How much to buy the club......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flood light tiger
Junior Moors

Re: How much to buy the club......

Post by flood light tiger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:36 pm

I think that the shareholders would want in the region of £10 million plus

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:59 pm

I’m sure they would want that. What’s it worth though?

St Albans tiger
Dean Widders

Post by St Albans tiger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Any one buying the club would not even need to consider buying any shares other than the IF shares because he is the majority shareholder and therefore would out vote the existing shareholders.

They can demand 40 pounds a share, or what they paid for them but its literally only what the Fulton family want, and perhaps the wright's.

Lofthouse Tiger
Danny Orr

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:48 pm

As it stands you would not need to buy the shares from anyone but IF as that would be sufficient to run he club as he is doing at the moment.

The rest of the shares are pretty much worthless so why would anyone want to pay over the odds for something they wouldnt need?

I can see why IF may say that the players and Sky money have a value but the ground in its state does not. The players and Sky money are not guaranteed as players lose value and the Sky deal could be much less or gone completely so how long would they be of value and how can you put a price on those? Not saying you are wrong, just asking the question.

I appreciate that if the club goes to the wall then it is out of the hands of the shareholders to sell it on but the people brought in to sell it aren’t too fussed to get a high price, just enough to pay loans and/or debts and nothing else.

Tigers1926
Dean Widders

Post by Tigers1926 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 am

I reckon if someone turned up with the idea of turning the club around and sorting out the ground situation, IF would want out asap. I wish I could say it was me.

tigerfeat
Adrian Vowles

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:43 am

You only have to look what Featherstone have done to there ground to realise what could have been done at Cas years ago we've gone with the new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years and in the end I think that will cost us dear
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Dale Fritz

Post by Fumper27 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:18 am

tigerfeat wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:43 am
new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years....
And then some mate. Wasn’t there talk of a new ground at Whitwood before the turn of the century?

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:19 am

tigerfeat wrote:
You only have to look what Featherstone have done to there ground to realise what could have been done at Cas years ago we've gone with the new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years and in the end I think that will cost us dear

I don't buy into this. We could have done what Fev have done but it has zero benefit to us. It is essentially putting a lipstick on a pig.

We need a whole new ground that offers much more commercial scope, better facilities, better parking, better disabled facilities and fundamentally is 21st century.

Fev were able to update a part of the ground but it is still what it is: a slightly better Championship ground, in a down-trodden (no offence to anyone living in Fev) pit village. They may get away with SL rugby like we have at some point but aspirations have to be higher. The two side stands side by side look a bit of pig's ear IMO but it does a job with extra seating.

If we were to do that it would be akin to putting a roof on the Railway End and converting the marquee into a gym and saying we have an amazing ground.

If we want to progress as a club, the only way is a new stadium or completely taking apart WR and starting again.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Adrian Vowles

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:24 am

Fumper27 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:18 am
tigerfeat wrote:
new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years....
And then some mate. Wasn’t there talk of a new ground at Whitwood before the turn of the century?
Yeah it's been year after year of false hopes
Vince Lombardi

dettoriman
Dean Sampson
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:26 am

Why would anyone want to buy us?

Our facilities are outdated

And there’s no money in rugby league

Unless they were a fan of the club with money to burn, They’d never be interested
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

tigerfeat
Adrian Vowles

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:28 am

HuddsTigers wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:19 am
tigerfeat wrote:

I don't buy into this. We could have done what Fev have done but it has zero benefit to us. It is essentially putting a lipstick on a pig.

We need a whole new ground that offers much more commercial scope, better facilities, better parking, better disabled facilities and fundamentally is 21st century.

Fev were able to update a part of the ground but it is still what it is: a slightly better Championship ground, in a down-trodden (no offence to anyone living in Fev) pit village. They may get away with SL rugby like we have at some point but aspirations have to be higher. The two side stands side by side look a bit of pig's ear IMO but it does a job with extra seating.

If we were to do that it would be akin to putting a roof on the Railway End and converting the marquee into a gym and saying we have an amazing ground.

If we want to progress as a club, the only way is a new stadium or completely taking apart WR and starting again.
I get what your saying but where we going to get 15 million to build a new ground ?and all this time the promise of a new ground year after year the patrons have had to put up with facility's that are not good enough let's be honest

The latest venture looked good at the start but before that it was just pie in the sky stuff on building a new ground
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:53 am

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:

I agree with this but it’s starting to become ‘fake news’ that Feath have the best ground in the Wakefield Council area

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 am

It is getting harder and harder to run a club in the sport and could be even harder if broadcast income drops next year.

Look at any new ground, they rely on a council being willing to fund it or benefactors.

Wigan - funded privately, Hudds - funded by council with two clubs involved, Salford - council funded, Leigh - council funded, Widnes - council funded, Warrington - funded in partnership with Tesco, St Helens - funded by selling Knowsley Road and land, and partnership with one of local glass companies I believe. Hull - council funded.

Could go on. None of the clubs have ever had to fund or pay for their own ground, perhaps bar Saints even though they had commercial help.

If Axiom falls through then the council have to step up, it is simple as that. They loaned Wakey £3m.

In reality, they should bite the bullet and fund £15m for a new stadium at Normanton in the same way Kirklees council structured theirs.

50% ownership for council/25% Cas/25% Wakey.

Sell both Belle Vue and Wheldon Rd as our funding contributions to put into it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Adrian Vowles

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 am

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:53 am
HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:

I agree with this but it’s starting to become ‘fake news’ that Feath have the best ground in the Wakefield Council area
I didn't say they'd got the best ground but theve improved there ground and the facility's while we have hung back in the hope of getting a brand new ground
Vince Lombardi

Casmania
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Casmania » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:57 am

HuddsTigers wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 am
It is getting harder and harder to run a club in the sport and could be even harder if broadcast income drops next year.

Look at any new ground, they rely on a council being willing to fund it or benefactors.

Wigan - funded privately, Hudds - funded by council with two clubs involved, Salford - council funded, Leigh - council funded, Widnes - council funded, Warrington - funded in partnership with Tesco, St Helens - funded by selling Knowsley Road and land, and partnership with one of local glass companies I believe. Hull - council funded.

Could go on. None of the clubs have ever had to fund or pay for their own ground, perhaps bar Saints even though they had commercial help.

If Axiom falls through then the council have to step up, it is simple as that. They loaned Wakey £3m.

In reality, they should bite the bullet and fund £15m for a new stadium at Normanton in the same way Kirklees council structured theirs.

50% ownership for council/25% Cas/25% Wakey.

Sell both Belle Vue and Wheldon Rd as our funding contributions to put into it.

The ground cannot be sold for that purpose. The ground is security for the Fulton loan. The loan agreement states when the ground is sold the proceeds of the sale go to paying off the loan. There will be very little or nothing left, particularly with the debt continuing to rise due to the interest payments.

In addition, if the council do fund a stadium (which they simply can't afford)it would be on a community basis. This means any sport could play there and they would keep most of the generated income.

Unfortunately it doesn't stack up for many reasons.

MY CLUB. MY CAS