Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by duke street 10 » 15 Dec 2019, 18:07

I listened to Len McCluskey's interview with John Pienaar on Radio 5 this morning.

Brainwashing must be part of the Momentum induction process. It is much like the excuses Corbyn & co have come out with.

Get the feeling the "Cult" will already be planning a Long-Bailey/Burgon leadership ticket, when anybody with any sense would look to Lisa Nandy or Jess Phillips.

Can't imagine Cooper throwing her tired old hat into the ring but you never know!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 15 Dec 2019, 18:12

duke street 10 wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 18:07 I listened to Len McCluskey's interview with John Pienaar on Radio 5 this morning.

Brainwashing must be part of the Momentum induction process. It is much like the excuses Corbyn & co have come out with.

Get the feeling the "Cult" will already be planning a Long-Bailey/Burgon leadership ticket, when anybody with any sense would look to Lisa Nandy or Jess Phillips.

Can't imagine Cooper throwing her tired old hat into the ring but you never know!

*cult...the word Alan Johnson used for Momentum,he isn't wrong.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Dec 2019, 20:45

duke street 10 wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 18:07
This is what I’m hoping for and thanks to Labour’s process in selecting a new leader I think there’s a good chance, their membership is infested with Momentum types like WF10

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Dec 2019, 11:54

I’m looking forward to PMQ’s this week :D

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Dec 2019, 12:21

I’d love to see Boris come out to address the nation on Christmas Day dressed in a Santa Claus suit with a sack of goodies on his back while announcing the giveaways he is proposing !! Would get the nation feeling good !!

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 16 Dec 2019, 17:53

I'd class myself as neutral politically. I ain't a fan of Boris Johnson nor was I a fan of Jeremy Corbyn. It was plain to see and hear from around the UK that Labour couldnt win with the manifesto they had. They did have some nice ideas that would help those who needed it but it was too much in one go in my opinion plus the toxic brand of Corbyn just was too much.
I voted remain but was of the opinion that Brexit just needed to get done. Get it out the way and it's clear the Tory message was just that. Whether its going to be that simple we will see but I think it's clear the Tory message sank home to the majority.
I think it's important the Tory government now is held to account and the UK needs an effective opposition. Not sure Corbyn staying on for another 3 months will help or hinder Labour. I keep seeing names such as Long Bailey, Rayner being touted. Good to see some women there but neither would strike me as being effective. Long Bailey is a poor speaker publicly! I think Starmer may do well but I'm predicting another left left left from the momentum side of Labour that will harm those who really do need a Labour government as I cant see them winning an election on the same Corbynism project!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Dec 2019, 19:15

Yes I think Labour need a good enough middle ground leader with an ounce of sense and probably not tarnished like most of them are who are vying for the top job.

If it were me, I would be trying to approach the Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham who is a quite sensible kind of guy and was not in the middle of that Labour excuse of vying for seats with a Narnia “believe in fairies” Manifesto !

The names already up for leadership are an absolute joke and amateurish and don’t inspire anyone I perceive !!

There needs to be a good opposition party to the Tories to keep them on their toes !

As I mentioned before, BJ needs to prove himself so jury is out for now !

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 16 Dec 2019, 22:30

I think unless the more sensible centre left section of the Labour Party break away and form a new party, I honestly believe Labour are finished. The arrogant momentum cult within the party along with the union leaders have got too big hold of the party now for sure. The only sense I’ve heard from the Labour side have come from Alan Johnson, Kate Hoey and Caroline Flint. And none of those are MPs anymore. Lisa Nandy came over reasonably well this morning on Adrian Chiles show, said all the right things about listening to voters and learning lessons and all the usual bull, but I still got the impression she was just paying lip service particularly to the Brexitiers in her constituency. I also reckon that there will be plenty of ex Labour voters that voted Brexit party will now be wishing that they had held their noses and voted Tory now in our area. Yvette was there for the taking and a glorious opportunity to get rid of her was lost.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Dec 2019, 09:38

What will be interesting to me in the next few years is to see if there are any pangs of conscience from the working class and people who normally vote Labour but decided to vote for tory last week when the poor and those least able to fend are really going to suffer and there will be food banks the size of Asda
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 Dec 2019, 10:51

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 09:38 What will be interesting to me in the next few years is to see if there are any pangs of conscience from the working class and people who normally vote Labour but decided to vote for tory last week when the poor and those least able to fend are really going to suffer and there will be food banks the size of Asda
Tigerfeet, who says that is going to happen ???? Are you a soothsayer or something ???

Look what BJ is looking like opting to do with the NHS by enshrining in law to be protected, guaranteeing a lift on spend year on year for this service and looking to start a significant spend up in the North !!

Listen, Rome was not built in a day so remain patient and keep the jury out until he has had time to try to fix the problems we have and if he has not done enough in 5 years to turn around issues that are worrying you then you have the option to vote for another direction.

What really annoys me is that you are sounding like a defeated staunch Labour supporter crying his eyes out and making stupid prediction insinuations of what is going to happen - You are one of these that always seems to have that "Pessimistic" crystal ball and paint a picture of gloom and despair - Lighten up man and stop moaning and groaning !!

That Pessimistic Crystal Ball of yours predicted that BJ would never in a million years get a deal with the EU and then try to sell off the NHS to America - wrong on both counts so you need to stick that faulty crystal ball in the dustbin or where the sun doesn't shine , stop being so negative and look forward to Christmas and give it a rest as remaining negative is not good for your health.

As Monty Python did that famous "Life of Brian" song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"

Start thinking Positive and you will feel a whole lot better - That's Karma !!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Dec 2019, 13:24

On the Labour Leadership, I can see a 'momentum' candidate getting the nod first and then, after the May local elections bring more bad results, a centric figure is given a chance but with little hope of regaining some standing in parliament, it won't have any effect for years.

On the Tories promises, I remain confident they won't be delivered. This is based on the fact I happen to watch Monday's Daily Politics show and the Tory rep confirmed what i thought, no plan to reverse the tragic spending for (predominantly Labour) councils, claiming measures such as Social care need treating as a single issue through multiple agencies. I also saw Robert Peston on ITV news stating that the promised 'extra' cash for the NHS was largely made up of existing spending plans so nothing new there.

There was also a government report yesterday that confirmed the Tory spending plans didn't add up and they would have to either reduce them or increase taxes. I know which way that one will go.

You can be as optimistic as you like but the leopards won't change their spots...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 Dec 2019, 13:49

Flat Capper wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 13:24 On the Labour Leadership, I can see a 'momentum' candidate getting the nod first and then, after the May local elections bring more bad results, a centric figure is given a chance but with little hope of regaining some standing in parliament, it won't have any effect for years.

On the Tories promises, I remain confident they won't be delivered. This is based on the fact I happen to watch Monday's Daily Politics show and the Tory rep confirmed what i thought, no plan to reverse the tragic spending for (predominantly Labour) councils, claiming measures such as Social care need treating as a single issue through multiple agencies. I also saw Robert Peston on ITV news stating that the promised 'extra' cash for the NHS was largely made up of existing spending plans so nothing new there.

There was also a government report yesterday that confirmed the Tory spending plans didn't add up and they would have to either reduce them or increase taxes. I know which way that one will go.

You can be as optimistic as you like but the leopards won't change their spots...
So Capper, if there was a report on the Tory spending plans not adding up, how do you think the Labour Plans would have figured in not adding up and to what degree ?? probably in comparison, they probably would have said "These guys are absolute Nutters"

Did you see BJ in cabinet this morning ???

Get behind the optimism rather than remaining confident they won't be delivered and always being a pessimist - it will do you good !! You've been tainted too much by the Dark Side !!

Always Look on the Briy...ayaa ahait side of Life.....ba bam ba bam ba bam ba bam !!! Start whistling it to yourself and you will enjoy your Christmas better !!!! There's Reasons to be cheerful just now so hope you can get with the plan !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 17 Dec 2019, 14:06

it’s typical that as the country rides the wave of optimism after Thursday’s result and a feel good factor prevails, Capper comes on here and attempts to put the mockers on.

I reckon another decade of Tory government while Labour tears itself apart, what’s not to like?

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Dec 2019, 14:20

The Country isn't riding on a wave of optimism, the winners are!

Anyway, further confirmation of the sheer lack of respect for his new voters, it seems the Brexit Bill will not inlcude the safeguarding of workers rights and protections. Might as well kick em in the teeth from day one!

On the spending plans, whatever Labours hopes were are now irrelevant and any attempt to state otherwise is more evidence of you Tory cheats running from the truth - for the few, never the many.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 Dec 2019, 15:00

Flat Capper wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 14:20 The Country isn't riding on a wave of optimism, the winners are!

Anyway, further confirmation of the sheer lack of respect for his new voters, it seems the Brexit Bill will not inlcude the safeguarding of workers rights and protections. Might as well kick em in the teeth from day one!

On the spending plans, whatever Labours hopes were are now irrelevant and any attempt to state otherwise is more evidence of you Tory cheats running from the truth - for the few, never the many.
God you are getting a bit depressing Capper, make sure you don't drown in that pint pot you seemingly have your head in drowning your sorrows still sobbing about the few and never the many !!

Lighten up Man for Christmas otherwise nobody will want to be around you with this sort of depressing type of outlook you are portraying !!

Come back from the Dark Side over to the Bright Side and start to put positivity into your head as it will do you good !!

Look at the optimism around BJ and his cabinet this morning to get things done and change the depression that you under Jezza Labour Lot and the Remainers have caused in blocking for the past 3 years and get with the BJ program which he has released this morning !

Positivity breeds Positivity which your fellow Labour voters who voted for BJ are now starting to feel so do yourself a favour and feel the positivity for a change ! YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 17 Dec 2019, 15:05

To be honest Capper I’m still breathing a sigh of relief that my Corporation Tax is staying at 19% and not rising to 28% to facilitate Labour/Momentum’s wild spending commitments. Not to mention the other tax rises they had planned for me 👍

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 Dec 2019, 15:13

CasRus wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 15:00
Flat Capper wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 14:20 The Country isn't riding on a wave of optimism, the winners are!

God you are getting a bit depressing Capper, make sure you don't drown in that pint pot you seemingly have your head in drowning your sorrows still sobbing about the few and never the many !!

Lighten up Man for Christmas otherwise nobody will want to be around you with this sort of depressing type of outlook you are portraying !!

Come back from the Dark Side over to the Bright Side and start to put positivity into your head as it will do you good !!

Look at the optimism around BJ and his cabinet this morning to get things done and change the depression that you under Jezza Labour Lot and the Remainers have caused in blocking for the past 3 years and get with the BJ program which he has released this morning !

Positivity breeds Positivity which your fellow Labour voters who voted for BJ are now starting to feel so do yourself a favour and feel the positivity for a change ! YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !!
Capper, do you want me and Alf to take you out for a Christmas Pint to cheer you up and help you out of your depression ??

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Dec 2019, 15:19

alftupper wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 15:05 To be honest Capper I’m still breathing a sigh of relief that my Corporation Tax is staying at 19% and not rising to 28% to facilitate Labour/Momentum’s wild spending commitments. Not to mention the other tax rises they had planned for me 👍
I don't doubt your selfishness still drives your political opinion but it was only a reasonalbe 26% corporation tax. Anyway, Bozzers gonna have to raise some taxes or his promises will dissapear faster than the speed of light - for the few, never the many.

And for the record, I am absolutely positive that BJ will forget his new voters but fully appreciate he will look after the likes of Alfiebabe and Crusty.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 Dec 2019, 15:36

Flat Capper wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 15:19
alftupper wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 15:05 To be honest Capper I’m still breathing a sigh of relief that my Corporation Tax is staying at 19% and not rising to 28% to facilitate Labour/Momentum’s wild spending commitments. Not to mention the other tax rises they had planned for me 👍
I don't doubt your selfishness still drives your political opinion but it was only a reasonalbe 26% corporation tax. Anyway, Bozzers gonna have to raise some taxes or his promises will dissapear faster than the speed of light - for the few, never the many.

And for the record, I am absolutely positive that BJ will forget his new voters but fully appreciate he will look after the likes of Alfiebabe and Crusty.
MoAN MOAN mOAN mOAN mOAN !!

Capper, it looks like it would take a Christmas Tree with a rocket attached stuck up your backside to try to get you to lighten up a little !!!

Did you not hear what Boris said this morning about repaying the North for the trust we have placed in him or do you need your ears syringing ???

Give the guy a chance and see what happens as it's all pointless negative bluster you are spewing out just now without anything to back it up with !

Wait and see before making comments and if he doesn't do what he says, then you can spout all about it and give me and Alf a right going over only when you have the justification to !!

Let's await his Budget and let's see if it's for THE MANY and not the few !!!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Dec 2019, 15:44

What's happened to vinny dog not seen him on here for a while
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi