Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Feb 2020, 17:51

I don't think there's any doubt that a close working relationship with the EU is better for both sides.

As for BJ's spending plans, his own chancellor quit last week because Cummings was removing his ability to control the budget. My view is they are merely there to paper over the cracks in an attempt to say look, I'm doing more than I need to.

I also see climate change as a huge economic opportunity and who knows, free trade with the world will allow us to become the world leader on the new technology as we will be required to adapt and move away from the reliance on fossil fuels. Don't forget, we no loger extract fossil fules to any degree and rely on overseas company's for our supply. I look forward to this changing.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 Feb 2020, 19:12

Flat Capper wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 17:51 I don't think there's any doubt that a close working relationship with the EU is better for both sides.

As for BJ's spending plans, his own chancellor quit last week because Cummings was removing his ability to control the budget. My view is they are merely there to paper over the cracks in an attempt to say look, I'm doing more than I need to.

I also see climate change as a huge economic opportunity and who knows, free trade with the world will allow us to become the world leader on the new technology as we will be required to adapt and move away from the reliance on fossil fuels. Don't forget, we no loger extract fossil fules to any degree and rely on overseas company's for our supply. I look forward to this changing.
If all things went well on controlling Climate Change there would be a huge opportunity for the UK, but, to be brutally honest, we may just be all dead by then !!

I'm a "Glass Half Empty" on this as I think we have already passed the tipping point and when you see icebergs cracking off Antarctica the size of a large city, Countries up in flames with hot weather, no stopping Brazil being tone deaf to nature and chopping down the Amazon, Extreme Flooding at home and to top it all A "Biblical Sized" Plague of Locusts currently eating up Kenyan food crops and a virus ready to go Global, then you can see that nature is starting to tell us something by banging loudly on the door of extinction ! - nature is interconnected on so many levels and nature's extreme occurrences are starting to show up in so many ways that it is very hard to not be very worried !!

The biggest worry is the oceans warming and methane in suspension on the seabed that may start to bubble up and kill all sea life and then enter the earth's atmosphere and I don't need to further elaborate on the implications on this ! Methane has already started to bubble up in northern Russian Tundra bog regions apparently !

Be Afraid sorry to say ! Shame for the younger generation but they are going to be the inheritors of a total natural disaster that is on the horizon at some point and I just hope mankind can come up with a massive scientific fix !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Feb 2020, 13:43

I don't disagree, even if your beloved BJ and Trump do, but I do still believe there is hope. What is clear is that the current situation is the culmination of decades of pollution so the reedy won't happen overnight but now is the last chance to act.

I can't help but believe this will provide a huge opportunity and rather than HS2 and the like, I'd prefer it if my taxes went on environmentally friendly initiatives that didn't rip out some of our protected sites. I only wish I was young enough to grasp this opportunity.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2020, 16:25

The UK produces about 1% of the worlds CO2 why should we bother?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2020, 16:27

Changing the subject I was delighted with PP’s launching of our new points based immigration system, long overdue!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 19 Feb 2020, 16:39

alftupper wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 16:27 Changing the subject I was delighted with PP’s launching of our new points based immigration system, long overdue!
Yes Alf I agree !

Out of those millions or so local people not in employment in one way or another, this may hopefully get all those pan crack spongers off their lazy lard-arses instead of spending it in the local boozer along with child benefits they receive and leaving their kids sickly ! This will also reduce the money from taxes spent on funding their lard arse money stealing drug boozing existence and move that money into just causes that really need it ! Anyway, Why don't they start rounding up these dregs of society out of the boozer and start digging much needed flood defences to justify their money they receive !!!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Feb 2020, 17:48

alftupper wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 16:25 The UK produces about 1% of the worlds CO2 why should we bother?
Because if we develop the technology, we can sell it to the rest that are producing more CO2. Thought you were a capitalist?

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Feb 2020, 17:52

CasRus wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 16:39
alftupper wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 16:27 Changing the subject I was delighted with PP’s launching of our new points based immigration system, long overdue!
Yes Alf I agree !

Out of those millions or so local people not in employment in one way or another, this may hopefully get all those pan crack spongers off their lazy lard-arses instead of spending it in the local boozer along with child benefits they receive and leaving their kids sickly ! This will also reduce the money from taxes spent on funding their lard arse money stealing drug boozing existence and move that money into just causes that really need it ! Anyway, Why don't they start rounding up these dregs of society out of the boozer and start digging much needed flood defences to justify their money they receive !!!
I must admit, the thought of having my univeral credit removed and havingno money for booze, drugs, fags and of course food, does seem a rather enticing opportunity.

Then again, I also like the idea of retiring and getting free bus travel, a TV licence and a winter fuel allowence, in spite of the fact my pensions will be far greater than the average wage.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2020, 18:27

Flat Capper wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 17:48
alftupper wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 16:25 The UK produces about 1% of the worlds CO2 why should we bother?
Because if we develop the technology, we can sell it to the rest that are producing more CO2. Thought you were a capitalist?
I am and I’m a believer in capitalism will find the solution for example landfill mining which will increase in the not too distant future. But there has to be a financial incentive for the likes of China who will continue to ignore green technology while ever they are sat on centuries worth of cheap coal. And it’s a bit naive to think they would by this technology from us when history tells us they will simply copy it and produce it themselves.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2020, 18:29

CasRus wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 16:39
Yes Alf I agree !

We will look back on the Labour years of open floodgates with incredulity I’m sure in a few years time.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Feb 2020, 13:15

You are of course aware that the Australian points based imigration system has seen an increase in numbers going to Aus?

Oh, and Labour have not been in for over ten years, during which, the Tories have failed to meet their own immigration targets that were based on their plans to do so. Anorher Tory success!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 20 Mar 2020, 08:52

I must say I’m more than happy with how BJ has handled himself so far in this covid-19 pandemic. True statesmanship and leadership.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Mar 2020, 09:13

alftupper wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 08:52 I must say I’m more than happy with how BJ has handled himself so far in this covid-19 pandemic. True statesmanship and leadership.
Yes I agree.

All I can see from the other side is trying to nit pick point score at a time when this is where all parties should get behind the plan of attack on the invisible enemy and life or death situation for many people rather than start a bickering war between each other as to what happened with the question on Brexit and delayed this country's progress and putting us 3 years behind of where we should have been.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 20 Mar 2020, 09:35

alftupper wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 08:52 I must say I’m more than happy with how BJ has handled himself so far in this covid-19 pandemic. True statesmanship and leadership.
Interesting how we can all have different perspectives! All I’ve seen is a bumbling idiot making stupid statements about ‘sending it packing’ (what’s that about, you can’t send a virus anywhere) and ‘turning the tide in 12 weeks’ (that seems to go against the information we’re given by his own medical advisors).
I’m no medical expert so won’t comment on the measures we’ve taken. My only point is that we are doing it very differently to everywhere else. What do we know that they don’t? Schools remain open to many children, bars and restaurants remain open and the ignorant in society continue to go to them.
My biggest frustration is the ignorant minority who are continuing to spread the virus because they think it won’t affect them if they catch it. It might not, but being a spreader to others put vulnerable people at serious risk and results in a higher probability of the NHS not coping. The longer that people ignore the advice on social distancing, the longer we’ll have to do it for.
Has to be said that some of the people ignoring the advice are also those over 70. People need to realise that they aren’t just risking their own health here - they are risking the health of others and the capability of the NHS to keep people alive.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Mar 2020, 09:52

I agree the guys a weapon but I give him credit for how he's gone so far in this crisis
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Mar 2020, 11:57

That statement clearly shows you're just a wind up mecrchant who doesn't actually pay any attention to politics.

He's been absolutely useless with no leadership at all, the 'briefing' the other day with the Chancellor the prime example; he had to rely on the new guy to deal with the burning questions everyone is asking.

The lack of support for workers, the limited support for businesses, the self-employed hung out to dry but best of all, telling everyone not to go to the pub but reluctant to force them to close and support their loss of income. I can also add the failue to step in and help supermarkets control supplies or even force them to provide selctive opening times for the vulnerable and the key workers.

when you leave it to the the people their self interest will always overide the needs of all.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Mar 2020, 14:35

Flat Capper wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 11:57
That statement clearly shows you're just a wind up mecrchant who doesn't actually pay any attention to politics.

He's been absolutely useless with no leadership at all, the 'briefing' the other day with the Chancellor the prime example; he had to rely on the new guy to deal with the burning questions everyone is asking.

The lack of support for workers, the limited support for businesses, the self-employed hung out to dry but best of all, telling everyone not to go to the pub but reluctant to force them to close and support their loss of income. I can also add the failue to step in and help supermarkets control supplies or even force them to provide selctive opening times for the vulnerable and the key workers.

when you leave it to the the people their self interest will always overide the needs of all.
FlatCapper, are you 3 weeks behind in news releases ???

I think they are chucking the Kitchen Sink at fixing both Health and Economic issues that going to be costing Billions and pledging a "Whatever it Takes" stance to fix this virus outbreak based on the last few days of news releases from the Chancellor and the Health Secretary !! BJ doesn't have to be the only spokesperson and quite rightly does rely and lets his ministers speak in their area of responsibility.

Your accusation within your "lack of support" paragraph is totally and utterly wrong ! Maybe you are still smarting after the election defeat which is what I can only imagine why you are stating misguided information !

You still seem to be stuck on Planet Mars along with Jezza and McDonnell who both still seem to think they are going to be leading the labour (with a small "l") party and the election was all a bad dream !! Maybe you are under the same illusion !

We are all in this together so stop whinging and whining and get with it like most people are trying to do !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Mar 2020, 14:56

Listen to the parts you want to but you cannot ignore the fact businesses, health professionals, teachers, transport companies and many more are saying thanks for your current offers but we need more, much more.

Why is the Gov't not forcing pubs and clubs to close (and financially supporting them)? It may hav ebeen announced since I left for work this morning?

As for the man himself, yes, he needs and should be using his ministers to deliver whatever measures they put forward but the clue is in the word Leader. His main function is to lead, to coordinate his troops, to be the spokesperson and most important of all, to stand there in front of us and lead us. He just isn't doing that, just like he was absent during the floods.

If you're inpsired by this man then you're easily pleased.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Mar 2020, 15:27

FlatCapper, what in hell's name would have helped anything on the Floods with BJ being there ??? Do you think he is King Canute or something !!!

What he probably was doing is co-ordinating his team behind the scenes to put action plans into place rather than wasting precious time consoling all the people in Flood Areas which would have been an absolute waste of time that he can ill afford with all what is going on and humongous amounts to do on a range of issues. I suppose you think he should have a brush up his arse also to sweep up while he moves along !!

You are definitely not up to speed on news being announced as they are guaranteeing all sorts of pay for the masses and to try to save a massive recession which, quite honestly,

I don't think the world including the UK will be able to ! Dark Times ahead I'm afraid so buckle up for the worst ride of your life and a totally changed world if we even get that far !!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Mar 2020, 16:09

when people are in despair, they want to see their leader, not only addressing them and treating them as individuals but also witnessing there actions. Again, the reaction times of this government were poor and the leader in hiding. As for him being King kanute, he's the one claiming he can turn the tide in 12 weeks!

As I said, I've not seen any new announcements today but the packages I have seen announced do not appear to be as extensive as you would have us believe.

And why oh why has the gov't not got a plan to deal with the panic buying?