Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
CasRus
Junior Moors
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:23 am

Yes it is, but it is also owned by Labour by advocating a second referendum as to what is ultimately being rolled out by them as the Northern Heartlands will prove when they vote for Farage ! You are missing a massive point here WF10 !

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 am

Incorrect.

Brexit referendum proposed in a Tory election manifesto to appease some in their Party.
General Election where the Tories won a majority, thanks in part to the above manifesto pledge.
Brexit referendum.
Leave won.
Tory leader didn't like the result so resigned.
Tories coronated another Party leader.
Tories proposed a General Election.
Tories lost their majority gained previously but cobbled together a deal to keep them in power.
Brexit ongoing.

But its somehow Labour owned?

Right-oh.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

CasRus
Junior Moors
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:03 pm

WF10 wrote:Incorrect.

Brexit referendum proposed in a Tory election manifesto to appease some in their Party.
General Election where the Tories won a majority, thanks in part to the above manifesto pledge.
Brexit referendum.
Leave won.
Tory leader didn't like the result so resigned.
Tories coronated another Party leader.
Tories proposed a General Election.
Tories lost their majority gained previously but cobbled together a deal to keep them in power.
Brexit ongoing.

But its somehow Labour owned?

Right-oh.

Let me explain - It is Labour owned as well as the Tories as all decisions have been/are voted on in the Commons ! For Clarity it's Commons owned irrespective of how it got there (Labour and Tories plus the others) ! Labour are as much complicit along with the Tory ERG wing of voting down May's deal so yes it is essentially all parties who now own it !
Has that nail finally been hammered in correctly ?

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:03 pm

If they'd kept their majority by either:
a) not calling for the 2017 General Election
b) winning a majority in the 2017 General Election

the Tories would be able to pass motions in the House.

THEY called for an Election.
THEY lost their majority.
THEY have to deal with it.

The OPPOSITION simply has to OPPOSE.

Not [REMOVED] rocket science mate.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

CasRus
Junior Moors
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:51 pm

WF10 wrote:If they'd kept their majority by either:
a) not calling for the 2017 General Election
b) winning a majority in the 2017 General Election

the Tories would be able to pass motions in the House.

THEY called for an Election.
THEY lost their majority.
THEY have to deal with it.

The OPPOSITION simply has to OPPOSE.

Not [REMOVED] rocket science mate.
It will all come out in the wash anyway and I suspect it won't be favourable for Labour so I don't know why you are cribbing so much or is it a case of nervous defence !

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:19 pm

CasRus wrote:Yes it is, but it is also owned by Labour by advocating a second referendum as to what is ultimately being rolled out by them as the Northern Heartlands will prove when they vote for Farage ! You are missing a massive point here WF10 !
Chatting.
Pure.
[REMOVED].
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

CasRus
Junior Moors
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:22 pm

WF10 wrote:
CasRus wrote:Yes it is, but it is also owned by Labour by advocating a second referendum as to what is ultimately being rolled out by them as the Northern Heartlands will prove when they vote for Farage ! You are missing a massive point here WF10 !
Chatting.
Pure.
[REMOVED].
BELIEVE IN BORIS !! If not BELIEVE IN FARAGE !!

My thoughts are:- Either way and in the event of a General Election if no Brexit, it's either Farage/Libs taking down both Labour and the Tories or the Tories taking down both Farage/Libs and Labour if he secures a deal ! Pretty grim for Labour either way it plays I think !! It's all going to be very interesting ! Anyway, there's always a chance of a Middle East war looming which may Trump all (pardon the pun !).

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:40 pm

CasRus wrote:
WF10 wrote:
CasRus wrote:Yes it is, but it is also owned by Labour by advocating a second referendum as to what is ultimately being rolled out by them as the Northern Heartlands will prove when they vote for Farage ! You are missing a massive point here WF10 !
Chatting.
Pure.
[REMOVED].
BELIEVE IN BORIS !! If not BELIEVE IN FARAGE !!

My thoughts are:- mainly incoherent.
Fixed that for you.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15273
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by HuddsTigers » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:29 pm

WF10 wrote:If they'd kept their majority by either:
a) not calling for the 2017 General Election
b) winning a majority in the 2017 General Election

the Tories would be able to pass motions in the House.

THEY called for an Election.
THEY lost their majority.
THEY have to deal with it.

The OPPOSITION simply has to OPPOSE.

Not [REMOVED] rocket science mate.
They lost their majority in part because Labour stood on a manifesto of leaving the EU too, alongside all of their other promises and because of the Maybot performance.

The logic (if you believe they had any) in not supporting May’s deal was that they couldn’t do anything that would support letting the Tories achieve something. It would have given May a chance to shout about how great she was. They had no intention of agreeing to anything and had no intention of trying to find common ground.

Labour are unelectable and their flip-flopping has meant they cannot be trusted. Remainers will stick with Lib Dem’s while only the head in sand Labour voters will stick with Labour. Labour have made the wrong decision going with Remain. All the northern heartland seats voted Leave barring those inner city areas.

Brexit vote will be split between Brexit Party and Tories and it wouldn’t surprise me if they formed a coalition to take down Labour in a snap election soon. Brexit Party will attack the north and Tories will attack the south. Remain vote will be split between Labour, Lib Dem’s, Plaid, Greens and SNP. That’s the problem (though Labour’s change probably means Greens will return to being non-existent again)

All they need is a pro-Brexit majority in Parliament to get things through.

Either way this isn’t going to die soon - it’s going to carry on and rumble on and on because the country is split. Remainers won’t budge barring towards a soft Brexit at most, which they say may as well be in the EU. Brexiteers want a hard Brexit. There’s no middle ground that people are willing to compromise to.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

CasRus
Junior Moors
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Did anyone see Boris rip Corbyn and MacDonell to shreds on Thursday on his first address ?

It really showed up the state of Labour as to what they currently are - anti democratic betrayers of the people !

What is Corbyn now ? Is he still anti EU ? Oh No he isn't.... oh yes he is...oh no he isn't !!!! What an absolute pathetic joke of a leader and all true as to what Boris said that he's been re-programmed and bodysnatched !!!

Boris has managed to find that Magic Money Tree that Labour has been using these past months - play them at their own game eh !!

The good thing is the optimism of this bloke and the intent to address the north south divide ! - Honestly, he won't be able to pull everything off on the promises he's made but if he get's the North moving with investment at the very least, that's good enough for me !

If he pulls off removing the backstop, there should be a deal which would get through the Commons and we can all move on !! The Boris UK / Trump USA trade deal now being seriously put together could bring in a huge amount of money to pay for the promises in time, so hopefully, for the sake of sanity(including labour voters) let's hope we can all get behind him and look to rosier days ahead as if battle lines continue we are all going to be stuffed !

Let him have his head and see where it all goes for the sake of the country and leave politicking out of it for now ! At least it's been a huge breath of fresh air from the stench of stagnation these past 3 years !

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:58 am

HuddsTigers wrote:
WF10 wrote:If they'd kept their majority by either:
a) not calling for the 2017 General Election
b) winning a majority in the 2017 General Election

the Tories would be able to pass motions in the House.

THEY called for an Election.
THEY lost their majority.
THEY have to deal with it.

The OPPOSITION simply has to OPPOSE.

Not [REMOVED] rocket science mate.
They lost their majority in part because Labour stood on a manifesto of leaving the EU too, alongside all of their other promises and because of the Maybot performance.

The logic (if you believe they had any) in not supporting May’s deal was that they couldn’t do anything that would support letting the Tories achieve something. It would have given May a chance to shout about how great she was. They had no intention of agreeing to anything and had no intention of trying to find common ground.

Labour are unelectable and their flip-flopping has meant they cannot be trusted. Remainers will stick with Lib Dem’s while only the head in sand Labour voters will stick with Labour. Labour have made the wrong decision going with Remain. All the northern heartland seats voted Leave barring those inner city areas.

Brexit vote will be split between Brexit Party and Tories and it wouldn’t surprise me if they formed a coalition to take down Labour in a snap election soon. Brexit Party will attack the north and Tories will attack the south. Remain vote will be split between Labour, Lib Dem’s, Plaid, Greens and SNP. That’s the problem (though Labour’s change probably means Greens will return to being non-existent again)

All they need is a pro-Brexit majority in Parliament to get things through.

Either way this isn’t going to die soon - it’s going to carry on and rumble on and on because the country is split. Remainers won’t budge barring towards a soft Brexit at most, which they say may as well be in the EU. Brexiteers want a hard Brexit. There’s no middle ground that people are willing to compromise to.
Kin'ell lad, that's the point!
They don't have a [REMOVED] majority.

Jesus Christ. :roll:
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:00 am

CasRus wrote:Did anyone see Boris rip Corbyn and MacDonell to shreds on Thursday on his first address ?

It really showed up the state of Labour as to what they currently are - anti democratic betrayers of the people !

What is Corbyn now ? Is he still anti EU ? Oh No he isn't.... oh yes he is...oh no he isn't !!!! What an absolute pathetic joke of a leader and all true as to what Boris said that he's been re-programmed and bodysnatched !!!

Boris has managed to find that Magic Money Tree that Labour has been using these past months - play them at their own game eh !!

The good thing is the optimism of this bloke and the intent to address the north south divide ! - Honestly, he won't be able to pull everything off on the promises he's made but if he get's the North moving with investment at the very least, that's good enough for me !

If he pulls off removing the backstop, there should be a deal which would get through the Commons and we can all move on !! The Boris UK / Trump USA trade deal now being seriously put together could bring in a huge amount of money to pay for the promises in time, so hopefully, for the sake of sanity(including labour voters) let's hope we can all get behind him and look to rosier days ahead as if battle lines continue we are all going to be stuffed !

Let him have his head and see where it all goes for the sake of the country and leave politicking out of it for now ! At least it's been a huge breath of fresh air from the stench of stagnation these past 3 years !
Now, now Adolf. We've been through this before.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15273
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by HuddsTigers » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:15 pm

WF10 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
WF10 wrote:If they'd kept their majority by either:
a) not calling for the 2017 General Election
b) winning a majority in the 2017 General Election

the Tories would be able to pass motions in the House.

THEY called for an Election.
THEY lost their majority.
THEY have to deal with it.

The OPPOSITION simply has to OPPOSE.

Not [REMOVED] rocket science mate.
They lost their majority in part because Labour stood on a manifesto of leaving the EU too, alongside all of their other promises and because of the Maybot performance.

The logic (if you believe they had any) in not supporting May’s deal was that they couldn’t do anything that would support letting the Tories achieve something. It would have given May a chance to shout about how great she was. They had no intention of agreeing to anything and had no intention of trying to find common ground.

Labour are unelectable and their flip-flopping has meant they cannot be trusted. Remainers will stick with Lib Dem’s while only the head in sand Labour voters will stick with Labour. Labour have made the wrong decision going with Remain. All the northern heartland seats voted Leave barring those inner city areas.

Brexit vote will be split between Brexit Party and Tories and it wouldn’t surprise me if they formed a coalition to take down Labour in a snap election soon. Brexit Party will attack the north and Tories will attack the south. Remain vote will be split between Labour, Lib Dem’s, Plaid, Greens and SNP. That’s the problem (though Labour’s change probably means Greens will return to being non-existent again)

All they need is a pro-Brexit majority in Parliament to get things through.

Either way this isn’t going to die soon - it’s going to carry on and rumble on and on because the country is split. Remainers won’t budge barring towards a soft Brexit at most, which they say may as well be in the EU. Brexiteers want a hard Brexit. There’s no middle ground that people are willing to compromise to.
Kin'ell lad, that's the point!
They don't have a [REMOVED] majority.

Jesus Christ. :roll:
Did you actually bother to read the paragraph before? Or even the post?

They don’t have a majority on their own currently because Labour stood on a pro-Brexit manifesto in 2017. Now that Labour have sold out, Brexit Party will attack the seats in the north.

A pro-Brexit majority is wholly different to a parliamentary party majority. To make this simple, it means they form an allegiance to get as many pro-Brexit MPs into parliament to get things through (eg 326 pro-Brexit MPs from across all parties)

Their own majority would make it easier but it isn’t a requirement with the DUP and BXP on board.

Don’t take any notice of %votes in poll as it doesn’t necessarily translate into seats (9m people in London or about 13.5% of population but only have 11% of seats ) Con/BXP currently have 45% of votes in polls but that’s more than likely well on the way to the 326 required for a Brexit majority/coalition.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Try and educate yourself rather than just read a headline.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15273
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by HuddsTigers » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Not reading headlines. Reading the latest polls over the last 24 hours which show Tories polling at around 30% and BXP at around 15-16%, which are available via a number of sources.

And similarly, it’s fairly obvious that if Tories and BXP can get enough pro-Brexit into Parliament it will change the dynamics, majority for a party or no majority.

But nice come back - can’t discuss, just try and belittle peeps!
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Post Reply