penalties to cas

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

penalties to cas

Post by caslad69 » 29 Apr 2013, 12:58

I know i look through biased eyes towards cas however i find it amazing that cas have only been awarded 3 penalties in the last 2 matches.
I find it hard to believe the game that is rugby league in one match we get 1 penalty against Leeds and then in the other we only get 2. Is this some sort of record.
A game that is as fast and tough as rugby league is i am baffled by this.
Just wondered whart others thought on this subject :(

allertoner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: penalties to cas

Post by allertoner » 29 Apr 2013, 13:09

How about the theory that sides usually concede penalties when under pressure? To build up that pressure you need to be attacking, getting through your sets and forcing error/penalties. Maybe we aren't putting sides under as much pressure or they cope with pressure better than we do.

Not saying I agree but there is always an alternative to the RFL/referee/world is against us theory.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Apr 2013, 13:11

Strangely we conceded less penalties than any other team last season

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 29 Apr 2013, 13:17

I am not complaining about the penalties given against us although i think some are dubious to say the least, I just dont understand how we are not being given any.
People say these things even themselfs up but if we not getting any how can they

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Re: penalties to Cas

Post by Frankas » 29 Apr 2013, 13:50

We were harshly dealt with at Salford, Walker was interfered with whilst playing the ball, result knock on
Carney puts his hand on their back whilst getting up to play the ball, the Widnes player goes down like a dying swan result penalty, leading to a try, their was no difference between the two incidents so they both were penalties, but it's not seen that way were told we knocked on, their told it's a penalty.

The last few minutes, Dixon pushed more than once whilst playing the ball result penalty, so make your own mind up, was the ref right or was he biased.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Apr 2013, 19:11

The paper said we got 6 v Salford.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Clarky
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Clarky » 29 Apr 2013, 19:47

[quote="HuddsTigers"]The paper said we got 6 v Salford.[/quote]

The paper is wrong. We got two penalties and one was whilst Salford were in possession.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Apr 2013, 19:48

Perhaps you should tell that to Opta and the RFL

http://www.superleague.co.uk/match_report/8848
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Clarky
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Clarky » 29 Apr 2013, 19:51

They do need telling as they have it wrong. Salford had three penalties in the first half (and scored two tries following them).

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 Apr 2013, 22:19

HuddsTigers wrote:The paper said we got 6 v Salford.
Paper i read said we lost the penalty count 5/2
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Apr 2013, 22:48

HuddsTigers wrote:Perhaps you should tell that to Opta and the RFL

The penalty figure relates to how many that team conceded. Salford conceded 2 penalties hence we were awarded two penalties ](*,)

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 30 Apr 2013, 09:10

HuddsTigers wrote:Perhaps you should tell that to Opta and the RFL

From the player stats at the bottom of your link

Penalties

Salford
Ryan McGoldrick 1
Adam Walne 1

Castleford
Jordan Tansey 1
Justin Carney 1
Rangi Chase 1
Keith Mason 1
Weller Hauraki 1
Lee Gilmour 1
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 30 Apr 2013, 13:22

I was absolutely dumbfounded as to how we weren't awarded a single penalty for holding down. I thought Widnes were bad for it the other week but Salford were even worse - not rolling away as is required but stepping over the tackled player, placing hands on his shoulders, occupying the ball carrier's space as he attempts to regain his feet, grappling with the ball...

We're absolutely miles behind the NRL in terms of quality and if we're going to begin to bridge that gap then we need a clean, fast, skillful game. The game at Leeds in the cup was a good example of this and the style of rugby we're trying to (and can) play. Teams like Bradford, London, Huddersfield, Widnes and now Salford with Noble in charge are often guilty of this anti-rugby which officials don't seem to have the bottle to deal with and the game is suffering as a result. It's about time these tactics were hammered by the whistle-blowers and our game was well and truly cleaned up.

Failing that, next time we have Alibert, the tactics should be to get a drop goal as early in the game as possible then spend the next 70-odd minutes with three defenders laying on top of a tackled player to ensure the win. I doubt he'd award a penalty...
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Apr 2013, 14:38

But he was letting the game flow!

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 30 Apr 2013, 15:07

Fumper27 wrote:But he was letting the game flow!
5-10 second play the balls cannot be disguised as 'letting the game flow'!!!
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 30 Apr 2013, 16:09

Alibert tried to keep the game flowing when Salford had the ball by shouting held before Cas had a chance to put their player to ground. When Cas players were tackled, he allowed the player to be grounded AND held down!!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Apr 2013, 23:11

orrsome wrote:Alibert tried to keep the game flowing when Salford had the ball by shouting held before Cas had a chance to put their player to ground. When Cas players were tackled, he allowed the player to be grounded AND held down!!!
Stop playing the victim all the time. Is it any wonder why we're the laughing stock of RL? After every game this season, bar one, the referee has been blamed for our defeat. Why not just accept we're not good enough and are carrying too much deadwood in the side? Only players to emerge with any credit thus far are Tansey, Webster (before injury), Chase, Clark, Milner, Thompson and Holmes. Fleming, Martin and Clare have done well in patches so that leaves about 12 players who're under performing. This is why we're bottom of the league.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Apr 2013, 23:54

Fumper27 wrote:
orrsome wrote:Alibert tried to keep the game flowing when Salford had the ball by shouting held before Cas had a chance to put their player to ground. When Cas players were tackled, he allowed the player to be grounded AND held down!!!
Stop playing the victim all the time. Is it any wonder why we're the laughing stock of RL? After every game this season, bar one, the referee has been blamed for our defeat. Why not just accept we're not good enough and are carrying too much deadwood in the side? Only players to emerge with any credit thus far are Tansey, Webster (before injury), Chase, Clark, Milner, Thompson and Holmes. Fleming, Martin and Clare have done well in patches so that leaves about 12 players who're under performing. This is why we're bottom of the league.
usually the table doesn't lie.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 01 May 2013, 02:27

Fumper27 wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 01 May 2013, 03:26

Fumper27 wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: from me as well.