Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » 26 Mar 2020, 12:52

I see Jezza "Dodgy Whiskers" is giving his last PMQs today !!

He must be totally hacked off he's having to be giving up his Leadership Tenure especially when the country is being forced into some form of Nationalisation just now and his Kremlin Buddies circling around in the North Sea with several of their naval ships testing our resilience !!

Anyway, as we haven't much else to talk about lately and back on the topic of the century to keep us engaged , here's something to ponder on which is in the back of my mind and is a slight feeling of unease which I could be imagining:-

Does anyone get a feeling that the current covid situation is a pre cursor for something bigger coming at us down the line ??

Maybe I'm being paranoid but it feels very strange out there in the world and a bit weird !

One thing that has been a nagging question on all this - in light of the world's natural systems under "pollution siege" and looking as they are on the brink of collapse, has covid been a manufactured virus to stop the world in it's tracks to give natural systems a chance of recovery which the scientific evidence may have already categorically shown the world is about to implode unless we take drastic action and this covid is a way to get the planes, cars and other pollutants drastically being reduced to try to stave off disaster ??

This is all food for thought and up for discussion but may also be that I may be my imagination is going a bit stir crazy in my confinement... ha ha !!

Hope to hear back from a couple of you even if it's to say that I've gone GA GA …….LOL !! Got to laugh sometimes !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 14:44

nottinghamtiger wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 09:52
alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 08:40 I have total confidence that the Conservatives will defeat this enemy just as they have done our other enemies over the last 100 years in miners.
I spy something fishing for a reaction!
Miners aren’t the only people to go on strike as a result of a Conservative policies. Let’s not forget that we’ve also had a recent NHS strike as a result of Tory policy (the very people now on the front line) and two teachers’ strikes as a result of Tory policy (now the ones caring for the children of critical workers during this national emergency).
I have every confidence in our medical experts to limit the impact of Coronavirus as much as is possible. But this isn’t party-political.
The 1984-85 strike was incomparable to the recent strikes that you mention. It was about a man hell bent on bringing down a democratically elected government and he was aided by thousands of foot soldiers stopping people trying to go about their working day through intimidation. Scargill was the enemy within facilitated by an army of militants, thank god the PM he was up against was the Iron Lady.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 14:48

CasRus wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 12:52 I see Jezza "Dodgy Whiskers" is giving his last PMQs today !!

He must be totally hacked off he's having to be giving up his Leadership Tenure especially when the country is being forced into some form of Nationalisation just now and his Kremlin Buddies circling around in the North Sea with several of their naval ships testing our resilience !!

Anyway, as we haven't much else to talk about lately and back on the topic of the century to keep us engaged , here's something to ponder on which is in the back of my mind and is a slight feeling of unease which I could be imagining:-

Does anyone get a feeling that the current covid situation is a pre cursor for something bigger coming at us down the line ??

Maybe I'm being paranoid but it feels very strange out there in the world and a bit weird !

One thing that has been a nagging question on all this - in light of the world's natural systems under "pollution siege" and looking as they are on the brink of collapse, has covid been a manufactured virus to stop the world in it's tracks to give natural systems a chance of recovery which the scientific evidence may have already categorically shown the world is about to implode unless we take drastic action and this covid is a way to get the planes, cars and other pollutants drastically being reduced to try to stave off disaster ??

This is all food for thought and up for discussion but may also be that I may be my imagination is going a bit stir crazy in my confinement... ha ha !!

Hope to hear back from a couple of you even if it's to say that I've gone GA GA …….LOL !! Got to laugh sometimes !
I’ve never been one for conspiracy theories CasRus and I ain’t going to start now. This virus transferred to humans because a Chinese peasant in some backwater ....hole decided to chomp on a bat.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 26 Mar 2020, 15:11

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 14:48
CasRus wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 12:52 I see Jezza "Dodgy Whiskers" is giving his last PMQs today !!

I’ve never been one for conspiracy theories CasRus and I ain’t going to start now. This virus transferred to humans because a Chinese peasant in some backwater ....hole decided to chomp on a bat.
That's one opinion however the Chinese think differently and blame the USA for introducing it.

Nobody knows really but the fact of the matter is that we have ice caps now melting at an accelerated rate, huge fires in Oz and the USA, Plague of Locusts decimated African crops, Massive Flooding here etc etc and lots more I could flash up.

It just all feels all very strange and makes we wonder whether people in the know have turned to drastic action to address what could potentially be an extinction on the horizon.

Like it or not, there now seems to be a massive re-adjustment going on and playing out and, what's happening now, is probably just the start !

Analysts are predicting a massive depression around the globe which will economically put the world back years and we haven't yet seen the virus enter the third world countries in any size just yet and that may be coming towards year end where it may not be hundreds dying but tens of thousands ! Take India as an example that have, I believe, 1.6 billion population most of which are living in cramped city conditions - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out the numbers that are potentially at massive risk with no sanitation and diddly squat hospitals !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 15:42

CasRus wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 15:11

That's one opinion however the Chinese think differently and blame the USA for introducing it.
But why would the US release a virus that is killing thousands of its own citizens and grinding its economy to a halt?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Mar 2020, 16:14

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 14:44
alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 08:40 I have total confidence that the Conservatives will defeat this enemy just as they have done our other enemies over the last 100 years in miners.
Miners aren’t the only people to go on strike as a result of a Conservative policies. Let’s not forget that we’ve also had a recent NHS strike as a result of Tory policy (the very people now on the front line) and two teachers’ strikes as a result of Tory policy (now the ones caring for the children of critical workers during this national emergency).
I have every confidence in our medical experts to limit the impact of Coronavirus as much as is possible. But this isn’t party-political.
The 1984-85 strike was incomparable to the recent strikes that you mention. It was about a man hell bent on bringing down a democratically elected government and he was aided by thousands of foot soldiers stopping people trying to go about their working day through intimidation. Scargill was the enemy within facilitated by an army of militants, thank god the PM he was up against was the Iron Lady.
I don’t think I made a comparison - I just pointed out that recent Conservative policy has led to NHS and teaching strikes. If we’re using industrial action by a workforce as a sign of being an “enemy” (your word, not mine) of the government, you’d have to say that this is the case for the current government and NHS/teaching staff. Of course, now those workforces are needed, the government will go quickly change their narrative of how vital and important they are, but make no mistake that in recent years their policy has not reflected this new-found appreciation.
In terms of making comparisons, perhaps your own point should encourage you to reflect on comparing the miners’ strike with two world wars and the Falklands war. As you say, some things aren’t comparable.
And just as a bit of history education; in World War One, a liberal government was in power; in World War Two, a coalition government was in power. It wasn’t the Conservative party who defeated either of these enemies. I’m pretty sure you knew that anyway, but just in case you didn’t......

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 16:43

If you actually bother reading my post I referred to the last 100 years intentionally to take out WW1, by my arithmetic 1918 is greater than 100 years ago - I’m pretty sure you knew that but just in case you didn’t...

Yes I accept during WW2 it was a Conservative led coation.

and anyone who has read anything about the 1984-85 miners strike knows it was not any old industrial action. Scargill set about to try bringing down the government under the guise of saving collieries and no you wouldn’t have to say this about the NHS staff / teachers
Last edited by alftupper on 26 Mar 2020, 16:45, edited 3 times in total.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 26 Mar 2020, 16:44

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 15:42
CasRus wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 15:11

But why would the US release a virus that is killing thousands of its own citizens and grinding its economy to a halt?
Let's suppose they did, there are at least two things to consider if they did:-

1/ By covertly releasing in China, they may have been trying to weaken China from within and possibly underestimated the global implications as China has become a huge massive threat to world peace order.

2/ Maybe they know something super secret on Planet Survival that we don't know and by covertly reducing the number of people on the planet, stopping most moving pollutant producing vehicles/airplanes may have been considered the best and maybe the only option to stop an extinction of the human race !

It's all just pure speculation on my part but, just like the Kennedy assassination, I think personally, there seems to be a lot of smoke and mirror feel to all this which is what I am saying !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 16:47

That’s all very James Bond, I’ll stick to fricasseed bat being no.13 on the Chinese menu

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Mar 2020, 16:54

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 16:43 If you actually bother reading my post I referred to the last 100 years intentionally to take out WW1, by my arithmetic 1918 is greater than 100 years ago - I’m pretty sure you knew that but just in case you didn’t...

Yes I accept during WW2 it was a Conservative led coation.

and anyone who has read anything about the 1984-85 miners strike knows it was not any old industrial action. Scargill set about to try bringing down the government under the guise of saving collieries and no you wouldn’t have to say this about the NHS staff / teachers
Ah, I see. Conveniently ignoring WW1 to make your point seem more believable makes complete sense now.
I think my point is more that the current Conservative government’s attitude towards NHS staff and teachers has taken a sudden turn. Over the past few years, Conservative policy has penalised these workforces, but all of a sudden, now they are needed, attitudes have changed.
I actually don’t think the decisions that are made are political, and shouldn’t be considered as such. The same decisions would be being made whoever was in power or whoever was PM. The medal experts are making the decisions, not the politicians. Thankfully.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 26 Mar 2020, 17:00

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 16:47 That’s all very James Bond, I’ll stick to fricasseed bat being no.13 on the Chinese menu
If we could all see what really goes on at the higher end behind closed doors, I just bet we would all be gobsmacked !!

As the famous saying goes, "We are just treated like mushrooms ! ...…….. kept in the dark and fed sh.t 3 times a day !

At least Wicki -Leaks did bring out some revelations that the USA weren't too enamoured about and which at least sort of proved that clandestine decisions are made all the time and not publicly released !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 17:23

your post does raise a good point though and that is why people get on board conspiracy theories instead of accepting what is usually the bleeding obvious?

Flat Earth, moon landings, 9/11 etc etc

why? Is it simply mental illness?

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Mar 2020, 18:08

Wish I hadn't read these posts now if I wasn't depressed before I am now

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 18:12

I have to say I’ve been very impressed with Rishi Sunak since becoming Chancellor.

PM in waiting?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 26 Mar 2020, 18:34

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 17:23 your post does raise a good point though and that is why people get on board conspiracy theories instead of accepting what is usually the bleeding obvious?

Flat Earth, moon landings, 9/11 etc etc

why? Is it simply mental illness?
Mental Illness ? Not at all ! Sometimes People need to not be so naïve as to what is being told to them and also need to personally deduce as to what is being said, is actually and believably true.

Take the death of Diana … Personally that still remains as dodgy to me as to what was being stated.

The Doctor Davies suicide who was the weapons of mass destruction inspector - another dodgy occurrence in my eyes.

And, if you believe what Andrew said in his interview , then I personally think there's some naïve people away with the fairies on that one !

Yes Flat Earthers/Moon Landing deniers personally are way out there in La La Land - unless they can actually prove it which I 100% doubt they absolutely could by the way !

When something smells bad and events start to escalate like we have just now, then personally I think you have to be aware that official accounts can start to move off the norm of what's being fed to the public and be aware of information being held back to avoid total panic ! It would be a bit like if they are covering up Alien visitation for example and already know we are being visited but won't release for fear of what may happen with a population in total panic !

Personally on this Covid virus, I think there's more than meets the eye to it, but that's just me and we all have a take on what is and what is not ! - I'll book myself into the asylum now shall I Alf ! LOL !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Mar 2020, 19:02

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 18:12 I have to say I’ve been very impressed with Rishi Sunak since becoming Chancellor.

PM in waiting?
I would happily have him in place of the bumbling baffoon you keep blindly supporting.

I actually believe he (Sunak) is doing all he can and a system for the self-employed is bound to be complex which is why I suspect it won't be effective until June. Sadly, this could mean thousands continue to go to work when they should be stopping at home.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Mar 2020, 19:15

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 14:44
Wow, your blinkers are tighter than I thought.

At the end of the day, the miners well left high and dry by both sides but the vast majority of them were fighting for not only their livelyhoods but also their lives. I would agree that Scargill exploited this for his own means but it doesn't detract from the fact the miners were right to fight.

How many countries continue to invest in the mining industry?

Whatever the heartless bitch's plan's were during the strike, she should have provided better support for the mining communties as she closed the pits.

The devestation in areas like ours is obvious for all to see and if it hadn't been for EU funding, the likes of the Five towns would already be ghost towns.

Still. I'm sure you still knock one out when you think about what she did to us.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 19:35

Flat Capper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 19:15
There you go again Capper. Are you suggesting we should be doing the same? Just a few pages back you were pushing for us to become world leaders in green energy technology. How do you reconcile the two?

On second thoughts don’t even try.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Mar 2020, 19:51

no word of praise for the Chancellor’s announcement this evening?

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Mar 2020, 10:23

alftupper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 19:35
Flat Capper wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 19:15
There you go again Capper. Are you suggesting we should be doing the same? Just a few pages back you were pushing for us to become world leaders in green energy technology. How do you reconcile the two?

On second thoughts don’t even try.
Now then Slackbladder, I was referring to the miners strike in 1984/5 when we weren't thinking about green energy. Correct support at that time would've removed our 30/40 year reliance on imports and helped the mining communities, avoiding the massive hole the Iron Bitch left behind.

And on the Chancellor's anouncement, see my post above or are your blinkers still in the way?