Attendance trends

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Attendance trends

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Oct 2019, 09:30

Ponte Pigeon wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:23 Serious question, does the ground currently have disabled toilets?
I believe so, think it’s the toilets opposite the marquee but can’t be too sure having never set out to use or find them. May only be just the 1 with radar key though.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Oct 2019, 09:31

thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 08:05
nottinghamtiger wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 19:35
thedogvinnie wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 19:17 if the crowd didnt drink so much of that ale that they cant get to buy they wouldnt spend half the game [REMOVED], simple,
We cannot invest in both facilities and players, can you imagine the comments if we invested i self flushing [REMOVED] rather than a half back.
The club needs a definite answer on when or even if we are moving to ponty (almost) until then i understand the reluctance on spending money on the old girl
I think it’s the very definition of a false economy.
Not providing adequate toilets puts people off going now. That’s money we are not bringing in now and for the foreseeable next few seasons. It needs some investment now so that we don’t lose revenue for at least two years.
Even worse, should anyone suffer an injury in those toilets because they are ankle-deep in urine and therefore unsafe, the club could lose a fortune in a legal case. I shudder to think how easy it would be to win a PI case on the back of an injury suffered in there; a simple photo of the state of the facilities would be enough.
So what would you prefer new toilets or investment into the playing staff? as i said Cas cannot afford to do both, please explain your "real" economy where all these things can be afforded, I am sure the club would love your expert financial wizardry.
I think this is where you're argument falls down a bit, to be honest. We don't need to "invest" in the playing staff. If we have been spending up to the salary cap as the club claims, we are not investing more in the playing staff each year are we? Our expenditure in that area is, as the name suggests, capped. No investment needed or indeed allowed.
The exception is transfer fees, but in reality that's not something we should be paying out regularly and I don't think we've spent more than we have received when you factor in the money for Solomona (that easily paid for Hardaker and then Mata'utia) and the money for Gale (that will cover the price of Liam Watts).
So if we aren't spending any more on player wages (because of the salary cap) and we are breaking even in terms of players in and out, we aren't "investing" in the playing staff - just maintaining a consistent level of expenditure.
As such, and in answer to your question, we should be investing in improving the toilets. I can only speak for myself here, but my daughter is lost to the club because they can't even be bothered to put locks on cubicle doors. To be honest, that's not even an investment - it would cost pocket-change to sort this but because they haven't, she's only attended one game this year. This is where the false economy comes in - replacing those locks would have cost far less than the club have lost because she now won't go. Essentially, the income from one child attending games regularly would have been greater than the expenditure of putting locks on cubicle doors. That's just sensible economics and I don't need 'expert financial wizardry' to see it.
And that's not even considering the amount of money the club lost in merchandise sales as she now has no interest in the club, so she's asking for other stuff for her birthday and at Christmas.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Oct 2019, 09:36

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:31
thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 08:05
nottinghamtiger wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 19:35
thedogvinnie wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 19:17 if the crowd didnt drink so much of that ale that they cant get to buy they wouldnt spend half the game [REMOVED], simple,
We cannot invest in both facilities and players, can you imagine the comments if we invested i self flushing [REMOVED] rather than a half back.
The club needs a definite answer on when or even if we are moving to ponty (almost) until then i understand the reluctance on spending money on the old girl
I think it’s the very definition of a false economy.
Not providing adequate toilets puts people off going now. That’s money we are not bringing in now and for the foreseeable next few seasons. It needs some investment now so that we don’t lose revenue for at least two years.
Even worse, should anyone suffer an injury in those toilets because they are ankle-deep in urine and therefore unsafe, the club could lose a fortune in a legal case. I shudder to think how easy it would be to win a PI case on the back of an injury suffered in there; a simple photo of the state of the facilities would be enough.
So what would you prefer new toilets or investment into the playing staff? as i said Cas cannot afford to do both, please explain your "real" economy where all these things can be afforded, I am sure the club would love your expert financial wizardry.
I think this is where you're argument falls down a bit, to be honest. We don't need to "invest" in the playing staff. If we have been spending up to the salary cap as the club claims, we are not investing more in the playing staff each year are we? Our expenditure in that area is, as the name suggests, capped. No investment needed or indeed allowed.
The exception is transfer fees, but in reality that's not something we should be paying out regularly and I don't think we've spent more than we have received when you factor in the money for Solomona (that easily paid for Hardaker and then Mata'utia) and the money for Gale (that will cover the price of Liam Watts).
So if we aren't spending any more on player wages (because of the salary cap) and we are breaking even in terms of players in and out, we aren't "investing" in the playing staff - just maintaining a consistent level of expenditure.
As such, and in answer to your question, we should be investing in improving the toilets. I can only speak for myself here, but my daughter is lost to the club because they can't even be bothered to put locks on cubicle doors. To be honest, that's not even an investment - it would cost pocket-change to sort this but because they haven't, she's only attended one game this year. This is where the false economy comes in - replacing those locks would have cost far less than the club have lost because she now won't go. Essentially, the income from one child attending games regularly would have been greater than the expenditure of putting locks on cubicle doors. That's just sensible economics and I don't need 'expert financial wizardry' to see it.
And that's not even considering the amount of money the club lost in merchandise sales as she now has no interest in the club, so she's asking for other stuff for her birthday and at Christmas.
As i said in another post, fit locks weekly so the "fans" can kick them off again. I agree its sad to lose your daughter and her love of the tigers. The loos near the scoreboard have working locks, i have just been informed by my other half

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Oct 2019, 10:04

thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:36 As i said in another post, fit locks weekly so the "fans" can kick them off again. I agree its sad to lose your daughter and her love of the tigers. The loos near the scoreboard have working locks, i have just been informed by my other half
It's unfortunate and frustrating, but repairing damage is just a normal expenditure for a company (whether it is caused intentionally or not). Maybe they could put a steward outside the female toilets to eject those who kick the doors down every game if it's happening that often.
You don't go to a restaurant to find food and drink all over the floor because one customer threw it there the previous night. You don't go to the GPs to find stale vomit all over the floor because a patient was sick there two weeks ago. You don't go in a shop to find all the products smashed against the wall because they were burgled last month.
It's part of being a business - you have to maintain your environment if you want people to keep coming back.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Oct 2019, 12:24

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 10:04
thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:36 As i said in another post, fit locks weekly so the "fans" can kick them off again. I agree its sad to lose your daughter and her love of the tigers. The loos near the scoreboard have working locks, i have just been informed by my other half
It's unfortunate and frustrating, but repairing damage is just a normal expenditure for a company (whether it is caused intentionally or not). Maybe they could put a steward outside the female toilets to eject those who kick the doors down every game if it's happening that often.
You don't go to a restaurant to find food and drink all over the floor because one customer threw it there the previous night. You don't go to the GPs to find stale vomit all over the floor because a patient was sick there two weeks ago. You don't go in a shop to find all the products smashed against the wall because they were burgled last month.
It's part of being a business - you have to maintain your environment if you want people to keep coming back.
but you could take your daughter to the scoreboard end for a wazz, as i was told the locks still work in them bogs, is it too far to walk ???

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Oct 2019, 13:13

thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 12:24
but you could take your daughter to the scoreboard end for a wazz, as i was told the locks still work in them bogs, is it too far to walk ???
You are the club's "facilities manager" and I claim my £5.
We could go to the scoreboard end, but I shouldn't need to know the details of which toilet doors lock and which do not.
Ultimately the club should maintain a basic level of maintenance that all toilet cubicles lock, rather than creating a rather unpleasant treasure hunt to find one.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Oct 2019, 13:37

You have no argument on this at all.

You must be Mark Gratton to back them on this subject.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Oct 2019, 13:39

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 13:13
You are the club's "facilities manager" and I claim my £5.
We could go to the scoreboard end, but I shouldn't need to know the details of which toilet doors lock and which do not.
Ultimately the club should maintain a basic level of maintenance that all toilet cubicles lock, rather than creating a rather unpleasant treasure hunt to find one.
Bless, and as the clubs "facilities manager" i will arrange for someone to wipe your arses as well. Heaven forbid that you have to walk to a loo. I do hope the new ground has loos with a window on to the playing surface so you dont miss a thing while you are bearing down. The mind boggles
In my humble opinion, the licensing and new stadia brigade have turned RL fans into a set of bloody nancies, more interested in the toilets than the game , I despair

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Oct 2019, 13:51

:lol: didn’t The Hudds Tigers attempt to defend the state of our bogs the last time it was raised, even he is keeping his head down this time around. Talk about trying to defend the indefensible

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Oct 2019, 13:57

alftupper wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 13:51 Talk about trying to defend the indefensible
It's bizarre.
We not talking about hundreds of thousands on a major redevelopment of the stadium here.
How anyone can think we shouldn't spend a couple of hundred quid (if that) on making sure toilet doors lock so that people (especially kids) can go to the toilet without everyone watching them is beyond me.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Oct 2019, 14:19

i think if you roll back time about this time last year fans were complaining about the toilets, has anything improved if it as i have not seen it, i am not holding my breath that anything will have happened in the close season

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Oct 2019, 14:36

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 13:57
alftupper wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 13:51 Talk about trying to defend the indefensible
It's bizarre.
We not talking about hundreds of thousands on a major redevelopment of the stadium here.
How anyone can think we shouldn't spend a couple of hundred quid (if that) on making sure toilet doors lock so that people (especially kids) can go to the toilet without everyone watching them is beyond me.
You’re right of course it’s a drop in the ocean. To think the money we blow on the likes of Will Maher could have fully tiled every khazi in the ground and paid for an attendant every match day, far better value for money. Sorry Will if you’re reading :D

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Oct 2019, 19:14

alftupper wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 14:36
nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 13:57
It's bizarre.
You’re right of course it’s a drop in the ocean. To think the money we blow on the likes of Will Maher could have fully tiled every khazi in the ground and paid for an attendant every match day, far better value for money. Sorry Will if you’re reading :D
Sad but true

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Oct 2019, 08:12

i keep suggesting a working party of retired fans could come down once a week and do minor repairs painting and cleaning , it works at both Feath and Wakefield cold water keeps being thrown over this idea , i cant see why

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Oct 2019, 09:59

gateman wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 08:12 i keep suggesting a working party of retired fans could come down once a week and do minor repairs painting and cleaning , it works at both Feath and Wakefield cold water keeps being thrown over this idea , i cant see why
It does with at other clubs and we should do the same.

The work they've done, like with the main stand siding and covering the roof, looks great but it's a sticking plaster on a rotting corpse.

The problem we have is it needs serious work, which if and when we move, it's wasted.

I'd like the club to start an email it text line so you could notify of issues and then sort them. Some of the stuff will be very basic, like toilet rolls or, damaged stuff for repair.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 17 Oct 2019, 10:31

gateman wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 14:19 i think if you roll back time about this time last year fans were complaining about the toilets, has anything improved if it as i have not seen it, i am not holding my breath that anything will have happened in the close season
Probably adviseable to hold your breath if you use them

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 Oct 2019, 12:47

gateman wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 08:12 i keep suggesting a working party of retired fans could come down once a week and do minor repairs painting and cleaning , it works at both Feath and Wakefield cold water keeps being thrown over this idea , i cant see why
I’m not retired but own my own business and can be fairly flexible. I’d be quite happy to volunteer some time on a regular basis. I don’t have a ‘trade’ but there are plenty of things that could be done that don’t require certification etc... - making toilets presentable, general maintenance, a coat of paint here and there etc... If the club would embrace the idea I’m sure that they could get a decent sized group of people to volunteer their time.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Oct 2019, 12:58

derbystiger wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 12:47
I’m not retired but own my own business and can be fairly flexible. I’d be quite happy to volunteer some time on a regular basis. I don’t have a ‘trade’ but there are plenty of things that could be done that don’t require certification etc... - making toilets presentable, general maintenance, a coat of paint here and there etc... If the club would embrace the idea I’m sure that they could get a decent sized group of people to volunteer their time.
Is it something the Supporters Club have thought about approaching the Club with? It doesn't have to be limited to Supporters Club members but the SC could perhaps organise a "Ground Support" team?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 17 Oct 2019, 14:17

Wow all these posts about toilets I’m glad you lot didn’t work in the mines where there’s no toilets at all, I thought we went to watch rugby not have surveys about who has the best toilets I pity some if they go to some parts of France where they use a hole in the ground :lol:

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Oct 2019, 14:37

Oldcasman wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 14:17 Wow all these posts about toilets I’m glad you lot didn’t work in the mines where there’s no toilets at all, I thought we went to watch rugby not have surveys about who has the best toilets I pity some if they go to some parts of France where they use a hole in the ground :lol:
I think that the point folk are trying to make is that a “professional” sports team should have facilities as such and not the poor excuse for facilities that we have to contend with.

As with other posters, both my wife and daughter now refuse to attend games because of the state of the facilities available