BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

Post by FIat Capper » 16 Mar 2021, 17:21

Sounds good but there doesn't seem to be any detail on any trade agreement covering fish sales to the EU. No point catching em if we can't sell em.

And in the same Express article:

"However, yesterday a new coalition made up of environmental groups, called Greener UK, criticised the Government for failing to use Brexit to strengthen its environmental commitments.

The coalition, which includes The Wildlife Trusts, RSPB, and environmental law charity ClientEarth. has warned that the Government's air pollution and water quality regulations are going to be weaker than under the EU system.

They claim that environmental principles in the UK will be watered down.

Sarah Williams, of Greener UK, said: "The Government said Brexit would see improved environmental standards, but laws that protect people and nature are set to be weaker now than they were before."

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Mar 2021, 17:43

FIat Capper wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 17:21 Sounds good but there doesn't seem to be any detail on any trade agreement covering fish sales to the EU. No point catching em if we can't sell em.

And in the same Express article:

"However, yesterday a new coalition made up of environmental groups, called Greener UK, criticised the Government for failing to use Brexit to strengthen its environmental commitments.

The coalition, which includes The Wildlife Trusts, RSPB, and environmental law charity ClientEarth. has warned that the Government's air pollution and water quality regulations are going to be weaker than under the EU system.

They claim that environmental principles in the UK will be watered down.

Sarah Williams, of Greener UK, said: "The Government said Brexit would see improved environmental standards, but laws that protect people and nature are set to be weaker now than they were before."
I suggest you allow the time for the Government to address/redress these type of issues which are important to be "yes" looked into as Everyone and His Dog perceive they have some very major issues having to be addressed right now with huge overriding priorities (unless Capper you have changed your name to Sleeping Beauty and been zedding it for the past 100 years or you expect the Government to place a broomstick up their arse and sweep up as they go along !).
Eeee Some People eh ! Wanting Rome built in a Day !!!

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 16 Mar 2021, 19:26

There's only one punishment for the death of Sarah Everard and that is death. It seems too easy a crime to commit because all you get is a few years B&B at our expense. You can call me what you like, but I won't change my mind.. As for the actual subject Brexit, lesssssssssssssssgo Britain 🇬🇧

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 17 Mar 2021, 14:14

Tigers1926 wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 19:26 There's only one punishment for the death of Sarah Everard and that is death. It seems too easy a crime to commit because all you get is a few years B&B at our expense. You can call me what you like, but I won't change my mind.. As for the actual subject Brexit, lesssssssssssssssgo Britain 🇬🇧
Should the current suspect for the killing be found guilty, I'm sure his previous status as a Police officer will ensure he gets an easy ride inside. It'll be just like me when I'm staying in a B&B, early morning walk, grab and read a newspaper, steady full English and then a relaxing day, probably with a few beers in the afternoon.

I'm tempted to commit a serious crime...

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 17 Mar 2021, 17:41

Tigers1926 wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 19:26 There's only one punishment for the death of Sarah Everard and that is death. It seems too easy a crime to commit because all you get is a few years B&B at our expense. You can call me what you like, but I won't change my mind.. As for the actual subject Brexit, lesssssssssssssssgo Britain 🇬🇧
I agree with you , if he is found guilty beyond doubt ( and with modern technology there's every chance ) he should be put to sleep and good riddance . Keeping such people alive Sutcliffe, moors murderers , ect ect I think puts extra pain and stress on the victims friends and relatives . Saves millions too .
On the new laws , All seem to be designed to stop people protesting and causing a disturbance ( keeping people in check) Using a mega phone near parliament £5000 fine. Residing in a protest camp £2500, A one person protest £2500 or 1 year jail, Creating a public nuisance up to ten years jail . Not exactly the freedom our forefathers fought and died for !
PS . Just got my council tax bill though the letterbox . Ad love to know why live in a 3 bed end townhouse worth maybe £170000 and am going to pay £1,644 when a house in Belgravia worth 77.5 million pays £1560 . Its easy to see why the average donation to the Tories is £30,000 and the average Labour party is 15 quid . Never forget money goes to money !!!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 Mar 2021, 17:59

baldtiger wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 17:41
I agree with you , if he is found guilty beyond doubt ( and with modern technology there's every chance ) he should be put to sleep and good riddance . Keeping such people alive Sutcliffe, moors murderers , ect ect I think puts extra pain and stress on the victims friends and relatives . Saves millions too .
On the new laws , All seem to be designed to stop people protesting and causing a disturbance ( keeping people in check) Using a mega phone near parliament £5000 fine. Residing in a protest camp £2500, A one person protest £2500 or 1 year jail, Creating a public nuisance up to ten years jail . Not exactly the freedom our forefathers fought and died for !
PS . Just got my council tax bill though the letterbox . Ad love to know why live in a 3 bed end townhouse worth maybe £170000 and am going to pay £1,644 when a house in Belgravia worth 77.5 million pays £1560 . Its easy to see why the average donation to the Tories is £30,000 and the average Labour party is 15 quid . Never forget money goes to money !!!
Glad to see some agreement to what I've been banging on about these past number of months in bringing harsh sentencing and death penalty to some gruesome murderers like you have mentioned and Lee Rigby murder was another worth mentioning getting decapped by a machete !! - and like you say, saves millions on keeping these "scum of the earthers" alive in prison which could be spent on the needy instead like kids who have disabilities/mental issues.

You've got it cushy Bald Tiger at £1,644 Council Tax ! Mine was just short of £2,400 last year and I'm dreading this years !!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 17 Mar 2021, 18:12

It would certainly be an interesting piece of legislation that effectively says, we're certain you did it - hang, we're not totally certain so off to jail you go. I'm not entirely sure anyone would want to put in law what the difference actually is?

Without it of course, you are then left with the option of hanging all those found guilty of murder, including those that may be innocent or not convicting some who may be guilty but there's no physical evidence (DNA, etc.).

AS for the Moor's murderers, Brady was pleading to be killed for many years so keeping him alive continued to punish him further.

I just simply believe there's no easy answer but I certainly disagree with targeting protestors, although I quite like the idea of tagging released criminals for a while, even forever unless they get the conviction overturned.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 17 Mar 2021, 20:50

There's the technology today to be sure about getting the right person. Can anyone tell me why the appalling murder of Sarah Everard is so much in the media, when there have been 300 women homicides in the past year. I know the alleged suspect is a copper, but I'm sure the relatives and loved ones of the 300 think that their own loss is just as important.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 18 Mar 2021, 13:16

Tigers1926 wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 20:50 There's the technology today to be sure about getting the right person. Can anyone tell me why the appalling murder of Sarah Everard is so much in the media, when there have been 300 women homicides in the past year. I know the alleged suspect is a copper, but I'm sure the relatives and loved ones of the 300 think that their own loss is just as important.
The media coverage is typical of the British media, they get a story and run with it even if it's only the same as many other stories. It really shouldn't have taken the latest incident to start a meaningful discussion about the safety of all of us but whatever we do, there will always be individuals that commit murder. We ALL need to keep ourselves safe.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 19 Mar 2021, 15:00

Here's something we may all agree on and has a slightly tenuous link to Brexit.

The Scottish One has long advocated the need to uphold democracy, oft stating that Scotland did not vote to leave the EU and should therefore have the right to choose to remain.

However, she now appears to be saying democracy isn't worth the paper it's written on after a Scottish parliamentary committee voted 5-4 that she'd misled the Scottish parliament.

However well she may speak or perform in public, I trust her as much as I trust Boris, but for very different reasons...

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 19 Mar 2021, 16:54

It's always seemed hard to trust a politician and for whichever party they represent, but it seems that whenever they open their mouth we the public have to take it with a pinch of salt. It seems that the higher up the political ladder you get, the more bullsh*t they expect us to take in and believe. As for the EU thing with Scotland, we voted as the UK and not individual countries, but if they want to go down that road that's fine, but no money goes north of the border and they are completely on their own.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 19 Mar 2021, 17:26

Tigers1926 wrote: 19 Mar 2021, 16:54 It's always seemed hard to trust a politician and for whichever party they represent, but it seems that whenever they open their mouth we the public have to take it with a pinch of salt. It seems that the higher up the political ladder you get, the more bullsh*t they expect us to take in and believe. As for the EU thing with Scotland, we voted as the UK and not individual countries, but if they want to go down that road that's fine, but no money goes north of the border and they are completely on their own.
Scotland if they ever voted and become Independent would soon come crawling back bust and broke as they are not big enough to go it alone !! The problem up there (and yes I have lived and worked up there also) is what is called the "BraveHeart Syndrome" !! They like Beating their Chests and Lifting their Kilts up to show the "Sassenachs" their Arses and do not support England in any way shape or form in Games of Football/Rugby and would rather support Australian against England in Rugby ! It's Very Tribal up their and I was labelled a "White Settler" when I lived there albeit in a bit of fun but had undertones to that !!

Anyway, what I want to know is why we as England don't get a referendum to come out of the UK !!

We should say sod off to these Scottish Picts (who are still living in Edward LongShanks 1200 days of old) if they keep harping on about the persecution their forefathers suffered in days gone by which is what it is and we obviously aren't able to do anything about history and which they keep holding on to this long established grudge !!!! It's Totally Pathetic and they need to get over themselves as we all are part of one island ! Wouldn't it just be interesting if we did get a vote to come out of the UK and be English Independent !! - It would be really funny !!

Their SNP Leader "Jimmie Krankie" is obviously in this "Scotland the Brave" camp big time but and by the way, not all Scots think like this especially in the East of Scotland but quite a lot of other areas especially around Glasgow do !! Will be very interesting to see the elections next month and can see the SNP losing a load of support whether she keeps her job or goes, either way (SNP would probably lose more is she keeps her job)!!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 19 Mar 2021, 17:33

I wasn't expecting a Scottish independence debate, particularly as we seem to agree, but her hypocrisy really struck me. Constantly bleating on about upholding democracy and then totally dismissing it when it doesn't agree with her.

I'm not sure she has any credibility anymore but fear many Scotts will still see her as a Joan of Arc.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 19 Mar 2021, 18:19

As a truck driver I used to go up Scotland fairly regularly and I can tell you she is not liked at all much outside the central belt. Unfortunately this is where most of the population lives, and some would vote for a pile of steaming [REMOVED] before have anything to do with us south of the border. I've either heard or read somewhere that they do not have a big enough working population to pay for the pensions nether mind anything else. They used to claim the north sea gas and oil was there's but it wasn't just the Scottish tax payers that developed the oil and gas industry. Then you have the hypocritical celebs like Sean Connery who will not and does not live there because he'd have to pay more tax. He's not by himself though cos we have a lot more English that have done exactly the same, but for Scotland it's a problem..

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Mar 2021, 14:56

Back to Brexit after the "Jock" Bashing and another poke in the eye for the "Doubting Thomas" Remainers ! :-

'UK becoming a trade supernation!' Tireless Liz Truss nears £17bn Australia trade deal
THE UK is closing in on a multi-billion post-Brexit trade boost with Australia just as ministers formally apply to join a mammoth Pacific free-trade partnership.
By RICHARD PERCIVAL
PUBLISHED: 12:30, Thu, Mar 18, 2021 | UPDATED: 17:04, Thu, Mar 18, 2021

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 20 Mar 2021, 18:36

We're on it CasRus 🇬🇧💪👌

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Mar 2021, 19:54

The EU .....They won't like this up 'em Mr.Mannering !!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pfizer warns UK could hit back over EU threat to block vaccine exports

European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen issued the warning this week amid the shambolic distribution of jabs on the continent.

She threatened to block exports of vaccines to Britain while complaining that the EU was 'still waiting' for Astazeneca doses to be delivered from the UK, where the vaccine drive is far outpacing efforts on the continent.

However, von der Leyen's threat has sparked a response from pharmaceutical giant Pfizer and partner BioNTech.

The firms have told Brussels of the potential power held by the UK, which could see officials preventing raw materials needed for the jab being shipped from Northern England if the row continues.

A chemicals firm in the small town of Snaith, North Yorkshire, signed a five-year contract with the EU before Christmas and has since delivered 'fatty molecules' to Pfizer factories in the bloc, according to the Telegraph.

If Boris Johnson and his top team move to stop deliveries flowing across the Channel, it could see production at its main site in Belgium halted completely within weeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------

How will they like these Bananas !!!!!!! Pro Remaining EU !! I don't 'effin think So !!!! They are a Bunch of Lying Deceiving OverPaid set of C...s, sorry Individuals !!!! (and that sorry wasn't really meant !!)

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 22 Mar 2021, 16:49

Tittle tattle isn't going to help anyone but can you remember 'Project Fear' and it's claim that trade with the EU would be affected? Seems to be coming true so we shouldn't be too surprised.

Anyway, as my first point is the most important, I can't see anyone blocking exports as it will only serve to cut off the nose to spite the face.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 24 Mar 2021, 07:17

‘Refugees’ not welcome... nice work Priti, not before time :clap:

I’ve got a few suggestions what Balls-Cooper and the rest of the snowflakes can do with their placards.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 24 Mar 2021, 13:08

alftupper wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 07:17 ‘Refugees’ not welcome... nice work Priti, not before time :clap:

I’ve got a few suggestions what Balls-Cooper and the rest of the snowflakes can do with their placards.
Your statement bears no resemblance whatsoever to anything the Home Sec has just announced. Yes, the system is to be overhauled with those lucky enough to arrive by a recognised travel route (planes, trains and automobiles!) will be treated differently from the minority that arrive by rubber innertube. Refugees will still be allowed to stay.

I can't help but think that investment in the immigration services, the assessment teams that say yeah or nay, would improve the situation and give a clear indication of the likelihood immigrants can stay, would help but that's not the way of this lot in charge.

More importantly, without any formal agreement with the EU (because we've left), once we decide they can no longer stay and must be returned to France/Germany/Italy/etc. , these countries don't have to accept them so they'll still be stuck here. Can't see that prospect putting many off paying the smugglers.

As usual, it's big headlines with no substance.