Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » 26 Apr 2020, 15:49

baldtiger wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 12:36 Not said owt on here for a bit . How does everyone thing the Tory's are doing ?
Personally I dont think they could organize a [REMOVED] up !
NHS still struggling for PPE .. Only report deaths in hospital when they know its at least double that number.
UK firms just exported 5 million items of PPE to Europe after trying to get a response from Tory party for 2 weeks
Burberrys offering to make gowns .. No Tory response , Scotland NHS said for them to go ahead .. And what I've heard there no good :P :P made out of the wrong material . Why the chuff didn't someone in charge make sure they were in the know!
Still not testing ! Germany had all there labs making test kits from January , so mass testing and putting people on ventilators before they were critical hence much better survival rates !!
I could go on lol , but my rant for the day is over too .. Hope all are well and keeping sane :) :)
It's too early to tell what and who are falling short and I for one would welcome a full enquiry once we get a grasp of the situation but please bear in mind the logistics of handling this situation is immense and we as laymen are not with the full facts as to lay blame especially as this is a "once in centuries" catastrophe and caught a lot of countries with their trousers down !

I for one was gobsmacked that the England v Wales, Cheltenham Horse Racing and even the last Cas game v St.Helens was allowed to proceed in the knowledge that this was impending disaster on the horizon and how many lives have been lost from not pulling up stumps before these events !! Germany was quick to react and had invested in a much higher inventory of ventilators for example prior to this kicking off but it certainly looks like the UK didn't react as quick and also however a German spokesman mentioned this morning that they were very lucky in certain respects of the spread of the virus while other countries weren't, so luck played a part.

I would also go to say that lifting or not lifting the Lockdown is either way going to cost lives - Lifting Lockdown will exacerbate the spread of the virus while not doing so will also affect lives and livelihoods / economy and bankruptcy / food shortages with knock on effects that will ultimately also jeopardise lives - Devil you do, Devil you don't - a Catch 22 situation !!

There's going to be a lot to learn just by going through this but the blame game is dead easy to start choose whoever is in Governmental Power while those that sit on the fences watching can cast assertions at any time and who is to say if Labour, for example, were in Power would have had similar criticisms of how they were handling in how they were going about it - Fallibility is the preserve of everyone and for any decision being made - it's how you learn from it !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Apr 2020, 01:48

Your last paragraph is interesting as it is pure conjecture. We cannot judge those that have not played a role in the decisions of those in power. Nor can we assume they would have done anything different, better, worse or the same.

The fact is the current government were in power and faced with making difficult decisions. The public had put their faith in them and they cannot ignore their responsibilities.

If they've got it wrong, they must accept their responsibility and acknowledge their blame thus allowing them to move forward in the right direction.

It's pretty clear mistakes have been made and those mistake have cost lives.

The fifth largest economy in the world should not find it difficult to purchase PPE, testing equipment or even medical expertise to prevent the virus spreading. Is there a reason why our political/financial/logistical systems cannot look after the masses?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 27 Apr 2020, 10:31

Flat Capper wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 01:48 Your last paragraph is interesting as it is pure conjecture. We cannot judge those that have not played a role in the decisions of those in power. Nor can we assume they would have done anything different, better, worse or the same.

The fact is the current government were in power and faced with making difficult decisions. The public had put their faith in them and they cannot ignore their responsibilities.

If they've got it wrong, they must accept their responsibility and acknowledge their blame thus allowing them to move forward in the right direction.

It's pretty clear mistakes have been made and those mistake have cost lives.

The fifth largest economy in the world should not find it difficult to purchase PPE, testing equipment or even medical expertise to prevent the virus spreading. Is there a reason why our political/financial/logistical systems cannot look after the masses?
Yes well even the great Winston Churchill made mistakes and which cost lives in both offence and defence of this country and he is regarded as one of our greats !

There is no one on the planet that will get it absolutely right given the speed and unknowns of a crisis in which this has materialised within the space of a few weeks. You cannot expect Nirvana - there will always be collateral damage. It's a question of learning from and minimising.

Yes it looks like there may have been mistakes and which potentially has cost lives - it was always going to be an inevitability and which devil you do devil you don't easing of lockdown will also cost lives either way in the near future .

Like I said, there needs to be an enquiry once we get a grip of this crisis and analyse whether there has been any ongoing abject incompetence before we go sounding off without a clear enquiry analysis to base a sound judgement and then have the opportunity to take anyone to task if it is ever shown to be incompetence of unacceptable proportions.

It's like the question of why we sent over to China early days around 200K pieces of PPE which was heavily criticised however they sent us back over a million - would they have sent those million pieces if we had refused to send the 200K pieces of PPE ???? It's too early to make assertions until the total facts are studied.

On PPE availability, It needs to be fully analysed and it's not just a question of being the fifth largest economy in the world (which is a narrow sighted point out on your part) - it's the question of availability when everyone and his dog are wanting the same kit at the same time ! Look at the biggest economy America - they are struggling bigger than what we are !! Everyone knows this is one of the biggest problems and I can't see why they are not trying their hardest to get this availability as I am sure they are !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 28 Apr 2020, 00:18

I'm not entirely sure what an enquiry after the event will achieve other than to prove they got it wrong! It's all good and well saying we can take a full look at everything but it won't bring back all the lives lost to poor decisions.

On which, yes, I acknowledge anybody and everybody is trying to get hold of PPE but it is now apparent that many offers from various manufacturers to provide copious amounts of the stuff have simply not been picked up. I presume our position as the fifth largest economy in the world means we clearly[should] have the capacity to pay for it so let’s get on and make it.

The most important thing about mistakes is to learn from them and I'm not sure any lessons are being learned, more ignored.

CasG

Post by CasG » 14 Aug 2020, 08:45

Any other Tory voters think they made a mistake?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Aug 2020, 15:03

CasG wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 08:45 Any other Tory voters think they made a mistake?
Given the alternative was a Jeremy Corbyn led government with Diane Abbott in charge of our security and a Marxist Chancellor absolutely not.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Sep 2020, 11:57

alftupper wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 15:03
CasG wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 08:45 Any other Tory voters think they made a mistake?
Given the alternative was a Jeremy Corbyn led government with Diane Abbott in charge of our security and a Marxist Chancellor absolutely not.
That depends. If the question relates to the Tory leadership vote, I'm sure there are one or two Tories that could've led us through this crisis without constantly pressing the panic button. BJ makes Corporal Jones look reliable...

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 30 Oct 2020, 08:28

and so it continues 5 years after the disastrous decision to elevate Corbyn to Labour Leader it seems we are now going to be treated to the spectacle of a bloody civil war between the hard left and left.

and how on earth can the horrible horrible Ranyer be allowed to continue as deputy leader after supporting Corbyn throughout, Starmer himself is also complicit having served in Corbyn’s shadow cabinet. Rotten throughout, the real nasty party.

Get out the popcorn it’s going to be a great watch.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Oct 2020, 12:02

At least they've been investigated and not continuing to hide their prejudices. The Tory party continue to attempt to avoid any investigation into Islamophobia. You know the Tory party, the same party that brought us Enoch Powell!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Nov 2020, 18:59

Flat Capper wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 12:02 At least they've been investigated and not continuing to hide their prejudices. The Tory party continue to attempt to avoid any investigation into Islamophobia. You know the Tory party, the same party that brought us Enoch Powell!
Quite ironic that you refer to the great man in derisory terms on the day our terrorist threat level has been upped to ‘severe’ and as we know highly likely the perpetrators will be home grown

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 04 Nov 2020, 12:08

alftupper wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 18:59
Flat Capper wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 12:02 At least they've been investigated and not continuing to hide their prejudices. The Tory party continue to attempt to avoid any investigation into Islamophobia. You know the Tory party, the same party that brought us Enoch Powell!
Quite ironic that you refer to the great man in derisory terms on the day our terrorist threat level has been upped to ‘severe’ and as we know highly likely the perpetrators will be home grown
I actually referred to him on Friday when the threat level didn't move but hey ho, not like you to miss facts is it?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 24 Dec 2020, 17:59

Well all the naysayers and remoaners said it couldn’t be done, but on the face of it it looks like we have regained our sovereignty and negotiated a free trade deal.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 24 Dec 2020, 18:46

alftupper wrote: 24 Dec 2020, 17:59 Well all the naysayers and remoaners said it couldn’t be done, but on the face of it it looks like we have regained our sovereignty and negotiated a free trade deal.
Yabadabbadoo ! Finally !!

I'm sure there will still be moans and groans about the deal done but at the very least it keeps us going in the short term and the long game of other worldwide trade deals we already have negotiated and more to come could be the making of this country with the ever shifting technology improvements including green technology which we need to get start ups going on this.

I can see the EU cracking apart in the next few years anyway !!

So Looking forward to the journey on "StarShip UK" and hopefully getting a first march on the rest of the EU countries with worldwide trade deals with less red tape !!

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 25 Dec 2020, 15:48

The EU makes the mafia look amateur, and while it's good for us in some ways it's been shocking in other ways, and we have been one of the biggest payers. The EU have made it as awkward as possible to leave so as to make other countries think twice about leaving, but I think the UK is the beginning of the end of the EU. The French for example have caused mayhem with all those truck drivers stuck in Kent, and yet they can't or won't stop the migrants on boats. Anyway let's see how it goes from the outside and let's not forget we're called Great Britain for a reason 💪🇬🇧

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 25 Dec 2020, 18:24

Isn't it ironical that two tyrant run regimes are now coming to an end in the same month - The EU and Trump run America !!

"Times they are a changing" and it can't be any worse than what it has been.

Just goes to show what happens when a bully lead regime has to face being disrupted by democracy.

What goes around comes around so let's hope we can lso sort out the covid virus and get back on the horse soonest and move forward - it's going to be really bad for 1 more year I think and I just hope, for the good of all, that the wealth side of the UK can find it in themselves to dig deep into their pockets and bail out the country with a government deployed one off tax payment (Sunak must consider this !) to bring the debt down to more manageable proportions and then the wealthy side bear an ongoing moderate tax increase over the next 3-5 years to get investment funds generated into growing the economy with the opportunities that Brexit now presents with trade deals around the world.

We are GB and we can do this with a Positive and Patient attitude from all and with a hard work ethic to get us shooting upwards from where in the doody we find ourselves now !!

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Dec 2020, 18:47

Well I don't really understand what is going to happen my brain won't function with political issues. But if it's good for us bring it on.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Dec 2020, 17:47

I see the EU are about to roll out the vaccine a full 3 weeks after we have been administering it, a prime example that we are better off in charge of our own destiny.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 May 2021, 07:20

Corbyn’s toxic legacy continues this morning with an extraordinary Tory victory in the former Labour heartland of Hartlepool!

The sheer arrogance of Labour to parachute in a Remoaner candidate is breathtaking and has backfired in spectacular fashion. As I said at the very start of this topic 6 years ago Labour are set for a very long time in the wilderness. What a great morning!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 07 May 2021, 08:34

Yes it has now proved out how Labour has squandered loyalty to their party these past 50 years in doing nothing for Labour Heartlands which has now come to bite them hard.

Also, the Levelling up process beginning in the North East has added impetus to the Tory cause.

Put that alongside the damage of old anti democratic Jezza opposition to Brexit with the help of remainers spoiling the inevitable these past 4 years shows how out of touch Labour have been and which has proved to be severely dumb !!

As the old adage goes, Labour had it coming !!

I agree with Alf, this will take a lifetime for Labour to recover the North from this as they have shown how inept they have been and I look forward to this translating all over the Northern Heartlands including our area here in Cas/Ponte ! I just can't believe how constituents here have been so brainwashed into voting Labour thinking these past long years and hope they now wake up to the Tory levelling up process and support their cause as after all these years of Labour control, the main streets of Cas and Ponte typify the Labour neglect !!.... Labour for the working man !!!!........I don't think so !!!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 May 2021, 11:21

The Tories are now genuinely the party of the hard working man, Labour voters fall into the woke lefty set or the lazy shirkers who expect to get more out of the system than what they put in. This result is better than my expectations for a mid term election for the governing party to enjoy such a swing in a seat they haven’t held in generations it is extraordinary. This will not have done anything to help our erstwhile friend WF10’s recovery!