feet in one pretty sharp movement and then the physio cradling his arm as he walked off.

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 13 Apr 2015, 10:40

It sounded like SKY got a good view of the injury on one of the cameras but quite rightly decided not to show it as it was quite horrific. Eddie said they wouldn't show it just after it happened.

Anyway get well soon JC.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 13 Apr 2015, 11:22

Tough injury, he was looking strong before the it too. Think Kelly will be feeling the effects of that handoff for quite a while.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 13 Apr 2015, 13:25

How long was Huby out ????

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 13 Apr 2015, 13:34

Frankas wrote:How long was Huby out ????
Not long enough, his form was dire post injury, and still looked to be feeling the effects of it for several weeks later, just to get the lad into the field at Wembley

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 13 Apr 2015, 18:37

A follow-up examination before the patient's return to play is necessary to reassess motion of the formerly dislocated elbow following the immobilization and early ROM period. Most individuals can return to play 3-6 weeks following an elbow dislocation.

In sports in which an elbow dislocation occurs in a player's nondominant arm, return to play may occur at the earlier end of the rehabilitation spectrum — as long as motion is back to a level that is suitable to the physician and athlete. For elbow dislocations that occur in a player's dominant arm, return to play may take a longer time period. Throwing sports, such as baseball, may require the patient to undergo periods of rest up to 3 months following a dislocation, followed by a strengthening rehabilitative program once full motion is achieved.
Source: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/96758-followup

I'd imagine they won't really know how long he'll be out until they see how the healing and restrengthening process goes over the coming weeks.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 13 Apr 2015, 20:27

Pete Smith just tweeted the beast is set for another scan tomorrow, Powell says the initial tests suggest theirs no break

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 13 Apr 2015, 22:36

Good news - get well soon Justin

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Apr 2015, 09:49

I see the Juditional panel had a look at carneys hand off that 'accidentally' caught the HKR player in the eye.
Next it'll be to see if he's laced his boots the correct way.

bath_tub
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bath_tub » 14 Apr 2015, 17:21

Any news on Junior Moors? With him back as well we will really have a big squad in terms of size. Our pack is looking really good so far! Not used to seeing big physical players at Cas.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Apr 2015, 23:50

moors isn't just physical he's got the skills as well. i liked weller but this bloke is an improvement replacement.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Nev
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nev » 16 Apr 2015, 09:46

Carney needs an op and will be out for 6-8 weeks. That's not too bad considering.

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 16 Apr 2015, 10:33

Excellent article on the Cas site giving a good summary, which is:

Mike McMeeken – Hamstring strain, should be back in the next few weeks.

James Clare – Potentially back this weekend.

Luke Dorn – Grade 2 hamstring tear – 3-5 weeks recovery remaining.

Junior Moors – Pretty good news from his recent scan and he should be back in a few weeks hopefully.

Matt Cook – Had an operations on Wednesday on his ankle and were looking at a 6-8 week recovery.

Denny Solomona – should be back next week or the following week.

Jake Webster – should be available for selection this weekend.

http://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=4013

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 16 Apr 2015, 12:00

Nev wrote:Carney needs an op and will be out for 6-8 weeks. That's not too bad considering.
Hopefully back for the 8s. It would be a great boost to have him back for whichever play-off series we find ourselves in.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Apr 2015, 12:25

Shameless wrote:
Nev wrote:Carney needs an op and will be out for 6-8 weeks. That's not too bad considering.
Hopefully back for the 8s. It would be a great boost to have him back for whichever play-off series we find ourselves in.
13 league games and a few rounds of cup to fit in,he'll definitely be back if he sticks to that timeframe
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 27 Apr 2015, 18:07

I've just seen Mariano in Asda (hull) with what lols like a hand injury. Do we have any news ?