Season Tickets/Bricks etc..

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Season Tickets/Bricks etc..

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Dec 2010, 23:34

So, after all the recent good news, who has gone out and purchased a ST, who will be purchasing a ST?

Same for bricks?

Good to see this forum's outlook completely change over the past few weeks. Onwards and upwards.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Towns
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Towns » 23 Dec 2010, 23:42

Proper want a Season ticket, but I'm going to Aus for a large part of July/August next year, so I'd miss too many games to justify it.

The brick, I haven't dismissed.

One things for sure though, I'm keen as mustard for Millenuim Magic!

Peter Carbert = best drummer in West Yorkshire.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Dec 2010, 23:46

bought a shirt today. don't know wether its a better batch but i couldn't find fault with the probiz iron on patch. neither could the wife and thats a first, her not finding fault. :D
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Dec 2010, 23:47

Buy a ST.

Throughout July and August you'll miss 3 home games. That means you can make 10 games, which is equivalent to paying on the day.

The benefit to buying a ST is that you get a 50% off voucher for MM too so will save you money on that.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Dec 2010, 23:49

lurcher wrote:bought a shirt today. don't know wether its a better batch but i couldn't find fault with the probiz iron on patch. neither could the wife and thats a first, her not finding fault. :D
That's good to hear.

I spoke to someone else yesterday who said they'd bought one and the only way they could see the logo was in the light. Once it was on the person it could not be seen at all.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 23 Dec 2010, 23:54

HuddsTigers wrote:
lurcher wrote:bought a shirt today. don't know wether its a better batch but i couldn't find fault with the probiz iron on patch. neither could the wife and thats a first, her not finding fault. :D
That's good to hear.

I spoke to someone else yesterday who said they'd bought one and the only way they could see the logo was in the light. Once it was on the person it could not be seen at all.
It's amateurish to say the lease. And give over with all this harassing people to but a season ticket. They will if they want. They won't if they don't want to. Simple.

I won't be as tickets aren't hard to come by on match days
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Dec 2010, 23:55

dettoriman wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
That's good to hear.

It's amateurish to say the lease. And give over with all this harassing people to but a season ticket. They will if they want. They won't if they don't want to. Simple.

It's not harassing, it's called pushing people to strengthen our SL licence application. You do want us to have that don't you? Or would you prefer to sit back and let everything just happen...

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 23 Dec 2010, 23:58

HuddsTigers wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
That's good to hear.

It's not harassing, it's called pushing people to strengthen our SL licence application. You do want us to have that don't you? Or would you prefer to sit back and let everything just happen...
I'll sit back and let people do what they want.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 23 Dec 2010, 23:59

dettoriman wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
That's good to hear.

I think "harassing" is a very strong word. Ridiculous really.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Season Tickets/Bricks etc..

Post by braytontiger » 23 Dec 2010, 23:59

HuddsTigers wrote:So, after all the recent good news, who has gone out and purchased a ST, who will be purchasing a ST?

Same for bricks?

Good to see this forum's outlook completely change over the past few weeks. Onwards and upwards.
i would buy a season ticket but holidays and a 13 week rostering system at work means its not worth the risk.

i really think in the current climate and the weekends people now after work and holidays another scheme could be put in place.. maybe a buy 4 home matches and get the 5th free to be used at any home game throughout the season.

i think these initatives would sell well,its hard enough knowing when cas are playing has it is with sky tv`s ability to change a game at short notice without trying to mix and match holidays and time off work to make it fit. believe me ive tried and its impossible.
Last edited by braytontiger on 24 Dec 2010, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Dec 2010, 00:00

By all means do that - I'm not forcing people to do anything - I'm just merely requesting people that are considering doing it to go out and do it because it strengthens our SL licence bid as said, not just by me, both in employment with the club and fellow fans like ourselves.

People have valid reasons as to why they won't purchase one and especially in the current climate - I just want the best for MY club. Hope that helps.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 24 Dec 2010, 00:00

:lol:

MY CLUB. MY CAS

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Dec 2010, 00:30

i worked shifts and weekends for 30 years and it puts a season ticket out of the question. just do a quick straw poll on the people you know. relatives friends and workmates. you'll be amazed how much of the employment in cas involves weekend working. there must be some way of accomodating people who want to put some money into the club upfront but can only get to a limited number of games. if the rfl take season ticket sales into consideration when dishing out franchises then some form of limited game season ticket must be worth looking into.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 24 Dec 2010, 00:42

Not sure on our average Season ticket sales maybe 1500 - 1700 and yet we average at worst 6000 a home game, that tells the RFL what we have, and hopefully when the climate changes and the stadium comes to fruition ST will increase . I understand the club want the money in the bank, but for all sorts of reasons it just dont work that way .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

devontiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by devontiger » 24 Dec 2010, 00:44

at the end of the day its what the attendance is for that particular
game is or end of season average is.
so all that can afford to attend do so before they start looking
at the franchise

-Daz-
League One Player
League One Player

Post by -Daz- » 24 Dec 2010, 01:49

One thing is for certain, people will always turn up in large numbers to watch a winning team.

It's very true the fans can do their bit, but so can the players and coach.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 24 Dec 2010, 02:51

I want to buy a brick, but don't fancy doing it online, if i go to the Tigers Den do i fill a form out there?

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 24 Dec 2010, 12:06

Having just gone to Carlton Lanes to buy a brick, to do my little bit to contibute to the exciting times ahead re the Stadium development, I coundn't help but reflect on my years of supporting Cas and how, IMO this is THE most important even since Cas were elected to the RFL in the twenties.

I can remember the bad old days of the early sixties when i first started watching Cas, Sat, afternoon KO 3.00, I would walk down WR and usually you could tag onto a player(s) making his (their) way to the match, Colin Battye, Kenny Pye or Sally Lunn, and have a chat about the match, believe me these were hard times two/three wins out of approx thirty odd games, a few hundred supporters, ridiculed at school for being a Cas fan and then things began to change with the locals Chuck, Heppy Bill B Dereck E etc making their impact

Of all the subsequent happy events three Wembley wins, beating Aus. at WR, 30,000 at WR in a cup game, opening of the only floodlights at the time in Yorkshire v New Zealand, and admittance to SL, NOTHING, NOTHING can compare to the deveolpment of the Stadium and IMO consquently the re-emergance of the tigers as a major force in SL.

The events of this week, I am not in the least bit interested in the hubris and turmoil that is happening on the wrong side of Heath Common, with our final application for the construction of a Staduim fit for purpose, is the culmination for me of a tumultuous time in supporting the tigers.

We have never had, a how shall I say a very good releationship between club directors and passionate supporters, I must hold my hand up and say I have been sceptical regarding our CEO actions in the past, but it appears that we have now started on a great new era for Cas Tigers, sponsors, new players, excitment from supporters etc so in the words of the great actor Buzz Lightyear ".....to infinity and beyond"
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Dec 2010, 12:39

-Daz- wrote:One thing is for certain, people will always turn up in large numbers to watch a winning team.

It's very true the fans can do their bit, but so can the players and coach.

:clap:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Dec 2010, 12:41

Towns wrote:Proper want a Season ticket, but I'm going to Aus for a large part of July/August next year, so I'd miss too many games to justify it.
Buy a ST, the games you cant go to sell your ticket for a tenner.