Tyrone McCarthy

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Tyrone McCarthy

Post by old cas lass » 29 Apr 2013, 16:33

Warrington Wolves Tyrone McCarthy has joined Castleford Tigers on a month's loan with immediate effect.

Gavin wilson twitter feed.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Tyrone McCarthy

Post by Frankas » 29 Apr 2013, 16:37

A decent aggressive forward & might put a bit of pressure on the ones we already have, it seems we must have a partnership with Warrington, as we keep taking their players on loan.

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 29 Apr 2013, 16:39

A loose forward?

I must be missing something here.
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I walk that line every day.

stevieP
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieP » 29 Apr 2013, 16:40

A good move. Can we have O'Brien back as well please?

Towns
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Towns » 29 Apr 2013, 16:43

Skip wrote:A loose forward?

Why, because we haven't had a loose forward in about a decade? 'Tyke' can play anywhere in the pack to be fair.

Peter Carbert = best drummer in West Yorkshire.

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 29 Apr 2013, 16:51

Towns wrote:
Skip wrote:A loose forward?

Why, because we haven't had a loose forward in about a decade? 'Tyke' can play anywhere in the pack to be fair.
We had Westerman.

But regardless, I don't know many teams that run with a ball-handling loose anymore. It seems that instead a loose is interchangeable with a hooker or a second-rower/prop. The ball-handling element of the loose forward position has nearly vanished from the game.

By the bye, it seems we've got an abundance of second rowers that could fill in the position of loose. It's not strictly a position I see as a major area for strengthening, unless our pack are carrying knocks.
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I walk that line every day.

Towns
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Towns » 29 Apr 2013, 16:53

True. Used him as a second rower quite a lot. His aggression won't go a miss thats for sure.

Peter Carbert = best drummer in West Yorkshire.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 29 Apr 2013, 17:09

I wonder if this is the fella we were after, we got told he was a decent player from over seas, & technically he is with him being Irish.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 29 Apr 2013, 17:15

Good player recon he will go well for us as he will want t get out of cas and back in wire 1st team ASAP. Bit annoyed though that gill said when he took CEO job that he didn't see that as the area we needed a signing in and for me we need a scrum half, centre or a big strong prop to take us forward imo

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 29 Apr 2013, 17:20

Thought McCarthy was a prop, shows what I know, he certainly looks like one and runs it in like one!

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 29 Apr 2013, 17:35

Well we have got what we have got, & until we appoint a new coach things wont change in my eyes the players need a wage deduction, as there not playing like professionals,( more like ammeter's) they seem to be more dedicated to their tweets what we keep reading, usually along the lines of training done now home for a kip, in that respect is seems they have too much free time during the week, & should spend more time learning the basics of Rugby League.

To be honest I'm not worried about the club anymore what ever happens, happens, i wont be hear for the next month to enrage all our passionate followers, but with a bit of luck i will be back posting my same old rubbish, & by that time we might have a new coach, & we might be getting closer to that massive corner.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 29 Apr 2013, 17:42

Not a bad loan signing and will give more competition for places, I imagine Danny won't be signing anyone on a permanent basis as the new coach (whoever that may be) will want to bring his own people in. I'm sure I've seen Tyrone McCarthy filling in at centre too? loanees from wire generally go well for us, so fingers crossed (although there have been exceptions).
Danny Boy

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 29 Apr 2013, 17:42

If paper talk is correct Millington is also back so a back row selected from McCarthy, Holmes, Millington and Hauraki does not look bad and will put pressure on other players who are putting in below par performances

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 29 Apr 2013, 18:00

The emergence of Ben Currie has probably brought about this move, McCarthy is massively un used by wire IMO, he'll go we'll for us I'm certain of that

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 29 Apr 2013, 18:37

He's solid but not really any better than what we already have in an area that we have well covered. I'd have preferred the money spent elsewhere, like centre or more importantly a halfback.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 Apr 2013, 18:52

Rather give martin/fleming more game time or loan a centre and play jordy in the back row
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 29 Apr 2013, 19:01

The Firm wrote:He's solid but not really any better than what we already have in an area that we have well covered. I'd have preferred the money spent elsewhere, like centre or more importantly a halfback.
Not really any better than what we have, are you joking? this lad is as tough as old boots, and will tackle all day long, very much in the same mould as Holmes, but more aggressive, stronger, bigger and probably faster, and given the fact Oliver's probably been up to press our most consistent forward given the fact Hauraki's forms tailed off, even if its only a month, is a positive from me

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Apr 2013, 19:37

Frankas wrote:I wonder if this is the fella we were after, we got told he was a decent player from over seas, & technically he is with him being Irish.
Except we were told we were after an Australian!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 29 Apr 2013, 19:53

Black n Amber wrote:
The Firm wrote:He's solid but not really any better than what we already have in an area that we have well covered. I'd have preferred the money spent elsewhere, like centre or more importantly a halfback.
Not really any better than what we have, are you joking? this lad is as tough as old boots, and will tackle all day long, very much in the same mould as Holmes, but more aggressive, stronger, bigger and probably faster, and given the fact Oliver's probably been up to press our most consistent forward given the fact Hauraki's forms tailed off, even if its only a month, is a positive from me
Not joking at all. No better than Hauraki, Millington, Holmes or Thompson who should be in the back row. He's a solid player but that is all. The money could have been better spent elsewhere in my opinion. This just seems like we are doing Warrington a favour by getting him match fit.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 29 Apr 2013, 21:27

Those names you've mentioned, do you really think Tony Smith would place any of them in his run on 17, for last yrs challenge cup final, because I don't, other than Chris Hill and Ben Westwood who were outstanding last season, he was arguably their next best forward, and that's not to mention, Simon Grix, Ben Harrison, Trent Waterhouse, Adrian Morley