Jon Wells

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Piquad1
Danny Orr
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

Re: Jon Wells

Post by Piquad1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:29 am

We're on the brink. :roll:

tigerfeat
Dean Sampson
Posts: 10705
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by tigerfeat » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 am

If all this was sorted out months ago theve been a bit sneaky leaving it until now to announce it when nearly 3,000 season tickets have been sold and most have let the club keep last year's season ticket money
Maybe they had no choice with the financial state were in but still a statement from the club again would be appreciated
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Luke Gale
Posts: 3574
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by gateman » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 am

i must have missed it what was his title and roll ??

nottinghamtiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4972
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by nottinghamtiger » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:27 am

tigerfeat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 am
If all this was sorted out months ago theve been a bit sneaky leaving it until now to announce it when nearly 3,000 season tickets have been sold and most have let the club keep last year's season ticket money
Maybe they had no choice with the financial state were in but still a statement from the club again would be appreciated
There are many things I consider when deciding whether to have a season ticket or not.
Jon Wells isn’t one of them, though.

Fumper27
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8342
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Jon Wells

Post by Fumper27 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:35 am

Piquad1 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:29 am
We're on the brink. :roll:
Of what?

Fumper27
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8342
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Jon Wells

Post by Fumper27 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:35 am

tigerfeat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 am
If all this was sorted out months ago theve been a bit sneaky leaving it until now to announce it when nearly 3,000 season tickets have been sold and most have let the club keep last year's season ticket money
Maybe they had no choice with the financial state were in but still a statement from the club again would be appreciated
What financial state are we in? Can’t be that bad if we’ve (as mentioned) rejected a £250,000 bid for Jake Trueman.

tigerfeat
Dean Sampson
Posts: 10705
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by tigerfeat » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:47 am

Few things surprise me in life now if we've turned down a quarter of a million for a player that would be one ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Dean Sampson
Posts: 10705
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by tigerfeat » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:59 am

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:27 am
tigerfeat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 am
If all this was sorted out months ago theve been a bit sneaky leaving it until now to announce it when nearly 3,000 season tickets have been sold and most have let the club keep last year's season ticket money
Maybe they had no choice with the financial state were in but still a statement from the club again would be appreciated
There are many things I consider when deciding whether to have a season ticket or not.
Jon Wells isn’t one of them, though.
I meant the whole business with Powell and Danny Orr now Wells leaving I was going to add McDermott as the new coach but I still can't believe that one tbh
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
Danny Orr
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by Mucky1978 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:00 am

Mark Gratton said last week in the fans meeting we was in a good financial position.
We would spend up to the cap again next season.
Could be lying but hey ho.

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 18288
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by old cas lass » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 am

Mucky1978 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:00 am
Mark Gratton said last week in the fans meeting we was in a good financial position.
We would spend up to the cap again next season.
Could be lying but hey ho.
Sadly owners or the people who run any sports club, they will say owt to appease fans.

ERG2012
Danny Orr
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:09 am

Re: Jon Wells

Post by ERG2012 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 am

Mucky1978 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:00 am
Mark Gratton said last week in the fans meeting we was in a good financial position.
We would spend up to the cap again next season.
Could be lying but hey ho.
If Mark Grattan was selling a talking parrot I'd check to see if it had a speaker up its jacksie

FIat Capper
Dean Widders
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:59 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by FIat Capper » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:38 am

Have Cas confirmed our mysterious Director of Rugby is leaving?

Rats and sinking ship spring to mind but either way, we love a bumpy ride darn t'lane.

Oldcasman
Dean Widders
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by Oldcasman » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:34 pm

Where has this been announced wells is leaving?

Scoopage
Danny Orr
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Jon Wells

Post by Scoopage » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:09 pm

Fumper27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:52 pm
Scoopage wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Fumper27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:36 pm
covid tiger wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:32 pm
Am more concerned as the 3 departures are from 3 men that are Cas born and bred and passionate about the club.
3 departures??? Powell, Wells and....
Orr
That was ages ago!!!
Just guessing who he was in about

Fumper27
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8342
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Jon Wells

Post by Fumper27 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:34 pm

Scoopage wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:09 pm
Fumper27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:52 pm
Scoopage wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Fumper27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:36 pm
covid tiger wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:32 pm
Am more concerned as the 3 departures are from 3 men that are Cas born and bred and passionate about the club.
3 departures??? Powell, Wells and....
Orr
That was ages ago!!!
Just guessing who he was in about
Good luck guessing what goes on in there matey!!

Post Reply