New kit on show in Thursdays P&C

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

New kit on show in Thursdays P&C

Post by fenton » 25 Oct 2010, 17:00

Richie Mathers is doing a photo shoot tomorrow for the new kit tomorrow, hopefully the pics will be on the site soon after.

Hopefully i'll get a pic of it on here before then though. ;)

EDIT: Just noticed his twitter says Wednesday and not tomorrow.

EDIT: Its in this weeks P&C
Last edited by fenton on 03 Nov 2010, 17:12, edited 2 times in total.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Oct 2010, 17:08

He said on twitter he cant wait to see what the new shirt is like.
I did tell him it was mainly white (home) and the away was a bit like the 86 cup final shirt.

I did ask him not to tell anyone i'd told him ;)

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 25 Oct 2010, 17:17

He's trying to get a pic online isn't he? But doesn't know if he can or not.

Have you seen the shirt?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Oct 2010, 17:18

fenton wrote:He's trying to get a pic online isn't he? But doesn't know if he can or not.

Have you seen the shirt?
No i've not seen it, only told what it's like.
The person who told me said he modeled it.

madtigerman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by madtigerman » 27 Oct 2010, 17:10

from Mathers Twitter page

[Mon 25th Oct]

Doing my first official thing for Castleford on Wednesday, photo shoot for the new kit... Really looking forward to seeing what it looks like!

[Wed 27th Oct]

Sorry cas fans under strict orders not to post the new kit but you can see it exclusively in the Castleford & Ponterfract Express next Thursday so all get a copy!! It's pretty cool by the way!
LET CLAYTON GO FOR GOOD THIS TIME!!!!!!!!

TIGER FOR LIFE, NOT JUST SUPER LEAGUE

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 28 Oct 2010, 10:51

Hopefully the photos will be used to update the homepage on the Cas website.

Time to get rid of the picture of Shenny I reckon.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 28 Oct 2010, 11:47

legionited wrote:Hopefully the photos will be used to update the homepage on the Cas website.

and Joe on the intro page!
Danny Boy

corsa
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @ianhenshaw1983

Post by corsa » 28 Oct 2010, 17:43

Danny Boy wrote:
legionited wrote:Hopefully the photos will be used to update the homepage on the Cas website.

and Joe on the intro page!
False Advertising!!! :roll:

SUPER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS WINNER 2011

Outwood tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Outwood tiger » 28 Oct 2010, 18:00

Who Cares about the [REMOVED] shirt!!

We have major problems at Cas with players being allowed to leave and the Stadium looking further away than ever FFS!!

Bugger the shirt, we need some proper straight talking from Wrighty!!

He is like the bloody RIDDLER for christ sake!!!!!!

RIDDLE ME THIS.......blah blah funding..... blah selling top players....blah blah Ben Bailey!!!!!!

Cleaned up - Sigon

corsa
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @ianhenshaw1983

Post by corsa » 28 Oct 2010, 18:02

Outwood tiger wrote:Who Cares about the [REMOVED] shirt!!

We have major problems at Cas with players being allowed to leave and the Stadium looking further away than ever FFS!!

RIDDLE ME THIS.......blah blah funding..... blah selling top players....blah blah Ben Bailey!!!!!!
When you put it like that :clap: :clap: :clap:

SUPER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS WINNER 2011

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 28 Oct 2010, 18:03

Everyone. I couldn't face the moaning if its not the right shade of amber.
Outwood tiger wrote:selling top players
Players? ;)
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Outwood tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Outwood tiger » 28 Oct 2010, 18:23

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
Everyone. I couldn't face the moaning if its not the right shade of amber.
Outwood tiger wrote:selling top players
Players? ;)
EH!!!!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 28 Oct 2010, 21:13

You said players rather than player.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2010, 21:17

Cleaned up - Sigon
Further away than ever? You mean effectively guaranteeing that we will be submitting full PP, that it's not hot air and the club will be moving to Glasshoughton?

Hardly major problems. Minor problems, maybe.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Outwood tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Outwood tiger » 29 Oct 2010, 08:26

Mate.........if you can't see anything wrong with what is going on at this moment in time ........... Then you must be taking copius amounts of mind altering substances!!!!!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Oct 2010, 08:33

Absolutely not. I can see people's points of views and share in their frustrations. But I cannot blame the club for something when it isn't their fault.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 29 Oct 2010, 08:40

Can you explain what is wrong with the club? - it is a concern that players are leaving but then look at Saints - they have a number of young promising players going (one to our good selves). Players move on just like you and i do when we look for a new job.

You get bored in what you are doing and look for a change - i know its a cliche but a new challenge. For all we know he may not of wished to have moved but seeing your home town club needing cash forced his hand somewhat

As for the cash element of it £100k is a substantial amount of money to have to raise to pay a creditor probably on 30 day terms. It's not run of the mill and as such would not have been factored into the cash forecast - six months ago when signing players. And lets not forget that we additionally paid £120k for the original plans to be done. £220k for a company the size of CTRLFC is substantial and not something you mystically pull out of thin air.

The fact we have to pay it to get the stadium moving forward is therefore the most importnat thing to remember in this deal.

Like i said elsewhere i would place money on the fact the designs are done but until the cash is paid the architects wont submit them and to be honest would you?

I agree it not a great sistuation to find oneself in but these are not everyday times and as a result sometimes thinking long term is far more impoartant than thinking short term.

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 29 Oct 2010, 09:00

St Albans tiger wrote:Can you explain what is wrong with the club? - it is a concern that players are leaving but then look at Saints - they have a number of young promising players going (one to our good selves). Players move on just like you and i do when we look for a new job.

You get bored in what you are doing and look for a change - i know its a cliche but a new challenge. For all we know he may not of wished to have moved but seeing your home town club needing cash forced his hand somewhat

As for the cash element of it £100k is a substantial amount of money to have to raise to pay a creditor probably on 30 day terms. It's not run of the mill and as such would not have been factored into the cash forecast - six months ago when signing players. And lets not forget that we additionally paid £120k for the original plans to be done. £220k for a company the size of CTRLFC is substantial and not something you mystically pull out of thin air.

The fact we have to pay it to get the stadium moving forward is therefore the most importnat thing to remember in this deal.

Like i said elsewhere i would place money on the fact the designs are done but until the cash is paid the architects wont submit them and to be honest would you?

I agree it not a great sistuation to find oneself in but these are not everyday times and as a result sometimes thinking long term is far more impoartant than thinking short term.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 29 Oct 2010, 09:28

St Albans tiger wrote:Can you explain what is wrong with the club? - it is a concern that players are leaving but then look at Saints - they have a number of young promising players going (one to our good selves). Players move on just like you and i do when we look for a new job.

Spot on
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 29 Oct 2010, 12:27

As always St A, a very well presented arguement.

However, in terms of funding the planning application, £220k out of a total build cost of £12-20m seems a very small sum indeed.

You know I have long held fears that we don't have the money to even think about starting construction and issues like this seem to support that view even more. What puzzles me most is the fact that I thought Waystone were taking the lead on the build and therfore the application was there's to make on our behalf?

I've no dobt the costs will be passed onto the Club but does that require payment here and now?

Whatever the facts are, we always seem to encounter delays and it is becoming tiresome to say the least. Needless to say I can't wait for the rocket up my rear to get e going again and hopefully Cas Tigers can give me that rocket with some positive action very soon.
Spreading the Cas gene pool