Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Dec 2020, 18:47

Well I don't really understand what is going to happen my brain won't function with political issues. But if it's good for us bring it on.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Dec 2020, 17:47

I see the EU are about to roll out the vaccine a full 3 weeks after we have been administering it, a prime example that we are better off in charge of our own destiny.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 May 2021, 07:20

Corbyn’s toxic legacy continues this morning with an extraordinary Tory victory in the former Labour heartland of Hartlepool!

The sheer arrogance of Labour to parachute in a Remoaner candidate is breathtaking and has backfired in spectacular fashion. As I said at the very start of this topic 6 years ago Labour are set for a very long time in the wilderness. What a great morning!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 07 May 2021, 08:34

Yes it has now proved out how Labour has squandered loyalty to their party these past 50 years in doing nothing for Labour Heartlands which has now come to bite them hard.

Also, the Levelling up process beginning in the North East has added impetus to the Tory cause.

Put that alongside the damage of old anti democratic Jezza opposition to Brexit with the help of remainers spoiling the inevitable these past 4 years shows how out of touch Labour have been and which has proved to be severely dumb !!

As the old adage goes, Labour had it coming !!

I agree with Alf, this will take a lifetime for Labour to recover the North from this as they have shown how inept they have been and I look forward to this translating all over the Northern Heartlands including our area here in Cas/Ponte ! I just can't believe how constituents here have been so brainwashed into voting Labour thinking these past long years and hope they now wake up to the Tory levelling up process and support their cause as after all these years of Labour control, the main streets of Cas and Ponte typify the Labour neglect !!.... Labour for the working man !!!!........I don't think so !!!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 May 2021, 11:21

The Tories are now genuinely the party of the hard working man, Labour voters fall into the woke lefty set or the lazy shirkers who expect to get more out of the system than what they put in. This result is better than my expectations for a mid term election for the governing party to enjoy such a swing in a seat they haven’t held in generations it is extraordinary. This will not have done anything to help our erstwhile friend WF10’s recovery!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 07 May 2021, 12:54

Hiya!!

Hartlepool results

Labour
2021. 8,589
2019. 15,464
2017. 21,969

Tory
2021. 15,529
2019. 11,869
2017. 14,319

Corbyn’s fault. Obvs.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 07 May 2021, 17:54

You have summed it up very well WF10 and Alf !!

I note Capper, who is usually quick to respond vocally on this topic, hasn't !!

I hope he is ok and is not too decimated after such a shock result in HartlePool and where Labour as a party are just now !! :-({|= :-({|=

I hope to see the day when Cas/Ponte goes Blue which might not be too long away as it was getting a bit sweaty for Yvette last time and hope she will have her incontinent pants on for the next election !!! :D :D

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 May 2021, 18:49

WF10 wrote: 07 May 2021, 12:54 Hiya!!

Hartlepool results

Labour
2021. 8,589
2019. 15,464
2017. 21,969

Tory
2021. 15,529
2019. 11,869
2017. 14,319

Corbyn’s fault. Obvs.
a welcome return WF10, good to have you back. Ironic that the last time you posted was on the morning after a massive Labour defeat and it’s a massive Labour defeat that heralds your return.

Thanks for the stats, it illustrates the catastrophic loss of support in traditional Labour heartlands. Just where do Labour go from here?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 08 May 2021, 20:45

Rayner sacked, looks like the next Labour civil war is around the corner. It’s a shame I really wanted her to continue as a Labour spokesperson, a gift that kept on giving.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 10 May 2021, 14:29

There's no sugar coating it and it will continue to be a struggle to get the party to understand the reasons why.

It remains true that much of the electorate agree in principal with what Labour stands for but there are a couple of issues that have directly affected the heartlands. Whilst I still disagree with the view of the many, I understand why they feel the way they do.

I'm sure all you Tory boys have noted how much BJ's government have moved to a more centre-left policy government, stealing Labour ideas with increased spending being the obvious policy change. I'm sure Labour has to swallow its bitter pill to regain trust.

With Breixt done and dusted we have to move forward by putting Britain first and foremost, striking trade deals that are significantly weighed in our favour and not just door openers to cheap tat and chlorinated chicken. Goods imported into this country should meet strict standards that our manufacturing base have to work to and even move a stage further. Everyone should be encouraged to buy British, even if it costs a little more and we need to invest in British industry, or what the Tories have left us of it (yes, they decimated it). We can no longer rely on the financial sector to bail us out.

We make the best steel in the world. We have the best scientists, lined up for the Green Revolution.

The message from the Labour Metro Mayor's has gone down well and it seems the public are in favour of Public ownership of transport infrastructure, bus and rail in particular. This will be a true measure of BJ's 'levelling up' promise and I'm not holding my breath.

We need investment in education and training, in the health service so it can cope with any pandemic that may come but also the many other health issue that affect this country and in particular, its poorest citizens.

Plenty to build on and be careful you Tories don't push too hard or you might get a Labour Leader with charisma and who appeals to the public.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 May 2021, 17:18

Capper, you are starting to unconsciously sound like a true blue Tory on this last post of yours - have you had a brain transplant ? .... ha ha !! .... I'm absolutely Gobsmacked !!

The General Public has finally sniffed out that Labour are full of amateurs led and infiltrated by Red under the Bed politics and cannot be trusted and are in the political wilderness and may never get back in especially with the rise of the Greens starting to gain a bit of traction with the youth of today and their Planetary worries !!

Having said that the country always needs a decent opposition to keep the incumbents in check and the only way Labour will get back to higher support levels is to have a decent leader and which I have mentioned on several occasions in past posts that Andy Burnham would currently be the best leader to revive Labour fortunes as I can't see Starmer or anyone else able to do this !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 10 May 2021, 21:42

There’s a complete dearth of talent in the PLP illustrated nicely with their Deputy Leader, a thick as mince oik, the only test she ever passed at school was a pregnancy test. I think Boris could be PM for as long as he wants, there is no effective opposition. The Batley and Spen by-election should be another brick smashed out of the crumbling red wall.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 11 May 2021, 09:36

alftupper wrote: 10 May 2021, 21:42 There’s a complete dearth of talent in the PLP illustrated nicely with their Deputy Leader, a thick as mince oik, the only test she ever passed at school was a pregnancy test. I think Boris could be PM for as long as he wants, there is no effective opposition. The Batley and Spen by-election should be another brick smashed out of the crumbling red wall.
I keep forgetting how smart the PM is. Hasn't got a clue what day it is never mind comb his hair or tie his shoe laces.

Being well qualified in the classics doesn't make you smart and as my old father-in-law used to say, educated idiots.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 11 May 2021, 11:28

Nothing surprises me about what you have to say anymore capper, you were quite happy to have Diane Abbott running the Home Office so your endorsement of a woman who was busy behind the bike sheds when responsible pupils were taking charge of their own destiny doesn’t surprise me one bit. Thank goodness the voices of you are your ilk are increasingly irrelevant in today’s politics.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 11 May 2021, 12:28

alftupper wrote: 11 May 2021, 11:28 Nothing surprises me about what you have to say anymore capper, you were quite happy to have Diane Abbott running the Home Office so your endorsement of a woman who was busy behind the bike sheds when responsible pupils were taking charge of their own destiny doesn’t surprise me one bit. Thank goodness the voices of you are your ilk are increasingly irrelevant in today’s politics.
Dismissing people is what cost Labour and as daft as BJ is, he doesn't wholeheartedly follow your very narrow thinking but does realise the importance of 'conning' the masses.

Thankfully, I too have little regard for what you say or think because your extremism is not what the majority of this country wants. You're more hung out to dry than Labour and that's saying a great deal.

People of this country are happy that a woman who may have borne children at a young age have pulled their way up and made something of themselves, not relying on the stage for support. Giving people a chance is what I, and Labour, are all about.

Perhaps you'd like to get back to dangling your little worm out, hoping for another bite?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 11 May 2021, 13:26

FIat Capper wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:28 People of this country are happy that a woman who may have borne children at a young age have pulled their way up and made something of themselves, not relying on the stage for support. Giving people a chance is what I, and Labour, are all about.
I’ll informed as usual capper, she has openly admitted the she was completely reliant on the state hand outs provided to her by the Thatcher and Major governments.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 11 May 2021, 15:04

Capper, rather than try to trash Boris and his Bumbling demeanour and unkempt look and diss him on his mistakes, you need to understand why the General Public have taken to him and not, as you allude to, the masses being conned by him as that really makes the majority of the General Public in your eyes looking to be absolute idiots to have supported him and that makes you in the small minority of general opinion !!

The main reason of his popularity is that people see him as not being too serious and portrays much related human attitudes within most people's "take on life" than rather seeing Old Jezza preaching a red gospel with creepy intent and, as another comparison, to Theresa May preaching like a School HeadMistress !! For all his frailties, people see a lot in him that they see in themselves and that is what and why he is popular be it swinging on a wire over the Thames or being of serious intent on Government business and making the odd blunder along the way - Common sense people know that - it's called being Human !! He also has some very astute people within his Cabinet to advise and guide him with the likes of Gove and Reece Mogg along with a few others to keep him level headed and where Government Policy is thrashed out !

And that is why (along with the promise of levelling up for the North and the trust they have placed in him after many years of Labour Ruled areas doing diddly squat) the Red Wall has finally collapsed !! Labour has had their chance under Blair and Brown Governments to have made a difference for the North and didn't so Labour has finally reaped what they sowed !!

It's pointless you bleating that Tories have stolen Labour Policies - You need to answer the question as to why Labour, when they had the chance when in power, didn't act !!!

The FreePorts planned for the North and the move of departments out of London to the North is going to be testament to the Tories acting on their promises to enrich the North with Jobs and Prosperity especially when the Trade Agreements around the world kick in and which is why the future, according to many a pundit just now, are predicting a major UK growth !!

Get on Board the Tory StarShip and stop the bleating Capper !! If you can't do that, I will gratefully lend you my Handerkerchief for your Sniffles !!

The proof of the Pudding will be in the next 3/4 years and it ain't going to be easy with the huge Pandemic Debt to service anyway so it will be very interesting to see if the UK can ride the tide !!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 11 May 2021, 15:13

alftupper wrote: 11 May 2021, 13:26
FIat Capper wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:28 People of this country are happy that a woman who may have borne children at a young age have pulled their way up and made something of themselves, not relying on the stage for support. Giving people a chance is what I, and Labour, are all about.
I’ll informed as usual capper, she has openly admitted the she was completely reliant on the state hand outs provided to her by the Thatcher and Major governments.
Your little worm is getting smaller...

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 11 May 2021, 15:38

CasRus wrote: 11 May 2021, 15:04 Capper, rather than try to trash Boris and his Bumbling demeanour and unkempt look and diss him on his mistakes, you need to understand why the General Public have taken to him and not, as you allude to, the masses being conned by him as that really makes the majority of the General Public in your eyes looking to be absolute idiots to have supported him and that makes you in the small minority of general opinion !!

The main reason of his popularity is that people see him as not being too serious and portrays much related human attitudes within most people's "take on life" than rather seeing Old Jezza preaching a red gospel with creepy intent and, as another comparison, to Theresa May preaching like a School HeadMistress !! For all his frailties, people see a lot in him that they see in themselves and that is what and why he is popular be it swinging on a wire over the Thames or being of serious intent on Government business and making the odd blunder along the way - Common sense people know that - it's called being Human !! He also has some very astute people within his Cabinet to advise and guide him with the likes of Gove and Reece Mogg along with a few others to keep him level headed and where Government Policy is thrashed out !

And that is why (along with the promise of levelling up for the North and the trust they have placed in him after many years of Labour Ruled areas doing diddly squat) the Red Wall has finally collapsed !! Labour has had their chance under Blair and Brown Governments to have made a difference for the North and didn't so Labour has finally reaped what they sowed !!

It's pointless you bleating that Tories have stolen Labour Policies - You need to answer the question as to why Labour, when they had the chance when in power, didn't act !!!

The FreePorts planned for the North and the move of departments out of London to the North is going to be testament to the Tories acting on their promises to enrich the North with Jobs and Prosperity especially when the Trade Agreements around the world kick in and which is why the future, according to many a pundit just now, are predicting a major UK growth !!

Get on Board the Tory StarShip and stop the bleating Capper !! If you can't do that, I will gratefully lend you my Handerkerchief for your Sniffles !!

The proof of the Pudding will be in the next 3/4 years and it ain't going to be easy with the huge Pandemic Debt to service anyway so it will be very interesting to see if the UK can ride the tide !!
Your last paragraph is the interesting one and time will tell. By the way, Freeports are national and a few hundred civil service posts won't transform any area.

There are many areas in the North that need help but are not getting it because they remain Labour. That's not levelling up and why I refer to him conning the public. He hasn't delivered yet.

As for his demeaner, I agree, he comes across as your mate, I just don't want my mates running the country, God forbid. I want someone who is there to serve and protect me. Look after my services and invest in ALL areas, not just the ones that voted for me. Treat our hero's in the NHS with respect and pay them what they are owed, not kick them whilst they are down. In fact I want the NHS to be fully prepared for every eventuality and not out on a limb when the next crisis comes along.

You have said before that the pandemic will need paying for and there's no doubt the Tories will stop investment, cut funding and leave the poorest in society out on their own - again.

As for previous Labour governments, much of the investment in our own area was brought about by our Labour government obtaining EU funding to make the investments required after Thatcher threw us all to the wolves by closing our industries with no support to follow. Millions cast aside for the sake of revenge. At least Brexit gives us the opportunity to spend the money directly from home.

There were many area under the Blair government that were vastly improved but they were of course public services, many of which have been thrown out by the True Blues.

I'm sure the top deck of Tory Starship is wonderful, it's just that I know the lower decks will be left to drown when it sinks.

And for the record, just because I disagree with you and our glorious Coco le Chamise, it doesn't mean I'm bleating or crying into anything. I remain strong and determined to put the country right for everyone and not just my mates.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 11 May 2021, 16:32

Capper, you are totally and utterly wrong to say industry was cast aside for the sake of revenge - the economics speak for themselves when a ton of coal from Oz was coming in at £5 a ton when we were producing a ton of coal at £25 a ton. The Coal Industry was considerably over staffed as my brother would testify that night shifts had half the workers snoring their heads off down the mine while the other half worked and then swopped over the following week !! Unfortunately industry and jobs have to go when like Korea start building ships at a fraction of the cost and the weaving industry headed the same way just as a couple of many examples where we just could not compete when demands for £300 a week and going on strike for this was always going to be unsustainable.

The other thing you need to know is that wealth always trickles down with the people that have the money to invest - it cannot trickle up when the lower paid have diddly squat to invest ! People that have made it like Dyson and Wetherspoon who made their fortune invest to expand and create more jobs - it's a fact of democracy or would you rather be a pawn in an autocratic state being bullied into work submission like China !! Everyone in a democracy has the opportunity to excel if they apply themselves or accept the work that is provided which, by the way, is like being a lottery winner anyway compared to some other countries !! We are fortunate to live in what is considered to be a wealthy country !

The only gripe I have ever had is the North South divide where more was put into the South and yes it was more Tory administered I would agree ! Now this levelling up is hopefully going to address that and where us Northern Folk will finally be able to become on a similar level to our Southern Brethren and provide a lift for everyone here in the North !!