Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Nov 2019, 18:08

I'm not sure getting into bed with the Chinese will imprve our economy for the better and I base this on your comments about the coal industry. If we cannot produce our product cheaply enough, China will also shut them down and remove whateer opposition remains to their own industries.

Being part of the EU hasn't created poverty on our streets, the Tories manage that all by themselves. Well, until an election is looming that is and ten tey nick Labour policies to get in, only to forget them in favour of tax cuts.

I will also reiterate that striking trade deals a a stand-alone entitiy gives us less negotiating power than your utopia of the prospect of a no deal Brexit. Both China and the US want deals in theire favour, knowing full well they can ride rough shod over anything we can offer. Again you evidence this with your refernce to Aussie coal being far cheaper, they'll insist it stays that way and because we need/want it, we have to take it.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 11 Nov 2019, 19:14

Flat Capper wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 18:08 I'm not sure getting into bed with the Chinese will imprve our economy for the better and I base this on your comments about the coal industry. If we cannot produce our product cheaply enough, China will also shut them down and remove whateer opposition remains to their own industries.

Being part of the EU hasn't created poverty on our streets, the Tories manage that all by themselves. Well, until an election is looming that is and ten tey nick Labour policies to get in, only to forget them in favour of tax cuts.

I will also reiterate that striking trade deals a a stand-alone entitiy gives us less negotiating power than your utopia of the prospect of a no deal Brexit. Both China and the US want deals in theire favour, knowing full well they can ride rough shod over anything we can offer. Again you evidence this with your refernce to Aussie coal being far cheaper, they'll insist it stays that way and because we need/want it, we have to take it.
Flatcapper, Labour left nothing in the coffers in 2010 so how do you expect to operate without collateral unless you favour going into massive borrowing and having to pay back forever and a day and no further forward ? it's a false dawn !! At my time of life and if I was callous enough to benefit my own ends I would be voting Labour who would spend infinitely more money right now and leave the headache to the kids to pay back - but I'm not that callous as it needs to be controlled on spending to absorb and grow on a sustainable plan and not to shock the economy to oblivion when its impossible to ever pay back ! Someone somewhere will need to foot the bill at some point - you can't believe any politician who could ever tell me different as it's all a bluff - money borrowed is money paid back with interest ! Tory spending promises is eye watering enough but Labour are out of the ball park in what they are saying and promising but let's have a time out just now and see what the manifestos say when released !

If the BJ deal is as what is being now touted, then its a free trade deal with the EU and the ability to go off and strike our own deals also, so what's wrong with that ? No Deal could work but it's a high risk strategy which could kick the stool from underneath us with EU trade with nothing in place right now and would take a number of years to re-adjust so I'm all in favour of the Boris plan to sustain the country and grow further with other trade deals when these become possible.

On China and your doubts, trade deals struck would have both countries agreeing to certain principles and I'm sure legalities would ensure that China would not have us being bossed around however when you have a country a whole lot stronger, it all depends on goodwill - China, right now if they so wished could blow us out like a candle flame so trade deal or no trade deal we would still be facing a country who could price everyone out of the market with the massive workforce and working for a bowl of rice a day rather than a £10.50 minimum wage ! That's exactly why our once huge shipbuilding industry went to the wall when Korea started shipbuilding with a massively less wage bill ! Better to work with them than not I say and let's see what occurs in the future.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 11 Nov 2019, 22:26

removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 11 Nov 2019, 22:52

LEADER.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 12 Nov 2019, 07:39

Well, I'm beginning to think Jezza is either lost his marbles or he's turned into the "Nutty Professor" with his latest £3 Billion giveaway for "Cradle to Grave" education for all adults to A Level educational achievement - Total madness !!

Has he actually thought this through properly ?

1/ He has already let it slip that he will not end freedom of movement into the UK which begs the question of still being undercut on his increased minimum wage requirement which directly affects the home grown job market and any amount of educational training would still have employers still looking around for reduction on the wage bill and still employ Poles etc ! Remember immigration was one of the determining factors as to why people voted to leave the EU and here we have Jezza looking not to end freedom of movement and still have home grown unemployment !

2/ If freedom of movement also means this free education offer covers for all adult freedom of movement immigrants also, and then find population swells massively (which it would radically increase immigration based on this free offer), then Jezza can up that £3 Billion figure by a massive amount and which it would ultimately break the bank. If I was an immigrant looking to enter the UK , I'd be racing over here in a New York minute with not only free money to live on but now free adult education also - Nirvana !! If this is applied for immigrants also, get ready to be swamped and massive local unemployment and huge stress on the NHS and other Public Services which will then bankrupt the country !

3/ How much efficiency would he get from this after many an adult will start on higher A level education because it's free and then find it way too hard for them and drop out thus leaving this £3 Billion spend in absolute tatters and a huge waste of money !! I''m sure the success rate would be minimal.

I'm all for helping those that want to further educate and get on in life but this looks carte blanche to me and call me cynical but this is looking like an ill thought out proposal and designed to win the voting public over for this election and I perceive this idea would not get off the drawing board based on chucking money at it and hope all will pan out !

Here's a better and general type idea aimed at unemployed dole receiving people - Instead of dishing out immediate dole money, let these unemployed attend these further education classes and be rewarded with dole money incentives on attendance - that would stop the dropout and where a sliding scale of dole reward based on learning attainment during the period and final A level achievement could be deployed for the incentive to carry on and get bigger handouts through the process ! That way it would become a more efficient method and provide a bigger success rate. Obviously would need a lot of thought to make it work but the principle is worth discussion as to whether this is actually worth considering.

I look forward to comments as to whether it is something to consider or an absolute crap idea - For me if something is free then it can be abused and can end up a complete waste of money however if there is inbuilt incentive for people to carry on and achieve, then this could bear fruit ! Hey, Maybe I should be in politics as an adviser ….Not ! ….ha ha !!

P.S. Aint it brilliant to watch all parties looking to throw our tax money away at everything they consider to be sweeteners to entice everyone - some people do fall off the back of the banana boat though to believe most of these "what we will do for you ideas" and then find life is a bitch when most of these proposals don't and won't happen !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 12 Nov 2019, 08:50

CasRus wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 07:39 Here's a better and general type idea aimed at unemployed dole receiving people - Instead of dishing out immediate dole money, let these unemployed attend these further education classes and be rewarded with dole money incentives on attendance - that would stop the dropout and where a sliding scale of dole reward based on learning attainment during the period and final A level achievement could be deployed for the incentive to carry on and get bigger handouts through the process ! That way it would become a more efficient method and provide a bigger success rate. Obviously would need a lot of thought to make it work but the principle is worth discussion as to whether this is actually worth considering.

I look forward to comments as to whether it is something to consider or an absolute crap idea - For me if something is free then it can be abused and can end up a complete waste of money however if there is inbuilt incentive for people to carry on and achieve, then this could bear fruit ! Hey, Maybe I should be in politics as an adviser ….Not ! ….ha ha !!
Pretty much along the same lines as I have often considered. Giving the stupid, lazy and useless money is a fundamentally flawed welfare strategy which only serves to fuel their ‘bar to street to bookie’ lifestyle. Using education as a carrot and stick approach is a good idea I would also suggest substituting cash for food and clothes vouchers to try and encourage a more responsible lifestyle. New school uniforms instead of a pair of trainers, fruit and veg instead of burgers and a bargain bucket

Alas it will never happen

Let us not forget the cash that the last Labour Government threw at these people and Corbyn’s lot would be even worse!

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 12 Nov 2019, 09:45

alftupper wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 08:50
CasRus wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 07:39 Here's a better and general type idea aimed at unemployed dole receiving people - Instead of dishing out immediate dole money, let these unemployed attend these further education classes and be rewarded with dole money incentives on attendance - that would stop the dropout and where a sliding scale of dole reward based on learning attainment during the period and final A level achievement could be deployed for the incentive to carry on and get bigger handouts through the process ! That way it would become a more efficient method and provide a bigger success rate. Obviously would need a lot of thought to make it work but the principle is worth discussion as to whether this is actually worth considering.

Pretty much along the same lines as I have often considered. Giving the stupid, lazy and useless money is a fundamentally flawed welfare strategy which only serves to fuel their ‘bar to street to bookie’ lifestyle. Using education as a carrot and stick approach is a good idea I would also suggest substituting cash for food and clothes vouchers to try and encourage a more responsible lifestyle. New school uniforms instead of a pair of trainers, fruit and veg instead of burgers and a bargain bucket

Let us not forget the cash that the last Labour Government threw at these people and Corbyn’s lot would be even worse!
wow, you are now reduced to quoting direct from the Daily Mail. well done on your promotion from the Sun.

you really are a feckwit arent you?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 12 Nov 2019, 12:49

thedogvinnie wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 09:45

wow, you are now reduced to quoting direct from the Daily Mail. well done on your promotion from the Sun.

Listen to the dog here ! I don’t know if he touts himself as the dogs b.ll.cks but he’s definitely talking b.ll.cks !!!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Nov 2019, 14:09

There was me thinking Alf and Casrus were supporters of 'risk takers'?

An education policy that gives everyone the chance to improve their knoweldge is an investment that in th eong-term should repay itself through more and more working in higher paid, higher skilled jobs. extending the type of 'A' level will help open up the system to those normally disgarded; those left on the scrap heap who see nothing better than a life of "bar to street to bookies" because no one has shown them the alternative.

when you've lived your life from birth in abject poverty you are often beaten before you start, made to belive by such as the right-wing media that you're worthless. Education can take you away from that but I guess that's what the right-wing don't want,; rasing of standards so everyone has a chance and therefore challenge those who currently control power.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 12 Nov 2019, 15:11

Flat Capper wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 14:09 There was me thinking Alf and Casrus were supporters of 'risk takers'?

An education policy that gives everyone the chance to improve their knoweldge is an investment that in th eong-term should repay itself through more and more working in higher paid, higher skilled jobs. extending the type of 'A' level will help open up the system to those normally disgarded; those left on the scrap heap who see nothing better than a life of "bar to street to bookies" because no one has shown them the alternative.

when you've lived your life from birth in abject poverty you are often beaten before you start, made to belive by such as the right-wing media that you're worthless. Education can take you away from that but I guess that's what the right-wing don't want,; rasing of standards so everyone has a chance and therefore challenge those who currently control power.

FlatCapper, if you read my post carefully I am all for further education for those who wish to further themselves, but to just throw £3 Billion of taxpayers money for a free for all is not showing due diligence on behalf of the taxpayer when a lot of this could be wasted if there is no buy in from interested people and they try then drop out and with all other issues that I raised in my post that could make this a huge waste for very little reward with not enough people coming through at the end.

I agree it’s hard to get through from a poverty level ! Tell me about it as I was one of 6 kids brought up in the 50s/60s and times were tough and very little money compared to today’s standards.

Making this excercise with an opt in interest and incentivised and thought out better solution would be a somewhat better to get a bigger bang from the £3 Billion bucks rather than just throwing £3 Billion for a free for all and see what comes out at the end !! Government planning needs to be careful not to waste tax payers cash - that’s all I’m saying but is a good idea if managed properly.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Nov 2019, 17:47

Well, as with all policy promises at this stage of an election campaign, there isn't a great deal of meat on the bones. Providing an highlighting incentives is one possible solution but I'm sure you'll agree that every child should expect an education to a decent standard as we try to do now. Labour are simply promoting the idea of extending that to 18 years of age rather than 16.

There was a time when poor kids weren't educated at all then schooled until 12, 14, 15 and so on. It's been a failing of many governments that haven't ensured all kids are buying into the current education system and expanding this to 18 will lose some kids but incentivise even more.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 12 Nov 2019, 18:13

Flat Capper wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 17:47 Well, as with all policy promises at this stage of an election campaign, there isn't a great deal of meat on the bones. Providing an highlighting incentives is one possible solution but I'm sure you'll agree that every child should expect an education to a decent standard as we try to do now. Labour are simply promoting the idea of extending that to 18 years of age rather than 16.

There was a time when poor kids weren't educated at all then schooled until 12, 14, 15 and so on. It's been a failing of many governments that haven't ensured all kids are buying into the current education system and expanding this to 18 will lose some kids but incentivise even more.
It's a good thing to look at further education for those who may have messed up their childhood education either at their own failings and feel remorse and want to correct that or for some who for example have had a rubbish upbringing in a bad parenting house or for those who may have had to provide care for their elderly parents etc etc.

I don't doubt its a good policy - note I'm not all that bad against labour as both parties do come out with some good policies and some bad and needs to be acknowledged at times in all fairness when a good idea is raised and where it needs tweaking or expanding it on to make it work to best efficiency.

The overriding needs just now is to get this Brexit done and dusted as if this is a hung parliament I'm afraid it will leave this country in absolute tatters and if labour do sneak it I just don't think there would be a solution coming to us soon and this would still break the nation - Sorry to say this as I know we all support what we support but there's only one game in town to sort this out just now otherwise we will be going backwards at a speed which won't be very comfortable for anybody and business is starting to break down without any direction.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 13 Nov 2019, 11:01

CasRus wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 12:49
thedogvinnie wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 09:45

Listen to the dog here ! I don’t know if he touts himself as the dogs b.ll.cks but he’s definitely talking b.ll.cks !!!
the dog hits the nail on the head and the feckwits dont like it.

you two havent got a clue
JC4PM

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 13 Nov 2019, 11:04

CasRus wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 18:13
Flat Capper wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 17:47 Well, as with all policy promises at this stage of an election campaign, there isn't a great deal of meat on the bones. Providing an highlighting incentives is one possible solution but I'm sure you'll agree that every child should expect an education to a decent standard as we try to do now. Labour are simply promoting the idea of extending that to 18 years of age rather than 16.

It's a good thing to look at further education for those who may have messed up their childhood education either at their own failings and feel remorse and want to correct that or for some who for example have had a rubbish upbringing in a bad parenting house or for those who may have had to provide care for their elderly parents etc etc.

I don't doubt its a good policy - note I'm not all that bad against labour as both parties do come out with some good policies and some bad and needs to be acknowledged at times in all fairness when a good idea is raised and where it needs tweaking or expanding it on to make it work to best efficiency.

The overriding needs just now is to get this Brexit done and dusted as if this is a hung parliament I'm afraid it will leave this country in absolute tatters and if labour do sneak it I just don't think there would be a solution coming to us soon and this would still break the nation - Sorry to say this as I know we all support what we support but there's only one game in town to sort this out just now otherwise we will be going backwards at a speed which won't be very comfortable for anybody and business is starting to break down without any direction.
Tell us abut the Russian paymasters, for some reason the lying toad of a PM doesnt want us to know.

Peter Gabriel got it right on the Genesis Album from the 70s "Selling England By The Pound"

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Nov 2019, 11:47

thedogvinnie wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 11:04

Tell us abut the Russian paymasters, for some reason the lying toad of a PM doesnt want us to know.

Peter Gabriel got it right on the Genesis Album from the 70s "Selling England By The Pound"
Tell you what Dogs, why don't all parties be made to open up their books and see who is channelling money to each party and I'd bet you'd get a massive surprise from where funds are being received from !!

It's a valid point and one that needs clarifying from all parties and not just the Tories to see who and why people/states/orgs are chanelling funds to each party - Insinuations do not work for me until all are exposed and explained - How do you know if it's not Russian Oligarchs as there are quite a few here in London not trying to protect themselves from Putin's ruthless regime trying to murder them like they tried with the Skripols and pushing money to pay for private arrangements with British protection that costs money and they are paying for it !!!

Is Putin paying into Labour coffers to get Jezza in as a puppet to be controlled by Putin ????

Insinuations can always work both ways and until each party is made to open up the books for scrutiny we can insinuate all day till the cows come home but lets have a level playing field for all !!

Labour hasn't exactly covered themselves in glory with trying to cover up anti Semitism have they as much as Satan Whiskers keeps making out to be cleansing the party and where 30 year labour serving MPs have now exposed this as such and "can't trust Jezza to lead the country" statements which begs the question as to why and are now advocating voting for the Tories against their own party !! That must be a major embarrassment for you labour supporters and you haven't got the brains to even consider contemplating why these stalwart long serving MPs have pulled out of their own party ! - security of the country is the answer and that's bigger than politics !

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Nov 2019, 11:49

thedogvinnie wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 11:04

Tell you what Dogs, why don't all parties be made to open up their books and see who is channelling money to each party and I'd bet you'd get a massive surprise from where funds are being received from !!

It's a valid point and one that needs clarifying from all parties and not just the Tories to see who and why people/states/orgs are chanelling funds to each party - Insinuations do not work for me until all are exposed and explained - How do you know if it's not Russian Oligarchs as there are quite a few here in London not trying to protect themselves from Putin's ruthless regime trying to murder them like they tried with the Skripols and pushing money to pay for private arrangements with British protection that costs money and they are paying for it !!!

Is Putin paying into Labour coffers to get Jezza in as a puppet to be controlled by Putin ????

Insinuations can always work both ways and until each party is made to open up the books for scrutiny we can insinuate all day till the cows come home but lets have a level playing field for all !!

Labour hasn't exactly covered themselves in glory with trying to cover up anti Semitism have they as much as Satan Whiskers keeps making out to be cleansing the party and where 30 year labour serving MPs have now exposed this as such and "can't trust Jezza to lead the country" statements which begs the question as to why and are now advocating voting for the Tories against their own party !! That must be a major embarrassment for you labour supporters and you haven't got the brains to even consider contemplating why these stalwart long serving MPs have pulled out of their own party ! - security of the country is the answer and that's bigger than politics !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Nov 2019, 12:07

There’s only one candidate that Putin would like as our next PM, CasRus and rest assured it’s not Boris. Could it be the pacifist who’s already said he would rather talk peace as the warheads were raining down upon us!

A PM who speaks up for our enemies and hates our greatest friend and ally

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Nov 2019, 13:41

You are of course, all aware that Putin is slowly taking over on the Turkish/Syrian border as he backs both the Turks (a NATO pact member) and Syria. All this taking place because that hard-line, never say die, strong leader that you all admire so well (Trump) has walked away from the battle.

Hasn't tempted BJ to step up to the plate either so who are these strong Western leaders you believe in?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Nov 2019, 14:11

Flat Capper wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 13:41 You are of course, all aware that Putin is slowly taking over on the Turkish/Syrian border as he backs both the Turks (a NATO pact member) and Syria. All this taking place because that hard-line, never say die, strong leader that you all admire so well (Trump) has walked away from the battle.

Hasn't tempted BJ to step up to the plate either so who are these strong Western leaders you believe in?

FlatCapper, you are on a very sticky wicket here as all this has kicked off and had a direct knock on effect ever since your illustrious leader Blair took us all into an illegal war based on weapons of mass destruction lies to suit a Bush vanity project ! This all has resulted in thousands of deaths, Al Qaida, Isis and the rise of terrorism when we should have kept our noses out and let the people in those countries to overthrow their own hierarchies !

Putin has been canny enough to take his opportunities in both Crimea and the Middle East after this massive own goal !!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Nov 2019, 14:20

Is that the Blair war that Jeremy Corbyn warned everyone about? JC must know what he's talking about then?