Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » 27 Mar 2020, 12:36

Flat Capper wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 10:23
alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 19:35
Flat Capper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 19:15
How many countries continue to invest in the mining industry?
There you go again Capper. Are you suggesting we should be doing the same? Just a few pages back you were pushing for us to become world leaders in green energy technology. How do you reconcile the two?

On second thoughts don’t even try.
Now then Slackbladder, I was referring to the miners strike in 1984/5 when we weren't thinking about green energy. Correct support at that time would've removed our 30/40 year reliance on imports and helped the mining communities, avoiding the massive hole the Iron Bitch left behind.

And on the Chancellor's anouncement, see my post above or are your blinkers still in the way?
Constant support of the Mining Industry to present day would have cost Billions in tax support - It was 5 times cheaper to get a ton of drift mine coal from Oz than a ton mined here in the UK as I remember in the 80s.

Even the last mines left open and eventually had to shut due to unviability - - Just take Kellingley as an example - on the doorstep of 3 big power stations and many a imported coal supply train by passed the very doorstep of Kellingley to supply Eggborough Power Station !! Yes it was a bitter pill to swallow to see that happening with our miners working hard and UK coal not selling !

Every sensible person knew the UK Mining Industry was doomed apart from the miners themselves and just like other industries like the Sheffield Steel industry having to be vastly reduced and shipbuilding industries in Scotland who could not compete with Korea back in the day. Miners were not singled out and why should they have been a special case and why should they be when other industries like many engineering works lost a lot more jobs around Leeds for example over the years !

Thatcher was being a realist and saved the taxpayer billions on not supporting a "dead as a duck" industry as I see it !

A lot of my mates around Cas and Ponte lost their jobs (my brother being one). Yes it's hard and frustrating but all have gone on to gain decent enough jobs and a lot more healthier jobs by the way !

Yes there are coal industries on the go around the world which are viable - China is one but their workers are getting paid practically a bowl of rice in comparison to coal face workers here at the time earning £1,000+ a week just before Kellingley shut.

Capper, get over yourself and move on - just like the world has ! Until they find a way of making coal extraction viable and competitive in a de-sulphurised method of extraction you can argue till the cows come home but it just it won't happen until they find a way !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Mar 2020, 13:14

Missed the point once again. Have you borrowed Tuppers blinkers?

It was one thing to fail to support the mining industry, which also provided thousands of jobs in the supply chain like engineering, but it was another entirely to completely ignore te impact on the communities and leave them high and dry.

there should have been some support, as has been the case with the steel industry (I won't mention the banks yet!) and a gradual move to encouraging and supporting other industries that today would be the likes of green energy companies. This is "moving on" as you like to spout.

By the way, on the subject of moving on, are you and Slacktupper going to move on from Corbyn now or will you keep digging tat one out when it suits you?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 27 Mar 2020, 13:37

Flat Capper wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 13:14 By the way, on the subject of moving on, are you and Slacktupper going to move on from Corbyn now or will you keep digging tat one out when it suits you?
You'd like that wouldn't you Crapper, move on and forget how you sang the praises of Corbyn, Abbott and co.

hard luck, I for one won't let you sweep that under the carpet.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 27 Mar 2020, 13:45

I see BJ has contracted the covid-19 virus, this will cement his standing even further. Like Henry V leading from the front he has taken one leading from the front!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 27 Mar 2020, 14:28

alftupper wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 13:45 I see BJ has contracted the covid-19 virus, this will cement his standing even further. Like Henry V leading from the front he has taken one leading from the front!
Yes he's taken one for the team !!!

Just goes to show the difference between him and Jezza today who has now started harping on that his policies were right all along with what is going on now !!!!!

What A Plonker and Living in his own Fantasy Glory-Land and still trying to score from a situation that has come from a very unpredictable Bolt from the Blue !!

Sophie Ridge on Sunday showed him right up for what he is - He doesn't even think that what is going on to be a "needs must" one off situation costing Billions upon Billions and under normal circumstances would not stand up in any normal situation.

Jezza is Totally Deluded and needs putting out to pasture as soon as possible ! Just glad he never got into power.

Labour would have been best served (and, personally for me, to date be served) with Andy Burnham heading Labour up which is a shame he isn't standing to form a credible opposition - He's the most sensible person Labour has at the moment !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Mar 2020, 14:36

Move on fellas, no need for double standards.

Mind you, the fact BJ has now got the virus shows he wasn't following his own advice. That doesn't improve his standing but shows his stupidity. I can only hope he hasn't infected others although I unerstand Matt Hancock has now contracted it. Fine examples.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Mar 2020, 14:49

CasRus wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 14:28
alftupper wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 13:45 I see BJ has contracted the covid-19 virus, this will cement his standing even further. Like Henry V leading from the front he has taken one leading from the front!
Labour would have been best served (and, personally for me, to date be served) with Andy Burnham heading Labour up which is a shame he isn't standing to form a credible opposition - He's the most sensible person Labour has at the moment !
Astute politicians like Burnham will only put themselves up for leadership when they think Labour have chance of winning a general election.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Mar 2020, 14:52

Flat Capper wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 14:36 Move on fellas, no need for double standards.

Mind you, the fact BJ has now got the virus shows he wasn't following his own advice. That doesn't improve his standing but shows his stupidity. I can only hope he hasn't infected others although I unerstand Matt Hancock has now contracted it. Fine examples.
If he’s got symptoms now, he will have probably caught it 10-14 days ago. At that time, there were no restrictions or even very much advice, bar singing Happy Birthday whilst washing your hands.
You can’t blame someone for catching Covid-19. If it was so easy to avoid it, it wouldn’t be a worldwide pandemic.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Mar 2020, 16:40

nottinghamtiger wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 14:52
Flat Capper wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 14:36 Move on fellas, no need for double standards.

If he’s got symptoms now, he will have probably caught it 10-14 days ago. At that time, there were no restrictions or even very much advice, bar singing Happy Birthday whilst washing your hands.
You can’t blame someone for catching Covid-19. If it was so easy to avoid it, it wouldn’t be a worldwide pandemic.
A lot of my critiscism of BJ relates to his reluctance to go for lockdown two/three weeks ago. We knew what was coming and the gov't finally accpeted that reducing people movement was vital to reducing the impact of this pandemic. The symptoms take up to 10-14 days to show but can show much sooner.

Either way, I wouldn't wish this on anyone but continue to hope everyone heads the advice, and more.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 27 Mar 2020, 19:28

That response is way below the belt Capper - you should be ashamed of yourself !

I don't have to explain how derogatory on Human decency is with that response is as it's plain for all to see !!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 27 Mar 2020, 19:46

Don't venture here often.
The NHS is doing a fabulous job.
Think how much more they could have done had they not endured years of underfunding.
Had we responded more quickly we could have also procured more ventilators with our former partners in the EEU.
The virus is not prejudice attacking all.
Taje care

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 27 Mar 2020, 20:59

casjunction wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 19:46 Don't venture here often.
The NHS is doing a fabulous job.
Think how much more they could have done had they not endured years of underfunding.
Had we responded more quickly we could have also procured more ventilators with our former partners in the EEU.
The virus is not prejudice attacking all.
Taje care
Yes you are right that the virus can strike anyone at any time and all by the way plenty of f.ckwits are still conducting themselves in our society and not heeding the call when we all had been given the decision to !

Just to highlight this, My next door neighbour has just been rushed to hospital struggling to breathe and they have put him on one of those new Dyson Ventilators.

The Good News is that he's Picking Up Nicely !!

Come On - You've got to laugh !!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Mar 2020, 23:43

CasRus wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 19:28

That response is way below the belt Capper - you should be ashamed of yourself !

I don't have to explain how derogatory on Human decency is with that response is as it's plain for all to see !!
Did you leave the last sentence off purely for your own means rather than full context? You continue to describe those risking passing on the infection as f*+kwits but can't acknowledge the failings of the government.

Like I said, I wouldn't wish this on anybody and if we had reacted sooner, fewer would've been put at risk.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 28 Mar 2020, 11:04

Flat Capper wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 23:43
CasRus wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 19:28

Did you leave the last sentence off purely for your own means rather than full context? You continue to describe those risking passing on the infection as f*+kwits but can't acknowledge the failings of the government.

Like I said, I wouldn't wish this on anybody and if we had reacted sooner, fewer would've been put at risk.
Yes well Capper, you say BJ wasn't following his own advice and shows his stupidity whereas only a number of days ago you were criticising him for not going around shaking hands with all the flood victims !!!! What a total W.nk Hypocritical argument you serve up !! Like I said you criticise BJ from whichever direction you feel and then make yourself to be a stupid idiot yourself !!!!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 28 Mar 2020, 13:17

This is situation like none we have seen in our life times.
We face a huge challenge.
We can all play our part
Whether as key workers,
Volunteers
Or following advise.
People have many different and diverse views for me l have always believed that the NHS is the greatest thing to happen in our country and possibly the world.
Vain hope that for once even if only for now it would be good to have a break from derision, division and animosity.
Certainly seeing in some quarters.
It is what will hopefully pull us through.
Name calling certainly will not.
Can we agree to differ and leave it at that.
Stay safe.
Be kind to one anothet.
You never know when you will need someone's help.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 28 Mar 2020, 14:07

casjunction wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 13:17 This is situation like none we have seen in our life times.
We face a huge challenge.
We can all play our part
Whether as key workers,
Volunteers
Or following advise.
People have many different and diverse views for me l have always believed that the NHS is the greatest thing to happen in our country and possibly the world.
Vain hope that for once even if only for now it would be good to have a break from derision, division and animosity.
Certainly seeing in some quarters.
It is what will hopefully pull us through.
Name calling certainly will not.
Can we agree to differ and leave it at that.
Stay safe.
Be kind to one anothet.
You never know when you will need someone's help.
I was merely pointing out the hypocritical nature of Capper changing his spots when it suits in calling BJ stupid for mixing when he was totally arguing the other way a number of days ago for him to eet people in the floods which makes him look stupid.

Where I do agree with Capper is that this should have been in martial law conditions 3 weeks ago which I have mentioned a number of times in recent posts.

I see a number of people are STILL moving around irresponsibly and some are even still going into tourist areas potentially carrying the virus to other areas - for me they are the harbourers of death and part of the virus so, for me, they should be shot on site for flouting the rules !

Put it this way, Why should these F.ckwits even contemplate jeopardizing anybody by breaking the rules now laid down and potentially condemning some people to death by spreading the virus ? For me, they are carrying an invisible virus gun and shooting at random in my eyes which will kill a few people. The truth of it, is that if a person was out on the street with a gun shooting, at random, the Police would gun them down - same thing here but in invisible mode !! Am I Right ?

Whilst we cannot exclude anyone doing this with having to legitimately and acceptably go out for food etc, we can all at least minimise the risk by FOLLOWING THE RULES !!!

Sorry I've name called again but some people do warrant the name I have labelled them !!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 29 Mar 2020, 14:40

I'm the stupid one? Last time I checked there wasn't a pandemic running around when the floods were in full flow? Nothing to stop BJ doing his job as leader and visiting the victims, reasurring them the government was there to help them?

Then, onve the virus was here and starting to run amok, BJ needed to observe social distancing, even in his very important meetings at Number 10. The government should also have restricted movements much sooner and I'm glad you#ve finally realise this fact.

Get your head out of Boris' harris and see the light.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 29 Mar 2020, 14:42

The austerity that will follow this pandemic will make the measures taken after the Labour bust of 2008 look like a teddy bears picnic.

surely this must put into question the likes of HS2 and other capital projects.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 29 Mar 2020, 15:46

alftupper wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 14:42 The austerity that will follow this pandemic will make the measures taken after the Labour bust of 2008 look like a teddy bears picnic.

surely this must put into question the likes of HS2 and other capital projects.
I'm afraid so for at least a 5 year period if not more !

Any Government pumping Billions upon Billions will need this to be covered somehow and we all know what that means - TAX !

Massive World Recession is looking ominous and Many Businesses will go bust so get ready for a life changing frugal existence after all this as the tax hikes will come to cover this spend and that means trips to cinemas, mcdonalds, shows, holidays etc etc etc will become an absolute luxury and force these type of businesses to close with knock on effects to other businesses and compound further strain with job losses.

China will not have much business to export to given the state of countries' economies being in poor state and that will put internal strain on their massive population which is going to be very worrying also and may make them even more outwardly aggressive - There are already signs of mob rule in Italy starting up with families having no money and no food left to feed families, so this may also become the norm before we know it.

The only way I think this is going to stop any sign of anarchy being reached and it's a very big if, is for the number of Billionaires and very rich to be stripped of most of their bank asset holdings to help the situation through the next few years and be rebalanced gradually over a number of years which might be a bit of a help. I can feel a raid on bank savings coming on from a "what level of bank savings asset" people have over a defined start point of savings who can afford to be stripped !

I think we are now looking to be at a precipice point here on world decisions - Are countries going to still continue to pump billions and trillions into armaments and space exploration or are they going to stop spending on these and try to take care of the people !

There's many "think abouts" to consider and many possible outcomes be it work together or a complete meltdown of world society if the nastiness really starts - and that has already started with EU countries starting to fall out with each other !

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 29 Mar 2020, 22:32

Some revolutionary ideas there CasRus.
But who knows.
As you say how can nations justify their defense budget when they have failed to protect us from a common foe.
Are ordinary folk who have lost every thing going to look on benevolently as the rich carry on regardless.
I think we may see a very different way of doing things in the future.
I hope it will lead to unity but l think history has shown we forget the lessons of the past quite quickly.
Or do some have a vested interest in disharmony.
Take care.
Keep safe.