Loose forward Clark

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Loose forward Clark

Post by Max n paddy » 08 May 2013, 12:51

I can't help thinking Clark would make a world class loose forward given the right coaching.
He's got craft, guile , and a side step to die for. A bit of bulking up and I think he be perfect.

Or , and learn to pass the ball !
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Loose forward Clark

Post by KB80 » 08 May 2013, 13:17

Will make a world class hooker too, so why bother trying to turn him into a loose?

Dont really get these suggestions regards moving him into the halfs/loose think I once read someone suggesting he had a game at full back!!!!

Hooker is a key position one which daz is very effective at and will continue to improve into. Would like to see some work improving his passing with which I think would turn him into the top hooker in the country within the next 2 years. Sadly looks like this will be as a leeds or warrington player (a move which will help his development - as much as it hurts to say as a cas fan!)

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 08 May 2013, 13:38

Expected that , there are plenty of hookers around that are good. He is familiar working round the forwards and rook area. I think he would be devastating out wide like we've seen and would get more opertunity to run out wide with the backs etc.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 08 May 2013, 13:54

Not sure, I think hes quick and has a good step which troubles forwards in the middle out wide hed be running at quicker more agile players used to dealing with quicker more evasive players than daz. I actually dont think he needs to change position to attack out wide occasionally, we just need some plays in which he does (rob burrow seems to).

Think once Daz plays regurlarly with forwards who win the collision and increase the ptb speed we'l see how devastating he can be.

JCarter97
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JCarter97 » 08 May 2013, 23:18

I would like to see Milner starting, clarky coming on after 20-25mins and Milner going to 13.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 09 May 2013, 08:08

I think Millner is better in the rough n tumble of the hookers role , And Clark would be more effective behind him.
Just a thought , there's lots of great players that have moved from other positions into the 13 shirt and made a success of it. He would also get more game time.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 09 May 2013, 09:01

Max n paddy wrote:I think Millner is better in the rough n tumble of the hookers role , And Clark would be more effective behind him.
Just a thought , there's lots of great players that have moved from other positions into the 13 shirt and made a success of it. He would also get more game time.
Was saying a similar thing at weekend we defo seem a better team when both are on the field I'd like to see one start at 9 one at 13 have a full bench of forwards and let Milner and Clark have a free role between them working together as I think it helps us get on the front foot

lilley3747

Post by lilley3747 » 09 May 2013, 09:05

I would rather give milner a chance at loose, strong agile and good with ball in hand

Bigcurt
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigcurt » 09 May 2013, 09:45

betts21 wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:I think Millner is better in the rough n tumble of the hookers role , And Clark would be more effective behind him.
Was saying a similar thing at weekend we defo seem a better team when both are on the field I'd like to see one start at 9 one at 13 have a full bench of forwards and let Milner and Clark have a free role between them working together as I think it helps us get on the front foot
Agree, we look better with both on. It gives them the opportunity to switch at the play the ball occasionally and it seems to cause uncertainty in the opposition defence.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 09 May 2013, 09:52

Bigcurt wrote:
betts21 wrote:
Agree, we look better with both on. It gives them the opportunity to switch at the play the ball occasionally and it seems to cause uncertainty in the opposition defence.
I think the above would work well. If Milner and Clark could interchange at various parts of the game that would be ideal and with both offerring different games the defence would be kept on their toes.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 May 2013, 10:33

we are definitely better with both on the pitch its up to Powell now to figure out which way is best effective
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 09 May 2013, 10:46

the machine wrote:we are definitely better with both on the pitch its up to Powell now to figure out which way is best effective
Agree. We look stronger in attack with Tansey, Chase, Milner and Clark on the pitch. As well as Milner and Clark been two of our better defenders

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 May 2013, 10:56

Fumper27 wrote:
the machine wrote:we are definitely better with both on the pitch its up to Powell now to figure out which way is best effective
Agree. We look stronger in attack with Tansey, Chase, Milner and Clark on the pitch. As well as Milner and Clark been two of our better defenders
add to that Webster and carney when they're not banned or injured and we have a lot of attacking weapons
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 May 2013, 12:13

For a moment there I thought we'd signed former Wigan favourite, Phil!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 09 May 2013, 12:21

Sorry FC.

TBH , our guy as the potential to be as good IMO. I just thought we have missed a loose forward for many years and with the right coaching he'd be fantastic ! GB material !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 May 2013, 13:44

Max n paddy wrote:Sorry FC.

TBH , our guy as the potential to be as good IMO. I just thought we have missed a loose forward for many years and with the right coaching he'd be fantastic ! GB material !
I've said elsewhere that Clark has all the necessary attributes to a great rugby league player and part of that does mean he can adapt his play tocover a number of positions. Loose Forward is certainly within his capabilities but his speed around the rook tells me he's best suited to playing a (acting) half-back role.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 09 May 2013, 14:07

I personally think he would be best used away from the rook area with some space to run at people and show the ball.

We'll see how Powell decides to use him eh.