BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

Post by CasRus » 02 Feb 2021, 12:52

Fumper27 wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 12:03
barking wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 11:15
alftupper wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 14:33 Oh dear Barking AKA Vinnie the Dog seems to be getting very worked up. As you say CasRus, still not got over the fact we aren’t being led by a Marxist government.

Even after all that has happened over the last year the shambles of a Labour Party are still trailing according to latest polls.
copy, pate
try thinking you not so clever person

*EDIT - Admin
Oh the irony of you picking fault previously with someone making a spelling mistake 😂😂😂🤫🤫🤫
Yes I agree !! Barking (AKA Vinnie) lacks substance between his lugholes and doesn't produce any serious discussion but rather resorts to name calling when he is well outdone - He must have a very sad life and tries his best, bless him !!!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 03 Feb 2021, 11:42

barking wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 11:14
FIat Capper wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 15:31
barking wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 12:01 never had you down as a tory lickspittle capper, takes all sorts i suppose, you still hiding from VD????

pathetic
Never believe anything Bumbling Boris says but I do follow the science. I recommend you try the same.

And yes, I'm still hiding from you VD, even though I have no idea who you are or where you are after your no show.

Hope you can still get your mets through all this?
Mets ??????

I am spartacus and you bottled it when VD waited in the Glassblower.

Cry me a river, or just continue lying, its up to you

With that lying mentality of yours, its obvious you are one of bodybag Johnsons sheeple.

Keep trying sonny. ............................................................. mets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mets - Methamphetamines. Apologies if I've not used the correct term, I don't get out much sat here in hiding from the world's hardest man.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 03 Feb 2021, 16:05

Back to Brexit and the mounting tension in NI is a little worrying with what appear to be Unionists already writing graffiti stating the Good Friday Agreement is dead. All this relates to the new border in the Irish Sea and the checks that have to be carried out on freight arriving at the NI ports.

Winner, winner, ckicken dinner...

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 08 Feb 2021, 11:53

Well look what's going on just now with the EU !

Germany trying to wrestle the vaccine program from the EU and deal in house, Italy on it's arse (with no growth for over 20 years as is Greece) and many rumblings coming form both Scandinavian countries and Southern Europe countries regarding getting hold of vaccines !!

I predicted the break up and end of the EU once we left and this looks like it is gathering pace already at a speed I didn't think would be that fast !!

On a very worrying note though from a worldwide perspective, it is looking at becoming to be increasingly bad for all as there's also massive talk in the USA of a second civil war based on the lines of the GOP v Democrat and the rise of the the Trump GOP backers who are off the richter scale of common sense, intelligence and who are gullible to sheer fantasy of fairytales straight out of fictional theories !!

Put these two occurrences together and we are looking at a world heading for total chaos and the buzzards of Russia and China looking on to pick the bones of the democratic West !!

Don't know about you lot but I'm getting increasingly worried every time I look at the news as there is seismic shifts occurring all over the world with the latest of Myanmar and Mozambique as 2 more countries heading for political trouble !!

The other Elephant in the room is climate change - another nail in the coffin on this when you see the latest occurrence of a massive glacier break away in India and flatten all their hydro infrastructure - once all that melts away, no water for these regions that they are reliant on !! Looks Like Times are about to change for all of us I'm afraid !!!!

And now back to my Monday Morning Cornflakes after all that Doom and Gloom !!

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 09 Feb 2021, 11:48

You couldn't make it up about the EU. 26/27 countries in one block. The rich ones picking what they want from the poorer ones. It's now a case of sod you Jack I'm ok. Always said the EU makes the mafia look like amateurs. We are better off out of it, and the destiny is in our hands now. Let's crack on 🇬🇧

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 09 Feb 2021, 16:14

Tigers1926 wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 11:48 You couldn't make it up about the EU. 26/27 countries in one block. The rich ones picking what they want from the poorer ones. It's now a case of sod you Jack I'm ok. Always said the EU makes the mafia look like amateurs. We are better off out of it, and the destiny is in our hands now. Let's crack on 🇬🇧
100% agree !

Finland, Sweden and Denmark are about ready to pull the plug on the EU judging by the news comments by ranking political members today !!

Another story coming out today is that the "CORRUPT" EU have also been turning a blind eye on Luxembourg who have been "laundering" money through to tax havens from companies within the EU and an untold amount of tax has been lost.

Take a look at our shellfish industry that the EU has now banned from us for no reason other than playing dirty tricks ! Like one of their own EU members said today, has the UK waters suddenly got filthy overnight in highlighting the implausibility of that Brussels decision ?

Just goes to show as the UK having managed to escape the EU claws, what else is now being exposed about the EU's corrupt practices and their mafia type methods and blackmailing threats (i.e Vaccine issues) !!!!!!

Hope all those "F'in" Remoaners have woken up to the fact that we were always gong to be better off "flushing away" the cr.p we have put up with from the EU for many a year !!!

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 09 Feb 2021, 16:31

Bang on CasRus. They are only upset that we've left because we were one of, if not the biggest contributor. They are corrupt and I'm sure it'll all start coming out when other countries start getting itchy feet. I'm sure the end is nigh and all those ME,P's will be worried about losing their jobs for the boys ie The Kinnocks, father, mother and son if I'm not mistaken.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 09 Feb 2021, 17:15

what you're witnessing is what happens when countries do not co-operate. Therefore, singing the praises of the one country that has pulled it's plug on any co-operation is a tad hypocritical.

There will always be arguments in any organisation as big as the EU but it further highlights the need to continue to co-operate. After all, now that we've got greater (not yet full) control of the see creatures that swim close to our island (neither the water not it's contents are British as they are free to roam where ever they want!), it's a pity a large proportion of it is dying on the quayside because of the lack of meaningful co-operation and the now necessary bureaucracy.

Like any major governing body, the EU isn't perfect as it seeks to serve many various factions but by-and-large it's co-operative nature over all these years has protected it citizens.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 09 Feb 2021, 19:10

FIat Capper wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 17:15 what you're witnessing is what happens when countries do not co-operate. Therefore, singing the praises of the one country that has pulled it's plug on any co-operation is a tad hypocritical.

There will always be arguments in any organisation as big as the EU but it further highlights the need to continue to co-operate. After all, now that we've got greater (not yet full) control of the see creatures that swim close to our island (neither the water not it's contents are British as they are free to roam where ever they want!), it's a pity a large proportion of it is dying on the quayside because of the lack of meaningful co-operation and the now necessary bureaucracy.

Like any major governing body, the EU isn't perfect as it seeks to serve many various factions but by-and-large it's co-operative nature over all these years has protected it citizens.
Capper, there was every reason to pull the plug as we joined a "common market" way back then which is what we voted for on purely a trade basis and what had emerged at the end of it was a monster run by a corrupt cartel making every decision for us - that's not what you or I voted for back in the day and any changes should have been sought through the people that successive governments have failed to consult us on and had since just gone ahead and sold all our decision making rights down the river with no further referendums to check with us !!!

What strikes me is that the underbelly of "Brussels EU" with Brexit happening is how they have now been shown for what they really are and you can now see the cracks looming very large with other EU countries just about to break EU ranks (Sweden is seriously looking to opt out) and if we had stayed in anyway, it was always going to be an inevitability of it happening and took us down with them !! Thank the Lord we didn't join the Euro !!!

You can thank the Brexiteers of the UK for at least giving us the chance to save our own skin in opting us out !!!

On your point of protecting it's citizens, do you think NATO hasn't had any clout in Europe on security ???? Also, Europe in general has always had a co-operative nature in trade including with us - look at where the Vikings went trading for example after they finished their pillaging days and I seem to recall I drunk lots of Blue Nun and Liebfraumilch back in the day when these were the only wines you could get your hands on.... you've got to laugh !!!!

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 09 Feb 2021, 21:13

It's funny how any humans found in the English channel belong to us, but any fish belongs to the EU..

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 Feb 2021, 11:01

Tigers1926 wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 21:13 It's funny how any humans found in the English channel belong to us, but any fish belongs to the EU..
That's a great Analogy !!

I see Nigel Farage has advocated that BJ should consider boarding EU vessels in retaliation, take charge of UK waters and impose stricter measures on similar lines as to what they have imposed on our Shellfish trade in retaliation ! Two can pay at their game !!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 Feb 2021, 11:05

Here's a very interesting news release that will cheer up us Brexiters and keep the remoaners still sat with their heads in beer glasses or gas oven as the case may be !! :-

Take that, Brussels! Boris told to join Canada, Australia and NZ to form £2.5tn SUPERPOWER
James Bickerton 1 hour ago

The plan, known by the acronym CANZUK, would see the four countries agree to free trade, reciprocal migration and foreign policy cooperation. This would allow citizens of the four CANZUK nations to move freely between each other, provided they don't have a serious criminal record.

CANZUK International, which advocates for the scheme, was founded by Toronto based James Skinner in 2015.

Explaining the policy to Express.co.uk he said: "The vision for it is really founded on the principle of these four countries working together as sovereign independent nations for the betterment of their economies and opportunities for their citizens.

"The way we promote that is through three objectives. The first would be reciprocal migration whereby citizens of these countries could freely live and work in the other countries, minus a few stipulations and requirements.

"Then free trade between these countries would maximise trading potential opening up trade to [markets worth] about $3.5trillion (£2.5trillion).

"The third aspect would be foreign policy cooperation so acting as sovereign nations we could improve on the relations we already have."

A poll of 13,600 people in 2018 for CANZUK International found overwhelming support for free movement in all four nations.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 Feb 2021, 11:10

And here's another good news Brexit story emerging - feels like Christmas may be coming very early !!:-

Brexit coup: Switzerland turns to UK for trading pact after 'bad blood with EU'

Daily Express logoBrexit coup: Switzerland turns to UK for trading pact after 'bad blood with EU'

The UK and Switzerland will look to strengthen ties via a financial services pact as both countries endure tension with the EU. Brussels and London clashed during the recent debacle over coronavirus vaccines, when the EU threatened to stop the delivery of jabs into Northern Ireland. The move came after months of tense negotiations for a Brexit trade deal, in which rows over fishing, trade and regulation threatened to see the UK leave the EU without a deal. Switzerland has also been negotiating with the EU over an institutional framework agreement.

Brexit: EU trade rules ‘too complicated' says expert

Negotiations for the partnership began in 2014, but are still to reach a formal conclusion.

This process has been marred by fallout over stock markets after the EU chose not to recognise Switzerland's equivalence in 2019.

This meant investment firms in the EU were no longer allowed to trade on the Swiss stock exchange.

Swiss Prime Minister Guy Parmelin, who at the time was economy minister, warned the EU in 2019 that Switzerland could do a deal with the UK instead, blaming Brussels' "dogmatic" approach.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 10 Feb 2021, 12:15

I look forward to viewing all the inevitable rules that all those agreements will bring. I just hope the CANZUK group like pork as our pig farmers are struggling with no EU market to go to.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul is never a good economic policy.

As for the poor souls risking life and limb to 'illegally' cross the channel, under ALL international agreements (not EU rules), we have a duty to save the lives and accommodate all those we rescue. These people choose to attempt to cross and this will continue. It is nigh on impossible to stop as all it takes is a boat and a beach.

EU countries could and should do more but this will only ever be tackled at source by improving the lives of citizens in their own birth country.

Still, once all these CANZUK folk start streaming in, we'll have plenty of room...

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 Feb 2021, 13:08

FIat Capper wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 12:15 I look forward to viewing all the inevitable rules that all those agreements will bring. I just hope the CANZUK group like pork as our pig farmers are struggling with no EU market to go to.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul is never a good economic policy.

As for the poor souls risking life and limb to 'illegally' cross the channel, under ALL international agreements (not EU rules), we have a duty to save the lives and accommodate all those we rescue. These people choose to attempt to cross and this will continue. It is nigh on impossible to stop as all it takes is a boat and a beach.

EU countries could and should do more but this will only ever be tackled at source by improving the lives of citizens in their own birth country.

Still, once all these CANZUK folk start streaming in, we'll have plenty of room...
Capper, the point of the Analogy made was to show how France are greedy enough for UK waters fish and yet when it comes to illegal immigrants, they are turning a blind eye and in effect are helping push their boats out into the channel to get over to the UK (i.e. not making much effort to stop this and where the UK have had to send over assistance in more or less holding them to account to stop this and save lives as it seems they aren't that arsed whether illegal immigrants live or die so long that the problem then becomes ours !!). Even on vaccines, we have been criticized by the EU block for what ? having the gumption to crack on and they haven't and then had the AZ/Oxford vaccine by France/Germany to put the frighteners on in using it for over 65's merely from a political standpoint in deflecting their shortcomings !! Give me a Break and stop defending the indefensible !!

On the UK leaving the EU, like I've said before and eulogized by that silly mare in the EU this week regarding vaccines and why the UK has excelled in getting way ahead of the EU on this - She has at least agreed that the UK has become a starship fighter to deal with all aspects compared to the juggernaut EU Mother-Ship and that was the point I have always maintained especially on trade deals before any other country within the EU decide to break away in the future - We now have first dibs on world trade deals and the country is looking well placed to get these deals over the line which means more jobs, more opportunity and being able to make decisions to benefit on our own. The world is changing fast and I'm afraid the EU is looking more like a "Dead Parrot" (as Monty Python would say) as each day passes !!

This CANZUK deal if it comes off also means ease of movement within the Americas and ease of immigration/emigration within that block which is a massive bonus - Canada for example is much nicer than Spain anyway and have much more pleasant people and have a bigger opportunity for business as it still is a vast developing country - To me, that makes more sense than trying to prop up the likes of Italy, Greece etc who haven't got a pot to p.ss in (have you seen their balance sheets lately ! - we at least have the opportunity to pare down our debt going forward with these type of trade deals in the offing and I can't see how Greece for example are going to be able to reduce theirs !!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 10 Feb 2021, 13:30

In turn, as I said, in or out of the EU we will still be obliged to deal with the poor souls that find themselves lost in what you claim are British waters. Being inside or outside of the EU won't change this at all unless everyone deals with the problem at source (which is not France). I'm also guessing you're not aware of the multi-cultural life in many parts of France which has a long record of housing immigrants?

I am pleased we are ahead of the EU with vaccines but over 100k dead doesn't seem like a price worth paying for putting all our eggs in the vaccine basket. I assume being out of the EU didn't stop us developing a better Covid strategy? Thanks Bozza - not!

Trade deals, again, robbing Peter to pay Paul is not a good economic policy. We've lost a huge market in the EU and whilst CANZUK and others may offer alternatives, I have no faith in being able to obtain fair trade deals that give us a net benefit. They may well open us up to cheaper imports that ultimately cost jobs and the economy.

Canada may well be 'developing' but climate change is likely to limit the expansion somewhat. I for one do not want to see the destruction of the Northern forests in the same way the Amazon has. It is after all far easier to share energy provision over the 20 miles of the English channel than it is over the 3k miles of the Atlantic.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 10 Feb 2021, 17:36

Capper, the pork situation will sort itself out by simply breeding enough for the demand. As for immigration, the EU as turned the biggest of blind eyes over the years in that the UK will have em. Eg what have the EU done about Hungary? Besides all of this the immigrants once landed in the EU are in safe hands and they should be equally distributed throughout the EU and not just the UK. The other big players in the EU should hang their heads in shame. As for the vaccines don't get me started. They have been caught asleep or is it possible that the other major EU countries don't want to have to pay for the countries that cannot afford it now that one of its biggest paymasters has left the corrupt party. Talk about childish and bottom lip out, and all they can do is threaten NI, pathetic! Back to immigration for a minute, it should have immediately stopped once we left and infact we should be deporting any EU nationals on benefits, and should be one for one, ie one polish in for every British citizen who goes to work in Poland and so on with all other EU countries. People are going to say we can't manage without em, wrong, it's the companies who thought they could get away with paying higher wages for the UK workforce. We only joined the common market in the 70s and look how it ended! The big players in the EU seem to have very short memories of what this little island did in both the world wars and we still ended up being forced to accept all their corrupt closed shop laws and rrules.Sure we can trade with them if they want to, but for every way they wish to do us over, its gotta be reciprocated. It's about time us British stood up and be proud of ourselves cos in the EU we couldn't for fear of being branded racist 🇬🇧 ps Just a little note on what most of the immigrants are who are in France waiting to get here, they are young Islamic males who put British truck drivers at risk every day, I should know, it's what I do 🚛

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 10 Feb 2021, 17:43

Should be lower wages 👍

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 10 Feb 2021, 18:31

I'm sure the average Pork farmer will be happy to survive on selling one pig per year. The EU market is there and we, yes we, have but an unnecessary barrier between us. Demand goes down, British farmers suffer.

I'm also unsure what you don't understand about the refugees that are so desperate for a better safer life they risk climbing in your wagon for that risk free ride over here. They will still try, come what may.

As for the Eastern Europeans, it would appear our new deal with Canada, Aus and NZ will be free to enter with no control, replacing the Poles. |I doubt they'll come for the lesser paid jobs though as all those countries pay better because of their economic base. Once again our farmers will suffer because no one will want to pick fruit and veg.

The world markets were always there and British manufacturing is still renowned around the world for it's quality, based on higher skill sets.

I am proud of the fact I'm British but feel no need to shout about it. I was happy to let our inclusive actions far outweigh the shouting and balling of the likes of Farage.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 10 Feb 2021, 19:09

They are young men who hide down motorway bankings after they have thrown bricks and slabs on the road so you have to swerve or stop and when you do, they assault us and call us infidels and have weapons, knives etc, and they wonder why we don't want to stop. The French police do not want to know. I understand the families who want to reach safe shores but it must be 95% are men who you would not want in your town.. We have to have our breaks before or around Paris so as we don't have to stop again before the channel tunnel, Calais or Dunkerque.